Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/973218878137487361
:tif:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Top 5 markets all in the east?

Better make more races in the west! Grow the brand!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iwentdoodie posted:

Top 5 markets all in the east?

Better make more races in the west! Grow the brand!

The thing is I don't fault them for doing a west coast trip at the moment. The weather out there is more consistent than the east so you have less chance of snow coming by and loving the whole thing up. Also helps that those tracks are more southern than most of the East coast tracks, though they could do 'Dega as well.

(I like to joke that US racing follows a bell curve, the start and end of the seasons are in the south half of the country, whereas the middle is in the north).

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

They should build better racetracks in the West. :colbert:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Elitist Bitch posted:

They should build better racetracks in the West. :colbert:

Agreed, tear down Vegas.

Fontana and Phoenix are fine.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
I think Phoenix is one of the better tracks in the west, which makes perfect sense that they are going to change the configuration for...reasons. I don't think it'll make much difference since it seems like all they are doing is moving the start/finish, but why mess with a good thing?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Restarts are going to be such a mess with most of the field still in the turn when they accelerate. I think mess is exactly what they are going for though.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

iospace posted:

Agreed, tear down Vegas.

Rebuild old Vegas (slower, wider).

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Make every track a perfect circle.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Elephanthead posted:

Make every track a figure eight.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Elephanthead posted:

Make every track a mobius strip.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Talladega, but twice as long and twice as much banking.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

iospace posted:

The thing is I don't fault them for doing a west coast trip at the moment. The weather out there is more consistent than the east so you have less chance of snow coming by and loving the whole thing up. Also helps that those tracks are more southern than most of the East coast tracks, though they could do 'Dega as well.

(I like to joke that US racing follows a bell curve, the start and end of the seasons are in the south half of the country, whereas the middle is in the north).

*South West. And while IndyCar races at Phoenix in a month or so, thats about the latest it could possibly be held until late September because otherwise it’s way too hot. Vegas, Phoenix and that desert east of LA are all far too warm in June or July, so this trip makes sense. Logistically works too.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Elephanthead posted:

Make every other track clockwise.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Bring forth the Busch Clash!

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/story/_/id/22750443

Now bring back good racing next.

e- Kevin Harvick could've joined JGR or Cal Wells' team (the Tide 32) instead of RCR:
https://twitter.com/NASCARONFOX/status/973273757388128256

DW last night on RaceHub said he could've put Jimmiebot in his Truck in the late 90s but passed because he didn't think an off-road driver would be able to transition to NASCAR.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 14, 2018

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Elephanthead posted:

Make every track a perfectly straight 500 mile drag race.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

^^ But with STages!

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

drat, I know Jimmiebot has had a rough start but this seems cruel:

https://twitter.com/teamhendrick/status/974012509161172993

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

CBJSprague24 posted:

DW last night on RaceHub said he could've put Jimmiebot in his Truck in the late 90s but passed because he didn't think an off-road driver would be able to transition to NASCAR.

Funny you mention this, I was listening to Jeremy Mayfield's episode on Dinner with Racers and he was considered to be in the 48.

Also that episode is amazing of his side of the drug testing, house got raided, and so forth to dunking on Ray Evernham and very specifically Brian France. He even said Dale Earnhardt said to him to save his money because when Brian takes over NASCAR, it will fall apart.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Elitist Bitch posted:

drat, I know Jimmiebot has had a rough start but this seems cruel:

https://twitter.com/teamhendrick/status/974012509161172993

A company headquartered in Mooresville that's been in NASCAR as a full time sponsor since 1995 and even used to have the naming rights to a track is completely walking away from the sport. This is pretty drat bad.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I want to see a graph of NASCAR's ratings since... 1990. Because that should be interesting.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
spoiler it goes up until like 2003 and then goes down

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

So - #48 Nationwide Chevy in 2019 and Alex Bowman gets shitcanned again, yes?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

r e̡ d̵ u̵ ͞c e ͠t ̸h ̕e͜ c̛ ͜o ͠s̶ ̶t ͡s

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

kidcoelacanth posted:

r e̡ d̵ u̵ ͞c e ͠t ̸h ̕e͜ c̛ ͜o ͠s̶ ̶t ͡s

Ahh...they did. Think of all the money they are saving by using the NASCAR mandated airguns. Is this week the first week where some team didn't lose 25 spots in the pits because of an airgun or hose failure?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

mearn posted:

A company headquartered in Mooresville that's been in NASCAR as a full time sponsor since 1995 and even used to have the naming rights to a track is completely walking away from the sport. This is pretty drat bad.

Home Depot scaled way back and it didn't hurt them at all. Not to mention that it costs way too much money sponsor a car.

daslog fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 14, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

iospace posted:

I want to see a graph of NASCAR's ratings since... 1990. Because that should be interesting.

When a sanctioning body goes out of its way to stop making public ratings, attendance, purse, and shutting down a guy's hobby blog about the economics of racing, you know things are getting pretty ba-- oh wait, we did that like like 5 years ago.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Why would you sponsor a car when you can just buy airtime during the race.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nascar makes all these rule changes to make races more exciting for viewers when all they really need is some drivers with some personality. Get some good rivalries going on the race tracks.

Also, the last 4 races haven't really done poo poo to try to introduce new drivers to the fans to make anyone really give a poo poo. Just Harvick and Busch brothers really.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fall Martinsville was amazing last year because of the stupid drama with Chase and Denny. Was it dumb drama? Yeah. Was it "Let me grab my popcorn" worthy? gently caress yeah it was.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

They really do need to pay Mick Foley to come in and give everyone lessons on how to shoot a good face promo

KB doesn't need any help on the heel side.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Elephanthead posted:

Why would you sponsor a car when you can just buy airtime during the race.

The Official ______ of NASCAR.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

The Official ______ of NASCAR.

Considering the rumors of what Monster paid that can't cost much either.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Man, the contrast of fan experience from NASCAR to IMSA is ridiculous.

NASCAR just needs to go full Aussie supercar style, and run half ovals and do poo poo with IMSA the rest of the time. That would be amazing.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Kurt Busch's 2003 Throwback for Darlington is :fap:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Kurt Busch's 2003 Throwback for Darlington is :fap:

https://twitter.com/AcrossTheStripe/status/974315750637924352

That'd be a good regular paint scheme to be honest.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Nascar Europe in danger of having more entries than Cup

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-euro/news/nascar-euro-series-sets-entries-record-1015170/

Including one from Go Fas

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/brentdewar/status/974614933865365506

https://twitter.com/brentdewar/status/974673527419867136

https://twitter.com/B_DayKH4/status/974675362742448129

This guy is one of the higher ups for NASCAR. If you've ever wondered what's wrong with this sport...

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

This guy is one of the higher ups for NASCAR. If you've ever wondered what's wrong with this sport...

His Twitter kind of makes it look like he works for SHR rather than the mothership, but he does not tweet like he is a real bright dude.

In other news, Gluck is reporting that anyone who doesn't make a qualifying attempt for the Xfinity race because their car won't pass inspection will have to serve a pass through penalty when the race goes green.

Unintended consequence of having less than capacity fields I suppose- what is the point of qualifying if you know you're going to make the race?