Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Part 13: Washing Over Daddy

Pokemon Gym

Whoops! The doors in this room are already open, so don't attack me! The TRAINERS of PETALBURG GYM use all kinds of items. The door at the left leads to the SPEED ROOM. The door at the right leads to the ACCURACY ROOM. The room's name will be on the door, so choose carefully. Once you've chosen the door... well, hey, go for it!

Sounds like one hell of a Gym puzzle. Welcome back to Emerald, it's daddy beating time! Now, Jim Gui's dialogue is from RS where the various trainers did use items to boost their Pokemon. However, that's changed now in Emerald, though they still use items.

Now Pokemon just use moves, so expect a lot of setup sweepers in this Gym. It's a much more natural change that I like a lot and gives a Normal Gym a pretty interesting spin. Shame it never happened again because Game Freak.

Unfortunately, all the items have been replaced by 1 Hyper Potion that every Trainer has. Bit annoying.

At the left is the CONFUSION ROOM. The right door leads to the DEFENSE ROOM.

There are 9 rooms in this Gym laid out in a diamond shape. We'll be going through the left side first.

This is a nasty strategy, Teeter Dance has 20PP and 100% accuracy and confuses all adjacent Pokemon, making it the Confuse Ray for double battles. Pretty nasty when combined with Focus Punch, but at least it's only a Spinda. Still, it's a pretty cool strat!

That doesn't sound friendly.

Holy poo poo that is super unfriendly!

I'll admit though that Wargreymon laughs at anything this Gym will try to do, so I won't use him until the end. I'm having fun with this Gym, so I won't go for the easy option.

Go on through! The GYM LEADER, your father, is waiting!

We've still got 4 more rooms left, so let's back up and go to the right side.

...did... did I get Skitty's stats instead? Doesn't look like it, Delcatty simply gets +20 to Skitty's already low stats. Which is like super bad. This Pokemon is super bad. It can use every TM under the sun like a good Normal type, but it's just so outclassed by literally everything that it's so hard to recommend. It's also a stone evolution, so it has to get moves from either being a Skitty (which you want to evolve asap because of how bad it is), or from TMs, which would work so much better on any other Pokemon. Cats are my favourite animals man, so it's sucks to see GF do me dirty like this. I'm sad now.

Yes, everyone has a Hyper Potion. Delcatty can learn a lot of moves, so it has all the guaranteed hit ones, which is a bit annoying, but nothing amazing.

The left is the DEFENSE ROOM, and the right is the RECOVERY ROOM. Your POKEMON's ATTACK power will be on trial either way.

Can you imagine how awful that must feel? I'll show you exactly how that feels!

Ow. Buddy, I know exactly how it feels.

Normally this would enrage me to no end, but, well, this is the Recovery Room and the sheer amount of ways it has to heal health is kinda hilarious.

I lost because my own efforts weren't enough. Go on! The ONE-HIT KO ROOM is next.

Alright, what kinda crazy monstrosity will I have to break through?

Ehhhhh, that's not too bad actually. It's fair enough, since no Normal type can learn Iron Defense, Acid Armor, or Barrier in Gen 3, so it's a nice breather compared to the others.

Stop that.

Now, go on! The left door goes to the STRENGTH ROOM. The right door opens to the ONE-HIT KO ROOM. Both of them have TRAINERS who are skilled at offense.

What awaits us in the final room?

I know, suffering through Slakoth was a bit rough, but the reward is absolutely worth it. Vigoroth is really fast and really strong and has a spammable move in Uproar. It will take a bit of time before you get Slash, but you shouldn't have many problems getting to that point, you'll get Strength quickly enough. It'll get the other cool physical moves like Brick Break and Shadow Ball and Earthquake and eventually Return, but for now, it's just a hard hitting Normal type. And what else do you need really? At least you're free from Truant... FOR NOW! Mwahahahaha!

Vital Spirit prevents the user from being afflicted by sleep, Yawn, or Rest. When first, it increases the chance of encountering higher-leveled Pokemon by 50%.

Well poo poo.

Look, sometimes the Wargreymon button needs to be pressed. It's an emergency.

And, I sense the same glow coming from you as your father. I hope that you'll stage a terrific battle with your father!

Here we, here we, here we loving go!

YUKI... I'm so happy that I can have a real battle with my own child. But, a battle is a battle! I will do everything in my power as a GYM LEADER to win. YUKI, you'd better give it your best shot, too!

VS Gym Leader :siren: VS DAD NORMAN :siren:

Norman/Senri: A man in pursuit of power!
Norman is very normal, wouldn't you say? Also from senryō, an Asian herb, and senri, 1000 li (Chinese mile, 1 is 500m).

That is not what I wanted to immediately happen. Facade has 70BP, 20PP and 100% accuracy that gets its power doubled to 140 when the Pokemon is posioned, paralyzed or burned. So don't do what I just did. However, the attack drop from Burn still applies, so it'll even out to 70 again.

Let's get rid of this drat thing. Fun fact: a trainer's Spinda will always have the same pattern, due to having set PIDs.

I might be in trouble here. Save me Wargreymon!

Holy poo poo look at those amazing stats. Absolutely astounding. Oh wait you've got Truant back, lol. HOWEVER, it's a testament to how good Slaking is that Truant really isn't that big a deal. Sure, it's a complete detriment in multiplayer, but very easy to work around in single player. One of those ways is Hyper Beam, an incredibly strong attack that has its charging turn while you're not doing anything anyway. You can also switch if you just obliterate the opponent and if not, you can survive a few physical hits with your massive HP and soften it up with your other attacks. Your Sp.Atk ain't too bad either, so you'll be just fine with whatever you face against. Sure, missing a turn is almost like your Attack is halved, but it just shows how good Slaking is when that's not really a big deal.

Ow. Kinda. While Wargreymon can wall Norman all day long, he actually can't do a huge amount, so I'm gonna soften Slaking up so our other team members (well, Nobunaga) have an easier time. Just need to proc the Rock Smash drops.

As you can tell, it took a while to get just one. Ugh.

