Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Guy A. Person posted:

Yea I laughed out loud at the detail that she had to run all the way up the spiral staircase, cause she hadn't learned to run up walls

Well apparently the writers did too because the effort exhausted them so much that we have another break lol

It’s not the writers, it’s everyone in post production busting their asses to get 23 visual effects heavy shows out the door on time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Koalas March posted:

Maybe Star is actually Flint. That would... Make a lot of sense.

Star City kind of has to be on the West coast seeing as the Queen's Gambit sailed from there to the South China Sea, which could be possible if it was somewhere else but I kind of doubt they would have gone through all that inconvenience.

On an unrelated note I had something weird happen when watching through the app. Like halfway through the episode the commercials just stopped and every time it went to break it instead just came right back.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I think Iris got to be the Flash longer than Wally.

Also disappointed Cisco didn't make a second Spider-man 2 reference when Wells suggested drowning the fire.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if they even know Wally has joined the Legends.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

AlliedBiscuit posted:

It’s not the writers, it’s everyone in post production busting their asses to get 23 visual effects heavy shows out the door on time.

Yeah I was just joking. Also I thought this was specifically the time of year we always have multiple 2-3 week breaks because they are trying to space stuff out for sweeps anyway. One year they just did like a 6-7 week break and it was brutal

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nooneofconsequence posted:

I think Iris got to be the Flash longer than Wally.

Also disappointed Cisco didn't make a second Spider-man 2 reference when Wells suggested drowning the fire.

A self-sustaining critical fusion reaction is far from the worst thing that's been dumped in the Hudson/

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I liked the Iris story this episode and one moment I haven't seen mentioned yet but really appreciated was the slow zoom in on Barry thrust into Iris' role and just freezing and panicking. There have been a couple scenes where she's shown to make hard decisions quickly in times of crisis.

They better kill melting point in the next episode because holy poo poo is his power OP. Why not use him to start stripping powers from the metas in Iron Heights and giving them to cops/govt agents? He'll still have a huge target on his back even after DeVoe has an aneurysm and dies while Team Flash is playing 4 dimensional chess in a force field prison or whatever dumb gimmick he uses to slowly kill them for an entire episode in the finale.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

pile of brown posted:

I liked the Iris story this episode and one moment I haven't seen mentioned yet but really appreciated was the slow zoom in on Barry thrust into Iris' role and just freezing and panicking. There have been a couple scenes where she's shown to make hard decisions quickly in times of crisis.

They better kill melting point in the next episode because holy poo poo is his power OP. Why not use him to start stripping powers from the metas in Iron Heights and giving them to cops/govt agents? He'll still have a huge target on his back even after DeVoe has an aneurysm and dies while Team Flash is playing 4 dimensional chess in a force field prison or whatever dumb gimmick he uses to slowly kill them for an entire episode in the finale.

He's gonna touch Devoe but at this point Devoe has too many powers so it'll overload him and then Devoe will off him.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

They should just let Iris be the Flash from now on and let Barry be her love interest who doesn't get many storylines.

Then hand the show over to the Black Lightning showrunners.

Show improved 200%.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You didnt have to give me back my powers Iris. No she totally did cause you’d be a mopey bitch forever and probably turn into Savitar again.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Invalid Validation posted:

You didnt have to give me back my powers Iris. No she totally did cause you’d be a mopey bitch forever and probably turn into Savitar again.

Also, the show is called The Flash, not The Flash No Not That One The Other One.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Does it matter if the Flash is a black woman? Joe even called her The Flash? I mean besides racists anyways.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
They should have named her "The Streak" just to keep that around. Especially since it was Iris who first coined it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I liked the purple speed force better too. Barry should have just given up the powers anyways since the speed force is gonna be pissed he left his prison without asking first.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Just rig him up to Harry's machine from season 2 with all of the chemicals and replicate the experiment again. Hey maybe they'll get lucky like Wally and Jesse did and Harry can score some of that sweet speed force. Or the other members of team flash can double down on powers.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
At the very least they should have had the guy steal the powers from everyone they have locked up in No Lunch Gitmo and maybe transfer them into people less inclined to be crazy.

And didn't Killer Frost have this whole arc about not wanting her powers and trying to figure out a way to cure her and now there's a literal walking solution to that as a junior member of the team? Surely if Cisco can make a soccer ball that has enough of Barry's DNA to fool the Speed Force they could whip up a receptacle to just dump powers into so they don't have to worry about the moral dilemma of giving powers to people to remove them from others.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mortanis posted:

At the very least they should have had the guy steal the powers from everyone they have locked up in No Lunch Gitmo and maybe transfer them into people less inclined to be crazy.

And didn't Killer Frost have this whole arc about not wanting her powers and trying to figure out a way to cure her and now there's a literal walking solution to that as a junior member of the team? Surely if Cisco can make a soccer ball that has enough of Barry's DNA to fool the Speed Force they could whip up a receptacle to just dump powers into so they don't have to worry about the moral dilemma of giving powers to people to remove them from others.

