Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Denver Axo
Panorama Regional Government

Remarks given to the Panorama Evening Star

I am humbled and gratified by the positive reception of the PFFE Act, which I helped to draft. Our neighbors have our deepest thanks for joining us in this vision of a peaceful future. The first commitment of our Revolution is to a future free of war and militarism, and to a society that enjoys peace with itself and its neighbors. I hope that soon the Government will honor the Sirtan people's deep desire to reject militarism, and alter the Constitution so that standing armies on Sirta are forever abolished. The future of Sirta cannot include armed forces, with the sole exception of air and orbital defense. It is my deepest hope that not a single one of our grandchildren will ever serve as a soldier as I had to, or be told to kill another human being in the name of a government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Comrade Conrad

Gonna go ahead and buy out all the vacant properties as pertains to the earlier committee meeting. Hope to see an immediate improvement in the quality of life for all Topazites!

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Sudden Development in Truth and Reconciliation (October 3062):

The TRC has been operating since April 3062. In that time, it has processed 6,281 claims against former regime officials, with the vast majority being found valid. Of those, 2,216 were referred to the regular court system and the rest were ended with mandated vast compensatory payments and life-time bars from public office. While some of the claims were against municipal police officers, SDF soldiers and low-level civil-servants, so far no one has accused any high-level officials still involved with government. That is to say, no one has done so until today.

The date is the 24th of October 3062. It is just a bit past 8:30, the hour most public offices, including the TRC, begin their work for the day. It’s in this moment, as an employee of the commission is looking through the new claims received overnight, that another claim arrives.

The claim is jointly submitted by 36 citizens. It outlines, in great detail, a predatory scheme in the late years of Vallstein’s administration where over 2,600 bank accounts were “suspended” without warning over a period of several months because they were deemed to be “involved with criminal financing”. The citizens affected had no possible recourse other than to give up on their money and start over, with many of them ending up living on the streets. The claim alleges that most of these citizens were never involved with any form of organized crime before their accounts were “suspended”. More than that, it alleges that these accounts, far from being suspended, were transferred to fictional owners and used to facilitate the Old Cartel’s financial transactions.

Those accused are a significant number of former high-level officials in the Department of Finance and Central Bank of Sirta, including former Central Bank Deputy Director and current Leader of Opposition Tarquin Black.

Within a couple of hours the SCN experiences a storm of activity not seen since the revolution. It’s as if all of the feelings of anger and frustration at the crime and misery filled life in Sirta that went dormant in the past year and a half spill out all at once, having finally found a suitable target. Calls for Tarquin’s resignation and prompt punishments for all of those named in the claim intermingle with broader sentiments of anger at the “glacial pace” and “poor results” of the justice process against former members of the old regime.

“These accusations are slander!” writes Black in his public statement, “All of my actions as Deputy Director of the Central Bank were aimed at maintaining the stability and prosperity of the Sirtan economy. This particular measure was taken against known criminals. This is nothing more than a rash attempt by supporters of the present government to undermine the only credible opposition. Make no mistake, this is a targeted attack against me and my party! I intend to temporarily step aside from my duties as Leader of Opposition to properly fight these empty accusations.”

“This claim is very serious.” says TRC chair Mila Newell in a rare appearance before the press, “We won’t let anyone escape justice, should it be found valid. Rest assured, if that’s the case, the accused will face far more than some measly fees. Trust me when I say that I will do everything in my power to see that they get their proper justice. I have not fought for years to see criminals like these roam free!”

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
The drafting phase is now over. The voting phase begins now and will last until Monday - the 12th of March - at 12:30 UTC.

Bills under Parliament's consideration:

1. Arms Production Rationalization and Transparency Act, submitted by Minister of Internal Security Radek.
2. Military Appointment Accountability Act (Constitutional Amendment), submitted by Minister of Internal Security Radek.
3. Emergency Budget Restoration Act, submitted by Minister of Internal Security Radek.

Other matters in Parliament:

1. Confirmation Vote for the Prime Minister's appointment of Frederik Hope to the TRC.

Proposals under the consideration of Panorama's People's Assembly:

1. October 3062 Budget, submitted by Citizen Denver Axo.

AFancyQuestionMark fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Mar 11, 2018

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Minister Bookchin - Press conference outside of Parliament

"It certainly is no hidden secret that myself or my party are not the greatest of friends, to put it mildly, with the Opposition Leader. But I am not gladdened by this news. It just goes to show that even with the revolution over a year old, we have plenty of work ahead of us undoing the chaos and crime left in the wake of the tyrants Vallstein and Greene. I am hopeful that these citizens felt confident and secure enough to lodge their accusations with the TRC - to find justice in our legal system. These accusations are serious, but they are still at this point just that - accusations. We must presume the accused innocent until proven guilty. I have trust in the TRC to find justice, and every Sirtan should as well - but it will take some time. Patience is needed here on all parties."

Aye to all.

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 12, 2018

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Aye to all.

I make no comment on the recent allegations until the justice process has had a chance to play out. I have the utmost faith it will.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Denver Axo

Aye to the Panorama October 3062 Budget.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Excerpt from Voices of Panorama, a popular column/informal survey of residents' opinions on national news run by the Panorama Evening Star

Do you believe Tarquin Black is guilty?

E. Morgan, Primary School Teacher: Yeah. If you got rich under Vallstein, you're guilty of something. TRC will sort it out, though. Hope he rots.

D. Axo, Senior Creative Administrator: It will be up to the Commission to determine Black's guilt. I trust the legal process we've made.

V. Berlin, Unemployed: No. This is a politically motivated assault on the Freedom and Stability Party and all hard-working entrepreneurs on Sirta. This Government and its allies have shown a clear, fanatical prejudice against honest businessmen and small business owners. Just here in Panorama alone, I had to settle for a payout on my business. Now where am I supposed to work? A community farm? Tarquin Black is innocent, and they're not going to stop with him unless somebody does something to stop them.

L. Tran, Dam Engineer: I don't know. I mean, probably, I suppose? I don't think the TRC would go after someone if they don't have solid evidence. Does this mean we're going to have new elections?

J. Q. Axo, Community Farmer: Hell yeah. They should strap that guy to the mouth of a cannon and pull the lanyard. Boom! Hahaha!

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
October 3062 Parliament Votes:

The voting phase is over. Remember that, in the narrative, these votes were separate and took place over the duration of the month, rather than all at once.

Proposals under consideration:

1. Arms Production Rationalization and Transparency Act, submitted by Minister of Internal Security Radek.
2. Military Appointment Accountability Act (Constitutional Amendment), submitted by Minister of Internal Security Radek.
3. Emergency Budget Restoration Act, submitted by Minister of Internal Security Radek.
4. Confirmation Vote for the Prime Minister's appointment of Frederik Hope to the TRC.