A quick way to pain town is to status this thing, though you might get lucky with timely paralysis. Honestly, if I didn't have the absolute defense monster, Norman would easily rip through my team. He also has Faint Attack for Ghost types, but nothing really for Rock or Steel types.

Twas expected. Now with lowered stats, Nobunaga can easily take down Slaking, even when it gets healed to full.

...wait why didn't you heal?

Oh well, let's actually give Wargreymon a proper battle where he's not just softening something up.

There's the healing item! Well whatever, Wargreymon still has this.

It did take a while though, but it's not like Vigoroth could do much. Now, on to a real powerful player.

Oh, uh, okay, guess not then. I was expecting Linoone to use Belly Drum, so even if Nobunaga couldn't outspeed it, Ranmaru would be able to and finish it off.

It can't even kill me properly to let Ranmaru take the prize. Fine, whatever, I'll just use Nobunaga again. Sheesh.

I can't believe it. YUKI... I lost to YUKI? But, rules are rules! Here, take this.

Pokemon Gym

POKEMON that know the HM move SURF will be able to travel over water. This is my gift to you. YUKI, I'm sure you can use it correctly.

It doubles the power of moves if the POKEMON is poisoned, paralyzed, or burned. It might be able to turn a bad situation into an advantage. As the GYM LEADER, I can't express how upset I am... But as a father, it makes me both happy and a little sad. It's odd...

Please come with me. I have something I want you to have. NORMAN, you don't mind, do you? Let me borrow your YUKI for a minute or two.

We owe it all to you! When WALLY left town, you helped him catch a POKEMON, right? I think that made WALLY really happy. Actually, not just WALLY. It made me, his father, happy too. Happy that he's gained such a great friend as you. This isn't a bribe or anything, but I'd really like you to have this.

Oh baby, it has been too long. With Surf, we can do A LOT. Like, nearly two updates worth of stuff. Well, some of it we could do earlier, but it's so much more convenient to do it now.

This also gives Nobunaga a much needed power boost, as he was getting a bit stale recently. That's gonna change real soon. Also I didn't feel like going through the doors to talk to DAD again.

YUKI, you should go visit your mother every so often. I'm going to stay here and redouble my training. It would bother me as a TRAINER to not avenge my loss to you, YUKI!

Already there's some good stuff we can get. Now you might think to head straight to Route 104 and Surf south and we'll do that... later. There's some other things we need to do first.

Don't push yourself too hard, dear. You can always come home. Go for it, honey!

Compared to Gen 2, this Amulet Coin is super early. I love it!

Now we head to Mauville City.

Getting there. Our team is a little bit out of sync cause of the Gym.

Also Nimbus is eternally catching up.

Oh, I understand where you're coming from now. If I had a POKEMON that trusty, I'd want to SURF on it, too!

I'm a poor swimmer so I was practicing... sorry for almost crashing into you.

Trick House

Did someone say TRICK HOUSE?

Thankfully it's not a smashing challenge, instead it's a door puzzle! No come back it's fun, honest...

It's full of doors here! It's too small and dark in here! Help!

Iron Tail will be a real strong move for Wargreymon, but alas, it's very inaccurate.

I don't get it. How did I lose? I don't get it. How many traps are in this house? You may be the one to solve that.

We only need to press one switch to get to the scroll, so that's nice.

You... you're awful! I know I'm weak! And, I have no sense of direction!

Ugh, mail.

Now for the door. How are we gonna solve this puzzle?

Again, it's pretty drat simple.

Neat. But we got two badges, so back in we go!

Guy's getting sneaky now, but the lack of a reflection is in itself, a reflection. Actually that doesn't make any sense.

Strength puzzles! Joy!

Even though I lost, I still like battling the best! Wouldn't you agree? You would go anywhere if TRAINERS were there.

Ugh, mail.

Use my head? To, like, push the boulders? Cause I'm not smart enough for these puzzles.

Really frying the noggin here. Let's get outta here.

Hey your mushroom turned into a punching kangaroo dinosaur...? Well okay then. See, you can't really use half of your STAB, but you can absolutely use your monstrous Attack, especially when you get Sky Uppercut. There's also Sludge Bomb, Iron Tail and, uh, Headbutt? The lack of Earthquake kinda sucks, but anything you hit physically will take a lot of damage. Your other stats aren't that amazing and being weak to a lot of things is not fun. But when you hit really hard, does it matter? Actually, missing out on Spore unless you wait until 54 to evolve is pretty drat painful. But oh well, it's not like it's an amazing move or anything.

I'm getting there!!!

Alright, now let's continue on.

If you want to use a strong Water type, now's the time, since you can just Surf on a Zigzagoon until you get something better.

Boy, I wonder what Wattson's up to?

Fine! I've decided! I need a favor, YUKI! MAUVILLE CITY has an underground sector called NEW MAUVILLE. YUKI, I'd like you to go there and switch off the GENERATOR. The GENERATOR has been running a bit haywire. It's getting unsafe. Here, this is the KEY to get into NEW MAUVILLE.

The entrance to NEW MAUVILLE is just a short SURF away from Route 110. That's it, then, you have my trust! Wahahahaha!

Route 118

We'll go do that in just a sec, but there's something important here.

Hmm! We're of identical minds! Hmm! Take this GOOD ROD!

Ah good. There's some cool Pokemon we can fish up with this, so might as well get it now. Also what we get from the New Mauville quest will be very helpful for what's coming up.

Since we're on this beach, might as well beat up some trainers.

I couldn't win by training POKEMON while I fished... was I doing things in half measures?

Oh hey, it's these two! Also I stopped recording for a day and so the Sitrus trees died. I really need to stop doing that.

Now timid boy got a lot more forward in its loudness. You'll still have to rely on Uproar until you get Stomp... if Strength didn't exist. Also, with each evolution, Hyper Voice gets further and further away, but it's not a huge deal. You can still go purely physical, or mixed, pick and choose from all these TMs. Seriously, just do whatever, but it does come with the caveat of being a slow, frail, mixed attacker. That's never fun, but you'll have enough oomph in your attacks to hopefully not care about it. Hopefully.

