Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
[quote="Not Alex" post="482091666"]
x2
[SCRAMBLE / HP: 2/4 / MOVE: 6 / PATIENT ZERO / BLOODHOUND / VOX MUTANDIS / REGENERATIVE BROOD / DRIFT BLADDERS / 44 luxe ]

Wait for it. Wait for it...

Encounter: Stay in cover I suppose. Lighting the beacon is an action, yes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

x2
[CRYO / HP: 3/6 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 010 / SQUIDPACK STATUS: FULL / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, EYEGEAR, THREADED VISUALIZER, OVERCLOCKED GENERATOR, BIGGER GOODBYE / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE, CHILD OF THE ATOM, BESTIAL FUGUE, ABHORRENT RENDING]

"Hola, kamerad(in?). That's some real niesamowite gear you've got, but my wallet's a bit gwag right now if you know what I mean. I don't suppose you take electronic transfers do you? Well, anyways, might want to keep your head down for the near future, some real Перхоть подзалупнаыа fuckers are gonna be lighting this hex up and I gotta return the favor."

With that, Cryo splashed over to the bank of the toxic river and started throwing spears downrange. The Hulking Warpoon felt strangely right in her claws, and it performed beautifully. Cackling gleefully, she watched through her scope as the Mastermind's braincase spectacularly blew out in a cloud of sparkling purple energies, and the panicked chaff were pinned to various landscape features as they scrambled futilely for cover. Gods, the last time she'd had this much fun was.... well, ok, about an hour ago when she first got to test her new arms, but this was a damned close second.

Warpoon the mutie pack: 7#1d12 4 7 11 9 2 8 8

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 13, 2018

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
x3
[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 37 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption, Giant Pincer, Vox Mutandis, Psychoactive Pheromones]

Hm. A guard detail had appeared since their last visit. No matter. They had the means to engage.

Bobby-Jack sneaked behind the rigs standing guard, and forced unto the surface of his skin one of his many new glands. It started to secrete a gaseous, yet invisible substance that would soon enough find itself inside the cockpits of the rigs before them.

The beta was closer than the flanking gammas, so at least it ought to be affected. That was the important part, since both him and Lucinda were heavily armored enough to shrug off the gammas easily enough. With the Beta out of the way, Lucinda should be able to engage safely.

Bobby-Jack gave Lucinda a signal from his spot, quickly flashed the Beta with his targeting marker, and gave a thumbs up.

LUCINDA can peek
Pheromones with scope against enemy, rolls in order: Beta, 2x Gamma: 3#1d10= 7, 1, 2
Right, since only the Beta can damage either of us, you might as well shoot it since it won't attack us this round

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 8 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS, BRACHIAL SPURS-1d8/1]

"Huh, oh a teleporter! Wow! Bobby-Jack check it... Oh yeah"

Lucinda looks around and see the other rigs, and Bobby-Jack behind them. She sees his signal and-

Bamf- headshot

shoot beta: 1d12 11

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

GRUMPS "MCGEE" / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 1 / LUXE: 19 / CYBER: Bone Lacing/ Heavy Arms/ Active Camouflage MUTATION: Traumatic Scleroderma/Hypertrophic Limbs

Grumps wasn't sure what language the bandit was supposed to be speaking. Or was speaking? His head was getting a bit woozy from all the drugs. And the panting from breath through the mask didn't help, either. Still, he handed the ... Man? what he wanted.

Take the Offer

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Subverted:
[MIDGE / HP:2/3 [RIG:2/5] [METHMAW 5/5]/ MOVE: 2(1) [RIG: 3] [METHMAW:2] / FUEL: 18 / LUXE: 4 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, VIRAL PROLIFERATOR]

"Thanks, future guy!" He called out, grateful for the upgrade. Now to see if he could subvert these rigs, or at least mutually annihilate them and the methmaw in a glorious brutalstravaganza.

