Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
It's a good show and all, but it's remarkable how much worse everything would have been without elevator guy. He saved the rape episode and probably the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Krispy Wafer posted:

It's a good show and all, but it's remarkable how much worse everything would have been without elevator guy. He saved the rape episode and probably the season.

His name is Dann :colbert:

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
And he's a lieutenant, which keeps making me think of Forrest Gump.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Hipster_Doofus posted:

And he's a lieutenant, which keeps making me think of Forrest Gump.

I wonder how long it'll be until the writers finally get to drop in a Forrest Gump reference....

Scene: the elevator.
CAPTAIN MERCER: Oh, hi, Kelly.

COMMANDER GRAYSON: Hey there. Crazy mission last week, huh? Eighty's reference, beat, non-sequitur zinger.

MERCER: Yeah. Say, the music in the elevator is pretty snappy today. I've been riding up and down just to listen to it. Who was it who set this up? I want to give them a commendation.

GRAYSON: Lieutenant Dann. But, he got transferred to the Wilbur last month, remember?

MERCER: Oh. Well... uhm, good job, and... that's all I have to say about that.

tarlibone fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 12, 2018

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

So my wife loves The Orville, which officially means it's doomed because every time we find a show we both like it gets canceled.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Dietrich posted:

So my wife loves The Orville, which officially means it's doomed because every time we find a show we both like it gets canceled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ17nsRN7pY&t=14s

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm rewatching and in the Charlize Theron episode they are shocked at her being able to teleport, but in the zoo episode before that, Ed and Kelly had already been teleported.

:goonsay:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

drunken officeparty posted:

I'm rewatching and in the Charlize Theron episode they are shocked at her being able to teleport, but in the zoo episode before that, Ed and Kelly had already been teleported.

:goonsay:

Well, I mean, the zoo episode featured a hyper-advanced race, so seeing teleportation from a seemingly normal human should have surprised them.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Also the zoo guys had infrastructure to call on, whereas her teleporter either fit inside that tiny metal box, or was built into her - either would be pretty impressive even by Star Trek standards.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Dietrich posted:

Same with me and my wife. It was our fault dirk gently is gone. And I finally got her into Rick and morty and now that's gone.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Spiteski posted:

Same with me and my wife. It was our fault dirk gently is gone. And I finally got her into Rick and morty and now that's gone.

At least Rick and Morty will be back.

e: oh, poo poo, I guess not.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Spiteski posted:

It's just Harmon being a dick, it's not gone.
Dirk Gently is, but not Rick and Morty.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Taear posted:

It's just Harmon being a dick, it's not gone.
Dirk Gently is, but not Rick and Morty.

I thought Adult Swim hadn't ordered it yet, not Harmon being a dick.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

swickles posted:

That was my understanding as well.
It's possible that he is winding everyone up but who knows.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
after the third season and after the fanbase turned out to be a bunch of frothing lunatics i'm pretty okay with no more Rick and Morty honestly

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

swickles posted:

They haven't, apparently - but he's still winding people up by wording it like he did.
Why would they say no to something that sells so much merchandise?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

after the third season and after the fanbase turned out to be a bunch of frothing lunatics i'm pretty okay with no more Rick and Morty honestly

oh yeah also Dan Harmon being a turgid bolus of rat semen is another reason I'm cool with no more R&M

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Either he is just being a dick about the fact that technically it's not officially renewed yet but obviously will be, or they really are cancelling his hit #1 show and the only reason they would is either if he wants to stop which he doesn't, or if he is being so impossible to work with that it's not worth it for the network to continue.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Taear posted:

They haven't, apparently - but he's still winding people up by wording it like he did.
Why would they say no to something that sells so much merchandise?

Why would they say no to Metalocalypse?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

oh yeah also Dan Harmon being a turgid bolus of rat semen is another reason I'm cool with no more R&M

My coworker is a big fan of his, so I would like to know why he is such a jackass.

I mean, I find Harmon to be up his own rear end a lot and puerile in his humor but that is just personal preference thing.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Mooseontheloose posted:

My coworker is a big fan of his, so I would like to know why he is such a jackass.

I mean, I find Harmon to be up his own rear end a lot and puerile in his humor but that is just personal preference thing.

Harmon is a really messed up guy who wears absolutely everything on his sleeve. He's been doing a two hour long weekly video podcast for several years now, and is usual completely drunk by the end of it. With that much content out there it's trivial for anyone to find an example of him saying something they don't like, which I guess is way worse than your average show runner who probably has worse opinions but keeps them to themselves.

While running Community he tried to pursue one of the writers working for him and made her job lovely for her, both before and after she turned him down. He talked about it on his podcast in what the woman in question later referred to as a 'masterclass in apology' but I understand that's still a deal breaker for a lot of people.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
He made an oblique reference on Twitter to the fact that he sexually harassed a writer off of his TV show, said writer called him out on it and told him to loving own up to what he did, he petulantly refused and insisted that she go through the emotional trial of recounting the story before he accepted (or, potentially rejected!) her account of events.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
"i ffucked up buig time guys :("
"Why don't you tell everyone how exactly you hosed up?"
"no, i won't do that. you shoudd tell instead and then i'lll apologize for it"

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

He made an oblique reference on Twitter to the fact that he sexually harassed a writer off of his TV show, said writer called him out on it and told him to loving own up to what he did, he petulantly refused and insisted that she go through the emotional trial of recounting the story before he accepted (or, potentially rejected!) her account of events.
I watched this whole thing unfold and almost the opposite of everything you said happened.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
That's the way it was told to me, I can't follow poo poo on Twitter. So he finally spelled out what he did wrong, then?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

LividLiquid posted:

I watched this whole thing unfold and almost the opposite of everything you said happened.

Yeah this. They even finished it semi-amicably, though she's said she can't accept his apology yet.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I thought she accepted the apology?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I thought she accepted the apology?

She did, and people were made because she accepted it.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

turgid bolus of rat semen

This is magnificent and I am adding it to my vocabulary where do I send the royalties?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Hipster_Doofus posted:

This is magnificent and I am adding it to my vocabulary where do I send the royalties?

Given the word choice? Probably Dan Harmon, actually.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Caros posted:

Problematic, imho

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

So she accepted it, and it thrilled people so much that they had unprotected heterosexual sex with the intent to cause pregnancies?

I'd call that a success.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

LividLiquid posted:

Cojawfee posted:

Both of these sound about par for the course on Twitter.

gently caress Twitter.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

counterfeitsaint posted:

Both of these sound about par for the course on Twitter.

gently caress Twitter.

Twitter is great.
It's people that are poo poo and at least Twitter allows you to filter out the worst.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Rick and Morty Dan Harmon chat is worse than Star Trek chat

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

tarlibone posted:

So she accepted it, and it thrilled people so much that they had unprotected heterosexual sex with the intent to cause pregnancies?

I'd call that a success.

No, 'made' as in mobsters.

People were so thrilled, Joe Pesci finally got his shot.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Please talk about cartoons in the cartoons forum, this thread is for serious spaceship debate.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Hipster_Doofus posted:

please send any royalties to support these wonderful forums

Caros posted:

no, i came up with that back in the mid-2000s

"in a sea of poo poo, joe lieberman is a festering bolus of rat semen"

(festering, that was it, i couldn't remember so i went with 'turgid' which is also a good word)

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Festering is a five dollar word, but turgid is :10bux:.

Hipster_Doofus fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Watching TNG, randomly worf has to receive a message from a Klingon ship called the bortas.

Probably spotted somewhere in the pages of this thread already but hey.