Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

can't wait until they reveal my new main, the cat chef from monster hunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Mason Dixon posted:

He should.

More importantly, he should be able to spend all his meter to prevent a ring-out, because he actually got lost while falling off and found his way back onto the stage.

this is the reason he will be there in the first place. he got lost and somehow ended up in soul calibur world, and now hes annoyed enough to fight everyone he meets

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
but will he challenge anyone to gwent?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

fadam posted:

It's badass how the menchies for Bandai Namco's are people mad that he's not 2b, an the menchies for CDPR are people mad that this wasn't an announcement for a remake of the first Witcher game.

IMO he looks pretty cool. I love guest characters in anything. I really want to play The Witcher 3 but I don't want to read all those books first.

gamers are trash, enjoy the fighting witchman

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I had no interest in SC6 before this but now I will be buying it, good job Namco

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

fadam posted:

IMO he looks pretty cool. I love guest characters in anything. I really want to play The Witcher 3 but I don't want to read all those books first.

You don't need to read ANY of the Witcher books, my dude. I didn't. I didn't even play Witcher 1 or 2 before buying 3 when it was on sale and by god if it's not one of the best RPGs I've ever jumped into. That's not hyperbole either.

Don't let the lack of book knowledge or previous game knowledge stop you from playing Witcher 3.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I have to know all the lore, it's a problem with my brain.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

fadam posted:

I have to know all the lore, it's a problem with my brain.

He's a sex machine to all the chicks, would risk his neck for his brother, and he won't cop out when there's danger about. A real complicated man, and no one understands him except his women. There you're all caught up.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

But who is the black haired chick in the intro scene?

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010
The game does a good job of explaining the relationships as you go. You'll also have a character log you can refer to for additional backstory.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I don't know SC characters. Which ones are the sexy sorceresses he's going to be in a love triangle/polygon with? Asking for a friend.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Voldo and Lizardman.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
Zasalamel also counts.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

CRISPYBABY posted:

I don't know SC characters. Which ones are the sexy sorceresses he's going to be in a love triangle/polygon with? Asking for a friend.

Geralt isn’t that picky in the games, probably nearly all the female cast of SC would be in danger of having their Blavikins butchered.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Jack Trades posted:

Does anyone have a clue how movement works in Soul Calibur 6?
I specifically want to know whether or not korean backdashing is a thing there or not.

there isn't gonna be korean backdashing.

soulcalibur doesn't lock you into movement the same way tekken does. the closest thing to strong movement you may get in 6 is like step guard, which let you sidestep with extra safety.

just don't worry about it until you play it, you can move in any direction, including diagonally at and away from them.

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
What? The whole reason movement works in Tekken is that you're not locked in to anything.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-egGn5WYrk

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

nogic posted:

What? The whole reason movement works in Tekken is that you're not locked in to anything.

you can cancelling the animation for a backdash to backdash again

just play soulcalibur and you will see what i mean

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

soul calibur 6 looking rough

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i didn't see elric drink a single potion in that trailer i'm let down

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Is there anybody who likes GO1 over Sonic tomorrow for any amount of money?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Who even is GO1?

I'm legitimately asking. I've never heard of this person before this event.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Chaotic Flame posted:

Who even is GO1?

:yikes:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
GO1, known for his Street Fighter V play,

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Burn to cinders, chaotic flame

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Go itchy

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
GO1 is a top player in the only fighting game that matters.

Pokken.

Actually, Melty Blood.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Broken Loose posted:

Is there anybody who likes GO1 over Sonic tomorrow for any amount of money?

Me. Ill bet you 5 golden manbabies he whips sonicfoxes' rear end

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PYF Sonicfox-as-Beerus fan art (in some other thread)

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually crying lmfao

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Why are their two hands when we have that inside of one beautiful person

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I want go1 2 win because sonic fox said the youre already dead thing wrong. Wow

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
In important fighting game news: Street Fighter IV costumes are actually on sale on PSN this week. Mostly notable because DLC almost never goes on sale, and some of the costumes are pretty inspired, so if you still have some affection for the dead-ish game on Sony's platforms now's the time. The three big packs are 6 bucks each, down from 20.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

if you buy the ps4 port you get all costumes

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Chaotic Flame posted:

Who even is GO1?

He's a multiple time Evo champ in mostly anime games. Been around for ages as well, extremely sick player.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Svc match of the millennium is so loving sick
Im in awe this is on a handheld from the 90s

It has more content than any fighter ive ever played.

1v1,2v2 tag, 3v3 kof style, 6 minigames to unlock secret moves, dozens of characters etc

Also gief on this thumb stick is a beast.

If you have like 60-80 bucks lying around get an old beat up ngpc and this game pronto.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Some of us bought the NGPC when it was new.

Okay, only me, but it was still totally sweet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Come link play me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
What do y'all think of Fantasy Strike? Have you played it?
It's pretty interesting: a fighting game designed to be super simple and easy to pick up while still maintaining a lot of the high level mindgames and strategy and poo poo from other fighting games.

For example, here's the entire movelist for the game's shoto character:

As someone who is interested in fighting games but also Bad At Videogames, I've never really stuck with a game to get past the "oh god what am i doing I guess I'll push some buttons at random and maybe throw out a special move" phase in other fighters, I really like it. It's fun and interesting to get to the level of "I won that round because I read what the opponent was going to do and countered him", and it has straightforward 2-4 hit combos that you can do yourself after seeing once instead of having to spend an hour in training mode building muscle memory. I can play against people much better than me and still feel like I'm playing the game and I know what's going on, even when they're beating me consistently.
Unfortunately the player base is pretty much nonexistent. There's an online quick match mode, where you will probably run into 1-2 other players who are online at the same time as you and nobody else.