Party Breakdown:

* SRLF:
## Arms Production Rationalization and Transparency Act – Support 17, Abstain 1, Oppose 0
## Military Appointment Accountability Act (Constitutional Amendment) – Support 17, Abstain 1, Oppose 0
## Emergency Budget Restoration Act – Support 17, Abstain 1, Oppose 0
## Frederik Hope to the TRC – Confirm 17, Abstain 1, Reject 0

* Dawn:
## Arms Production Rationalization and Transparency Act – Support 0, Abstain 9, Oppose 0
## Military Appointment Accountability Act (Constitutional Amendment) – Support 0, Abstain 9, Oppose 0
## Emergency Budget Restoration Act – Support 9, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Frederik Hope to the TRC – Confirm 9, Abstain 0, Reject 0

* UCS:
## Arms Production Rationalization and Transparency Act – Support 0, Abstain 3, Oppose 3
## Military Appointment Accountability Act (Constitutional Amendment) – Support 3, Abstain 3, Oppose 0
## Emergency Budget Restoration Act – Support 3, Abstain 3, Oppose 0
## Frederik Hope to the TRC – Confirm 3, Abstain 3, Reject 0

* FDG:
## Arms Production Rationalization and Transparency Act – Support 0, Abstain 0, Oppose 6
## Military Appointment Accountability Act (Constitutional Amendment) – Support 0, Abstain 6, Oppose 0
## Emergency Budget Restoration Act – Support 6, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Frederik Hope to the TRC – Confirm 6, Abstain 0, Reject 0

* DAL:
## Arms Production Rationalization and Transparency Act – Support 6, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Military Appointment Accountability Act (Constitutional Amendment) – Support 6, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Emergency Budget Restoration Act – Support 0, Abstain 6, Oppose 0
## Frederik Hope to the TRC – Confirm 6, Abstain 0, Reject 0

* FSP:
## Arms Production Rationalization and Transparency Act – Support 0, Abstain 0, Oppose 3
## Military Appointment Accountability Act (Constitutional Amendment) – Support 0, Abstain 0, Oppose 3
## Emergency Budget Restoration Act – Support 0, Abstain 0, Oppose 3
## Frederik Hope to the TRC – Confirm 0, Abstain 0, Reject 3

* Unity Coalition:
## Arms Production Rationalization and Transparency Act – Support 0, Abstain 3, Oppose 0
## Military Appointment Accountability Act (Constitutional Amendment) – Support 0, Abstain 3, Oppose 0
## Emergency Budget Restoration Act – Support 3, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Frederik Hope to the TRC – Confirm 3, Abstain 0, Reject 0

* KNK:
## Arms Production Rationalization and Transparency Act – Support 0, Abstain 3, Oppose 0
## Military Appointment Accountability Act (Constitutional Amendment) – Support 0, Abstain 3, Oppose 0
## Emergency Budget Restoration Act – Support 0, Abstain 3, Oppose 0
## Frederik Hope to the TRC – Confirm 0, Abstain 3, Reject 0

* The Community:

* VM:

Guardian Council Appointments:

* Vera Albright:
## Arms Production Rationalization and Transparency Act – Abstain
## Military Appointment Accountability Act (Constitutional Amendment) – Abstain
## Emergency Budget Restoration Act – Support
## Frederik Hope to the TRC – Confirm

* Thomas Gill:
## Military Appointment Accountability Act (Constitutional Amendment) – Support

* Frank Probst:
## Arms Production Rationalization and Transparency Act – Oppose

* Lucia Caldera:

* Sander Hansen:
## Arms Production Rationalization and Transparency Act – Support
## Emergency Budget Restoration Act – Abstain

* Lisa Wyatt:

* William Viner:
## Military Appointment Accountability Act (Constitutional Amendment) – Oppose
## Frederik Hope to the TRC – Abstain

* Roger Rockwell:

* Janet Oliphant:

* Silvia Collins:

* Rachel Hoffman:
## Arms Production Rationalization and Transparency Act – Support

* Paul Thiede:

* Della Jalbert:

* Sofia Juhl:

* Jade Ross:

Citizen Seats:

* Rutherford T. Vanderbush:

* Jessica Ramsey:

* Susanne Brandt:

* Autumn Black:

* Grace Wright:

Overall:

## Arms Production Rationalization and Transparency Act – Support 25, Abstain 35, Oppose 20
## Military Appointment Accountability Act (Constitutional Amendment) – Support 34, Abstain 42, Oppose 4
## Emergency Budget Restoration Act – Support 51, Abstain 26, Oppose 3
## Frederik Hope to the TRC – Confirm 57, Abstain 20, Reject 3

Outcome:

The following bills were passed into law:

* Arms Production Rationalization and Transparency Act
* Emergency Budget Restoration Act

Frederick Hope’s appointment to the TRC was confirmed.

October 3062 People’s Assemblies Votes:

In narrative, all listed votes represent not only the individual character’s vote but the votes of a segment of the population that voted similarly.

Panorama:

Proposals:

1. October 3062 Budget, submitted by Citizen Denver Axo.

Votes:

* Citizen Denver Axo:
## October 3062 Budget – Support

Total:

## October 3062 Budget – Support 1, Abstain 0, Oppose 0

Accepted Proposals:

* October 3062 Budget

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
The November 3062 drafting phase begins now and will last until Thursday - the 15th of March - at 12:30 UTC.

Expected Government Income and Expenses for November 3062:

All amounts listed are in millions of New Sirtan Credits.

Items that are one-time only (aren’t recurring on a monthly basis) are marked with square brackets.

Income Breakdown: Entries are listed in the “income source – income amount – algorithmically estimated loss from tax evasion and other relevant forms of crime” format.

Meaning that, in a crime free world, you would have both of them combined.

* Income tax, bottom bracket – 77 (+0) – 23 (+1)

* Income tax, lower middle bracket – 91 (+1) – 20 (+1)

* Income tax, upper middle bracket – 105 (+2) – 10 (+2)

* Income tax, top bracket – 164 (+5) – at least 128 (+4)

* Sales tax – 70 (+2) – 27 (+2)

* Personal Vehicle Tax – 13 (+0) – 12 (+0)

* Legal Addictive Substances Tax – 0.4 (+0) – 3.8 (+0)

* Corporate Tax – 112 (+0) – too many factors for remotely accurate estimation, but at least 50 (+0)

* Foreign Aid – 20 (+2) – 1.5 (+0)

* Trade Tariffs – 20 (+1) – 10.6 (+0)

* [Outstanding Tax Payments – 3 (-2) – at least 80, likely much more]

* [Government Bond Purchases – 2 – 0]

* Other Sources – 2 – 1.2

Overall Income: 679.4 (+15)

Expenses:

* Prime Minister’s Office – 6

* Ministry of Justice – 81.53 (12% of income)

* Ministry of Defence – 54.35 (8% of income)

* Ministry of Internal Security – 91.72 (13.5% of income)

* Ministry of Foreign Affairs – 22.08 (3.25% of income)

* Ministry of Interior – 39.06 (5.75% of income)

* Ministry of Finance – 66.24 (9.75% of income)

* Ministry of Education – 73.04 (10.75% of income)

* Ministry of Infrastructure – 95.12 (14% of income)

* Ministry of Health – 74.73 (11% of income)

* Sirtan Survey Administration – 6.79 (1% of income)

* Sirtan Culture Administration – 3.40 (0.5% of income)

* Office of the Attorney General – 4

* Sirtan Budgetary Office – 1.2

* Regular Court System – 17

* Truth and Reconciliation Commission - 4

* Parliament – 10

* Guardian Council – 8

* Government Bond Payments – 5

* Other Expenses – 2

* Emergency Fund – 14.14 (total – 24.78)

Overall Expenses: 679.4

Remaining: 0

Expected Local Government Income and Expenses for November 3062:

All amounts listed are in millions of New Sirtan Credits.

Items that are one-time only (aren’t recurring on a monthly basis) are marked with square brackets.

