Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

Idk tiny superman still seems to be having a blast over on supergirl :v:

When they allow him to even show up :manning:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

nine-gear crow posted:

When they allow him to even show up :manning:

This season WB corporate will let us [rolls dice] have a character be interrupted while mentioning a "Dr. Quinzel" and [rolls dice] we can use Slade Wilson again, but only in a flashback to Oliver's time driving an ice cream truck on the inhabited half of his backstory island.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Two more heroes are joining Team Flash before the end of the season: Bluntman and Chronic.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

dude is loving weird about wanting to only wear jorts.

we get it, you're a fat man.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I wonder if it’ll be Mewes’ canonical character from his first appearance where Girder wrecked his car.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

No Butt Stuff posted:

dude is loving weird about wanting to only wear jorts.

we get it, you're a fat man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItNGDYno2S8

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He’s not even that fat anymore, it’s just a gimmick at this point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A brand is a brand.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

STAC Goat posted:

A brand is a brand.

Even his Funko POP! vinyl figure is wearing pants because Silent Bob did lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kevin Smith does some of the worst standup I've ever heard.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Huh, this really feels like they are trying to course correct some bad decisions

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I'm pretty down with Iris' purple speed lightning.

And there's our "Run, Iris, run." for the episode.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 14, 2018

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

My only complaint is that they should've had killer frost at least make a perfunctory attempt at turning the fire guy into an ice cube.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

howe_sam posted:

My only complaint is that they should've had killer frost at least make a perfunctory attempt at turning the fire guy into an ice cube.

I find it far weirder they speak with dread and horror at "you want them to make a tidal wave?!" as if it was going to crash through half the city to get to the dude, but he was right on the water anyways. Just sort of a weird fake out on the whole thing with Cisco thinking being super-smart will turn Harry into a psychopath.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zebulon posted:

I find it far weirder they speak with dread and horror at "you want them to make a tidal wave?!" as if it was going to crash through half the city to get to the dude, but he was right on the water anyways. Just sort of a weird fake out on the whole thing with Cisco thinking being super-smart will turn Harry into a psychopath.

Also lol @ every time Flash writers forget Central City is supposed to be in Illinois or Missouri because they shoot the show in coastal Vancouver.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Also lol @ every time Flash writers forget Central City is supposed to be in Illinois or Missouri because they shoot the show in coastal Vancouver.

I guess you could pretend it's Chicago and they'd have access to Lake Michigan.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Should've kept Iris as a speedster. Or had him swap more powers around from the team. Freaky Friday for everyone.

Monay! Give me my monay!!!!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Should've kept Iris as a speedster. Or had him swap more powers around from the team. Freaky Friday for everyone.

Stretchy Cisco. Ralph vibes himself into a wall. Wells gets cold powers and the Killer Frost lipstick. And Caitlin becomes a really surly bitch.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Zebulon posted:

I guess you could pretend it's Chicago and they'd have access to Lake Michigan.

According to an old Arrow episode Central City is Chicago and Star City is Detroit.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nine-gear crow posted:

Airborne shots are clearly Portland. I'm pretty sure dumping the Willamette on someone would be lethal regardless of fire, no matter what the Superfund folks say.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Koalas March posted:

According to an old Arrow episode Central City is Chicago and Star City is Detroit.

Then they screwed that up because Vixen takes place in and is from actual Detroit by name.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zebulon posted:

Then they screwed that up because Vixen takes place in and is from actual Detroit by name.

Star City is supposed to be in northern California or southern Oregon, from what I recall.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Zebulon posted:

Maybe Star is actually Flint. That would... Make a lot of sense.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
You know what? gently caress it, make everyone a speedster. Iris, Harry, Ralph, whatever. Make the episodes take 2 minutes to play out and you need frame by frame to watch it.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

You know what? gently caress it, make everyone a speedster. Iris, Harry, Ralph, whatever. Make the episodes take 2 minutes to play out and you need frame by frame to watch it.

This would be amazing as a web special or DVD extra. Just get all the speedsters together and have them planning a surprise party or something so they're just zipping all over the place barely perceivable for the entire thing. Then an alternative version that's a full length episode entirely in flash time like the nuke one, but silly.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zebulon posted:

This would be amazing as a web special or DVD extra. Just get all the speedsters together and have them planning a surprise party or something so they're just zipping all over the place barely perceivable for the entire thing. Then an alternative version that's a full length episode entirely in flash time like the nuke one, but silly.