Viral Proliferator! Viral proliferator on Beta Crawler, Gamma Enforcer 1, Gamma Enforcer 2:: 3#1d6 4 6 3 Neat. Sic the Methmaw and all units on Gamma Enforcer 2.

Wishlist: An Optiscope for the virus would be nifty, this thing is concentrated asskick awesome.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch
Midge distributes a malware packet!
Beta Crawler is Subverted!
Gamma Enforcer 1 is Subverted!
Gamma Enforcer 2 adapts! Enforcer 2 is upscaled and Enraged!

Gamma Enforcer 2 attacks Meth-Maw! Meth-Maw takes 2 damage!

Beta Crawler attacks Gamma Enforcer 2! Enforcer 2 takes 3 damage and is destroyed!

Midge is credited 2 Luxe for rig bounty!

2. "Grumps" McGee
Grumps gives 15 Luxe and Experimental Medikit v0.2 to Lung Bandit!
Grumps' Move increased by 1!

3. Cryo
Cryo attacks mutants from Range!
Mutant Mastermind takes 3 damage and dies!
Mutant Manhunter – Invalid Target!
Mutant Soldier takes 3 damage and dies!
Mutant Grunt 1 takes 3 damage and dies!
Cryo misses Mutant Grunt 2!
Mutant Grunt 3 takes 3 damage and dies!
Mutant Grunt 4 takes 3 damage and dies!
5 Mutant Corpses are dragged into the hex!

Mutant Manhunter (01.02) misses Cryo from Range!

Cryo is credited 10 Luxe for Mutant bounty!

4. Stev Ansahok
Stev attempts to access the VAULT...no success!

6. Scramble
No encounter action.

7. Bobby-Jack Johnson / 8. Lucinda
Bobby-Jack emits Psychoactive Pheremones!
Beta Enforcer is confused!
Gamma Enforcer 1 is unaffected!
Gamma Enforcer 2 is unaffected!

Lucinda attacks Beta Enforcer! Enforcer takes 4 damage!

Beta Enforcer is confused! It misses itself in its confusion!
Gamma Enforcer 1 misses Bobby-Jack!
Gamma Enforcer 2 attacks Bobby-Jack! Bobby-Jack takes no damage!

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 14, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Subverted:
[MIDGE / HP:2/3 [RIG:2/5] [METHMAW 3/5]/ MOVE: 2(1) [RIG: 3] [METHMAW:2] / FUEL: 18 / LUXE: 4 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, VIRAL PROLIFERATOR]

That went very well. He cheerfully hummed as he directed his new subverted minions to loot the fallen one for choice luxe, as well as scouring the locality for anything else. He flipped his hatch open to let the Dr.One take a visit: He could get used to this.

Salvage! Anything in the hex and the downed Enforcer.

Wishlist: An Optiscope for the virus, some kind of mech repair thingy..

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

x2
[SCRAMBLE / HP: 2/4 / MOVE: 6 / PATIENT ZERO / BLOODHOUND / VOX MUTANDIS / REGENERATIVE BROOD / DRIFT BLADDERS / 44 luxe ]

For Freedom! ... would be a really cheesy thing to shout as Scramble summons the Zodiac. Instead she strides down the walkway and drops the Torch of Liberty into the beacon with little ceremony.

"Thank you, ally."

Scramble turns and sprints into position. She can already feel the vibrations shaking the whole caldera as the Capricorn races towards her.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
x3
[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 37 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption, Giant Pincer, Vox Mutandis, Psychoactive Pheromones, Creeping Doom]

Bobby-Jack grinned with wry amusement as the Beta flailed at phantoms while he circled back to Lucinda's position, only grunting slightly as a round from a Gamma ricocheted off his shoulder plate. It would only leave a bruise, nothing worse.

"Right", he said whilst inserting the mutagen injectors into his left arm in a procedure that was becoming very familiar, "I've got a couple scopes, this sample, and some incidental scrap I'd like for you to wire on my account. I'd appreciate you doing that if you're screwing around with the Crucible?"