Sard:

Income Breakdown:

* Property Tax – 5.5 (+0) – 4 (+0)

* Business Tax – 4.3 (-0.3) – at least 5 (+0)

* Income Tax – 3 (-0.3) – at least 4.5

* Estate Tax – 3 (+0) – at least 5 (+0)

* Asset Transfer Tax – 3 (-0.5) – 7 (+0)

* [Remaining from last month – 7.7 - 0]

Overall Income: 26.5 (-25.4)

Expenses:

* Advisory Committee – 3 (+0)

* Sard Executive Council – 2.5 (+0)

* Office of the Sard Attorney – 0.5 (+0)

* Professional Advisory Council – 2.7 (+0)

* Sun Rises on Sard Program – 3.5 (+0)

* Blighted Properties Rehabilitation – 13 (-19)

Overall Expenses: 25.2 (-19)

Remaining: 1.3 (-6.4)

Topaz:

Income Breakdown:

* Property Tax (5%) – 34 (+12) – 5 (-11)

* Business Tax (2.5%) – 56 (+14) – at least 14 (-8)

* [Outstanding Tax Payments – 24 – at least 30]

* [Remaining from last month – 109.9 – 0]

Overall Income: 223.9 (+20.8)

Expenses:

* Mayor’s Office – 1.5 (+0)

* City Council – 3.5 (+0)

* Bedrock of Topaz Program – 2.2 (+0)

* Unemployment Allowance – 56.5 (-1.5)

* Auditing Department – 4 (+0)

* Education Stipend – 22.5 (+0.5)

* Sanitation Department – 2 (+0)

* [Appropriation of Vacant Properties – 24.7]

Overall Expenses: 116.9 (-23.7)

Remaining: 107(-2.9)

Panorama:

Income Breakdown:

* Profits from Appropriated Business – 6 (+1) – 0.17 (+0)

* [Remaining from last month – 0.165 - 0]

Overall Income: 6.165 (+1)

Expenses:

* Advisory Committee - 0.5 (+0)

* Residential Power – 0.065 (+0)

Overall Expenses: 0.565 (+0)

Remaining: 5.6 (+1.06)

AFancyQuestionMark fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 12, 2018

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Denver Axo

Proposals for People's Assembly

1. November 3062 Budget Proposal

Income

Income Breakdown:

* Profits from Appropriated Business – 6 (+1) – 0.17 (+0)

* [Remaining from last month – 0.165 - 0]

Overall Income: 6.165 (+1)

Expenses:

* Advisory Committee - 0.5 (+0)

* Residential Power – 0.065 (+0)

Overall Expenses: 0.565 (+0)

Remaining: 5.6 (+1.06)

Expenditures

Miscellaneous

PARI Funding: 475,000 NSC

Housing for the Executive Transition Team planning the future Ministry of Agriculture: 25,000 NSC

Food Distribution Network: 600,000 NSC

Compensatory Payments

Company Shares, general: 750,000 NSC (against the remaining 750k balance)

Non-Vital Real Estate, general: 3,650,000 NSC (against the 33.62m balance)

Remainder: 100,000 NSC

Comrades, I am pleased to announce that this month, we are expanding PARI funding to include a full undergraduate program for the Panorama Agricultural Research Institute, free of charge for those attending. We will have 1,000 slots open for this program, with priority being given to Panorama residents. We should all be proud of the fact that in less than a year since we switched over to our new system, we have not only attracted world-class scholars and built a laboratory for them to conduct cutting-edge research into a growing field, but we can now offer all of Panorama's children a quality higher education.

Second, I am also very pleased to announce the beginning of funding for a new Panorama Food Distribution Network. Each resident will now have access to centers where they can receive, in bulk, daily allotments of cereals and basic staples equaling 2500 calories per person per day. This food will come from our local agricultural cooperative businesses, and the PRG will be paying full price to growers. Starvation, which took so much from us, will now be permanently condemned to the past.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Comrade Radek
Minister of Security and Defense

I applaud Comrade Axo for his continued efforts to advance the wellbeing of his people, and send my most fervent best wishes for his success.

What I cannot applaud is the belief among many in this chamber that a military that is allowed to create its own leadership structure without the barest hint of oversight by the legitimate civilian government is somehow a worthy or desirable state of affairs. Should the Parliament at large have differing beliefs about the role of the military and the level of accountability we should be holding it to, I heartily invite them to engage on the matter. Bring forth their own bills! Bring amendments, raise their voice in debate and discussion as per the responsibilities entrusted unto them by the voters, rather than raise opposition only as the votes are being tallied.

I will make no apologies for my views or words, but will continue to extend the hand of amity to any willing to work on this most critical and pressing issue. A military preparing to fight its own people while spurning any external direction should alarm any paying attention.

------------------

To: Commissioner, NFP

You are hereby directed to begin an investigation of the recent allegations against Tarqin Black et al to whatever degree necessary in support of the TRC.

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 13, 2018

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Comrade Bookchin
People's Assembly of Sard

I would like to introduce the To Build a Home Act:

"To Build a Home Act posted:

The Sard Executive Council is to oversee the housing needs of Sard citizens and families that are homeless. They are given the authority to place those without proper and adequate housing into SMG owned residential properties that are rehabilitated.

I also would like to introduce the Building a Better Future Act

Building a Better Future Act posted:

With Sard rehabilitating blighted factories, the Professional Advisory council and Sard Advisory Committee are tasked with determining what those factories and commercial buildings to be producing. Once the costs for each buildings operations are determined, the SMG will direct funding to operate them, with management of each facility to be determined democratically by the workers.

The immediate goal is to begin producing commodities severely lacking among Sard citizens to be distributed equitably. Any profits from selling excess goods are to be deposited into the Sard Municipal Fund.

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 13, 2018

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Major Crimes in Fringe Politics (November 3062):

The date is the 2nd of November 3062. The storm unleashed by last week’s “Bank Claim” is still in full force, and the TRC’s SCN channel sees a record high of viewers tuning in, as the validity of the claim is repeatedly reinforced by witness statements and financial records. Seemingly, the only thing left to determine is the extent of the involvement of those accused with the scheme. The SCN is filled with genuine anger at this reminder that some of the most corrupt members of the old regime faced no punishments for their actions and even, as in the alleged case of Tarquin Black, achieved major positions in Parliament. This is what’s on the public’s mind as the curtain rises on this seemingly ordinary stormy day.

At 9:15, the plain office building housing the KNK party headquarters in Opal is surrounded by several NFP Enforcement units. One by one, 16 party officials are led out of the door and into the waiting vehicles, which drive off into the distance. About an hour later, the NFP releases an official statement that new information obtained by the Organized Crime Taskforce indicates that KNK party activities and events were used as a front for money laundering by known criminal elements. Later that day, the arrested officials are charged with fraud, obstruction of justice and criminal conspiracy. KNK leadership has yet to comment on this development.

At 16:30, several corporate executives close to John Selene, renowned original software developer, tech CEO and current MP, were placed under house arrest and charged with identity theft, severe breach of privacy and criminal conspiracy. Anonymous sources in the NFP’s SCN Security Taskforce have informed the press that there is serious evidence suggesting detailed personal data on over 345,000 individual citizens collected by Selene’s apps is being sold to the highest bidders through the Special Exchange.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
OOC: Won't be back home until tomorrow. Here's something for the meantime.

I direct the relevant taskforces to comply and fully assist all requests from the TRC for investigation and enforcement related to their vital work. In addition, I am ordering government guard detachments to protect the residence and person of MP Black and any other MP charged or accused of a crime in order to guarantee due process and compliance with TRC and court orders.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Minister Bookchin

I would wish to nominate Elodie Deschamps to the position of Director of the Sirtan Survey Administration.