(GABBY) Remember? That's the quote you gave us as the battle clincher last time. I never, ever forget stuff like that! Anyway, what do you think? Do you want to be interviewed again?

Gabby and Ty are like the first trainers that just travel around to be battled again. And they remember what you said last time. It's fun, if nothing particularly interesting. We'll see them again.

We better get something good from this rod!

Eh... well, if you want a quick Gyarados, then here you go. We can just fish them up later.

Lots of different fish can now be found and we must get them all.

There's also just a load of cool items to get, such as by the Winstrate's House, if you couldn't tell.

Also more to fish up. Thankfully there's nothing for us north of Lavaridge, so we won't need to bother going back up there for now.

Alright, New Mauville time!

New Mauville

Looks a bit run down. Let's press that button, I mean, Who Wouldn't?

And another one, let's push that!

So pushing the coloured switch opens that colour door. There's also items on the buttons, I wonder why?

There's four new Pokemon we can find here and HOLY MOLEY this is a 1% encounter. I was pretty drat surprised to see this.

I think that's the luckiest I'll get in this LP. Yep. Nothing crazy will happen soon, no sir. Haha.

Bzzt

I have been bamboozled.

Time to move on. You don't need to find a single Voltorb to move on in this place.

But dammit I just can't help it!

Let's finish up here.

...we're doing this now? Well, okay.

So while I wondered why Azurill exists, Wynaut is a pretty interesting Baby, not only usable by itself, but also expands on Wobbuffet's extremely shallow movepool. The addition of Shadow Tag also brings the whole thing together and makes both these Pokemon very potent. While Splash is useless and Charm is kinda useful, Encore is something that makes this evolution line really work, easing prediction and letting enemies get countered much more consistently. This is great... for multiplayer. Do not use this in single player, it's fun for a bit, but then it gets pretty boring. Still, this is what Baby Pokemon are used for, to get some sweet stuff for their much more usable evolutions.

Shadow Tag is such an amazing ability that plays into the Wobbuffet line's strengths, preventing opponents from switching, unless through a move, or Run Away or a Smoke Ball. However, a Pokemon with Shadow Tag can be trapped by Shadow Tag, creating a hilarious endless battle with two Wobbuffet with Leftovers.

Very nice. Only one Pokemon in the Hoenn Dex requires this, which makes my life much easier and less hacky. Only very slightly, still plenty of hack.

So what was this powering if it's fine to just switch off no problem?

This is my thanks--a TM containing THUNDERBOLT! Go on, you've earned it!

It pleases me to no end to see the young step up and take charge!

Ranmaru really needed this upgrade. Curse ORAS for making that quest postgame... Anyway, next time, it's surfing time, all around west Hoenn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You sure had a lot of trouble with Norman. Not like that's surprising, Normal-type Gym Leaders are always painful, but I'm amazed you had that much trouble with Spinda of all Pokemon.

I nearly always start with Torchic so having a Fighting type here makes it a lot easier. And even in my mono-Grass I had Breloom instead. Hoenn gives choices for Fighting-types!

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I didn't notice this until now, but its kinda weird how Delcatty's sprite has what looks like a paw print on its forehead. This doesn't appear on any other depiction of it.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

That Facade is an unexpectedly good move, especially in postgame (and later games) where you've got access to guaranteed-status items. Things like the Toxic Orb or the Flame Orb will inflict the relevant status effect on its holder in the first turn. Sounds lovely, right? But with abilities like Breloom and Gliscor's Poison Heal, Jolteon's Quick Feet, Zangoose's Toxic Boost, and Swellow's Guts, you can turn that into a very powerful (if time-limited) bonus. Combine that with Facade getting boosted to a whopping 140 base power (and Guts doubling your attack) when you've got a status effect and you can turn into an absolute monster for the few turns you're on the field before the effect kills you.

Breloom is also an unexpectedly good pokemon. You really can't go wrong with a whopping 130 attack and access to Fighting type moves, but its supporting abilities really sell it. I mentioned Poison Heal above - that restores an appreciable 1/8th of Breloom's HP per turn if you can get it poisoned. Pair that with Leech Seed and you can get some pretty groovy per-turn health regen going on. Breloom's hidden ability is Technician, which increases the power of low-power (ie <60) moves by 50%. On its own that doesn't sound too great, but a lot of special effect moves have lower power and benefit from this. Off the top of my head she can take Mach Punch for a priority move and Rock Tomb for surprise coverage against her main weaknesses, with both having additional effects and benefiting from Technician. She also has access to Spore, which is bar none the best sleeping move in the game. With access to Seed Bomb, Sky Uppercut, Brick Break, Spore, Stone Edge, and Swords Dance, Breloom is actually pretty versatile.

Carvanha and Sharpedo are also pretty decent, if fragile. They really benefit from the physical/special split so they're not that great in Hoenn. Water/Dark is unique typing that's not weak to many of the big threats, so that's points in favour. They both have Rough Skin for their main ability, which damages the attacker for 1/8th (1/16th in Hoenn) of their HP when a contact move hits. In Gen4 onwards you can stack that with a held item called Rocky Helmet that damages attackers for 1/6th of their HP on contact, for a combined damage of about 30% just for touching the shark. Unfortunately the shark is pretty fragile with pitifully low defense and special defense paired with mediocre HP, so you'll only get one or two uses out of the gimmick. I bet it'd be hilarious to use on NPC trainers though. More importantly, Sharpedo's hidden ability is Speed Boost, which is goddamn fantastic. Speed Boost increases the user's speed by one stage, every turn, which means after just one turn Sharpedo will outspeed almost everything and after two turns Sharpedo will outspeed literally everything. Unfortunately, Sharpedo doesn't have access to Baton Pass to use that to setup other pokemon, but it does have Protect to guarantee that first speed boost. Speed Boost, plus Sharpedo's solid mixed attacking stats and typing, means he can just murder poo poo all day, every day, as long as somebody doesn't hit him with Mach Punch or something.