Bobby-Jack shook his head slightly. His own words seemed loud, as if his hearing had suddenly gotten far better. He could feel the tremors from the rigs too, even if he was currently hiding behind a rock.

...It was a good looking rock, now that he looked at it properly. A good hiding place with some work, perfect for dropping on someone unannounced. Yes, perfect to creep up on them and force his claw into their spine.

Bobby-Jack shook his head again. He had already gotten used to the heightened senses, but the invading thoughts and newfound, uncanny intuition on potential hiding places was feeding on his natural paranoia and cravenness so fiercely that he doubted they would be going away for a long time.

LUCINDA can peek

Lucinda, please upload 2x of my X-Scopes as well as my Biological Sample into my account for a 9d6, as well as 17 of my current Luxe-Cash

Evolver Mutagens: 2#1d20= 17, 7

Picking 17, Lurking Horror/Creeping Doom

Theantero fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Mar 14, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0000 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS, BRACHIAL SPURS-1d8/1]

"Oh that's a cool trick with the rigs it's, wait a second I'll just get those off of you, yeah looks like its flailing around around on quadka crystals, like at Jeb I's parties, you've been? Oh you must go, they normally have a theme, like not a costume party like a fashion theme, you can really show off your creative side and- oh yeah the quadka- like Jeb I is terrible with dares right? So he got like a whole spike and..."

Use crucible - BJJ / Lucinda: 9d6+17 49 9d6+8 40

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

x2
[CRYO / HP: 3/6 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 010 / SQUIDPACK STATUS: FULL / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, EYEGEAR, THREADED VISUALIZER, OVERCLOCKED GENERATOR, BIGGER GOODBYE / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE, CHILD OF THE ATOM, BESTIAL FUGUE, ABHORRENT RENDING]

Well well well, that Manhunter was proving smarter than he looked. Not that he was particularly threatening, but Cryo already had enough balls in the air that a persistent pursuer was not at all welcome. She kept her head down to avoid any more sniper fire and juiced up her spine, paying particular attention to any sybterranean echoes from the hex Pertinax was so interested in.

Scan

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 15/20 / MOVE: 5 / 8 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES, REINFORCED EXOSKELETON, HAZARD BAFFLING, ADVANCED OPTICS, TELESCOPIC ARRAY, THERMAL LANCE, THE FULL ROBERT, BIONIC RECALIBRATION /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS, LIMBIC INFERNO]

not feeling great, just going to scavenge

Wishlist: Vault Entry, Autodoc

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Jordan had been desperately worried about Rook's mutagen hive meandering across the region, but.

BUT.

Other people could take down the hive, and other wreckers could NOT crack a vault. At least the latter had someone begging to have their luxe spent only technically voluntarily.

Orders posted:

Virtual Domain Partners orders a [Vault-Cracking Airstrike] at Stev Ansahok's current location. 05.05 [50] luxe.

And a cordial advisory that Stev might want to use some of his magic leg fire to leave the kill box over the transit period.

Virtual Domain Partners' account reduced by [5] luxe to [zero].
Stev Ansahok's account reduced by [45] luxe to [16].

EDIT: I have been informed that there are different forms of payload for the airstrike, and have adjusted my order accordingly.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 14, 2018

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

GRUMPS "MCGEE" / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 2 / LUXE: 4 / CYBER: Bone Lacing/ Heavy Arms/ Active Camouflage MUTATION: Traumatic Scleroderma/Hypertrophic Limbs

Grumps felt good... As good as he felt when he first landed. Wiry his newfounded mobility, he scuttled around the area looking for Lux.

Salvage

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch
Dr. One restores 1 HP to Midge! (Dr. One: 4/5)
Midge Salvages for 14 Luxe!

2. "Grumps" McGee
Grumps Salvages for 3 Luxe!

3. Cryo
Scanning...
00.00: Scramble
00.01: Unknown Metallic Mass, Large
01.01: Mutant Grunt
01.02: Mutant Manhunter
02.02: Grumps McGee
Scan complete.