The receptacle will turn evil and be the s5 antagonist :v:

also the writers forgot about Killer Frost

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Killer Frost is just Drunk Caitlin now, or at the very least she's on her way to being.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
She didn't even react when future flash daughter called her killer frost to her face in the coffee shop

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

pile of brown posted:

She didn't even react when future flash daughter called her killer frost to her face in the coffee shop

She didn't call Caitlyn Killer Frost, Killer Frost was the name of the iced coffee drink she spilled on her and Harry.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
So if we have a drink named after Flash and now Killer Frost, then...what would a Vibe drink be?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Killer Frost is just Drunk Caitlin now, or at the very least she's on her way to being.

Caitlin was always obsolete to me and the more the writers show they have no idea what the to do with her the more they proves it. There have been multiple episodes where she does nothing or is completely gone and no one has noticed, least of all the characters.

I mean in s1, it was alright because she was a (terrible) doctor but with Harry/Cisco/Barry you didn't really need another techno/speedforce-babble person.

Then they set up Killerfrost and I'm like, ok maybe now she'll do something cool!

Then they act like her/Iris are actually going to be friends and I fall for it and they STILL don't do anything with her.

They should have had her run away with Julian (another interesting character they didn't know how to use) and live happily ever after at this point. :(

edit: I want to add the Iris/Caitlin lack of friendship pisses me off so much. For the longest time they're the only women who work together with the Superhero stuff, so obviously they'd spend lots of time together and have absolutely no one to vent to when Harry's a dick or Barry is dumb. After they acknowledge this and Iris/Barry get married, Caitlin is going through this villain bullshit and could use a friend and she... does nothing. Give me an episode that's just Caitlin and Iris getting drunk on wine, talking poo poo about Barry/Harry/Cisco and saving the day at the end by ordering a pizza (which is obviously delivered by a meta they catch immediately because they aren't incompetent.)

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 15, 2018

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

So if we have a drink named after Flash and now Killer Frost, then...what would a Vibe drink be?

Triple Full-Caff Espresso with caramel.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Koalas March posted:

I'm calling the police.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rocksicles posted:

I'm calling the police.

Just go with the LA Story classic half double decaffeinated half-caf, with a twist of lemon

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ApeHawk posted:

Margarita with a Hitachi Magic Wand in it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Elongated Island Ice Tea

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Klungar posted:

She didn't call Caitlyn Killer Frost, Killer Frost was the name of the iced coffee drink she spilled on her and Harry.

I took that as very deliberate on the daughter's part. "Oops, my first KILLER FROST, tee hee!"

Also I still can't believe that's Jessica Kennedy, she looks like a decade younger compared to when she was on Black Sails.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Laterite posted:

I took that as very deliberate on the daughter's part. "Oops, my first KILLER FROST, tee hee!"

I hope they don't sit on daughterfast too long and she gets into the fray soon. I'm OK with her being the next seasons overall arc but just have her show up at random and fangirl until her life's put in danger so she can just go "pffft one sec" and wrap the whole thing up in a nanosecond while the others gape at her

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Koalas March posted:

“It’ll teleport you to another earth!”

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

What if she's not Barry and Iris' kid, but Joe and Cecile's?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

ApeHawk posted:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11292007

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Koalas March posted:

They should just let Iris be the Flash from now on and let Barry be her love interest who doesn't get many storylines.

Then hand the show over to the Black Lightning showrunners.

Show improved 200%.

I was disappointed in Iris' costume because she didn't get a lightning bolt emblem on her chest the way literally every other speedster on the show does.

You can't be a proper speedster without a cool lightning bolt motif on the chest :colbert:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

I was disappointed in Iris' costume because she didn't get a lightning bolt emblem on her chest the way literally every other speedster on the show does.

You can't be a proper speedster without a cool lightning bolt motif on the chest :colbert:

It makes speedsters go faster.

Also, I got a Neilsein rating thing and I named the Flash as my favorite show, so either you're welcome or screw you take your pick.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Mooseontheloose posted:

It makes speedsters go faster.

Also, I got a Neilsein rating thing and I named the Flash as my favorite show, so either you're welcome or screw you take your pick.

I put the entire CW, checkmate! :smug:

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Iris your blog is fuckin ugly

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
If Barry, Wally and Avery Ho can all be the Flash in comics, I don't see why Iris can't co-Flash seeing as they already did the "uguu WE are the Flash" stuff. That even feels like a more natural progression than picking up blogging.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I started watching this and I'm up to season 2.... this seems a bit uneven all of a sudden. Does the show get out of this nose dive of Barry being a un-fun grump moping around the whole time?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Not really!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

Iris your blog is fuckin ugly

Hey give her a break she hasn't used it since season 1 and she only half-assed it then.