Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So apparently if a dude gets KO'd in the middle of a battle royal they just... leave him in there? Harsh.

Yep, happens a lot in nL Inc's "Brawl 4 All" streams because they're using mods to do battle royal MMA so you get a lot of people laid out on the mats in short order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Firepro team goes quiet for barely over a month and this thread starts proclaiming abandonment. Good grief.

I regret wanting to see more World talk in the thread to pad out the sea of TEW.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Firepro is the only wrestling game I have had fun with in years.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Firepro is the only wrestling game I have had fun with in years.

Same, 88 hours playtime so far and I've never "played" a single match under my own control!

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Exactly. And I can have the ghostbusters vs the shield. And have it be a fun match.

gently caress wwe2kwhatever

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I nearly bit on 2k18 because it went down to $35 on the PS4 store, and then doing my research discovered you have to level your CAWs in the lovely campaign.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

dont even fink about it posted:

I nearly bit on 2k18 because it went down to $35 on the PS4 store, and then doing my research discovered you have to level your CAWs in the lovely campaign.

Only your "MyPlayer"s who are for Career and the Road to Glory mode- in Universe they can be whatever (and it's actually kinda hard not to overpower them because they don't show your overall rating until you've adjusted all your stats.) Of course it would be nice to be able to copy MyPlayer wrestlers to Universe but hahahaha no

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Do you guys have any good examples of stuff you do with priorities? So far I've stuck to pretty basic things with them.

One of the more satisfying things you can chain is the Joe combo. Manhattan Drop B to Running Big Boot to Diving Senton to Pin. There's a couple of standing dizzy moves now which work great for these.

Also I'm not sure if it's supposed to still be hush hush but Carl and Friends have released a custom move pack with 40 new moves. Stuff like Kudo Driver, Psycho Driver, Croyts Wrath, Inverted Go to Sleep, Hammerlock, a mix of wild stuff and basics . Some look a little janky but some look great.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah one nice thing about 10 priority slots is it lets you set up sequences.

But another thing someone told me is that it can dodge the problem of guys repeating top rope moves (which became a thing since they had people hit by top rope moves stay down a bit longer.) I'll need to go to do that next time I open the game.

For most of my guys I'm nowhere close to using all the slots. It's just a good thing to have.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I think the most elaborate sequence I have via priority attacks one of my character doing a specific taunt after a couple of Finisher/Signature moves, the taunt then triggers a 50% chance to do a normal pin, if that fails a 50% chance to do a second pin (the cocky boot to the chest pin) and if that fails a 100% chance to do his signature ground submission. I think this works out to 50%/25%/25% combined odds of which pin/submission gets used.

I wish priorities allowed you to order a grapple move, it'd be cool to have someone use a taunt before certain moves/their finisher.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

I nearly fell for the yearly WWE2K grift on Steam. On the day I was going to purchase, FPWW was announced. Having an import .mp3 option for entrance themes really sealed it for me, in comparison to 2K's constant excuses.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Same, 88 hours playtime so far and I've never "played" a single match under my own control!

247, at least 2/3rds were spent pumping out whatever CAW ideas were in my head, movesets and AI. I like making original edits, because there's already so many meticulously created and amazing edits of almost everyone you can think of in Steam workshop.

FullMetalJackoff fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 15, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Those guys look pretty good. Mine are kinda basic cause I ended up going for a faux-80s feel for some reason. This is my entire roster of wrestlemans with logic so far. I got a couple more designed I still have to Logic.

Do you guys use a pin % chance at large damage? If so at what percentage? How often do you feel a match is won via an unsatisfying pin if you do this? Right now nearly all my Edits are set to only go for pins after specific moves.

Testing these guys has been fun though, and I'm even incorporating some of the results into my "lore" such as Ken Tarrow hating the poo poo out of Victor Adonis for KOing him in his very first match with his "Bronze Bicep". This is also why I set Victor to have an extremely high chance to do the "point at Bicep" taunt when he uses his signature lariat move. :allears:

Even better I actually was recording that match. :v: (Victor got a name change after I made the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=045A2lF_2nE

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 15, 2018

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I've had fun making custom rings, mostly based in the canon of the WWWRPG games I ran/played in.

I have almost everyone set to not do (non-priority) pins at high damage except for a couple who are hardcore types that I want to be able to win off weapon shots and one who is kind of a "meta" heel where it's in character to win off an elbow to the back and crotch-chop at the crowd.

PublicOpinion fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 15, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FullMetalJackoff posted:

I nearly fell for the yearly WWE2K grift on Steam. On the day I was going to purchase, FPWW was announced. Having an import .mp3 option for entrance themes really sealed it for me, in comparison to 2K's constant excuses.

That’s just straight not allowed on the PS4 and that’s the only platform that matters for their sales now.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

That’s just straight not allowed on the PS4 and that’s the only platform that matters for their sales now.

And yet you can import music for walk-ups in The Show. Regardless, the game has bigger problems than removing a feature available on last generation consoles.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Those guys look pretty good. Mine are kinda basic cause I ended up going for a faux-80s feel for some reason.

Do you guys use a pin % chance at large damage? If so at what percentage? How often do you feel a match is won via an unsatisfying pin if you do this? Right now nearly all my Edits are set to only go for pins after specific moves.

Trust me, all my edits used to have that feel and I came back to them later for tweaking. Just experiment with the edit creator and you'll soon figure out ways to create new looks by exploiting the layer system. Part filter search and using the Part Preview rotation really help too.