"Elodie's relevant experience" posted:

Elodie Deschamps , 51, formerly a radical independent scholar & ecologist , exiled to Hesperides under Greene administration after accusations of providing aid to CLF, returned after revolution

I would also like to propose an Amendment to the budget that funds the EYIP fully per the assessment by the SBO.

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 13, 2018

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Prime Minister Luxemburg

I nominate the following to the ETT:

Sjef Peeters, 57, Ross Ashby Professor of Complex Systems at Sirta University, an influential advocate of central planning and famous figure among the intellectual wing of the former Resistance;

Alex Rodriguez, 42, former star professional athlete and current activist for rural community health based out of Nielsen’s Hill;

Nourredine Saqqaf, 48, SRLF MP and Deputy Minister of Infrastructure,

Tao Chu, 29, SRLF MP and former agricultural statistician,

Anh Nguyen, 33, Professor of Agronomy at PARI

Avery Langdon, 38, Lead Development & Grants Officer at Sard Municipal Bank

Akachi Okafor, 66, Panorama Regional Government Advisory Committee Member and recognized expert in rural development

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Unscheduled Speech (November 3062):

The date is the 4th of November 3062. At 9:00, Councilor Aurora makes an unscheduled speech before Parliament.

“My friends, Ministers and Members of Parliament, I know everyone in this hall today has worked hard to improve the state of our country for the last half year. Your efforts didn’t go unnoticed. Despite any number of disagreements on the finer aspects of policy, there is no denying the many improvements this coalition has made to the lives of ordinary citizens.

Unfortunately, the recent details that came to light regarding several parties in opposition have cast their ability to adequately represent their voters into doubt. I have no intention of carrying out the role of judge in their cases, but we can all agree that the people have lost their faith in them. If I am mistaken, I will soon be proven wrong by the people themselves!

Just a couple of hours ago, the Guardian Council has unanimously voted to dissolve Parliament. The present government will keep operating in the capacity of care-taker until a new government is formed after the election, which will be held on the 2nd of December. I ask all of you to not worry and try your best in the following month to remind the people of your accomplishments and the future road ahead of us. I trust they will remember.”

Parliament is hereby dissolved. No other Parliament bills may be submitted in this drafting phase. The bills submitted thus far will be voted on in the voting phase, as usual. Of course, local government is entirely unaffected

The election will be held on Friday – the 16th of March – at 12:30 UTC. To participate, either register a new party or, for existing party leaders, present your updated list for this election. Remember that MPs can’t hold elected positions in local government under the old representative democracy model. Any existing party that doesn’t present an updated list before the deadline (even if it is exactly the same as before) will be removed. You may also update your platform.

AFancyQuestionMark fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 13, 2018

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Soon after the elections are announced, the SRLF's SCN channel posts their updated manifesto.

Platform:
- Tax reform, particularly reducing the tax burden on lower income brackets and instituting a federal-level wealth tax
- Continuation of justice efforts, especially following through on recent revelations about former government members. Regime-era criminals are just expected, but those supposedly representing the Sirtan people today must be held to the highest standards.
- Continuing the campaign against organized crime and corruption
- Continuing to promote democratic rule, both politically along the People's Assembly model and economic workplace democracy
- Nationalization of major industries to ensure that capital best serves the interests of the Sirtan people
- A commitment to sustainable development and socialist ecology.
- Long-term, an ambitious plan to introduce large-scale industrial automation and promote research into artificial intelligence/further automation technologies

Leader: Crazycryodude (Luxemburg)

List: HiHo ChiRho (Bookchin), Sniper4625 (Radek), paragon1 (Michael St-Just), HattieMasters (Hope)

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 16, 2018

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Comrade Radek

To: Minister of Infrastructure
Re: Requests for New Equipment for MIS Forces

To best approach the threat of the entrenched criminal elements, which in many areas have been allowed to reach the power of standing armies, we will require new equipment of all kinds.

Small Arms, All Kinds
Body Armor, All Kinds
Anti-Armor Armaments, All Kinds
Nightvision and Advanced Optics, All Kinds
Armored Vehicles, All Kinds

This materiel is to be delivered to relevant units of the Ministry of Internal Security, specifically the NFP and targeted elements of the NSP and MU, posthaste in preparation for upcoming planned offensives.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Herr Tog posted:

Hello World. I would like to party. Would you?

edit:
Please, excuse the intrusion and regard us kindly.

Sensτ no nai Sekai Party(SnnSP)

Color: Flat blue

Platform: The home grown party from Peridot that wishes to see the depression and devastation of the War and Regimes removed and ensure that the planet never sees War again.
To achieve these goals Law must rule and must be used to remove the root causes of the planets ailments and that which leads to war.
First on the agenda is a Bill of Rights ensuring that every citizen is protected and may lawfully engage in activities to better themselves, their communities, and the planet as a whole. This is non-negotiable.
Second is ensuring sustainable funding to provide avenues for citizens to pursue life, liberty, and growth.
Third is to unilaterally address that which leads to war and combat it and deal lawfully with those who profit from War.
Fourth is to never stop protecting and promoting the rights of citizens across the planet by any means necessary.
Acknowledging the benefits of being a citizen to come regretfully there must be a way of ensuring social programs and communities are not abused. Also that resources are used efficiently to this end there must be rules on how to become a citizen. It is possible that a conversation on the matter of if one could lose their citizenship and how must occur.
We must protect the ecology of the planet first and then profit from it via tourism and science.
We support finding the “regime enablers” and dealing with them with "[n]othing other than justice, prompt[ly]…"
We do not yet trust the rest of the galaxy not to drag us into conflict.
We must help the poor so that they are not poor and we must not help the rich get richer.

Leader: Lorenzo Shimizu
From a small lower middle class family in Peridot who own a Bed & Breakfast roughly 11 miles from the lake area proper. Lorenzo was encouraged to enter civil service due to his family perceiving it as stable work and the pressure of being an only son. He completed University and obtained an entry level position with the local government shortly afterwards. Within 18 months he was able to move vertically but was later replaced by one of the ‘tribe’ and was fired. After a brief adventure with alcoholism he returned to school to learn how to work on the planetary rail system. After completing his course work and obtaining an internship of sorts funding famously dried up. He has been unemployed ever since. He spent his time before the revolution growing vegetables for his family’s Bed & Breakfast. Ever since the revolution he has been trying to break into politics at any level and now has a party in which to be put in front of.

Second: Robert Bernquest (NPC)
A man of no formal education who has worked every odd job known in Peridot, including assistant gardener with Lorenzo, while adamantly sticking to his personal code. That code? gently caress the rich, love thy neighbor, suffer not the toady bootlicker, leave folx alone, trust no robot, and fight only as last resort. In following this code he has lost several jobs and friends for calling AMRs ‘robots’ and not folx. Additionally when fighting seemed to be the last resort he joined his local militia. He has seen many die or maimed and does not speak of it frequently. Once no longer needed, and with the urging of Lorenzo, he left his militia, declined membership in the CLF, DAL, SRLF, and The Community. He instead joined Lorenzo in trying to establish Sekai and getting them both elected. Regretfully has a poor sense of humor and continues to call The Community “commies,” Lenore Hughes ‘Diva’ and AMR’s supporters ‘Bot lickers.’ He is not involved in speech writing.