Challenge complete posted:

Pertinax - Scan hex 00.01 for buried facilities.
Cryo is credited 10 Luxe for completion!
Pertinax is credited 5 Luxe for completion!

4. Stev Ansahok
Stev Scavenges for 4 Luxe!

sponsorship posted:

Virtual Domain Partners spends 50 Luxe (4 VDP, 45 Stev) on Aerial Deployment of a Vault-Cracker! Targeting locked in on Sponsor Phase!

6. Scramble
:siren: ZODIAC BEACON ACTIVATED! :siren:

Scramble is credited 50 Luxe for Zodiac Activation!

Challenge complete posted:

IPC - Salvage Torch of Liberty from Freiheit and Light Zodiac Beacon.
Scramble is credited 10 Luxe for completion!
IPC is credited 5 Luxe for completion!

Bobby-Jack consumes Unstable Mutagen!
Bobby-Jack Mutates!

Mutatis Mutandis posted:

Lurking Horror: Deal double damage on first attack when Ambushing.
+Creeping Doom: When Ambushing, roll 1d4 before rolling an attack; on a 4, target is instantly killed (A Boss sustains 10 extra damage.)

Lucinda uses Luxe Crucible!
Bobby-Jack is credited 49 Luxe!
Lucinda is credited 40 Luxe!

Toxic Zone! Cryo regains 2 HP!

:siren: CAPRICORN EMERGES! :siren:

Here she is, Rev; we have Zodiac Sign.
Lady-morphs and Gentleoids, I give you the Deadly Drill-Dozer, the Incinerator of the Icefield, the Potentate of Immolate...CAPRICORN!
Time to put all that horrific mutant flesh to work, Wreckers, or else you'll just be so much biological waste.

Airstrike posted:

:siren: Target Locked! :siren:
:siren: Vault-Cracker Strike inbound for 05.05! :siren:
:siren: Estimated impact: Hazard Phase! :siren:

Sponsors posted:

The following sponsors receive 5 Luxe for participation:
Rook EngOrg
Virtual Domain Partners
Kalpernicus Risso

Current Sponsor standings:
Pertinax Ammofab 10
RookEngOrg 20
Hideous Dynamics 30
Virtual Domain Partners 5
Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus 15
IPC 20
Kalpernicus Risso 40

Accounts posted:

Current Account standings:
1. "Midge Gureyevitch 51
2. "Grumps" McGee 5
3. Cryo 78
4. Stev Ansahok 16
6. Scramble 178
7. Bobby-Jack Johnson 146
8. Lucinda 60

Current Sponsor Challenges posted:

Pertinax
1: Kill 10 Mutant Grunts.
2: Kill 4 Horrors.
3: Kill 3 targets with Rampage.
4. Transmat an authentic scav-scrimshawed maw-tusk (+15L).
5. Perform a focused scan of Capricorn by delivering a sensor into the cryovolcano nearest its last emergence site.
6. Disable/Detach a Capricorn weapon mount and transmat it to Pertinax.

Hideous Dynamics
1. Transmat as many Isotope units from Facility Sigma as possible. Current: 3
2. Recover MCAD Prototype.
3. Exfiltrate MCAD Prototype.
4. Use the ▌▃'▓'▇'▍▉'▐'▊▅'▂'▇ .

Kalpernicus Risso
1. Seize the MCAD Prototype.(+5L).
2. Plan “Kill Capricorn with Kalpernicus” (+35L)
3. Use an Autofalconer's services. (+5L)
4. Kill a Time Traveler or a Continuity Ranger. (+5)

Virtual Domain Partners
1. Transmat Research Database from Tau and Upsilon.
2. Salvage Crew Archive from Spacecraft Wreck.

