Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Herelies a man who I did not know...but he saw 10 of my movies so he obviously lead a full life.

edit: loving new page....

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I stopped after four Highlanders and a Mortal Kombat. Do I get half off my funeral, or maybe free notarizing?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

enigmahfc posted:

edit: loving new page....
Heh heh heh...

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
Ghost Rider 2 episode is up on Patreon, I forgot that Christopher Lambert was in that movie...

Evil Mastermind posted:

Heh heh heh...

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
edit:wrong thread....

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

enigmahfc posted:

edit:wrong thread....

Heh heh heh

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/972621506223144960

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

wanna get a sharpie and do that maze on his junk

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
If there is something I'd complain about this podcast, it's Andrew's weird I live in New Yawk farthuffin' he does which I guess is a universal thing all new yorkers do and their weird mafia apologia which all four of them do

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
As someone who visited Manhattan for all of three days, it seemed really cool and also a nightmare hellscape of cars, human waste and capitalism. I guess I'd be pretty proud to be able to survive in that place on a day-to-day basis.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

WHM being a pro-mafia podcast is one of my favorite running bits. Mainly because it's entirely hinged on Steve Sajdak being a kid from the Bronx who knows where his place is.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Calaveron posted:

If there is something I'd complain about this podcast, it's Andrew's weird I live in New Yawk farthuffin' he does which I guess is a universal thing all new yorkers do and their weird mafia apologia which all four of them do

They're run of the mill Brooklyn hipsters. What else do you expect.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

The Deleter posted:

As someone who visited Manhattan for all of three days, it seemed really cool and also a nightmare hellscape of cars, human waste and capitalism. I guess I'd be pretty proud to be able to survive in that place on a day-to-day basis.

Manhattan, at least most of it, is Disneyland and nobody that isn't very wealthy lives there. Surviving in the Wu-Tang part of Staten Island on the other hand would be admirable.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/973333236612026369
I kiiiinda want one (1) episode of them just bullshitting about whatever games they're currently playing

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The image of Chris Cabin playing Zelda is very funny to me, and I have no idea why

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

All good games those.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Steve just slips into the mental image of a man playing DS on the subway like it's a warm bath

Also my mental image of Eric playing Doom involves him excitedly barking "Yeah! Yeah!" a lot

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Calaveron posted:

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/973333236612026369
I kiiiinda want one (1) episode of them just bullshitting about whatever games they're currently playing

Same, I always like when they make video game references

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Their mutual and deep disdain for Mega Man X still baffles me

Like, if the original Mega Man games have one minute of story, X has 2 minutes and 30 seconds of story. You're still shooting robots with your laser gun for 99.8 percent of it, which is what everybody is here for.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

no mention of an early appearance by Gus frickin Fring in Maximum Overdrive?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

no mention of an early appearance by Gus frickin Fring in Maximum Overdrive?

It seemed like a really... short episode? Like I know it wasn't but they didn't really go over a lot of the weirder stuff. Like how Lisa friggin' Simpson is one of the warm bodies in the gas station.

A man dies by being electrocuted by a pinball machine.

C'mon!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Fart City posted:

It seemed like a really... short episode? Like I know it wasn't but they didn't really go over a lot of the weirder stuff. Like how Lisa friggin' Simpson is one of the warm bodies in the gas station.

C'mon!

They talk about her and piss fetish.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
The episode was likely short because they were only allotted an hour or so. Andrew even says something about needing to wrap it up near the end.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I was kind of disappointed, because Maximum Overdrive was one of the handful of movies I saw really late at nite when I was young, and grew up with it as a cult-favorite for me. So, I was hoping it would be longer & better. I wonder why they rushed this episode and pushed the other one until Thursday.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Fart City posted:

C'mon!

I could make an hour just griping about how shrill and godawful she and her constant "CURTIIIS!" were

Hockles posted:

I was kind of disappointed, because Maximum Overdrive was one of the handful of movies I saw really late at nite when I was young, and grew up with it as a cult-favorite for me.

Me too. It's a definite We Love Movies for me. Being intimately familiar with the area it was filmed in helped.

Also, I know, I know, put my tweet down, but King sued to keep his name off of The Lawnmower Man since it bears no resemblance whatsoever to his sort-of-hilarious five page story of the same name

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I love the idea of Christopher Lambert continuing ed con artist

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What's the episode where they imitate a character with an Italian accent and Szyszka accidentally starts doing a Dracula accent

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Calaveron posted:

What's the episode where they imitate a character with an Italian accent and Szyszka accidentally starts doing a Dracula accent

I think it was Maximum Overdrive. They start talking about Dino Di Laurentis and he goes into the accent.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Calaveron posted:

Cat's Eye

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

It was a badder episode but still really funny and entertaining. That time limit really hurt them though.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

DoubleCakes posted:

It was a badder episode but still really funny and entertaining. That time limit really hurt them though.

Yeah, it was a short episode, and you could tell they wanted to talk more about certain parts but just had to move on, so they had a hard time settling into a groove. Still funny, though.

At least it was only a bonus episode, though, and we're still getting a new one tomorrow.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Hockles posted:

I think it was Maximum Overdrive. They start talking about Dino Di Laurentis and he goes into the accent.

That was Sajdak and I asked because I was reminded about it when he started doing it

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

I think it was maybe a Schwarzenegger episode? Or maybe Lambert? I distinctly remember Andrew saying “that’s about a hair away from Dracula,” and them riffing from there.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
It was cat's eye

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The Boys are officially on fire in today's episode!

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

“This Buck Cherry-lookin’ kid” got me on-board right out of the gate.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Kinda wish they got Maximum Overdrive for LRM instead of this, cause there ton of things in MO they didn't get to discuss on the live episode, while I Will Always Know etc etc is almost devoid of action and excitement.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Apes-Ma posted:

Kinda wish they got Maximum Overdrive for LRM instead of this, cause there ton of things in MO they didn't get to discuss on the live episode, while I Will Always Know etc etc is almost devoid of action and excitement.

I'm glad we got what we did if for no other reason than Eric being so loving incredulous at the name Colby.

COLBY.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm glad we got what we did if for no other reason than Eric being so loving incredulous at the name Colby.

COLBY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMW6DtvTD-U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm watching through Dynasty on Prime at the moment and one of the major families in the show's last name is Colby and it takes place in Denver, so that just left me wondering if the movie writer was a big Dynasty fan.