But you repeat yourself :v:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

What I love about this episode is that Iris wasn't made into the bad guy or some other patronizing thing. Barry was frustrated and exhausted by the situation, but it wasn't directed at her. She made mistakes, but they were from inexperience not some "weak woman" character flaw. Barry's "run Iris run" speech was exactly as sappy and motivational as the ones she's given. All too often in comics and such the "sidekick gets superpowers" episode ends with them screwing everything up and a moral of "the actual hero manages it because he's Just That Awesome, go back to the sidelines saying 'gee willikers' and getting kidnapped."

Also gotta love people with powers immediately going on "HAHAHA kneel before your God and give me money!" power trips.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Flash...good...again?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It would have been something for Iris to do. I'm not really digging this "Iris is a team leader because she occasionally tells Barry what to do over the comm" thing. It's better than her doing nothing, like she did last season, but still...great writing it ain't.

Bruceski posted:

What I love about this episode is that Iris wasn't made into the bad guy or some other patronizing thing. Barry was frustrated and exhausted by the situation, but it wasn't directed at her. She made mistakes, but they were from inexperience not some "weak woman" character flaw. Barry's "run Iris run" speech was exactly as sappy and motivational as the ones she's given. All too often in comics and such the "sidekick gets superpowers" episode ends with them screwing everything up and a moral of "the actual hero manages it because he's Just That Awesome, go back to the sidelines saying 'gee willikers' and getting kidnapped."

Also gotta love people with powers immediately going on "HAHAHA kneel before your God and give me money!" power trips.

:agreed: Also it wasn't an "Iris turns into a cocky rear end in a top hat" plotline either. Those are beyond tiresome when they happen.

nine-gear crow posted:

Star City is supposed to be in northern California or southern Oregon, from what I recall.

IIRC the Space Needle was totally visible (lit up at night and everything) in one scene earlier this season.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 14, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

I also liked that she wasn't automatically just as fast as Barry or even Wally, which makes perfect sense, but still plenty drat fast enough to get the job done. They took the time and effort to show visually that she was only like Season 1 Flash level fast, yet they didn't dwell on it or use that as a hurdle she needed to get over either.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Laterite posted:

Flash...good...again?

No, Iris is still good. Her writing still sucks though.

Everyone else is treading water. Now we have two thinkers trying to out Kasparov each other.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Maybe Devoe just wanted team Flash to develop their own, supperior thinking cap that would not kill him...

Ep was good, though almost like they were responding to some critism against Iris directly - like rememembering she’s supposed to be a reporter. :D

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Good episode, was a bit worried that Iris immediately went to murder hand upon getting super speed.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Two really good episodes of The Flash in a row...I'd forgotten what this was like :psyduck:

Give Iris back her speed though, Barry the time-murderer doesn't deserve it :mad:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I liked that Barry was willing to give his powers up so Iris could have them too, something very honest and cute about that.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Good episode.

Make them both speedsters.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

I also liked that she wasn't automatically just as fast as Barry or even Wally, which makes perfect sense, but still plenty drat fast enough to get the job done. They took the time and effort to show visually that she was only like Season 1 Flash level fast, yet they didn't dwell on it or use that as a hurdle she needed to get over either.

Yea I laughed out loud at the detail that she had to run all the way up the spiral staircase, cause she hadn't learned to run up walls

GobiasIndustries posted:

Two really good episodes of The Flash in a row...I'd forgotten what this was like :psyduck:

Well apparently the writers did too because the effort exhausted them so much that we have another break lol

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I'm beginning to really think they swapped Earth-2 and Earth-3. Everybody on Earth-1 who's based on a Earth-2 villain ends up being a good guy (Frost, Harry) and everyone who's supposed to be a good guy ends up a horrible person (Fake Jay, Reverb, Deathstorm). Meanwhile, Jay Garrick is over on Earth-3 fighting Totally Not the Joker Stop Asking.

Harry's pretty much Earth-2 Heroic Thinker now and I'm super down with that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Koalas March posted:

Never underestimate white people when it comes to racism.

I know I joke about hating white people a lot but Reddit really does justify hating my own kind as much as i do.

I mean come on, have you seen us dance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Titan
Jan 14, 2002
I thought it was funny that within hours Iris was already a better hero than Barry.

She wasn't as fast but she was smart and picked up things pretty quickly.