RookEngOrg
1. Betray an Ally
2. Kill an Ally
3. Consume the contents of the Hive Creeper
4. Launch Hive Creeper from a Cryovolcano

Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus
1. Ride a Cryovolcanic Eruption

Interstellar Patriotische Cybernétiques
1. Investigate the camp in 08.03
2. Donate a weapon to the camp in 13.06

:siren: Wreckers, get Moving! :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 15, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Subverted:
[MIDGE / HP:3/3 [RIG:2/5] [METHMAW 3/5]/ MOVE: 2(1) [RIG: 3] [METHMAW:2] / FUEL: 23 / LUXE: 18 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, VIRAL PROLIFERATOR]

He checked his scan data, considering his next moves: He might as well get some strafing in whilst he was stuck in the mountains, as well as making sure he was clear on the path ahead. Some heavy artillery fire on unsuspecting mooks would be a big pluspro for the ratings.

All units to 01:07

Wishlist: An Optiscope for the virus, some kind of mech repair thingy..

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Mar 15, 2018

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

x2

The Capricorn does not rise up from the cryovolcano as Scramble had planned. It bursts from the cliff face , shattering the beacon platform in passing. Scramble is immediately wrong footed. She cannot enact her ambush, it would swat her like a bug from here. Gotta get out, gotta find some high ground.

Fight or flight, right?

00.00 to 01.01

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 37 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption, Giant Pincer, Vox Mutandis, Psychoactive Pheromones, Creeping Doom]

Bobby-Jack sighed, ever so slightly, as the Zodiac announcement rang out.

"So it begins", he stated quietly, "I suggest we stay to deal with this lot before we move out. They cannot really harm us, and should be able to be looted for a decent amount of scrap."

LUCINDA can peek

Staying still

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0000 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS, BRACHIAL SPURS-1d8/1]

"Yes! Oh my gaaaaawd this is exciting."

Stay put

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

x2
[CRYO / HP: 5/6 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 010 / SQUIDPACK STATUS: FULL / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, EYEGEAR, THREADED VISUALIZER, OVERCLOCKED GENERATOR, BIGGER GOODBYE / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE, CHILD OF THE ATOM, BESTIAL FUGUE, ABHORRENT RENDING]

Well.

gently caress.

"No way out but through, I guess."

Move 00.01

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Emergence of Capricorn thanks to Scramble would likely complicate the investigation of the buried facility Aethelred had been seeking access to for some time, but needs must, and so he added another challenge.

Penetrate 00.01, via manual excavation, or a Capricorn emergence site. Avoid exothermic reactions.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 15, 2018

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
[quote="The Lord of Hats" post="482154049"]

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 15/20 / MOVE: 5 / 12 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES, REINFORCED EXOSKELETON, HAZARD BAFFLING, ADVANCED OPTICS, TELESCOPIC ARRAY, THERMAL LANCE, THE FULL ROBERT, BIONIC RECALIBRATION /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS, LIMBIC INFERNO]

Stev smiled as the luxe drained from his account and warning signals dotted his display. Somebody had listened!

"Thank you... Virtual Domain Partners! That's a real timesaver! Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some aimless wandering to do before that bunker buster touches down!"

4.05->3.04->4.05->3.04->3.03

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch
Movement to 01.07.
Mutant Ambush!

A Mutant Soldier will be Suppressing.

2. "Grumps" McGee
No movement order.

You need more joose, jiāhuo?

3. Cryo
Movement to 00.01.
Mutant Manhunter moves to 01.01.

Scan reveals a hidden encounter!

4. Stev Ansahok
Movement to 03.03.

6. Scramble
Movement to 01.01.

No movement order.
(2/6HP)

:siren: Wreckers, resolve Encounters! :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 16, 2018

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

x2
[CRYO / HP: 5/6 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 010 / SQUIDPACK STATUS: FULL / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, EYEGEAR, THREADED VISUALIZER, OVERCLOCKED GENERATOR, BIGGER GOODBYE / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE, CHILD OF THE ATOM, BESTIAL FUGUE, ABHORRENT RENDING]

Deathly quiet, Cryo crept through the mountains looking for a way into the hidden vault. She just prayed she could get to it before the boss could get to her.

