Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Hell Gem
I am on team Darhk now.

gently caress you, Nate. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Wally has been on this show for 2(+.01 I guess) episodes and is already used so much better than he was on The Flash.

I know his powers will still depend on the plot as always but at least it'll be fun rather than stupid.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
At least Wally not using his powers was actually the correct solution and a good reason instead of something completely stupid.

You know, like all the times they couldv'e used the freeze gun to capture Savage in S1.

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

Rocksicles posted:

Young black mechanics with super powers don't grow on trees.

Let's see...Pete on Smallville, Jax, Wally...Oh God.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

i don't know what that is and also certainly do not know what a hawk is

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GreenNight posted:

Elvis has come a long way.

This movie was 98% awful but the payoff of that last 2% may solidify it as one of the greatest plot twists of all time

nine-gear crow posted:

loving zombie show, should have took the hint the first time and stayed dead.

but I like iZombie :(

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Ska rules :mad:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Given this episode, it's clear what they need to do for the season finale:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

This episode actually made me tear up a little. God dammit.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Wally is the bomb and even without his powers he's still able to solve the problem at hand which basically makes him the only useful person on the team outside Sara. Bringing him over was the best thing. He was wasted on Flash.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sir Potato posted:

Wally is the bomb and even without his powers he's still able to solve the problem at hand which basically makes him the only useful person on the team outside Sara. Bringing him over was the best thing. He was wasted on Flash.

Wally smiles and it's not a :stonklol: smile

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
This episode was just alright for me dawg.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

This episode was just alright for me dawg.

It doesn't matter as long as you had a good time :)

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

hahaha holy poo poo Nate would be into Morrisey

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Chokes McGee posted:

It doesn't matter as long as you had a good time :)

I find my enjoyment of a lot of LOT eps is Usually correlated to whether or not Damian dahrk is in it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I find my enjoyment of a lot of LOT eps is Usually correlated to whether or not Damian dahrk is in it.

Me a year or two ago: oh that's neat the dude from Tin man is on arrow

Me a week ago: CAP LOOK OUT THAT'S DAMIEN DAHRK IN A BOWLER HAT AND FAKE MUSTACHE

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CainsDescendant posted:

hahaha holy poo poo Nate would be into Morrisey

Wait, did I miss something there?

And I want in the next episode Darkh trying to decide whether to listen to an Specials or English beat album.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Chokes McGee posted:

Me a week ago: CAP LOOK OUT THAT'S DAMIEN DAHRK IN A BOWLER HAT AND FAKE MUSTACHE

We know he survives into the 24th century because he managed to make it onto the Enterprise during the last Borg invasion.

Also he was M. Bison in Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li where he slipped in and out of a bad accent at random.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Chokes McGee posted:

If you weren't hyped to see Quarles with magic powers I don't know what to tell you.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Oh gently caress yes.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/legends-tomorrow-matt-ryan-return-as-series-regular-season-4-1095510

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

quote:

"We knew that an alienated, chain-smoking, bisexual, world-weary demonologist would feel right at home among our Legends," Legends showrunner Phil Klemmer told THR in October ahead of Ryan's debut on the series.

This is why Legends is the best* Aarowverse show.

*Black Lightning is the actual best show on the CW, but it's not technically part of the Aarowverse. Yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

YEEEEEEEEEES!!!

8one6 posted:

This is why Legends is the best* Aarowverse show.

*Black Lightning is the actual best show on the CW, but it's not technically part of the Aarowverse. Yet.

Its not officially an Arrowverse show until it has a character who is clearly being underused and would be saved by inexplicably finding their way onto the WaveRider.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

YEEEEEEEEEES!!!

Its not officially an Arrowverse show until it has a character who is clearly being underused and would be saved by inexplicably finding their way onto the WaveRider.

Give Gambi one of those hosed up nuclear lightning guns and send him on his way. It wraps up his plot on BL without having to kill him, and then we get a three-for on Legends of someone with lighting “powers” who isn’t Jefferson or Jennifer, you get the Stein “I can’t believe I have to deal with these idiots” old man vibe back, and the Rip Hunter “I’m keeping secrets that will get all of you killed, no doubt” groove back full time as well.

Yeah, it doesn’t fully fit your criterion because Gambi is fantastic on Black Lightning, but one can only hope, no?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
CW's DC's Legends of Tomorrow: ALL THE WARRIORS

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Bout drat time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Is it wrong that I think Sara looks kind of adorable possessed by Mallus?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

gently caress yeah Mick.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Sara pick up the totem." "Ok :downs:"

Zari was the only one who talked to Mallus but still did what she set out to do.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

This is the best news I've gotten all day :unsmith:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I hope this means that the Gary/Constantine train can continue

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style
I enjoyed Constantine listening to Gary's D&D story, which made the ending extra great.

It is so weird to see a speedster excited to use their powers to resolve immediate issues or to get things moving along quicker. As of this episode Wally has shown himself to be more competent than Barry at being a speedster. I'd say Wally should be the new Flash but then he'd be on the Flash and we all know how that goes.

I don't know why I thought it would happen this way but for some reason I was convinced Mick was gonna jam the totem into his heat gun, rather than wear it as a necklace.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Are they reliable for this sort of thing? I notice nobody's actually cited as saying it, just a "Constantine fits on the ship well" puff comment from before his cameo episodes.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I totally called it, Legends gave Wally and Jesse the proper closure to their relationship... by proxy, but whatever, that Flash punk’d out on. Like, at this point I almost think that the transition to Legends was in the cards for a while and the Flash writers were just being amazingly spiteful to the character because they know Team Legends already had much better plans in mind for him than anything they could cook up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want 44 minutes of John playing D&D.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You know that fucker always rolls natural 20s.

Though that was a dumb rear end breakup.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I want 44 minutes of John playing D&D.

The wonder of 2017-2018 is how every goddamn show has done a D&D episode and it's always good.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

twistedmentat posted:

You know that fucker always rolls natural 20s.

Constantine is totally the sort of rear end in a top hat that'd exploit being able to roll a 20 whenever he wanted. Actually kind of reminded me of the John Henry Irons AI from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles when it's playing D&D with one of its maintainers. "Have you considered it can just roll whatever number it wants?"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Wally's resolution with Jessie spread the CW Drama-itis to the ship. There's no escaping it now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Next week is all about dealing with an entire Westworld full of Avas, so I'm guessing that's tied into Rip's "SHE MUST NEVER KNOW AVA'S DARK SECRET!" bullshit from the other week. So here's hoping that comes part and parcel with her and Sara getting over Sara's dumbfuck hanging ups in a very prompt manner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

nine-gear crow posted:

Next week is all about dealing with an entire Westworld full of Avas, so I'm guessing that's tied into Rip's "SHE MUST NEVER KNOW AVA'S DARK SECRET!" bullshit from the other week. So here's hoping that comes part and parcel with her and Sara getting over Sara's dumbfuck hanging ups in a very prompt manner.

Post-Season-One Legends has been pretty drat good about not dragging out stupid inter-personal drama for the most part. It took them all of a single episode for Ray to admit to Constantine telling him to shoot Sara if Malus possessed her again. Two at the worst.