Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Catching Trouble and Here Comes the Circus are probably my top 2, although Mr. B Natural and the Gumby short are both close contenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
"That really squares my breasts" and the bots getting upset about the robot head over the door at the end both crack me up.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
ROBOT RUMP

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Y'all got me googling for the most obscure reference, and apparently, in Gamera Vs. Guiron there's a joke about Mike Nelson's girlfriend leaving him and stealing his keyboard on her way out, a joke that only friends of Mike Nelson would get.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm rather fond of "Young Man's Fancy" a short that has an extremely vague premise, other than a teenage girl getting all horn-o for a dweeb.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

PostNouveau posted:

Y'all got me googling for the most obscure reference, and apparently, in Gamera Vs. Guiron there's a joke about Mike Nelson's girlfriend leaving him and stealing his keyboard on her way out, a joke that only friends of Mike Nelson would get.

Ah, the 2.53782789e-9 Percent Joke

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm torn between the weird opera where the tuxedo guy takes the dreaming woman on an extended commercial and A Case of Spring Fever. The latter just loving kills me when they do the Looney Tunes song and the It's a Wonderful Life joke but the former is just mesmerizing to watch, it's impossible to pull your eyes away from the bizarre dystopia we used to live in.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Young Man's Fancy gets funnier when you realize that Alexander Phipps was played by the same lad who gave dating advice in What to Do on a Date.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

They did it so that he would forever be humiliated upon being asked about it endlessly for the rest of his life.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

PostNouveau posted:

Wasnt there a riff or two that were intended to be references that they got wrong and thus were like literally impossible to get? i wanna say something about a soap commercial maybe?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
There was a Grape Nuts commercial in which someone thought the mom was the daughter (who, for some reason, was called "Dale") because she was so skinny (from pooping her guts out eating Grape Nuts, presumably), which the writers thought was an Ivory Soap commerical, the implication being that the mom's hands were so smooth that they were confused with her daughter's.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Never aired on TV but Assignment Venezuela is a stone cold classic.

BAG-O IN CAR-O!

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

I'm torn between the weird opera where the tuxedo guy takes the dreaming woman on an extended commercial

Design for Dreaming! That's one of my personal favorites, to be sure.

"Look, dead raccoon of tomorrow!"

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Magic Hate Ball posted:

"That really squares my breasts" and the bots getting upset about the robot head over the door at the end both crack me up.

lol , where the robot chucks a wrench right threw Gumby’s dad

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

I'm torn between the weird opera where the tuxedo guy takes the dreaming woman on an extended commercial and A Case of Spring Fever. The latter just loving kills me when they do the Looney Tunes song and the It's a Wonderful Life joke but the former is just mesmerizing to watch, it's impossible to pull your eyes away from the bizarre dystopia we used to live in.

You're gonna need more adjectives to differentiate it from the one we're living in now.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
For me it's either the Union Pacific shorts, or the "Satan corrupting bread deliverymen" short.

:ohdear: "Father, I'm having a crisis of faith. What should I do?"
:catholic: "Get safety goggles, my son."

:toughguy: "Now I just t'row da bread on da floor!"

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes you gotta rough 'em up a little - bust their chops.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nothing really tops A Date With Your Family for me.

A teacher showed the un-riffed version back in high school; everyone loved the "like they're really glad to see him" part.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

You're gonna need more adjectives to differentiate it from the one we're living in now.

Just imagine the MST3K decades from now that assesses our grade school propaganda films, in which my son will no doubt be the new host, after I train him to riff like a pro.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Sydney Bottocks posted:

For me it's either the Union Pacific shorts, or the "Satan corrupting bread deliverymen" short.

:ohdear: "Father, I'm having a crisis of faith. What should I do?"
:catholic: "Get safety goggles, my son."

Days of Our Years has "I'm watching you feel good," my very favorite MST joke.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Which short had the riff "gouge your part into your skull!"?

When it originally aired, I've have never seen my father laugh harder. Still haven't. I know it's one of the black and white fifties manners films, but I always pick a different one.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

OK, it's actually tied for second with Alphabet Antics. A Case of Spring Fever is tied with Catching Trouble for third.

ringu0 posted:

What's the best one? The Chicken Of Tomorrow? Catching Trouble?

Edward Mass posted:

I’d say “A Date With Your Family”.

KNEW YOUR FATHER I DID

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Which short had the riff "gouge your part into your skull!"?

When it originally aired, I've have never seen my father laugh harder. Still haven't. I know it's one of the black and white fifties manners films, but I always pick a different one.

"Now you're ready to rub out Sonny Corleone!" :v:

I believe that was the same "public speaking" short that also had "make the knee test" in it.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Speech: Platform Posture and Appearance - handy link here:

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/?p=2801

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The Home Economics Story is gold. It's just an endless chain of good jokes.

"What are you gonna take?"
"I'm gonna take Bob for everything he's got!"

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Personally I think Chicken of Tomorrow is the best short, as cliche as that is to say, it just has so many good gags, plus the underlying short is actually kinda interesting in it's own right

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

drrockso20 posted:

Personally I think Chicken of Tomorrow is the best short, as cliche as that is to say, it just has so many good gags, plus the underlying short is actually kinda interesting in it's own right

I ran across MST3K when I was like 8 years old, and it was "Chicken of Tomorrow" that I first saw. So, yeah, it sold me on the show instantly.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

drrockso20 posted:

Lick your eggs or have a friend lick them.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Hail the Truck Farmer!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
New old episodes on Netflix

Time of the apes
Fugitive alien
The robot vs the Aztec mummy
Devil fish
First spaceship on Venus
Gorgo
Racket girls
The girl in lover's lane
The touch of satan
City limits
Beginning of the end
The girl in gold boots

They also kept

Manos
Catalina caper
Eegah
Hercules against the moon men
Space mutiny
Future war
Horrors of spider island
Jack Frost

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I think most of those were already available on Hulu, unless the lineup there changed too.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Dixville posted:

The touch of satan

♫ this song ♫
♫ is in ♫
♫ the public ♫
♫ domain ♫
♫ that's why ♫
♫ we used ♫
♫ it twice ♫

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Artsygrrl posted:

Speech: Platform Posture and Appearance - handy link here:

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/?p=2801

That might be why I forget: everything even remotely related to Red Zone Cuba immediately gets wiped from my mind.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

drrockso20 posted:

That's just what you think, big boy.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Magic Hate Ball posted:

♫ this song ♫
♫ is in ♫
♫ the public ♫
♫ domain ♫
♫ that's why ♫
♫ we used ♫
♫ it twice ♫

Yer hittin’ the booze again!

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

John Murdoch posted:

That was weird!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

John Murdoch posted:

Senior Woodchuck posted:

That was weird!

This exchange is the most quoted MST3K thing at my home.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

Hmm, ya think I can wear these pants out tonight? :barf:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
So many shorts slay me, but I love the one with Ben Franklin teaching the little boy about saving money and planning a budget.

I like to say, at every opportunity, '[Ben Franklin] was the best President we ever had!'

[Lame humour helped by living in Britain. Lame humour may not be available in your area]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Gavok posted:

This exchange is the most quoted MST3K thing at my home.

Chickens!