Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
I swear I had an Apple //c LCD screen that had the candy plastic aesthetic, but I can’t seem to find proof of it ever existing online. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the hardware prototypes were transparent plastic, but no candy/fruit accents

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
That’s right, I’m now remembering that it was smoked transparent blue! I think it was third party though.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
you mean the studio display?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
also i wanted one of these so bad and still do

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

pram posted:

studio? i refer to my posting room as "the beat lab"

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

pram posted:

oh man same. those were the diamondtron ones, right?

it would go perfect with my dual 1.25 mdd

i check craigslist every so often just in case :shobon:

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

pram posted:

nah, it was really for the //c. i bought it off my old high school for a dollar, since they were gonna trash it. this was like 2001.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
this rules Music crashes on my phone and I have no real idea why but I think it’s some corrupted downloaded files because it won’t let me delete downloaded files

it just works

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

this rules Music crashes on my phone and I have no real idea why but I think it’s some corrupted downloaded files because it won’t let me delete downloaded files

it just works

that was my only pet peeve about the ipod (not the corrupted/crash thing just the inability to delete while you're listening to stuff when it occurs to you you don't want that track, not at home on itunes)

can't believe that's still a thing

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

pram posted:

no you don’t, they were just eh

had one on my desk before I rated an LCD

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Raluek posted:

oh man same. those were the diamondtron ones, right?

it would go perfect with my dual 1.25 mdd

i check craigslist every so often just in case :shobon:

a Cinema Display HD goes even more perfectly with the MDD, honestly

also, put a cheap 120GB SSD in your G4 through an IDE-SATA bridge, it loving flies

like everything you can do in Mac OS 9.2.2, MPW, CodeWarrior, Macintosh Common Lisp, etc. feels instantaneous, it’s quite something

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Apple claims deleting the music app will also delete all associated files. So I tried that and guess what it doesn’t actually delete them cause when I reinstalled they were still all there lol

And it still crashes double lol

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Always store your data separately. Sync means delete.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
I’m TRYING to delete things off this phone cause my best guess diagnostic is some locally stored mp3 is corrupted and when the music app tries to read its info to list it it crashes. my phone literally won’t let me. like if you go into settings/music there’s a list of locally downloaded and it lets me “delete” music but f I exit and come back they reappear lol

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

:awesome:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Skim Milk posted:

studio? i refer to my posting room as "the beat lab"

more like beat off lab

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

bump_fn posted:

I’m TRYING to delete things off this phone cause my best guess diagnostic is some locally stored mp3 is corrupted and when the music app tries to read its info to list it it crashes. my phone literally won’t let me. like if you go into settings/music there’s a list of locally downloaded and it lets me “delete” music but f I exit and come back they reappear lol

Why not backup and restore? Music is always the longest part of a restore anyways (since you're trying to delete it anyways).

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
why wouldn't the backup also be corrupt?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Backup is just settings and what apps you had on it. It'll download the apps, put the settings back in, etc. But it will have to sync your music from your computer again (or download it from the iTunes store I imagine if you have the Music subscription, I don't know). And then bluetooth and fingerprints have to be done again. But otherwise it's pretty lean for a backup. It's not an image.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ah yes, the tv above the fireplace design philosophy.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

infernal machines posted:

why wouldn't the backup also be corrupt?

this was my first time capsule experience, rsync of broken blocks :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

wwdc got announced for early june, time to get disappointed with macbook keyboards

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Macbook keyboards in 2018 will come with a futuristic dust membrane permanently installed

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Don Lapre posted:

Macbook keyboards in 2018 will come with a futuristic dust membrane permanently installed

i for one am looking forward to ip67 computers

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Don Lapre posted:

lol

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
futuristic, lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

membrane isn't thin enough, jony would never accept it

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
keyboard condom

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
I bought myself a series 3 watch, my wife a 8 plus, and then sent my boss a letter of resignation today.

thanks timb

thimb

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cool startup feel posted:

keyboard condom

so nasty when they yellow

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Scott Forstall posted:

I bought myself a series 3 watch, my wife a 8 plus, and then sent my boss a letter of resignation today.

thanks timb

thimb

congratulations on your escape. remember to leave a stack of tracked hardware in your office for your boss to sort through.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Scott Forstall posted:

thanks timb

thimb

:vince:

pro tier joke right here

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Boiled Water posted:

:vince:

pro tier joke right here
username/post synergy is on point

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
only took 8 years at Apple to set up the perfect forums joke for my bros in the ‘POS

e: already figured out I can’t change the volume with the crown in overcast. gently caress goddammit Marco do your job

Scott Forstall fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 14, 2018

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
that's a watchos limitation

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
lol at this dumb thing

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Scott Forstall posted:

lol at this dumb timb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

All the poo poo Apple implemented to stop kids from buying $5000 worth of poo poo on iTunes made the experience really bad

I went to buy an app on my iPad today and it asked for touchid, password twice, my passcode, and the security code on my credit card before it finally went through, maybe that's an edge case because I hadn't bought anything from my iPad before it's still ridiculous

I don't see how asking your password again after you just typed it in 15 seconds ago improves security in any way, iTunes on desktop does the same bullshit