Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Troy Queef posted:

hey, this Cuse/Arizona St game isn't half bad

No, it is.

The team that fucks up the least is going to win this. It was 12-11 At like 10 minutes into the half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

glyph posted:

No, it is.

The team that fucks up the least is going to win this. It was 12-11 At like 10 minutes into the half.

As long as we consistently make our half-court shots, I think we've got this.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

This is a close bad game imo. How did either team even get in over MTSU or USC.

That being said a dude that goes to Syracuse now owes me $100 bucks, so go ASU!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
MTSU plays in a trash league and hosed up against a trash team

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

FartingBedpost posted:

This is a close bad game imo. How did either team even get in over MTSU or USC.

That being said a dude that goes to Syracuse now owes me $100 bucks, so go ASU!

ASU had the best non-conference results in the country, beating Xavier on a neutral court and Kansas at Kansas. They had a poo poo Pac 12 season and I wouldn't have been upset if they were left out, but "How did ASU get in?" is not a mystery.

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

Half court shots have stopped falling, but we're getting some foul calls. I hope that's enough.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Troy Queef posted:

hey, this Cuse/Arizona St game isn't half bad

It's been loving awful but it's close, I guess. I hate Syracuse so much

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Poor crying ASU kid.

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

MourningView posted:

It's been loving awful but it's close, I guess.

That's basically the story of our conference season. A bunch of nail biting almosts.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

FreakyMetalKid posted:

ASU had the best non-conference results in the country, beating Xavier on a neutral court and Kansas at Kansas. They had a poo poo Pac 12 season and I wouldn't have been upset if they were left out, but "How did ASU get in?" is not a mystery.

I don't know what changed in conference play, but this isn't even close to that non-conf team.

Like, I agree that they were amazing to watch early in the season, but they just aren't the same.

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

FartingBedpost posted:

I don't know what changed in conference play, but this isn't even close to that non-conf team.

Those half court shots were going in at an unsustainable high percentage in non-conference play. They also got friendlier whistles on drives to the hoop.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Doesn't Jim Boeheim have to be like 90 by now, how is that dumb rear end in a top hat still alive much less coaching

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MourningView posted:

Doesn't Jim Boeheim have to be like 90 by now, how is that dumb rear end in a top hat still alive much less coaching

He cheats death like he cheats at everything else.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Middle Tennessee beat Michigan State as a 15 seed two years ago and it was hilarious. That should've bought them at least another 10 trips to the tournament :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Huff this, Jim Boeheim

• Locked thread