Youth leader & Third: Franz Pescador (NPC)
A young man who join his local militia later in the revolution when school didn't work out and stayed in Peridot. Since the success of the revolution he has removed himself from the militia and instead returned to school for environmental studies while tutoring a group of youths, orphaned or not. Upon a recent graduation has joined Sekai to help protect the youth, the environment and the future.

List: Lorenzo Shimizu, Robert Bernquest, and Franz Pescador

Type: Ideological

Updated.

In a brief interview before announcement to run for office in front of many members of the Press while in Peridot

Lorenzo: In regards to the trial of Tarquin Black? I have no reason to believe justice will not be served and I have no reason to think it will not happen swiftly. The SRLF and the minister of Justice have my confidence in this regard.

Robert: Oh the Guardian council dissolving Parliament? Great decision! Makes me really believe the Council should be there and that this is a healthy democracy.

Franz: No matter who you vote for; Vote. If you have difficulty voting let Sekai know.

Sensτ no nai Sekai Party(SnnSP) will hereby be running Shimizu as MP at the national Parliamentary level while Burnquest and Pescador will run for Peridot City council.

Herr Tog fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 14, 2018

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Comrade Radek

To: NFP Senior Staff

My congratulations on your efforts of the recent past, and may they continue to accumulate. I'm sure it goes without saying, but please be sure to take full advantage of OSCAR in this process, especially when it comes to the forfeiture of capital assets.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
The drafting phase is now over. The (legislative) voting phase begins now and will last until Friday - the 16th of March - at 11:00 UTC.

Bills under Parliament's consideration:

1. EYIP Budget Amendment, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin.

Other matters in Parliament:

1. Confirmation Vote for the Minister of Education's appointment of Elodie Deschamps as Sirtan Survey Administration Director.

Proposals under the consideration of Sard's People's Assembly:

1. To Build a Home Act, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin.
2. Building a Better Future Act, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin.

Proposals under the consideration of Panorama's People's Assembly:

1. November 3062 Budget, submitted by Citizen Denver Axo.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Aye to all.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Emergency Youth Intervention Program Outline (November 3062):

Per the decision of the board, minors enrolled in the program will be split among three rural settlements: Nielsen’s Hill, Feldspar and Panorama. Once there they will be offered the choice of living in a common space rented by the program, under the watch of EYIP staff or moving in with a volunteer local family who will look after them. They will attend a local schools and study alongside local children their age.

For the time being, EYIP staff will primarily consist of former CLF members, juvenile prison psychologists and school councilors. Hiring criteria will heavily weigh past experiences of overcoming drug addiction and familiarity with gangs.

Initial preparations should be completed by the end of the month.

Board Meeting Transcript:

First meeting transcript of the Emergency Youth Intervention Board. The date is the 3rd of November 3062. Those present are Felix Meier, Frederik Hope, Oscar Rivkin, Laurie Stanton and Diane Roe.

Oscar: Before we begin we should probably elect a Chair to manage meetings and break ties. Any suggestions?

Frederick: I would put forward Ms. Stanton. As a licensed social worker, she might have insight as to the kinds of issues that we will be overseeing that the rest of us might not be aware of.

Laurie: Funny, I was just about to suggest Miss Roe due to her vast experience of working with vulnerable young people on an organizational scale.

Laurie: What do you think, Miss Roe?

Diane: I can fill the role if it's necessary. I am just eager to get down to business.

Oscar: Any objections?

Frederick: None here.

Diane: Then I guess I am the Chair now. Anyway, the first thing we need to discuss is what we want this program to look like on a basic level. We have quite a bit of room to maneuver. Let's start with deciding on which rural communities we should send the teenagers to. There are plenty of options. We could even send different groups to different places, if we want to.

Felix: An obvious choice would be Nielsen's Hill. I spend a lot of my time there, and I can vouch for it as a safe and productive community to send these troubled children to.

Diane: Noted. Any other suggestions?

Frederick: I remember spending some good times there, but in good faith I'd prefer to avoid anywhere with direct connections to the CLF. Believe me, I know what good it can do but I don't want this board getting accused of being just a means for the SRLF to indoctrinate vulnerable youths. I would put forward Feldspar. It's a nice area, with a reasonable travel distance to a train station so it's not a complete pain for the teenagers to be escorted to, and last time I heard the educational facilities were pretty good.

Frederick: Sorry, to clarify for the record by a lack of direct CLF connections, I meant with regards to training and recruitment. Not to single out Felix, but dealing with the youth is always a delicate political topic, and I'd prefer to not be accused of attempting brainwashing, like when the curriculum was set up.

Felix: If we start excluding settlements based on CLF recruitment efforts, our list of options becomes rather narrow. As someone personally involved, let me assure you that every sizable settlement sees admirable recruitment rates, for reasons of which we are all well aware. Feldspar sounds like it would be an ideal location to add to our list, but how many children can it truly accommodate? This program is likely to see tens of thousands of registrations. You can't avoid good policy because of what some disingenuous critics might conjure up to oppose it. We must make our decisions purely from the point of view of what's best for the children, what environment they will be safest in and far from criminal influences. A sizable yet tight knit community like Nielsen's Hill is the ideal place for them, I think.

Frederick: It's a fair point. Do you have any information on hand about the educational facilities available in Nielsen's Hill? If you give me a minute I can find my notes on Feldspar's schools.

Felix: With the aid of the CLF, Nielsen's Schools were able to keep operating even throghout the insurgency. As a result, they aren't as far behind their municipal equivalents as in most other settlements. This is crucial, I feel.

Frederick: That is a definite advantage. As an aside, I just had a thought: We should probably go with multiple locations, both for reasons of space, and so that we can make sure that we can split up groups that might cause trouble if kept together.

So, Feldspar has schools with a reasonable amount of space in the classes, as there was a certain amount of exodus during the revolution. There wasn't a whole lot of violence in the area, but people got a bit flighty. Definitely enough space to house a chunk of the expected... applicants, I guess? Not sure what the proper nomenclature for the kids would be. There's also a quasi-informal agricultural teaching course operating out of there, which could impart useful skills.

Felix: I agree, that does sound like an ideal location. I think we should run our program across three settlements, at least initially: Nielsen's Hill, Panorama and Feldspar. The communal model adopted by Panorama recently seems like an ideal environment for our charges, as there are less incentives for petty crime.

Diane: That sounds reasonable. Any objections?

Frederick: None here!

Diane: Then that's what we'll do. Now, should the children be integrated with the regular school population or be taught in separate classes? I can see the arguments for both.

Frederick: My initial thought is that they should be integrated. Not only would it be slightly easier on the budget, but I also worry about isolating them. If the only people their own age they will regularly spend time with are other at-risk kids, then it might end up being that we just create little enclaves of criminal activity. By giving them the chance to hang around with the other kids, they are given the chance to experience life outside of their own lifestyle.

And whilst I know that we wouldn't be totally separating them from the local populace, I remember making more friends in school than I ever did outside of it when I was a kid.

Laurie: I agree completely. In fact, I'll go a step further. We should open the option for local families to volunteer to house children in the program who agree to that, in addition to the regular lodgings. In my experience, many kids in their position require individual attention to break out from their harmful behaviors. Of course, we should screen volunteer families and monitor them when they take in children. This should be an entirely opt-in element. Troubled kids don't tend to respond well to coercion. They have to take that option themselves.

Frederick: I will heartily second that.

Diane: Any objections?