Wynaut and Wobbuffet are both hilarious 'mons to use, nothing but a pile of HP and Counter, all day, every day. Shadow Tag prevents the opponent from switching out, and access to Destiny Bond (to gib you both in three turns) just clinches the whole ensemble into a beautiful blue shitpost. Unfortunately they're also one-trick ponies, being a living shitpost is all they can do, so if your opponent is halfway competent he won't fall for your poo poo. Unless you make him fall for it with Encore :getin:

Radio Free Kobold fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Mar 14, 2018

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS
Facade got much more usable with the addition of hidden abilities, in my opinion.

What's that? My Gliscor heals off of poison? And I can give it a Toxic Orb to make sure it starts battle poisoned? Meaning it can't have burn, paralysis, sleep, or freeze affecting it, but it still gets a 140 power normal move? Sign me up!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Norman gets a very rude trick in ORAS, even more rude than Facade.

Retaliate.

a BP 70 move that doubles to 140 if your pokemon fainted in the previous turn. Also Slaking can always attack the turn he comes in.

Norman has two Slakings in ORAS.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Thadius posted:

Facade got much more usable with the addition of hidden abilities, in my opinion.

What's that? My Gliscor heals off of poison? And I can give it a Toxic Orb to make sure it starts battle poisoned? Meaning it can't have burn, paralysis, sleep, or freeze affecting it, but it still gets a 140 power normal move? Sign me up!

It takes some doing (or some hacking) to get a Gliscor with its hidden ability, but it's definitely worth the trouble. Between Roost and Poison Heal it's extremely hard to kill, and even without any attacking EVs a STAB Earthquake will still gently caress you up. Combine that with its typing (only prominent metagame weakness is Scald) and a poison heal Gliscor is a very, very annoying beast to deal with. Throw in Toxic to take advantage of its stalling potential and you've got a very solid 'mon. A good friend of mine has a Poison Heal Gliscor that he's sprung on me every time we've battled and its turned certain victory into loss at least three times.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That battle was quite the slog.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I don't have any recollection of getting an amulet coin from MOM after Norman's gym. :psyduck:

Then again, it'd be easy to miss if you never went back to see her, since she doesn't have any side functions like GSC mom did.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Kurieg posted:

Norman gets a very rude trick in ORAS, even more rude than Facade.

Retaliate.

a BP 70 move that doubles to 140 if your pokemon fainted in the previous turn. Also Slaking can always attack the turn he comes in.

Norman has two Slakings in ORAS.

It does gently caress you up, but the 3D animation for Retaliate is so goddamn amazing it makes up for it.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Kikas posted:

It does gently caress you up, but the 3D animation for Retaliate is so goddamn amazing it makes up for it.

So you charge the guy, chop him in half, and cherry blossoms blow in the wind? That's samurai as hell :allears:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

Radio Free Kobold posted:

So you charge the guy, chop him in half, and cherry blossoms blow in the wind? That's samurai as hell :allears:

The way people were first introduced to it was also cool as hell, cause in XY, it's one of the more standard moves you'll see on Honedge (or Doublade) who's a loving sword. It looks exactly like you think it does.

Now, with Slaking being a bigass sloth, it looks like loving punches you in half, which is bad rear end in it's own way.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
I tried using Protect against Slaking once to game the system, and it works, but my pelican using it had such pathetically weak damage output that Protect could have had three times the PP and I still wouldn't have had enough to wall it out.

That Nuzlocke webcomic lied to me. It lied to us all.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

if you're gonna protect-stall, you really ought to toxic it first. but then, uh, then you've inflicted a status effect on a facade slaking :rip:

that and this early in you really don't have the tools to make stalling work. you need rest/sleeptalk or roost or aqua ring or leftovers or something, as well as toxic or guaranteed poison (poison gas?) or maybe will o' wisp.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Radio Free Kobold posted:

if you're gonna protect-stall, you really ought to toxic it first. but then, uh, then you've inflicted a status effect on a facade slaking :rip:

that and this early in you really don't have the tools to make stalling work. you need rest/sleeptalk or roost or aqua ring or leftovers or something, as well as toxic or guaranteed poison (poison gas?) or maybe will o' wisp.

I've done assorted gimmick runs of the RSE titles and my go to answer is, of all things, Dustox.
It learns protect at level 17 and you can get Toxic out of the fiery path. Protect-Toxic-Protect-Attack repeat as needed. Truant ensures you're absolutely safe!
Waste of Toxic...perhaps. But all the runs where I used Dustox were well after i'd ever use toxic "for real" in a gen 3 game.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
I love me some Breloom. I have a shiny one that I've been using for a generation or two now as my official Catcher :allears:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I think Facade is more dangerous than Retaliate since the latter is only a one trick pony that can be wasted on a HM slave... if the AI even goes for it. At least you can control when you status something. The second I clicked Secret Power I went, poo poo, is it gonna proc? And then it did and I nearly got wrecked.

It is hilarious seeing a Slaking use Retaliate, though.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I have to agree with Facade>Retaliate. Because lets face it, if you got Facade, you're likely comboing it with Poison Heal/Toxic Orb, Guts/Burn Orb, etc. And by god it'll hurt like a motherfucker on the latter. Specially with something like a Conkeldurr or Raticate.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Facade is definitely more dangerous than Retaliate, yeah. Retaliate is a nasty surprise and it can give you some real momentum, say, knocking out a specific enemy 'mon, but it requires a very specific precondition and is kinda a one-off. Versus Facade, man, you can get status effects on anything these days and so you can proc that sweet bonus for as long as you want. Normal types are reliable, if not exceptional, and as Kemix said you can pair it with an ability like Poison Heal or Guts to build a whole 'mon around it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Wait, did you wind up doing the OHKO room?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Wait, did you wind up doing the OHKO room?

