Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Yeah this show seems to be Luke Caging all the actually interesting bad guys. I'm not expecting a Flash style rogues gallery but drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It was definitely odd that they seemed to kill off 3 of its villains in one episode. But like I'm not prepared to call Toledo a truly big loss and Tobias' sister was kind of just a plot device to motivate Tobias so far. If you had told me she was a figment of his imagination I wouldn't have been shocked.

But I'm definitely sad to see Lady Eve die so soon. Assuming she's dead. Which I'm not sure she is. But I'm sad thinking we've lost Jill Scott.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

MiddleOne posted:

I love how the universe has been pretty drat grounded outside of the super-powers and then wham, suddenly we're inside an episode of The Flash.

Maybe they were made by Star Labs.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

At some point (probably around next year's mass crossover) Black Lightning is totally going to join the Arrowverse and go full comic book and some people are gonna be real mad.

Other people will just be shipping Sara Lance and Nyssa.

edit: Anissa... obviously. Duh. Idiot screwing up his own joke.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 12, 2018

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

STAC Goat posted:

Other people will just be shipping Sara Lance and Nyssa.
I thought this was referring to Nyssa Al'Ghul at first and got real confused.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I must have made the same auto correction in my head. Brain fart.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Let's be reasonable here: there's no way Legends of Tomorrow can end before Sara hooks up with someone from every Arrowverse show. She's already got Arrow, Supergirl, Constantine, and Legends itself under her belt. All she needs is someone from Flash, Black Lightning and Vixen and we've done it.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

nine-gear crow posted:

Let's be reasonable here: there's no way Legends of Tomorrow can end before Sara hooks up with someone from every Arrowverse show. She's already got Arrow, Supergirl, Constantine, and Legends itself under her belt. All she needs is someone from Flash, Black Lightning and Vixen and we've done it.

You sure about Constantine?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

OB_Juan posted:

You sure about Constantine?

She totally banged Constantine :colbert:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Please tell me there's a bunch of "Time Lesbian, not Time Bi-Sexual" truthers who insist Sara never hooking up with Constantine.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

nine-gear crow posted:

She totally banged Constantine :colbert:

Misread your post. Somehow thought you meant she hadn't yet. My bad.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

I am only on s2 of Legends but I would much rather see Amaya/Sara than Amaya/Nat. Amaya/Mick would be fun tho.

Sara/Anissa would be cute but I really don't think I want BL in the Arrowverse.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Koalas March posted:

I am only on s2 of Legends but I would much rather see Amaya/Sara than Amaya/Nat. Amaya/Mick would be fun tho.

Sara/Anissa would be cute but I really don't think I want BL in the Arrowverse.

Nate and Amaya start out a little rocky, but they get infinitely better once they go all-in and start playing what would be their crippling CW-style romantic drama purely for comedy.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

STAC Goat posted:

Please tell me there's a bunch of "Time Lesbian, not Time Bi-Sexual" truthers who insist Sara never hooking up with Constantine.

There’s no way around it. It was explicitly referenced on screen.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

I love how the universe has been pretty drat grounded outside of the super-powers and then wham, suddenly we're inside an episode of The Flash.

I see it like when they suddenly got super bullets in Luke Cage. They already had the tech but it was totally unnecessary until they wanted to use it to hurt (albeit not physically) Black Lightning.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

STAC Goat posted:

The Lord Bude posted:

There’s no way around it. It was explicitly referenced on screen.

Yup, they totes boned.

Thing is though, she has again shown that her preference for men are the ones from her own time, while for ladies any era will do.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

8one6 posted:

Yup, they totes boned.

Thing is though, she has again shown that her preference for men are the ones from her own time, while for ladies any era will do.

Her primary criterion for a partner appears to be a very strong preference for Queens. Thus she bones Oliver Queen; various historical Queens, and Constantine (who is a drama queen).

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

Her primary criterion for a partner appears to be a very strong preference for Queens. Thus she bones Oliver Queen; various historical Queens, and Constantine (who is a drama queen).

And Alex Danvers, SLAYQUEEN.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

If you can't throw a rock at google and hit a tumblr lesiban who's livid at the thought of it, i'd be surprised.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Black Lightning is the best superhero mentor

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Not just lightning guns, nuclear powered lightning guns! :science:

Lala is crazy as hell and it's amazing.

I like that Jennifer discovers her powers and goes to get help right away. None of this keeping it a secret poo poo.

howe_sam posted:

Black Lightning is the best superhero mentor

:agreed: All the scenes with Jefferson and Anissa were great. Going to be even better when Jennifer joins them.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
God loving drat I love this show.

Most DC Shows: "oh no we have been framed, we will now spend 10 episodes struggling with the moral dilemmas and how we can no longer protect ourselves"
Black Lightning: "Huh, the police are after us. Welp, back to training! *montage set to kung fu fighting*"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

God loving drat I love this show.