[Silence]

Diane: I guess not. We should also decide where to hire the staff that will monitor and counsel the children in our program. They must have experience in dealing with drug addicts and gangs. Our existing social workers are already overworked without having any additional responsibilities thrust on them. Any suggestions?

Frederick: You said yourself that these kids wouldn't respond well to coercion, and are unlikely to trust people directly attached to the police forces. Perhaps examples? If we could find those who have been in their situation and got out, and give them some training in communicating with the kids, maybe that would be an option? Subject to adequate background checks, of course.

Diane: That's certainly a tempting option. Unfortunately, I doubt there are nearly enough people who have been in their position in the past and managed to get out of it.

Felix: Perhaps former members of the CLF? Only four years ago, most rural settlements had their own gangs. Now, the situation couldn't be any more different. I am sure we can find many former members who overcame drug addiction or new someone who has.

Frederick: I mean ultimately I think we probably want to view these as a short-to-mid term measure, with an end goal of increasing funding to social services to be able to staff the program with fully trained and qualified social workers. But I'm... hesitantly optimistic about the CLF idea.

Diane: Any objections?

[Silence]

Diane: Then we'll aim our employment ads towards the ex-CLF sector, in addition to unemployed school councilors and juvenile prison psychologists. Are there any other things we should discuss at this preliminary stage?

Frederick: I was going to raise a small point, in that maybe we should do some preliminary investigation as to the costs of training teachers to recognize signs of the behaviors that would get someone referred to the AYIP. I mean school takes up a decent chunk of a child's day, so it might be a good idea?

Diane: That seems like a good idea, but I don't know that we'll have the resources for it. It certainly wouldn't hurt to investigate the costs.

Frederick: Worst case scenario, if we can't afford it but it looks like it'll have a definite positive impact, we can do some lobbying, try to get it some funding from the Ministry.

Diane: I agree. Any other matters?

Frederick: Nothing here. Oh, when will we reconvene? Just so that I can make sure I don't have any other obligations.

Diane: A month should suffice to put our decisions into action and set up the skeleton of our program, provided we get the funding in short order, of course. So, this date next month should be fine.

Diane: If there is nothing else, this meeting should be over. Any final comments?

Frederick: None relating to the EYIP. I was, however, going to ask if anyone wanted some lunch. There's a great little place just round the corner that I used to go to as a student.

Laurie: That would be fine, I think.

Felix: That's a good idea.

Oscar: I am afraid I have other obligations.

Diane: I guess I should join you, if only for politeness sake. Anyway, this meeting is adjourned.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Comrade Radek

Aye to all

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

quote:

A November 6th SCN message received by those SRLF members who have worked most closely with Denver Axo

Comrades,

I and some others must strike out on my own in this election. Thank you for all your help, and I look forward to working with you again in coalition once these elections have confirmed our progressive mandate among the people. Don't be upset: our democracy can only benefit from a multitude of voices, and of course we will share many goals in common. Long live the Revolution! Long live Democracy!

-Denver

The Sirta Democratic Union (SDU)

Color: Deep Green
Flag: A field of green, with the silhouette of a tiger in white in the center
Logo: A white tiger

Type: Leader-Oriented
Leader: Denver Axo, 32, of the Panorama Regional Government (Tatankatonk),
List: [PCs]Brian Praxis, 61, Landowner (AJ_Impy); [NPCs] Nourredine Saqqaf, 48, Deputy Minister of Infrastructure ; Behar Gali, 26, community organizer from Feldspar; Stanislav Sykora, 29, Militia Union garrison commander of Nielsen's Hill; Binh Ngai, 67, physician from Prosperity; Vong Savang, 45, current professor of Agronomy at PARI.

Platform:

The land and means of production belong to all of society, and exist to provide a good life to all citizens regardless of heritage or station.

As seen in the miracle at Panorama, society can be organized more peacefully and fairly. Private property that exists only to enrich a few, and a state that exists only to safeguard the property rights of this few, are neither democratic nor peaceful, and must be abolished. Society must transition to a system of communally-owned production. Our first revolution has freed us from dictatorship and given us democracy in politics; our second must free us from capitalism and give us democracy in the rest of our society.

Our first priority as a society must always be that all are fed, clothed, housed, treated, safe, free, and heard.

The planet and its ecological systems are to be protected from degradation.

Uncontrolled and unsupervised growth in a body is known as cancer. Any further development of industry and society must be directed along the most stringent ecological and environmental guidelines. We must adapt our society to a fruitful partnership with nature, and not merely seek to conquer it. At every step, we must closely monitor the biosphere and our own growth to make sure the two are not in conflict; and prioritize the first, which gives us life, over the second, which only fulfills a current psychological desire.

A Ministry of Ecology shall be made, through the same process as the Ministry of Agriculture, to promote ecologically responsible policy.

Sirta must transition to an energy infrastructure that is totally safe and clean. By 3090, all nuclear power plants must be shuttered and their generative capacity replaced by an expansion of solar, wind, and other green energy.

The countryside is to be re-settled and lifted up from neglect and poverty.

The rural settlements have been impoverished by two generations of neglect. The cities are overcrowded, poor, dirty, and violent. The solution to both problems is to begin to move willing settlers from the cities to the countryside, to give former city-dwellers more room and land of their own, and rural communities more attention and resources.

The population of Sirta has remained stagnant and confined to a single area of the planet. The SDU will set a target of a population of 100 million Sirtans by 3120, and encourage the growth of families and the directed settlement of areas of the planet previously uninhabited. At the same time, this growth of our population should be mediated by our ecological principles, and afterwards we may begin to consider the usefulness of a target population limit, though any such limit would obviously be something for our descendants to consider.

Crime, corruption, and authoritarianism are to be extinguished.

The elements of the former dictatorship that have escaped justice must be brought to trial immediately. The organized crime syndicates must be broken up and their ill-gotten riches distributed back to the society they stole from. Victims of crime must be extended a sympathetic hand from the government: a federal Witness Protection Program shall be enacted; the Constitutional amendment to abolish slavery and forced labor must be enforced; the prisons must be reformed or abolished.

Robert Greene must be found and made to stand trial.

The market is to be brought to heel and controlled by the people.

There is no such thing as a free market except one in which private property has been abolished and labor is not alienated. The transition of goods and services that makes life and trade possible must be moved away from a privately-owned model driven by profit motives, to one centrally & democratically co-ordinated to make sure everyone has enough to live a comfortable life.

All extant or proposed trade treaties with our valued neighbors are to be re-examined and altered to ensure a basic fairness to both parties, as they were drafted during a dictatorship and benefited only a corrupt few on Sirta.

Controls on the movement of capital are to be established, to prevent another occurrence of the disaster that has befallen Sard.

Sard, as our capital, must have its freefall into chaos and poverty halted and reversed, and the national government must be made to address the situation in that city.

Sirtan society is to be made democratic at every level.

All businesses are encouraged to transition to a co-operative, employee owned model, with employees setting their own hours, duties, and wages.

All governments are encouraged to transition to direct democracies on the model of the Local Assemblies; all representative democracies are encouraged to abandon First Past the Post voting systems and adopt proportional representation.

Constitutional amendments must be adopted to reduce the amount of Guardian Council Appointees in Parliament to 5.

War as a legitimate means of settling disputes is to be forsaken; Sirtans pledge themselves to eternal peace and friendship with ourselves and our neighbors.