Yup, it's the one before the leader. Strength was the Swords Dance Zangoose, OHKO was the Focus Energy Vigoroth.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's kind of a misnomer, I'm not sure why it isn't the Critical Room, OHKO Room makes me think they'll break out Horn Drill and other moves of the same kind.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

This would have been an excellent place for No Guard Fissure Machamps if they existed back in Gen III.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Part 14: Glittering Waves

Route 115

Welcome back. Fishing still sucks, but there's more to catch with it.

Like smiley whale.

Did you know there's a secret area on Route 115?

Lots of trainers, of course. I think we can get a double battle if we line this up right...

poo poo. I headed down too late, but oh well.

Ranmaru's got a much needed power boost. But you know what he needs?

Another power boost! Crazy how Ranmaru has become fully evolved while Wargreymon has yet to evolve once.

Your psychic nuke dancer has fully evolved and yeah, that is one hell of a Sp.Atk. Shame it only has two moves to really use it on. Seriously, Ranmaru has his moveset finished until literally the end of the game, since I didn't bother with Kirlia's Magical Leaf. If you don't give it Thunderbolt, it'll be completely useless against Dark types, so thankfully the Sandile line doesn't exist yet. Also thankfully it learned Psychic earlier, instead of being at level 60 like Dream Eater is. That would've been super rough. So yeah, Gardevoir only does like two things, taking and dishing special damage, but it does those two things REALLY WELL.

If you insist mate.

So long as they seek power, I will grow strong with them!

That wasn't a Machop mate.

Ew, herbal medicine. I'll only bother with Revival Herbs, since the other medicines are just worse versions of the regular items. Sure, they're cheaper, but no need to lower happiness unless I have to.

"Let me keep you company!"

Let's have a nice single battle with this old man.

NANI?

Isn't it weird this Pokemon's cry is literally "Hariyama" when that's not its Japanese name? Well anyway, Vital Throw is gonna hit really hard with that Attack cause the move it learns on evolution is, uh, Smellingsalt. Yeah, I forget that's a move too. Brick Break is still a while off, so pick the best physical moves and go from there. Don't get cocky with that high HP though, its defenses really drag them down, it just means it takes longer for the HP bar to go down. Also give it Rock Tomb so it can hit levitating Ghosts. the Baltoy line fucks you up though.

lolling at my physical wall getting OHKOed by a Fighting move.

Hmm... a loss this thorough has been a distant memory. If you would allow it, I wish for another opportunity to do battle. There is no such thing as a born genius. It all depends on effort! That is what I believe...

But my POKEMON were ultra, weren't they?

Is the way to the grass blocked off?

Nah, there's a gap on the left there, see?

Calm down you two.

Oh, well. I think I will TELEPORT home.

I rarely meet anyone who's better than me... I get it now! You're a GYM LEADER, aren't you?

Ooh, good poo poo. Kelpsy Berries do nothing... in RS! In Emerald a few berries got changed and can lower a Pokemon's EVs of a certain stat by 10 while increasing a Pokemon's friendship. In the Kelpsy's case, it lowers the Attack EV.

Mach Bike is love, Mach Bike is life. Now please stop dying easily, Wargreymon.

This is the first time we've encountered grass on this route. For a good reason, there's some unique Pokemon here!

In RS you got no indication at all that the Jigglypuff line was in the Hoenn Dex, since, unlike in Emerald, no trainers used Wigglytuff.

There is also a birb.

Well now that we have both recipients of the Moon Stone, what are we gonna use it on?

The Hoenn denizen of course. And there we go. Since Lunatone is Sapphire only, we cannot get anymore Moon Stones for the rest of the game. Today's Side Notes are all about held items and it's a fun one, like always.

Hey, while I'm thinking about it, there's some Pokemon we should evolve, specifically ones we won't be encountering either for a long time or, well, ever. Linky thing here, including the writeups of the new stuff!

I did forget what level Spoink evolved at, so we'll wait on it for now and do Abra instead. I didn't notice it was holding this, I don't check every Pokemon I catch. Very useful, since we can't get this item otherwise, but more details in the Side Notes (what a coincidence!)

We will, however, go over Shedinja in a Mini Notes, since it's a special case.

Oh yeah, I hacked in another Moon Stone, so we don't need to think about that item for the rest of the LP! Yay! But what about Igglybuff? Well, Ditto isn't in the Hoenn Dex, so it looks like we'll need to do breeding the old-fashioned way, as much as I don't want to. However, if you remember the big breeding write up I did last LP *cough cough*, then I either need to get another Pokemon of the same species with a different gender (nah), or a Pokemon of the opposite gender but same Egg group. The second one is more likely, but, uh, requires the Pokemon I want to breed to be female.

So now that Wigglytuff is female, let's get breeding. We'll check in next update.

Alright, let's finally head to Route 105, we've done everything that we can for now.

Though hey, since the encounter rate of this area is pretty high, we can get a Pelipper at a 5% rate on the water, so why not go for it. Saves me evolving it later.

Nope, that's a Wingull.

That is also a Wingull. C'mon, how rare is a 5% encounter? Shouldn't be that hard to find one.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

So yeah, that was a shiny. See, I use the emulator speedup when I don't see the silhouette I want, so it wasn't until it sparkled that I saw I had a fuckin shiny Wingull. Now I hope you don't think this is all an act, sure I can hack in shinies whenever I drat please, but because I can do that and manipulate the game to my will, I don't feel like I need to feign surprise when I come across an honest to god actual random shiny. And of course it had to be the poster child of Hoenn.

So yeah, we'll get a Pelipper this way. He's gonna be a Contest star, but we'll figure out the details when we get to that point.

Some people hate this line for being everywhere, but they shouldn't, cause it's pretty great. It can spam Surf all day, which is very appreciated in this game, as well as getting a good Flying move in Wing Attack. As in good for Flying, obviously it's a crap move, but whatever. Add in Ice Beam and... wait this line can learn Shock Wave? How have I just noticed it, that's amazing. Anyway, it'll be good for HMs and it can dish out some damage, so overall it's a good birb. Also, with Protect and Toxic is laughs in Slaking's face, but it won't do much aside from that.