Most DC Shows: "oh no we have been framed, we will now spend 10 episodes struggling with the moral dilemmas and how we can no longer protect ourselves"
Black Lightning: "Huh, the police are after us. Welp, back to training! *montage set to kung fu fighting*"

The promo for next week looks great too. I can't wait to see Jefferson, Anissa and Jennifer all out there being a super hero family. And I really hope Jeff and Gambi settle their poo poo real quick because they're probably gonna need his shifty rear end sooner rather than later. Hell, they need him to make Jen's costume :v:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

The promo for next week looks great too. I can't wait to see Jefferson, Anissa and Jennifer all out there being a super hero family. And I really hope Jeff and Gambi settle their poo poo real quick because they're probably gonna need his shifty rear end sooner rather than later. Hell, they need him to make Jen's costume :v:

I love how they're somehow keeping up a breakneck pace without actually rushing the plot. Ain't got no time for emo bullshit, there's crime to fight. :3:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Whoops, accidental double post.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Wasn't quite prepared for it to be revealed the town is some hosed up superhero Tuskegee.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Loving Lala's condition. That ghost: she ain't' there to help. Coming back from the dead like going to hell for him.

Also, everything about the Pierce family is so refreshing and the opposite of everything else in the Arrowverse. Training Anissa because they know she's going to go out and be a hero anyway is a much better response much faster then similar stuff with Wally on Flash. Keeping secrets causes problems has been the motto of Arrow since day one.
This family talks and trusts and it is awesome.
Jennifer going straight to Anissa was so real. Same with Anissa trying to solve her own issue by herself until she realized it was too much for her. Anissa clearly taking after her mom and Jennifer taking after he dad are so well done. I love this family.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
What day do new episodes air domestically? I'm watching it on Netflix UK and caught up to it a few days ago but it puts new episodes up Tuesday if I recall and I'm pretty sure that's a couple of days behind so I want to know when to avoid the thread.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

tsob posted:

What day do new episodes air domestically? I'm watching it on Netflix UK and caught up to it a few days ago but it puts new episodes up Tuesday if I recall and I'm pretty sure that's a couple of days behind so I want to know when to avoid the thread.

It's Tuesday

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aleph Null posted:

Loving Lala's condition. That ghost: she ain't' there to help. Coming back from the dead like going to hell for him.

Also, everything about the Pierce family is so refreshing and the opposite of everything else in the Arrowverse. Training Anissa because they know she's going to go out and be a hero anyway is a much better response much faster then similar stuff with Wally on Flash. Keeping secrets causes problems has been the motto of Arrow since day one.
This family talks and trusts and it is awesome.
Jennifer going straight to Anissa was so real. Same with Anissa trying to solve her own issue by herself until she realized it was too much for her. Anissa clearly taking after her mom and Jennifer taking after he dad are so well done. I love this family.

Pulling for Lynn to take over as SUPER SCIENCE GENIUS of the team if/when Gambi's past catches up with him and puts him in the ground.

Wanna see a superhero family :3

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It'd be pretty funny for DC to get a family of four superheroes right before Marvel.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised/very relieved that we finally get the Gambi reveal now instead of making it some season ending cliffhanger.

Also I appreciate Tobias' guys burying people in a shallow grave but leaving the nuke-powered lightning gun just sitting in the open.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Given that BL is meant to be one season since they're extremely unsure of it getting a second when it was written, I feel like most of the mysteries introduced well get answered at some point in the course of the season while less pressing, overarching ones like the ASA are fodder for S2

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My problem with Gambi is that it is really hard to know what he really feels about anything seeing as he has been shown lying to literally every character on the show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I more or less buy his loose story to Jefferson since it's obvious he was protecting him (at least his identity) from Lady Eve and the rest. But like that's kind of secondary to the part where he was complicit in decades of secret experimentation on poor people as well as the perpetuation if the drug trade and organized crime.

Gambis gonna have to work to walk that back with me. That's pretty drat bad and im going to feel a little uncomfortable if he's just welcomed back into the fold later because he's needed or forgiveness.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

I more or less buy his loose story to Jefferson since it's obvious he was protecting him (at least his identity) from Lady Eve and the rest. But like that's kind of secondary to the part where he was complicit in decades of secret experimentation on poor people as well as the perpetuation if the drug trade and organized crime.

Gambis gonna have to work to walk that back with me. That's pretty drat bad and im going to feel a little uncomfortable if he's just welcomed back into the fold later because he's needed or forgiveness.

Why do you have a stake in this ? Were you living there back then?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
What is even going on right now?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Rocksicles posted:

Why do you have a stake in this ? Were you living there back then?
That's a strange thing to ask. Being embittered towards a character because of lovely things that they've done/are doing is kind of a sensible emotion, especially if the story doesn't crack down on them enough for those lovely things. More shows have been ruined by that kind of practice than not.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
My take on what's going on:

LaWanda's "ghost" is really the reincarnated force of Lady Eve... somehow. It's her backup plan and not just him going cray cray.

Gambi gonna die. Either heroically or he'll morph into the show's villain, either dying here in Season 1 or playing a more active big bad role in Season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

BrianWilly posted:

That's a strange thing to ask. Being embittered towards a character because of lovely things that they've done/are doing is kind of a sensible emotion, especially if the story doesn't crack down on them enough for those lovely things. More shows have been ruined by that kind of practice than not.

Motherfucker didn't do anything. He was there, had a job, didn't like it and bailed, went full whistleblower and helped raise him into who he is. Sure he kept a secret, but WHo's Jefferson to stomp on someone keeping secrets.

Besties in 2 weeks. Book it.

• Locked thread