All standing armies on Sirta are to be abolished. The death penalty is to be abolished. Trade and embassies with our neighbors are to be expanded and built upon, though for the moment foreign investment should be directed through state enterprises. Sirta must forsake aggressive war and civil war.

Defense spending must be limited to that which is mandated by international treaty, as well as spending necessary for the maintenance of batteries to defend our orbit and airspace.

We shall pursue limited membership with the Outer Alliance and seek aid from our neighbors.

We must build a moral society that upholds the rights of all.

Leaders must hold themselves to a higher standard of conduct, and society must faithfully improve itself in return. Dishonesty, corruption, aggression, complacency, thoughtlessness, and cruelty cannot simply be legislated away. We must subscribe to a moral philosophy of peace and self-improvement in order to honor ourselves and the natural order we exist in. The rights of: women; social, ethnic, or religious minorities; the poor; the homeless; the ill; non-biological citizens like AMRs; must be protected and expanded until all enjoy an equal place in society and all man-made hierarchies have been abolished. While respecting the separation of church and state, and the secular nature of society, society must recommit itself to a spiritual renewal.

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Mar 16, 2018

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Denver Axo

Aye to the November 3062 budget.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Comrade Radek

On the eve of this sudden election, the SRLF stands ready to make our case once more to the people of Sirta. In the days to come, we will be criss-crossing the country, reminding you, the people, of the progress we've been able to make in these few short months, as well as the possibilities we may be capable of yet, especially if we are not shackled to a coalition who have largely decided to withdraw from the sacred responsibilities they were entrusted with by the people!

Vote the SRLF ticket, and help us build the Sirta of tomorrow!

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Kairi Fields, Minister of Health:

Rather than continuing to operate on an arbitrary basis, I decided to set the Ministry’s budget to scale with its funding from here on. There were some painful decisions to make, but we have to work with what is available. For each item on the list, the percentage of total funds is followed by the specific amount it equals this month.

Total Funds – 100% - 74.73

Public Hospitals (Municipal) – 40% - 29.89

Public Hospitals (Rural) – 25% - 18.68

External Contracts – 10% - 7.47

Sirtan Drug Administration – 6% - 4.48

Specialized Clinics – 5% - 3.74

Mental Health Facilities – 5% - 3.74

Rehabilitation Act Facilities – 4% - 2.99

Sirta Pharmaceuticals Shareholder Compensation – 3% - 2.24 (Left to Pay: 14.26)

Immediate Response Service – 2% - 1.49

There are also 25 million NSC left in reserve, slated for dealing with epidemic outbreaks or other major health emergencies.

The current situation is far from ideal and I can only hope further funding becomes available in the near future. Public heath isn’t something that can be put off for long without courting disaster.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
November 3062 Parliament Votes:

The voting phase is over. Remember that, in the narrative, these votes were separate and took place over the duration of the month, rather than all at once.

Proposals under consideration:

1. EYIP Budget Amendment, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin.
2. Confirmation Vote for the Minister of Education's appointment of Elodie Deschamps as Sirtan Survey Administration Director.

Party Breakdown:

* SRLF:
## EYIP Budget Amendment – Support 17, Abstain 1, Oppose 0
## Elodie Deschamps to SSA Director – Confirm 17, Abstain 1, Reject 0

* Dawn:
## EYIP Budget Amendment – Support 9, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Elodie Deschamps to SSA Director – Confirm 9, Abstain 0, Reject 0

* UCS:
## EYIP Budget Amendment – Support 5, Abstain 1, Oppose 0
## Elodie Deschamps to SSA Director – Confirm 5, Abstain 1, Reject 0

* FDG:
## EYIP Budget Amendment – Support 6, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Elodie Deschamps to SSA Director – Confirm 6, Abstain 0, Reject 0

* DAL:
## EYIP Budget Amendment – Support 6, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Elodie Deschamps to SSA Director – Confirm 0, Abstain 6, Reject 0

* FSP:
## EYIP Budget Amendment – Support 0, Abstain 1, Oppose 2
## Elodie Deschamps to SSA Director – Confirm 0, Abstain 3, Reject 0

* Unity Coalition:
## EYIP Budget Amendment – Support 3, Abstain 0, Oppose 0

* KNK:
## EYIP Budget Amendment – Support 0, Abstain 3, Oppose 0

* The Community:

* VM:

Guardian Council Appointments:

* Vera Albright:
## EYIP Budget Amendment – Support
## Elodie Deschamps to SSA Director – Confirm

* Thomas Gill:

* Frank Probst:

* Lucia Caldera:

* Sander Hansen:
## Elodie Deschamps to SSA Director – Abstain

* Lisa Wyatt:

* William Viner:
## EYIP Budget Amendment – Abstain

* Roger Rockwell:

* Janet Oliphant:

* Silvia Collins:

* Rachel Hoffman:

* Paul Thiede:

* Della Jalbert:

* Sofia Juhl:

* Jade Ross:

Citizen Seats:

* Rutherford T. Vanderbush:

* Jessica Ramsey:

* Susanne Brandt:

* Autumn Black:

* Grace Wright:

Overall:

## EYIP Budget Amendment – Support 42, Abstain 16, Oppose 2
## Elodie Deschamps to SSA Director – Confirm 51, Abstain 29, Reject 0

Outcome:

The following bills were passed into law:

* EYIP Budget Amendment

Elodie Deschamps’ appointment as SSA Director was confirmed.

November 3062 People’s Assemblies Votes:

In narrative, all listed votes represent not only the individual character’s vote but the votes of a segment of the population that voted similarly.

Sard:

Proposals:

1. To Build a Home Act, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin.
2. Building a Better Future Act, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin.

Votes:

* Prime Minister Luxemburg:
## To Build a Home Act – Abstain
## Building a Better Future Act – Abstain

* Minster of Education Bookchin:
## To Build a Home Act – Support
## Building a Better Future Act – Support

* Minister of Internal Security Radek:

* Minister of Finance ReSeAu Gen:
## To Build a Home Act – Abstain
## Building a Better Future Act – Abstain

* Minister of Health Kairi Fields:

* Minister of Interior Stefan Borisov:

* Member of Parliament Lenore Hughes:

Total:

## To Build a Home Act – Support 5, Abstain 2, Oppose 0
## Building a Better Future Act – Support 5, Abstain 2, Oppose 0

Accepted Proposals:

* To Build a Home Act
* Building a Better Future

Panorama:

Proposals:

1. November 3062 Budget, submitted by Citizen Denver Axo.
Votes:

* Citizen Denver Axo:
## November 3062 Budget – Support

Total:

## November 3062 Budget – Support 1, Abstain 0, Oppose 0

Accepted Proposals:

* November 3062 Budget

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
The Parliamentary Election starts now and will last until Monday – the 19th of March – at 15:00 UTC.

It’s going to work largely the same as the previous Parliamentary Election, including party members not being able to vote and instead being counted as votes for their own parties.

However, there is one major change – in addition to player voters, there will be 6 NPC Popular Sentiment voters – one for each of the cities and one for the rural settlements. Each NPCPS voter will maintain a numeric score for each of the parties which will change throughout the campaign period, either positively or negatively, depending on the messages they extract from each party’s public statements. They will cast their vote for the party that attains the highest score at the end of the election. The scores will only be made public after the end of the elections.

To vote, write the party’s full name in bold.

AFancyQuestionMark fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 18, 2018

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Here are the updated lists and platforms for the NPC parties participating in this election.