Okay I think this is the last mon we need to fish for this update. Oh god Feebas is next.

Hey, hey! Why the hell are there TWO physical Water/Dark types in this gen? I think GF are loving idiots. Anyway, like Carvanha, Corphish will get an alright Sp.Atk to work with instead of its amazing Attack, but hey what else is new? Also its move levels got changed ever so slightly in FRLG for... some reason? ANYWAY, early Bubblebeam is pretty nice and then you get... Knock Off. Not even Bite, but you will learn Crunch... at level 43. For fucks sake. Okay, it can learn a fair few TMs to at least abuse its Attack, Sludge Bomb, Aerial Ace, Rock Tomb, all the good stuff. It even learns Swords Dance so you can pretend you've got better STAB without using it. Just another mixed messaging mon, the split seriously cannot come soon enough.

Surfing

"It's so peaceful..."

At least this track is good, cause we're gonna be hearing it A LOT. Also Swimmers. So many Swimmers.

Now here's the dealio, there's a lot of water routes in this game. There's also a lot of Swimmers and various trainers with Water Pokemon. Now I could show you every single trainer as we go from one to the other with LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE HAPPENING. But that's not too interesting for me, or you. So guess what, we're gonna be skipping over a fair few of them. Thankfully, there are some interesting things along the way which we'll go over in full.

Like sandy islands. We'll take it. The trainers are still uninteresting though, but we will be seeing a couple of new Pokemon here and there. Just a couple.

Begone, Tackle.

There are also some really obvious Emerald trainers around that I might go over, depends how I'm feeling.

I lost because I battled at sea. Yeah, for me, the sky is a much better match than the sea.

Yes... I am no good at battling... Huh? I'm so weak, but you're willing to register me in your POKENAV? I'm sure there are many secrets to be discovered in the world's seas. I mean to find them all!

Neat, sea booty.

You see why I got the Thunderbolt TM? It's SO GOOD.

Second giant rock, as interesting as the first.

I'm never skipping over important advice. Stay safe, kids.

You had your turn and you missed it.

We're back on Dewford Island, which has some super important stuff for us.

Granite Cave

Let's explore up here.

Smooth as silk.

Did you guys want a second hidden Everstone? No? Okay then.

What other exciting things has this cave got for us?

Oh yeah, rock smashing. :sigh:

It allows me to finally get a Geodude. Seriously, I couldn't find one when I first got here and then every rock I smashed didn't give one either. Well whatever, got one now.

We can also find Nosepass here at a 30% rate. This is terrible because you have to go up and down ladders to refresh them. I'm surprised I found one so quickly, since I wasn't looking forward to this.

To the town hall!

Hunh? You're telling me that you don't know about SLUDGE BOMB? That's outright pitiful. I'll give you one.

But POKEMON with the move "ALONE GROUP" are in, too.

Sludge Bomb is a fantastic physical attack that, uh, none of our team can learn. Nice. The saying changed too, I like it.

Surfing

Back to it on Route 107.

Hmm, have I forgotten to show something off? Well the answer is always yes, somehow.

Oh yeah, now that we've beaten daddy, trainers with a symbol by their name are ready to be rematched. I won't bother, since there's PLENTY of exp to go around. I wish my next team member wasn't so far away, as we're gonna get overlevelled, which is never fun.

(LISA) We challenge you as a sister and brother!

(LISA) Awesome. You're in a different class of tough. Do you have any friends who would go to the beach with you?

(RAY) My sister gave me my POKEMON. I raised it, and now it's my important partner!

Nobunaga needed Take Down, but Nimbus doesn't, since Secret Power is fine for now.

Hey guys there's a lot of Swimmers in this game.

Sounds spooky, let's go!

Abandoned Ship

How is every music track so good? It boggles the mind. Let's explore all that's here, a lot of cabins, a lot of items and a lot of trainers.

Not just curious, but also strong... You're such a tough TRAINER! Let me register you as a memento! The man next door... he says he's just sightseeing, but I don't know about that.

Oh, you're not my mom. I'm in trouble with my mom, so I ran. Keep it a secret where I am!

Down into the deck! Or whatever it is, I don't really know ship areas.

We need to get in here asap.

"How about a quick battle?"

Hello there wonderful ball child. While those are not stats you want to be lugging around until level 32, you'll at least have the moves for it. Ice Ball can get wildly out of control (though Defense Curl is FRLG for... some reason) and Aurora Beam is not far away. Basically, any Ice move that's not Ice Beam is in Spheal's moveset, which is pretty rad. Only Water Gun for the other STAB, but, uh, Surf. And that's it, no other special moves aside from STAB, but you can learn Iron Tail and Earthquake, even now, so that's pretty cool. Stats will become more impressive later on, but it's setting up for something pretty cool here. The fair few weaknesses aren't great, but that's some good STAB.

The ship's bottom has sunk into the depths. If a POKEMON knew how to go underwater, we might make some progress...

Ugh, diving. Dive Balls are pretty neat, giving a 3.5x boost to Pokemon found underwater. Gonna be a while before we can use it though.

Whoa, you overwhelmed me! It's not easy throwing POKE BALLS while hanging on to an inner tube!

These ambushes are pretty mean. Oh well, exp.

Walking around barefoot in this ship is kinda gross.

In a cabin somewhere on board, I saw something sparkle.

"But we discovered a TRAINER instead!"

(DAN) While searching for treasures, we discovered a TRAINER!

Oh hey it's that good move. Tail Glow has 20PP and raises Special Attack by 2 stages, which is amazing. While Illumise was supposed to be the special attacker of the two, this single move makes Volbeat better than her in every way.

(KIRA) Where could the treasures be? I've already decided what I'm buying when we find the treasures!

(DAN) We couldn't win even though we worked together... We can't find any treasures... I wonder if someone got them already?

Alright, what else is there?

Hmm, bummer dude.

Yoink!

Yessssssssssssssss

Now Nobunaga is much better, which is great, cause this is another item GF put postgame in ORAS. Yuck.

Surfing

Back to the water.