Cloaked vault: 1d6 3

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

[Luxe: 40]

Oho, the Capricorn had answered its summons! It was so beautiful, in a regal, imposing mechanoid kind of way. It would be a shame to have to blow it up...

Kal started filling out the paperwork for a Pertinax brand experimental payload to be delivered - directly to the Zodiac rig's goat-like face. What kind of payload should he choose..? There were so many flavors available!

• Seize the MCAD Prototype: 5 Luxe
  • Use an Autofalconer's services: 5 Luxe
  • Kill a Time Traveler or a Continuity Ranger: 5 Luxe
  • > Plan "Kill Capricorn with Kalpernicus": 40* Luxe (Ready by Round 20)
  • Unallocated funds: -15 Luxe
*bounties may increase as funds become available.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

x2

Scramble touches down cursing. She stalks back and forth along the ice, pontificating on the situation. Unpredictable death robots committing carnal acts upon themselves feature heavily in this dialog. Two mutants creep up, distracted from doing some mutant stuff in whatever hole they crawled out of. Scramble doesn't stop her pacing. One hand shoots out to point at the beefier looking of the pair, accompanied by a wave of psychic influence.

"You. Serve me."

Slack-jawed the manhunter nods. Scramble points at the other.

"You. Vector off."

The grunt slinks back into a rust streaked ice cave. Scramble taps a thoughtful finger on the underside of her mask. Well, at least she had finally gotten the hang of that trick. And getting help with the Zodiac had always been part of the plan. She had just wanted to land a big hit to make it easier for the others to swarm the thing and get off this frozen rock. It looks like it wouldn't be that easy.

Vox a mutant: 1d4 4

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Subverted:
[MIDGE / HP:3/3 [RIG:2/5] [METHMAW 3/5]/ MOVE: 2(1) [RIG: 3] [METHMAW:2] / FUEL: 23 / LUXE: 18 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, VIRAL PROLIFERATOR]

Well, feculence. He'd scanned this spot numerous times, travelled through it frequently, and *now* there was an ambush? Nothing to do but hold on tight to weather the initial storm, hope at least his rig survived, and return fire with overwhelming force and something special.

Suppress with the Gamma Enforcer. Load the ▌▃'▓'▇'▍▉'▐'▊▅'▂'▇ into the Junker's Delight and try to kill them. Remaining rigs on cleanup duty. ▌▃'▓'▇'▍▉'▐'▊▅'▂'▇ i in the Junker's Delight at a mutie: 1d8 5 ▌▃'▓'▇'▍▉'▐'▊▅'▂'▇ i in the Junker's Delight at a mutie rampage 1: 1d8 2

Wishlist: Let's see if I live through this, depends if they focus fire or try to take out my minions, I suspect. If not, it's been a quite literal wild ride.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 17, 2018

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

[quote="Theantero" post="482177613"]

Bobby-Jack peered over the rock at the rigs.

"...Actually, scratch that. I'm pretty sure I can only take on the Beta on my next attck run. The Gammas have dispersed too far to be taken simultaneously. At least the only actual threat here will be destroyed. As for you", Bobby-Jack looked her rig over, "...I suggest evasion. That thing you have is really shiny, but it can't take... I'd say more than one burst from a Beta class autogun."

LUCINDA can peek
Erupting on Rigs with X-Scope, rolls in order: Beta, 2x Gamma: 3#1d10= 6, 3, 3

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

"Sounds good, I think it's this-"

The rig lurches to one side, phasing.

Evade

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch
Ambush!
Mutant Soldier 1 misses Meth-Maw!
Mutant Soldier 2 misses Meth-Maw!
Mutant Soldier 3 misses Meth-Maw!
Mutant Soldier 4 attacks Meth-Maw! Meth-Maw takes 2 damage! (1/5)

Gamma Enforcer lays down Suppression! Mutant Soldiers are downscaled!
Mutant Soldier 1 lays down Suppression! Midge and Allies are downscaled!

