Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Man, I really enjoyed those last few minutes.

Also I wanted neither of these to lose :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"He fights from the heart, I fight from an underlying hatred of the British Conservative Party."

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Oh man! I'm sad and happy at the same time

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Thought that match was tremendous. ZSJ is so drat smooth, the transition to the triangle armbar from the freaking moonsault was beautiful.

Sanada ZSJ should be really cool.

"I fight with my brain. And an underlying hatred of the British Conservative Party." Oh Zack I love you.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Jerusalem posted:

"He fights from the heart, I fight from an underlying hatred of the British Conservative Party."

The Absolute Boy ZSJ

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

A good match, and my first time waking up early enough to watch it live

As much as I wanted Ibushi to win, ZSJ is kinda fuckin cool. Also handsome, albeit not Ibushi level handsome. :allears:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

:lol: What a dork.

Great wrestler though, just sounds like Morrissey.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Mar 15, 2018

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

"Speaking of horses, JAPAN NEEDS TO STOP BLOODY EATING THEM"

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Now he really sounds like Morrissey. :lol:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Thread title right there.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

zack sabre jr over sanada is gonna be Very cool

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
ZSJ is unstoppable right now. You can't attack him. He'll just turn your attack into a submission. HOW CAN HE TURN EVERYTHING INTO A SUBMISSION?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Now he really sounds like Morrissey. :lol:

Not unless he starts being really racist and islamophobic tbh

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spuckuk posted:

Not unless he starts being really racist and islamophobic tbh

Well what was the name of the move he beat Naito with?

But yes the actual bar for Morrissey is rather high.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

...across the channel, some Dutch people look up and ask "do what now?".

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/MikeKillam/status/974255153204355072

how can one man be so great?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

from yesterday: https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/974177679724417024?s=20

I am kinda saddened by the lack of balcony moonsaults in their match

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Just started watching the matches and SANADA vs YTR is extremely not what I was expecting from Cold loving Skull. I'm loving this

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The post-match alone deserves a HM. Hell yeah SANADA is the best

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Well what was the name of the move he beat Naito with?

But yes the actual bar for Morrissey is rather high.

Orienteering with Napalm Death?

That win over Ibushi was the first ref stoppage I've seen in forever, really sells him as a killer.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Knife Pervert had been doing ref stoppages due to elbows on the last tour and ZSJ got one back in the G1 in his match with Ishii (Ishii was clearly unable to escape from Sabre's hold in that case)

Oh, and Tanahashi lost the IC title on a stoppage. (He didn't tap or verbally submit, per se, Red Shoes stopped it)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 15, 2018

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

That was a hell of a match. ZSJ had an answer for everything Ibushi tried to throw at him.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Knife Pervert had been doing ref stoppages due to elbows on the last tour and ZSJ got one back in the G1 in his match with Ishii (Ishii was clearly unable to escape from Sabre's hold in that case)

Oh, and Tanahashi lost the IC title on a stoppage. (He didn't tap or verbally submit, per se, Red Shoes stopped it)

ZSJ had one during Wrestle Kingdom, too, he choked out Ray Rowe during the trios gauntlet.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Please have my boy ZSJr win so he can go on to wrestle okada and have Jezza come out with him.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Obviously the CWC was far from his greatest work, but I feel so vindicated in my CWC era ZSJ stanning now that he’s absolutely tearing it up night in and night out

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He really was boring until he joined Suzuki-gun though

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Napalm Death is super left wing so it's not surprising he'd call a move that even if it is a name of Stewart Lee routine

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

St Evan Echoes posted:

He really was boring until he joined Suzuki-gun though

His character work and pacing in the ring has come on a huge amount in Suzuki-gun alright

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

What's up with the Cow Palace rumours?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

What's up with the Cow Palace rumours?

Dave speculated that they may go to the Cow Palace in the summer. No idea if he heard that from somewhere, or if he just said it and now everyone is using his idle musing as an official source (as usual)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Would that not undermine the CEOxNJPW thing they're doing? I have no idea what that's supposed to be yet beyond the guy organising it saying it is in fact a wrestling show. They've been pretty conservative so far, so suddenly running two ~10,000 seater arenas in the USA in a matter of months seems very uncharacteristic even if the risk of one of them is being carried by another party.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Gnossiennes posted:

from yesterday: https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/974177679724417024?s=20

I am kinda saddened by the lack of balcony moonsaults in their match

This is extremely my poo poo. ZSJ for transitional champ to Naito

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It's a shame ZSJ appearances are less frequent than Cody's so the crowd isn't connected to him at all. ZSJ "You Just Tap Out" gimmick doesn't work too well when your opponent's can't literally can't do that imo!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

It's a shame ZSJ appearances are less frequent than Cody's so the crowd isn't connected to him at all. ZSJ "You Just Tap Out" gimmick doesn't work too well when your opponent's can't literally can't do that imo!!

He's had more matches in NJPW than Cody.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

He's had more matches in NJPW than Cody.

Then he's just bad at getting over with the crowds!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spuckuk posted:

Orienteering with Napalm Death?

Yeah, that was it.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Napalm Death is super left wing so it's not surprising he'd call a move that even if it is a name of Stewart Lee routine

Yeah it was more the Orienteering when I first saw it, then I remembered that it was a sport and reread the word and it was not what I initial thought it was coupled with napalm death. Looking up the Stewart lee thing helps explain it.

My bad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
hosed up that ZSJ shot on Ibushi and hosed up him winning the title. Very upset about this.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Stewart Lee’s whole act is a worked shoot when you think about it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Choosing Cody as the yardstick to negatively compare Zack's overness to is odd when Cody is easily the most hated heel in the company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

hosed up that ZSJ shot on Ibushi and hosed up him winning the title. Very upset about this.

that's a shame you're so upset about a real shooter. We should all be worried about Sanada

Baron Corbyn posted:

Choosing Cody as the yardstick to negatively compare Zack's overness to is odd when Cody is easily the most hated heel in the company.

Taichi is the only Suzuki-gun member that should be in the semi-finals imo