Here we go, level 32 for Wargreymon.

Ugh.

I love quadruped dinos, so Lairon is my 3rd favourite Pokemon. That stat boost is real nice, becoming a defensive monster and really being able to smack things around. Shame its movepool sucks, but we have all the important stuff for it already. The only move it'll learn before it evolves again is Protect, which is eh, so just keep hitting things with Rock Tomb and Iron Tail, it's the best you got for now. Otherwise, uh, yeah, just keep being awesome and stay away from like every Water, Fighting and Ground move ever.

Shouting is good for me! It uplifts me!

Since I'm at sea like this, I wouldn't mind putting on a pink, frilly swimsuit...

Alright, our team is shaping up, so let's get going.

Nearly finished with this surfing adventure. In the Abandoned Ship, we could've found a Tentacruel in the water with a 1% chance. gently caress that.

I'm cool even in defeat, hey? For a guy as macho as me, a port is the perfect setting! I guess I'll head for SLATEPORT.

This dude just lost one... This dude thinks you're a big one. No, you're a big-one-to-be!

Last bit of item hoovering.

Same. We're back on the mainland now and there's just a couple more things to do next time before we finally head to east Hoenn.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Side Notes 06: Holding Out for Held Items

Since we've come across a few examples, let's talk about all the different held items Pokemon have. Now, there's no trading from previous generations and no wacky percentages, just a 5%, 50% or 100% chance a Pokemon will be holding an item when you catch it. There's two different tables for RSE and FRLG and it'll include Pokemon that can't be found in the wild in that game, but are programmed with items anyway. Gen 2 did that on occasion.

Also the ability Compoundeyes is rad, boosting each category by 50% of its value, so we have a 7.5%, 75% and, well, 100% chance of a Pokemon holding an item. If it can hold an item, of course. So without further ado, let's go over the RSE list for Pokemon you can catch in those games, going in National Dex order. You don't want to? Too bad! Here we go!!!

First up is Pikachu, with a 5% chance of holding a Light Ball, or a 50% chance of an Oran Berry. Immediately that's something to talk about as the Light Ball can only be obtained this way. There are also items that can only be obtained by rematching trainers over and over, but we'll go over those in another Side Notes, if you were curious. The Light Ball doubles Pikachu's Special Attack and, when held by either parent in Emerald, allows Pichu to know the move Volt Tackle when it hatches. This is the only way to know this move.

Sandshrew has a 5% chance of having a Quick Claw, Vulpix have a 100% chance of holding a Rawst Berry, Abra have a 5% chance of holding a Twistedspoon, the only way to obtain this item (lucky me!), Geodude and Graveler have a 5% chance of holding an Everstone, which we already have two of, Magnemite and Magneton have a 5% chance of holding a Metal Coat, which you can only find this way, have no need for in Hoenn and two can be found in FRLG anyway, so there's no need. Doduo and Dodrio have a 5% chance of holding a Sharp Beak, which cannot be obtained otherwise, Grimer has a 5% chance of holding a Nugget and Koffing has a 5% chance of holding a Smoke Ball, which we already have.

Horsea has a 5% chance of holding a Dragon Scale, which is annnoying as you can only find it on it and wild Bagon, whereas you get two in FRLG. Staryu has a 5% chance of holding a Star Piece and a 50% chance of holding Stardust. Both can be found in and around. Ditto has a 5% chance of holding Metal Powder, which doubles its Defense stat and cannot be obtained otherwise. Oh no, whatever will we do. Mew has a 100% chance of holding a Lum Berry. Neat! Chinchou has a 5% chance of holding a Yellow Shard, which can be traded for a Thunderstone. We only need one for the Hoenn Dex, which we already have, and you can find two shards normally, so you don't need to get searching, even if you wanted to then get a Jolteon. Girafarig have a 5% chance of holding a Pecha Berry and Shuckle have a 100% chance of holding an Oran Berry.

Corsola have a 5% chance of holding a Red Shard, which can be traded for a Fire Stone. You only need one for the Hoenn Dex, which we have and the remaining two, if you want to evolve past that, can be found underwater, so you have no need to search for these. Miltank have a 100% chance of holding Moomoo Milk and I'm super salty about this. Ho-oh has a 100% chance of holding a Sacred Ash and can only be obtained in Emerald, so you have to trade to get it in RS and there's a second one you can obtain on Navel Rock, as well as temporarily in the Battle Pyramid. Poochyena and Mightyena have a 5% chance of holding a Pecha Berry, while Zigzagoon has a 5% chance of holding an Oran Berry. Linoone have a 5% chance of holding a Sitrus Berry and a 50% chance of holding an Oran Berry.

Whismur and Loudred have a 5% chance of holding a Chesto Berry and Hariyama have a 5% chance of holding a King's Rock, which can be found later, have no use for the Hoenn Dex and two can be found in FRLG anyway. Skitty have a 5% chance of holding a Leppa Berry, while Aron and Lairon have a 5% chance of holding a Hard Stone, which we already have. Roselia have a 5% chance of holding a Poison Barb, which cannot be obtained otherwise. Gulpin has a 5% chance of holding a Big Pearl, which are only good to sell and can be found plenty otherwise. Numel have a 5% chance of holding a Rawst Berry, while Spinda has a 5% chance of holding a Chesto Berry.

Trapinch have a 5% chance of holding a Soft Sand, which we already have and Cacnea have a 5% chance of holding a Poison Barb, so at least they can be found in Emerald. Lunatone have a 5% chance of holding a Moon Stone, while Solrock have a 5% chance of holding a Sun Stone. As we've already seen, you need two Moon Stones for the Hoenn Dex and in Emerald and Ruby, you can only get one, period. And if you want to complete the National Dex, you'll need to obtain 3 more. The Sun Stone, meanwhile, is only needed once in the Hoenn Dex, you get one later on and only need another one to complete the National Dex, so you can do that in Ruby and Emerald, but not in Sapphire. It's pretty dumb, but oh well, hacking gives no fucks.

