Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Droid racism? In my forum?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What else do we need to know about Obi-wan? Practically his entire life is shown on screen as it is between the prequels, TCW and ANH.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

banned from Starbucks posted:

What else do we need to know about Obi-wan? Practically his entire life is shown on screen as it is between the prequels, TCW and ANH.

Obi-Wan is pretty much the ideal side film for Disney and the general fanbase.
- Popular, recognizable character to plaster all over marketing and merch
- Well-liked actor willing to reprise the role
- Opportunity for small-stakes lower budget storytelling
- Baked-in public interest

If we get a Kenobi film, I’m willing to be real money it’ll be a Star Wars take on Yojimbo.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

There's just about zilch in the new canon about his apprenticeship under Qui-Gon (wouldn't surprise me if people still considered the Jedi Apprentice series canon, or at least broad strokes...)
The period between TPM and AotC only has a single Anakin & Obi-Wan comic miniseries and was more about Palpatine manipulating him anyway
The period between RotS and ANH has had a few tidbits sprinkled here and there, but that's probably where a Kenobi film would take place if Ewan MacGregor reprised the role

Given how Star Wars originally had the subtitle "from the journals of Luke Skywalker" and we know Obi-Wan kept similar journals, they could probably do something with that

I wonder how effective it'd be to...I dunno, have a Kenobi movie that incorporates flashbacks to Obi-Wan’s childhood in it as he protects Luke and goes about his daily activities on Tatooine

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The empire is actively hunting him, all the scum/villainy on Tattoine (including the Hutts) wanting to make a quick buck on a Jedi bounty, Boba holding a grudge (if he ever found out), sand people raiders, and Jawa scrappers...which is all out there in addition to/complicating his “keep an eye on Luke” mission. There’s plenty of room in there for a movie.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
Obi-wan and Darth Maul buddy movie. Turns out he was just resting.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Obi-Wan wakes up at a Mos Eisley strip club with a 20,000 credit bill and no memory of the night before. He must come up with the money to square the debt with the club's Hutt owners in the next 24 hours or become a marked man and risk blowing his cover.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Obi-Wan's affair with Satine takes a turn as she becomes a dancing girl slave for a fat Hutt. She later dies of lung disease. The movie is filled with musical numbers.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Toddler Luke gets picked up by Tusken Raiders after they somehow find out that his dad massacred a whole bunch of them. He gets to Luke, but not before he's taken deep into the wastes and other Tusken camps are alerted. Cue Lone Wolf and Cub homage.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
A baby carriage with spinning light sabers on the wheels.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
I kind of wish CW had played up Anakin and Ventress as rivals more instead of putting her opposite Obi wan. Their backstories are more similar and you could probably get a lot of mileage out of that.

Also, "young inexperienced idiot kid who's angry all the time" Boba Fett has made me like the character a lot more.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Colonial Air Force posted:

Obi-Wan's affair with Satine takes a turn as she becomes a dancing girl slave for a fat Hutt. She later dies of lung disease. The movie is filled with musical numbers.

I would buy tickets in advance if Baz Luhrmann were brought in to make this :swoon:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Aces High posted:

I would buy tickets in advance if Baz Luhrmann were brought in to make this :swoon:

I would not. I think someone finally found a description of a Star Wars movie I would not see.

I hated Moulin Rouge. I don't know if I'm in the minority on this or not. I know I was in the minority of the group I went see it with.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

Also, "young inexperienced idiot kid who's angry all the time" Boba Fett has made me like the character a lot more.
Boba Fett trying to assassinate Mace Windu in revenge was a great plot hook. Plus it led to the Lassie-themed episode, so: bonus points.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Make the Obi Wan movie this, but Kenobi is the dog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbNysrXWFis

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool

DancinBrud posted:

Boba Fett trying to assassinate Mace Windu in revenge was a great plot hook. Plus it led to the Lassie-themed episode, so: bonus points.

I’m actually up to the “Ventress teams up with bounty hunters” arc. It’s so hilarious watching him be in charge of these fucks.

edit - god, Lux Bonteri is so loving boring. I wonder if there was ever a point where they considered using him for Rogue One but picked Saw because, again, so boring.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 16, 2018

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Latest season of Forces of Destiny has been posted. Features some returning regulars as well as a few new faces:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWMuLRTSOYBjknaKeEffVlKU

Teek fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 19, 2018

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Teek posted:

Latest season of Forces of Destiny has been posted. Features some returning regulars as well as a few new faces:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWMuLRTSOYBjknaKeEffVlKU

Sweet, thanks for posting the link.

These are silly but fun.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ha, (casting spoiler) Mark Hamill is in one of these.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Those were all delightful. Easily an improvement on the first season.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

thrawn527 posted:

Old voice coming from a young body worked a lot better than I thought it would

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

In addition to Hamill, Daisy Ridley also appears. I think they also got the actual people who play FiN and Rose as well.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah; I absolutely loved those. The Luke and Yoda one stands out a little bit given the female-led nature of most of the rest of the show...but that's okay.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, it's pretty much all the original actors save for the recast VAs from The Clone Wars series. (Yoda, Anakin and Padme)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Teek posted:

Yeah, it's pretty much all the original actors save for the recast VAs from The Clone Wars series. (Yoda, Anakin and Padme)

And, understandably, Carrie Fisher. :(

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

jivjov posted:

Yeah; I absolutely loved those. The Luke and Yoda one stands out a little bit given the female-led nature of most of the rest of the show...but that's okay.

Yeah, I was going to say I don't know why they had Luke in one, given that these are designed to be female driven. But as a one off to let Hamill (I'll drop the spoiler text, it's been a day) play young Luke again, I'm fine with it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I am just happy for more porgs. Did they get the original Porg VA's back too?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'll never get over how bad the VA is for Leia.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If we get a Kenobi film, I’m willing to be real money it’ll be a Star Wars take on Yojimbo.

This, on Tatooine, with Kenobi aware of the fact that if his mission of protecting Luke is going to continue, no one who finds out he's force sensitive can be allowed to live.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

I'll never get over how bad the VA is for Leia.

Leia’s voice must be one of the toughest to do. Many have tried, barely anyone has gotten even close to replicating it. Best has been whoever did her voice in the cutscenes of Battlefront II. (OT Leia, that is. I’m not a fan of the Resistance-era Leia voice in the game.)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The Leia VA sounds like she based it on Fischer's sarcastic voice.

These are good, I had only watched the Hera and Han one from the last season.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The artstyle is vaguely reminiscent of the 03 Clone Wars shorts, which is never a bad thing

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

The Leia VA sounds like she based it on Fischer's sarcastic voice.

These are good, I had only watched the Hera and Han one from the last season.

Which is totally the best, if only for the beginning where and Han and Chewie are excited to watch Ewoks cook stormtroopers before Leia calls them insane monsters.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Who knew Zeb had such a nice butt?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Moon Slayer posted:

I was literally thinking it just before I read the rest of your post.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Moon Slayer posted:

The real reason he wears space spandex.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

No surprises why Kallus married him.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moon Slayer posted:

Which comic is this?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Elentor posted:

Which comic is this?

Most recent issue of the main Star Wars ongoing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does that psychotic doctor/scientist from Vader ever return? I loved her and her even more psychotic robot duo.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 22, 2018

• Locked thread