Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
The iOS and upcoming Android ports have me hoping for a Switch port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Super Rad posted:

The iOS and upcoming Android ports have me hoping for a Switch port.

Yeah, it's almost 100% going to come out on that too.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I really wish I could just play it on whatever and have my purchases carry. Switch would likely become my main system, but I have friends who play on all of the rest and it would be great to have everything carry.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Just got an iOS invite so it seems to be going out.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Asnorban posted:

I really wish I could just play it on whatever and have my purchases carry. Switch would likely become my main system, but I have friends who play on all of the rest and it would be great to have everything carry.

iirc the only thing that doesn't carry is your idle vbux

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!

Golashes posted:

Just got an iOS invite so it seems to be going out.

Hello good friend of mine, I hear invites come with friend codes? Did I hear that right, pal o' mine?

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I don’t actually see them so would be news to me. If I have some I’ll post them in the private area or something

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
"Players who receive invites from Epic will also get friend invite codes to share with others."

But I guess that doesn't necessarily mean they'll get codes immediately, just eventually

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I don’t have any idea. It runs pretty well on an iPhone 8 from my one round of play but I died when it lagged for a sec in the middle of a fire fight so that stinks. I can’t imagine queuing with pc/console but it seems fun enough to hide in the bathroom at work and get a round in against other mobile players.

e: Congratulations golashes!
You’re in! You now have access to the Fortnite Invite Event on iOS. Jump in on your iOS device and start winning on the go! Note: We will email you when you are granted friend invites.

Golashes fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 16, 2018

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Did you get that in an email?

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Yep

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
I’m really enjoying the hunting rifle. I actually prefer it over the sniper. I’m somehow better at hitting 150m headshots with no scope :shrug:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm running into a bug where I hit people, the people do the twitch and hit marker shows up, but I'm doing no damage. This is making the game suck hard.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

That's called lag my friend.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MF_James posted:

That's called lag my friend.

Weird nothing else is lagging. No jumping about, delayed building, or chests acting weird. 😔

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Is the 20 man squad mode every coming back?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Is the 20 man squad mode every coming back?

Not necessarily, that was an experimental mode.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Have the announced the next temporary mode yet?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

santanotreal posted:

v3.3 patch notes posted:

Limited Time Mode: Blitz
*NOTE: This mode will be enabled on 3/19.
Blitz has much shorter storm times resulting in faster & more intense matches!
Maximum match length is 15 minutes.
The match will start with the storm circle already closing in over the island.
Adjustments to loot availability:
--Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
--Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
--Floor Loot spawns nearly 100% of the time.
--Supply Drop spawn interval lessened from 180s (+/- 30s) to 80s (+/- 20s).
--Supply Drop descent time shortened from 60s to 30s.
--Launchpad spawn likelihood greatly increased.
Harvesting resources doubled.
Resources found in loot increased from 30 to 100.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

santanotreal posted:

Yup!

quote:

E: Beaten.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Blitz sounds loving awesome. I want that permanently.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Bottom Liner posted:

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Hitscan chat is a good tip thanks pals

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Agreed

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I loved 20v20. I hope they do that or something like it again sometime. I wish they would do something like the Arcade mode in Overwatch. Just have some special modes running all of the time.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nullsmack posted:

I loved 20v20. I hope they do that or something like it again sometime. I wish they would do something like the Arcade mode in Overwatch. Just have some special modes running all of the time.

LTM is just that, with variety and without player base segmentation.

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007
I think that's what they're planning; they've mentioned somewhere or another that they are intending to have a larger team mode running at all times in the future in addition to the more experimental LTMs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UL4RxhXW7s
New StW dev diary is out. Kinda dumb that they're now trying to whitewash the 3.2 changes as "bugs", but at least they reverted them with the last patch. Upcoming patches will increase mat stack sizes to 200, have no weapon durability loss on death, and increase xp rewards for missions in later zones. Hopefully they'll also get rid of the worthless timed rewards like 3 rotating gizmos or blue transform cards in canny.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
friend invites are starting to go out for ios. I'll leave some in the private forum if my friends don't bite

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Anybody looking for people to play with in the evening EST? I’m dumb and don’t understand the organization of discord and how to find people on there.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

santanotreal posted:

Anybody looking for people to play with in the evening EST? I’m dumb and don’t understand the organization of discord and how to find people on there.

Pve or pvp? PC, ps4, xbox1?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Pve or pvp? PC, ps4, xbox1?

PVP on PC

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Just got my ios invite after signing up yesterday. Check your emails.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

30 minute wait time to play tonight, loving Drake...

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Got my first Fortnite hate tell today. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf2uVEvgw2k

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

He sure did build alright, lmao. He built walls to funnel in your shotgun blasts.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just downloaded the game and went to play and there is a 44 min wait. Is this some ploy to get people send money for "priority access" or something?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Raged posted:

Just downloaded the game and went to play and there is a 44 min wait. Is this some ploy to get people send money for "priority access" or something?

No, servers are feeling unwell for everyone right now. Launch of mobile version and Drake PR stunt are likely overwhelming the developers.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Raged posted:

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/974750939008598016

They're just getting hammered hard.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

The ios version controls are loving garbage. You can't aim and shoot at the same time because both are done by right thumb actions (swipe to aim, tap to shoot). The building UI is also atrocious requiring a ton of clicks to switch to, select your piece, and place. Probably not going to bother until this supports some type of controller.

Graphics look fantastic though and it runs super smooth on my iphone 8+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Ever since Drake and mobile, this is just the best time to get some ill-deserved wins.

• Locked thread