Castform have a 100% chance of holding a Mystic Water, which can't be obtained otherwise, Kecleon have a 5% chance of holding a Pecha Berry, Shuppet, Banette, Duskull and Dusclops have a 5% chance of holding a Spell Tag, which cannot be obtained otherwise. Clamperl have a 5% chance of holding a Blue Shard, which become Water Stones. We need two for the Hoenn Dex and we can get four overall from shards and stones, so you need to find one more shard to complete the National Dex. Relicanth have a 5% chance of holding a Green Shard, which become Leaf Stones. Again, we need two for the Hoenn Dex and can find three stones overall, but to complete the National, you will need to find one more shard. Luvdisc have a 50% chance of holding a Heart Scale, so it becomes easier to grind with Compoundeyes. Finally, Bagon have a 5% chance of holding a Dragon Scale. As a final gently caress you, Jirachi has a 100% chance of holding a Star Piece. Hilarious.

Now for the Pokemon that can't be obtained normally in RSE, but do have items they wouldn't have if they could be found in FRLG. Let's go!

Sandslash has a 5% chance of holding a Quick Claw, whereas it has a 5% chance of a Soft Sand in FRLG. Cleffa, Clefairy and Clefable have a 50% chance of holding a Leppa Berry, whereas their 5% chance of a Moon Stone is retained in FRLG. Similarly, Vulpix and Ninetales have a 50% chance of a Rawst Berry in FRLG, probably to keep berries rarer. Poliwhirl, Poliwrath and Politoed have a 5% chance of holding a King's Rock, same with Slowpoke, Slowbro and Slowking. Mr. Mime has a 5% chance of holding a Leppa Berry, while Smoochum and Jynx have a 100% chance of holding an Aspear Berry and Magby and Magmar have a 100% chance of holding a Rawst Berry. Guess Elekid and Electabuzz wasn't good enough for a Cheri Berry.

Snorlax has a 100% chance of holding Leftovers, instead of a 100% chance of a Chesto Berry in FRLG, while Dratini, Dragonair and Dragonite have a 5% chance of holding a Dragon Scale, instead of Dragonair and Dragonite having a 5% chance of holding a Dragon Fang. Pichu has a 5% chance of holding an Oran Berry and Sneasel has a 5% chance of holding a Quick Claw. And that's it. Wasn't that fun kids? It better be, cause who knows when the next Side Notes will be?

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 16, 2018

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Man, I keep on forgetting the Abandoned Ship exists; never even went there in my AS playthough. Also, congratulations on the shiny!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Highly suggest listening to the abandoned ship's theme! It's very good.
The abandoned ship also one of the few areas which got a total overhaul, becomming a pokemon reserve called "Sea Mauville", a layout change to go with and depressing backstory! It's a pretty cool place
the remakes are so weird. Faithfully recreating RS (specifically rs!) in 90% of the cases and then going totally off the rails on other things.

Also, god, the stone situation in this game. YOu mentioned it a few times but i just want to underline they made it impossible to get more than one moon stone in ruby & emerald. One single stone! ONE. WHY
And it's not like Sapphire (or FRLG, for that matter) are much better because then you have to deal with solely stealing things off Lunatone (Clefairy) which is a terrible mechanic! not helped that at absolute most, in a late game portion of meteor falls, you can only run tino them 35% of the time. Most of the other times its 10-25% with the rest being Zubats.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
You should name the Pelipper Vlasic.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS
Ah yes, the typical backtracking one does when you can use surf. It's much more noticeable when half the region is made of water, to fit in with the theme of land and water clashing.

I'm glad that Gamefreak eventually did away with HM's and HM slaves. Now we just ride Pokemon around. And the only spot taken up by useless 'mon is your level whatever pickup artist.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I like HMs (well, Defog and Flash can rot in hell), but I might be biased since my favourite region is Sinnoh.

We'll be deciding on Pelipper's nickname when we also decide what it's contest category and moves will be, so that's at least 5 updates away. Probably.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
Oh hey, a shiny Wingull! I think my first shiny was one of those. Unfortunately I thought it was a glitch for some reason (there were sort-of extenuating circumstances here, and also I was 8 or thereabouts), so I just ran away and only found out later that I'd missed out on something so rare.

On a more upbeat note, my favourite stupid thing Shedinja can learn is Final Gambit in Gen 5. It's a move that KOs the user and lowers the enemy's HP by the damage you did to yourself. On a Pokemon with 1HP, that's an...interesting strategy.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crosspeice posted:

Another power boost! Crazy how Ranmaru has become fully evolved while Wargreymon has yet to evolve once.

It's well known that girls grow up faster than boys. Seriously, why is the Ralts line 50/50 gender ratio?

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon

Crosspeice posted:

Taillow is a good birb, if nothing special.

what do you call a cotton birb?

Oh yeah, steel birb is a 5% encounter.

Here's a basic birb that hits pretty hard with Normal and Flying moves

There is also a birb.

so overall it's a good birb.

So do you have like some kind of agenda or

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Tentacruel's cool and all but I kinda wish there was something truly exclusive to be encountered in the Abandoned Ship. I always like seeing what kind of new species can be found in interesting areas so when they have nothing new it makes me a bit disappointed. On a related note I like catching at least one Pokemon in every area of interest sometimes I hold of on catching Pokemon found elsewhere just so I can make sure I have something from that area.

The bike puzzle in Granite Cave is neat but the prize is kind of a letdown. It could have been a TM or a rare stone or something.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

magikid posted:

they're good birbs, magikarp

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

good birb is good

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
drat dude, there's gotta be some kind of Emerald LP blessing. First Red Chocobo with the Chinchou, and now you get a Wingull. That's pretty awesome!

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

It looks like the two name explanations are switched here.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

BlazeEmblem posted:

It looks like the two name explanations are switched here.

Oh yeah, they are. Oh well.

magikid posted:

lmao, I was thinking I was using it a bit too often, but it's too hard to stop, I'm sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how this game switches up its double battles. You've got some pincer attacks but also just some pairs hanging out.

• Locked thread