Dawn

Leader: Lenore Hughes

List: No one

Platform: “Over the last half-year, our government has taken major strides to undo the damage wrought on the people by the old regime. Together, we have begun giving homes to the homeless, food to the starving, power to the powerless and aid to those who need it the most. But, that is only the beginning. We can do so much more for those most vulnerable and those most helpless among us, if we put our minds and hearts into it, if we take the opportunities the world presents before us. If you give us your trust once more, we promise to use our place in government to help you, the people of Sirta!”

The party still sticks to its core values of social welfare, honesty and transparency. It still maintains the need to take out loans to fund a massive expansion of government aid and the safety net.

Forward Development Group

Leader: Stefan Borisov

List: No one.

Platform: “…given these facts, the reader should now understand the perilous state of our present economy. The gradual recovery we have been experiencing since the start of the year is not guaranteed to last, nor even to reach a stable state. On the contrary, considering the SRLF’s strident ideological opposition to foreign investment and hostile posture towards domestic private industry, there is every reason to fear another downward spiral. Early signs of this regression can be seen in Sard, where the SRLF concentrated most of its localized efforts, attaining spectacularly poor results…”

The party has renewed its emphasis on implementing its own plan for the country’s long-term stability and prosperity, largely based on foreign investment and a new generation of skilled workers. It calls for accelerating the schedule for making all public education tuition free, constructing more CECs, offering incentives to foreign investors and obtaining full membership in the Outer Alliance.

Direct Action List

Leader: Victor Knapfstein

List: No one.

Platform: “There is just one thing I don’t understand. How is it possible that after all this time, after all of the people who fought and bled and died for the revolution, there are still so many regime thieves and murderers roaming free? Not only that, but some of them even have the gall to show their faces in government! How have we allowed that to happen? When did our revolution decide to spit in the faces of countless still living victims, to trample on the graves of thousands? No more. We can’t allow this farce to continue for even a moment longer.”

This party, seen as a CLF proxy, is campaigning for the rapid expansion of the TRC’s powers and resources, as well as introducing especially harsh punishments for old regime criminals.

Union of Civil Services

Leader: Lillian Ford, former Industrial Development Advisor under the old regime, she went on to become a UCS MP and later party leader after ReSeAu Gen stepped down unexpectedly.

List: Vivian Grey

Platform: “Any successful government must rely on a professional, competent and impartial civil service. Policy must be formed only after carefully consulting all of the available information on any given issue, noting all possible approaches to resolve it and analyzing the potential consequences of those approaches.”

This party believes in a carefully considered and evidence based approach to politics, and advocates for an expanded, empowered and highly qualified civil service.

AFancyQuestionMark fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 16, 2018

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Comrade Radek

Speech at the campaign kickoff rally in Sard, simulcast nationwide via SCN posted:

Comrades, I speak to you today upon streets that have been reclaimed for the people of Sirta from the criminal elements that once controlled them. When the SRLF entered office, crime was rampant - in our cities, in our government, and even in the very law enforcement bodies sworn to combat it.

No longer!

We have swept out the crooked, corrupt, and criminal vestiges of the old regime and created institutions that will shoulder the burden of protecting Sirta for generations to come. See our successes at all levels! The New Sirtan Police is on the beat, patrolling your streets to ensure that you and your families can go about your lives unhindered by the specter of crime. The New Federal Police has had numerous successes, dealing everything from organized crime to those who would use the political trust granted them to enrich themselves - I know that the two may seem indistinguishable. The Militia Union has built new bonds between the central government and those who protect the people across the countryside, and we have even begun reforming the horrific state of our penal system.

Comrades, this progress must continue!

Place your trust once more in the SRLF. Place your trust once more in Comrade Luxemburg. Place your trust once more in Sirta's future! We're ready to continue the good work we've begun, and there is much yet to do, but we cannot do it without your support!

-----------------------------------------------

Excerpt from a popular morning SCN show posted:

Interviewer: And in closing, Minister, the FDG have come out strong attacking your party as a fundamental part of it's platform. Any response?

Radek: Happily. It is somewhat unsurprising that our one-time coalition partners would have decided that their best chance of electoral success rested on attacking the efforts of others, for the FDG really hasn't made many recently themselves. Their ministers, and here I include both their former leader and our foreign minister, who the FDG demanded, were largely absent for much of the recent period, leaving their ministries in the hands of their deputies and career staff. They seem to have gone largely quiet in Parliament, where one might have expected them to advocate for their development agendas, perhaps proposed a few bills, or any of the other responsibilities of a party so entrusted by the public. The only place to my knowledge they have been somewhat active is on the local level in Topaz, where to their credit they have proposed a few creditable bills. On the other hand, their primary purpose in the city seems to be creating a den for crony capitalism and capital flight - remember their comrade Vanderbrushs' attempt to put forth a bill that would give his own company business!

In short, we would be happy to work with the FDG when it comes to pushing forward the development of Sirta, but I fear at this point they're on the route to becoming nothing more than a mouthpiece for the entrenched capital interests that have dominated Sirta for generations. Is it any surprise they would attack the party seeking to break those chains? I think not.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Sirta Democratic Union

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Excerpt of Bookchins Education Speech at a Rally in Topaz, and variations were spoken among other cities where CECs were built posted:

... As I am sure you are aware that as Minister we have done much to improve the educational opportunities in Topaz, among other cities. Your city, as one of the manufacturing hubs of Sirta, now has two CECs bringing your city's population a worthy technical education, not to mention the civics lessons it provides to continue the revolution to your daily life. I cannot stress the importance of a educated populace. It brings confidence, prosperity and meaning to our lives. The ministry's support of the Bootstrap Act has allowed for other educational opportunities as well. The boost in funding to all research grants will be a boon to all Sirtan industry sooner rather than later, too!

We have made significant progress, but we are not yet whole. We MUST ensure that all education has no upfront costs to the student, be they a child or adult. I am saddened that our current foreign minister has chosen to delay forming new partnerships with foreign nations, as I'm sure the increased prosperity from those deals would be helpful to obtain that goal. I will ensure to push on the new foreign ministry to make a favorable deal that makes free education a reality once again. You have put your faith and your vote in the SRLF before and you have seen concrete results improve the wellbeing of Sirtans planetwide, I ask that you continue to put that faith into us. Thank you!

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 16, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 16, 2018

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Sensτ no nai Sekai Party(SnnSP)

Color: Flat blue

Platform:
"We not only need but deserve a planet without people suffering from poverty, without orphans abandoned by society, and a planet without War." -Lorenzo Shimizu

The home grown party from Peridot that wishes to see the depression and devastation of the War and Regimes removed and ensure that the planet never sees War again.
To achieve these goals Law must rule and must be used to remove the root causes of the planets ailments and that which leads to war.
First on the agenda is a Bill of Rights ensuring that every citizen is protected and may lawfully engage in activities to better themselves, their communities, and the planet as a whole. This is non-negotiable.
Second is ensuring sustainable funding to provide avenues for citizens to pursue life, liberty, and growth.
Third is to multilaterally address that which leads to war and combat it and deal lawfully with those who profit from War.
Fourth is to never stop protecting and promoting the rights of citizens across the planet by any means necessary.
We must protect the ecology of the planet first and then profit from it via tourism and science.

."..Real Alternative Party." -Comrade Radek
We strive to live up to this by being more than a splinter of the Direct Action League.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Voting Sirtan Revolutionary Liberation Front
, and I urge all those in Topaz that have seen the progress we've made to do the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Voting Sirtan Revolutionary Liberation Front.