Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Hilariously, this new Western Bulldogs song sounds exponentially better and less fake than it currently does.

EDIT: I take it back, the Bulldogs one should be a slam dunk how did they gently caress this up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I don't hear banjos. What have they done with the banjos.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Ah crap, they've discovered cartilage damage in Birchall's knee and now he's out for the first half of the season.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Schlesische posted:

Hilariously, this new Western Bulldogs song sounds exponentially better and less fake than it currently does.

EDIT: I take it back, the Bulldogs one should be a slam dunk how did they gently caress this up?

It sounds like they used midi horns and mixed them very poorly.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

monolithburger posted:

It sounds like they used midi horns and mixed them very poorly.

So just like the current one.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

spamman posted:

Ah crap, they've discovered cartilage damage in Birchall's knee and now he's out for the first half of the season.
Fffff

Back to the song debacle, didn't the Cat Empire dude do the Giants song and actually use real horns?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

monolithburger posted:

Not sure, as only Triple M have really said anything about it. Hopefully it's temporary because ugh, why? They were fine as they were.

All outlets have been told under no circumstances are they to use the old songs

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
This has to be a sort of weird publicity ploy for the start of the season

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I don't know who even holds the rights to the good recordings but that's probably why the AFL produced these travesties.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Gil-otine now.

This is hosed, sounds poo poo.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Let's go the Brisbane Lions imo.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

The Deadly Hume posted:

I don't know who even holds the rights to the good recordings but that's probably why the AFL produced these travesties.

Supposedly the rights ran out, according to 774 just before and it is probably cheaper for the AFL to rerecord.

They had one of the original singers on, they got paid $100 (no royalties) to record, 9 blokes who did all 12 VFL team songs in one day and then went their seperate ways, they recorded under the group name the Fable Brothers but never did anything as that group again.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I remember the video game before the most recent one had offbrand versions of the theme songs for some bizarre reason :psyduck:

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The Channel 10 attempt at an AFL footy show also used an offbrand recording.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Finally, we bring cucking into our membership drive campaign:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRVHbgVWHK4

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Freo still have the sweet guitar solo under the opening chorus, so all good.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Franga is back

quote:

A MONTH after taking leave from Essendon to deal with a mental health issue, young Bomber Aaron Francis has returned to training at the club.

The 20-year-old, who was the No.6 pick at the 2015 NAB AFL Draft, remained based in Melbourne during his break away from Essendon.

He's dropped 4kg and his skinfolds are apparently the best they've been since joining the club

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Wow Brisbane :eyepop:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Brisbane you were supposed to win by as small a margin as possible pls stop

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
SFT 4 brownlow.

Matt Gloss
Aug 30, 2004
Touch dry in four hours!

NTRabbit posted:

Reminder that the Goon Golden Spoon draft is set for Saturday 17 March 2018 at 6:00 PM (AEDT) because nobody suggested a better time. If you can't be there, don't forget to set your draft order so you don't get robofucked. Also, we're still at 7 teams, we can do better than that. New goons, foreign and domestic, who want to follow along with our demented sport this year, feel free to join in, fantasy isn't nearly as hard as it looks, and half the scoring ends up being lucky choices of fringe players who come good, and players who don't get injured.

I've just signed up to this. My first goon spoon - pretty excited!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Awesome, we're now up to 9 plus the bye team (a team set up so that it can't win, because the league must have even numbers), we've technically got 3 more spaces left if there are any more lurkers who want to join in.

Also go Brisbane!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Thanks for nothing Giants. Win or dead now, makes it simple at least

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Hopefully we can re-record West Coast's tune for the 2nd time in like 5 years.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

drunkill posted:

SFT 4 brownlow.

Yeah she's legit. They would have been annoyed at losing Harris but SFT is way more valuable

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
SFT has been an absolute star this season. I got a front-row seat at Norwood Oval in round 1 to watch her absolutely tear the Crows apart.

She was drat good last season, too.

Big win from Brisbane tonight... now we just need Bulldogs and Melbourne not to draw, and the Crows will be playing off for a grand final spot!

Pretty incredible to think it could still quite easily be Brisbane in the GF. Just need two results to go their way. So much for me having written them off as not legitimate chances.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

GJ Brissy. Go not a draw in the Demons/Bulldogs match.

EDIT: If Melbourne win, how much margin does Brisbane need them to win by to still be in the hunt?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Roughly 5-6 goals, I think. It depends on the overall score of course. Larger scores are better from Brisbane's perspective.

If Melbourne won 42-10, for example, the Bulldogs percentage would drop to 125.6% which is lower than Brisbane's.

But if Melbourne won 32-0, the Bulldogs would only drop to 126.8% which is still above Brisbane.

I think it's roughly 33 points minus one point for every goal the Bulldogs kick or something like that.

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Mar 16, 2018

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If the Dogs lose:

If Melbourne kept to 32 points or less, Bulldogs finish above Brisbane on %

If Melbourne Score X || Margin must be Y or lower for Bulldogs to finish above brisbane
33-34 | 32
35-38 | 31
39-41 | 30
42-45 | 29
46-49 | 28
59-53 | 27
54-57 | 26
58-60 | 25
61-64 | 24
65-68 | 23
69-72 | 22
73-75 | 21
76-79 | 20
80-83 | 19
84-87 | 18
88-90 | 17
91-94 | 16
95-98 | 15
99-100 | 14

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

If the Dogs lose

We're talking about a situation where Melbourne has their fate in their hands.
The If statement is an absolute and it's "when the dogs win".

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Schlesische posted:

We're talking about a situation where Melbourne has their fate in their hands.
The If statement is an absolute and it's "when the dogs win".

I agree. It's times like this I wish I drank.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

It's weird when I try out all the weird end-of-season scenarios and usually they all get mucked up by the early result.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

It's never too late to take it up :cheers:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Solemn Sloth posted:

There's always meth

I'm finally back from my overseas sojourn so I'm dead keen to watch some ladie footy this afternoon, I have seen nothing except the round 1 Carl V Coll game and since then the VPN on my phone just kept cracking the shits. Who should I be watching out for player wise this weekend? And when is the GF because isn't round 1 of the men's next week?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

hiddenmovement posted:

Who should I be watching out for player wise this weekend?

Erin Phillips imo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

richelle cranston

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

hiddenmovement posted:

Who should I be watching out for player wise this weekend?

Brooke Lochland, who is currently tied for the Coleman.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Hope they kind of make new names for the womens awards to make them unique to the comp over time. Not that I have anything against them using the Brownlow or Coleman etc, I just think it'd be more appropriate to have new awards named after women who have pioneered the game in Australia and made AFLW possible.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Well given that the Brownlow and Coleman were only named when their namesakes died, maybe just wait until there is someone that we want to honour for each medal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Turns out the awards don't have names for the time being - I thought Coleman sounded a little off when I typed it.