To be honest, I don't often touch that and left it near the default (can't think off the top of my head if it's 5% or 10%). My edits generally gain most of their victories with either pinning moves, subs or Priority Attack spots with high % chances set (eg. Finisher > Pin or Slingblade > Ibushi Knee > Dragon Clutch etc). This results in no spamming of pins off weak moves, longer matches, more spots and crowd reaction.

PublicOpinion posted:

I've had fun making custom rings, mostly based in the canon of the WWWRPG games I ran/played in.

That third ring is really neat and would look right at home on a SNES port of Blazing Tornado.

FullMetalJackoff fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 15, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DLC Inc posted:

lol that taking a month to fix persistent bugs in a game translates to "taking the money and running" now

algebra testes posted:

Yeah this is by far the weirdest take I have seen.

i don't follow the Fire Pro twitter, the main Spike Chunsoft twitter is pretty much Fire Pro-free, the Steam news for the game (which is usually how i keep up with indie games) seemed dead silent, the last I'd heard was that the dev was being "restructured" in response to the quality of the game (which is usually an incredibly bad sign) and a few other people in here seemed equally unaware of what's going on :shrug:

like, my train of thought may have been wrong but it shouldn't be super hard to figure out how i got there

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
posting some fire pro images

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Its fast becoming a drat tradition for my new edits to KO this guy during their first few matches of testing.

He did three Full Nelson A-Bombs (a sig move) in a row and the third one KO'd him. Carlzilla's mod letting Sigs KO alongside finshers is great. Might turn the rate down, but it only happens once ever 10-15 or so matches.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

How user-friendly is Carlzilla's mod? I've been reluctant to move away from vanilla until the game is no longer updated, but a few things I've suggested in the discussion board (like Desperation Finishers) he's alluded to already be working on, if not already implemented.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Its not too hard to use. You just unzip it in the FPWW folder, run the patcher, select the submods you want, patch, and start the game, then a second window shows up with various option windows for whichever mods you picked.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

His mod is a loving godsend when you want to remove characters from the game.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So apparently if a dude gets KO'd in the middle of a battle royal they just... leave him in there? Harsh.

Yes this is one of my favorite things about Fire Pro and I hope they never change it. If you can pick the guy up before the ref counts him as KO'd the match will continue although every time he falls down he'll go back into the KO state, even if he does one of his own moves.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
EA just added Dana White to the new UFC game...

Mike Bohn posted:

According to the EA UFC 3 game stats, Dana White's striking is equivalent to Gokhan Saki, his health equal to Alexander Gustafsson, his stamina better than Lyoto Machida and his grappling better than Anderson Silva.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

TheCool69 posted:

EA just added Dana White to the new UFC game...

Finally, an opponent for CM Punk

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Coke habbit bigger than JBJ and its perfect

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PublicOpinion posted:

I have almost everyone set to not do (non-priority) pins at high damage except for a couple who are hardcore types that I want to be able to win off weapon shots and one who is kind of a "meta" heel where it's in character to win off an elbow to the back and crotch-chop at the crowd.

holy poo poo I need that first and last ring, are those on Steam

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Starting to dive into the CPU logic, and it's kind of fun. Now if only I could figure out how to make guys go for corner grapple or corner-to-center finishers.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

DLC Inc posted:

holy poo poo I need that first and last ring, are those on Steam

Sure, I put them all up and made them into collections, the colors for things that aren't covered in texture are in the collection description.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/edtopia/myworkshopfiles/?section=collections&appid=564230

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

DoctorDelaware posted:

Starting to dive into the CPU logic, and it's kind of fun. Now if only I could figure out how to make guys go for corner grapple or corner-to-center finishers.

Entertainment logic affects whipping into the corner. Theoretically a higher rating should see more whips into the corner late in the match. Obviously, the percentage chance of Irish whips happening also will have an effect.

As far as corner to center moves, they're kind of a crapshoot. Make sure the percentage is extremely high (I often set them to 100% and still don't see them very often), and make sure you have moves in the Large grapple section that will leave the opponent in the standing dazed position closer to the center. Putting percentage points in the RB headlock move and setting discretion high should help the edit drag it's opponent to the center so the corner to center moves will happen more often.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Spike Chunsoft will be doing a stream this week from GDC. There'll probably be Fire Pro stuff there.

https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/975840457463771136

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It will be awesome to have a wrestling game on Switch.

The other one is so broken Nintendo will still give you refunds on it and 2k should probably be banned from even selling it.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

The Kins posted:

Spike Chunsoft will be doing a stream this week from GDC. There'll probably be Fire Pro stuff there.

https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/975840457463771136

Torn on this cause I'd love Fire Pro on Switch but I've got a PS4 and I already feel like I've been waiting forever for it to come out.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Spike's GDC stream tonight is apparently 8PM Eastern (5 PM Pacific) for those curious or who didn't know (like myself)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The stream schedule seems to indicate they'll be talking all about the new games they've announced, but maybe FP and others will get a brief mention.

That said OMG the stream chat is the worst

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Maxwell Lord posted:

That said OMG the stream chat is the worst

Plus they're showing it on the video feed, so I can't even hide it. Between that and the schedule saying nothing about FPWW I'm just gonna skip it. Hopefully a small mention gets included.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
They ran the trailer but nothing new I'm afraid.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Fire Pro World on PS4 will also apparently be physical and $50 preorders are on amazon

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

$50 ? drat, I'm guessing that'll have the management and NJPW stuff included?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

$50 ? drat, I'm guessing that'll have the management and NJPW stuff included?

Last I heard that was the plan for the physical disc version yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I just saw on nl's twitter that fire pro people have figured out how to mod moves into the game now??? Crazy