Midge attacks [Silly▓Cow┐] 1! [Silly▓Cow┐] 1 takes 16 DAMAGE and is [¤dis¦solved¤]!
[¶Sick┴┬Dance!] Midge misses [Silly▓Cow┐] 2!
▌▃'▓'▇'▍▉'▐'▊▅'▂'▇ [≡slides≡]!
Beta Crawler misses Soldier 2!
Gamma Crawler misses Soldier 2!

Midge is credited 2 Luxe for mutant bounty!

Challenge Complete posted:

Hideous Dynamics - Use the ▌▃'▓'▇'▍▉'▐'▊▅'▂'▇ .
Midge is credited 10 Luxe for completion!
Hideous Dynamics is credited 5 Luxe for completion!

2. "Grumps" McGee
No encounter order.

3. Cryo
Cryo attempts to breach Cloaked Bunker...No success!
No response from Cloaked Bunker!

4. Stev Ansahok
Stev attacks Gamma Enforcer 1! Enforcer 1 takes 10 DAMAGE and is destroyed!

Enforcer 1 misses Stev!
Enforcer 2 attacks Stev! Stev takes 1 damage!

[¶Sick┴┬Dance!]▌▃'▓'▇'▍▉'▐'▊▅'▂'▇ [≡slides≡] into Enforcer 2! Enforcer 2 takes 6 damage and is [¤dis¦solved¤]! 9 Luxe hits the ground!
[¶Sick┴┬Dance!]▌▃'▓'▇'▍▉'▐'▊▅'▂'▇ [≡slides≡] into Stev Ansahok! Stev takes 3 damage!
Stev recieves Exotic Matter Slug!
!

Stev is credited 2 Luxe for rig bounty!
Midge is credited 2 Luxe for rig bounty!

Challenge Complete posted:

Rook EngOrg - Betray an Ally
Midge is credited 10 Luxe for completion!
Rook is credited 5 Luxe for completion!

6. Scramble
Scramble attempts to recruit Mutant Manhunter! Mutant Manhunter is now a retainer!

[¶Sick┴┬Dance!]▌▃'▓'▇'▍▉'▐'▊▅'▂'▇ [≡slides≡] into Mutant Grunt! Mutant Grunt takes 14 DAMAGE and is [¤dis¦solved¤]!
[¶Sick┴┬Dance!] ▌▃'▓'▇'▍▉'▐'▊▅'▂'▇ [≡slides≡] into Scramble's Manhunter! Scramble's Manhunter takes 13 DAMAGE and is [¤dis¦solved¤]!
▌▃'▓'▇'▍▉'▐'▊▅'▂'▇ misses Scramble!

Midge is credited 6 Luxe for mutant bounty!

Lucinda Evades!

Beta Enforcer fails to track Lucinda!
Gamma Enforcer 1 fails to track Lucinda!
Gamma Enforcer 2 fails to damage Bobby-Jack!

Bobby-Jack erupts!
Beta Enforcer takes 3 damage and is destroyed!
Gamma Enforcer 1 avoids damage!
Gamma Enforcer 2 avoids damage!

Bobby-Jack is credited 5 Luxe for rig bounty!

[¶Sick┴┬Dance!] ▌▃'▓'▇'▍▉'▐'▊▅'▂'▇ [≡slides≡] into Gamma Enforcer 1! Enforcer 1 takes 9 Damage and is [¤dis¦solved¤]! 7 Luxe hits the ground!
[¶Sick┴┬Dance!] ▌▃'▓'▇'▍▉'▐'▊▅'▂'▇ misses Gamma Enforcer 2!

Midge is credited 2 Luxe for Rig bounty!

:siren: Wreckers, take Action! :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 17, 2018

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:what:

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 17, 2018

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

:stonklol::respek::magical:

Orders posted:

Virtual Domain Partners

Added Challenge
• Transmat Exotic Matter Slug.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Subverted:
[MIDGE / HP:3/3 [RIG:2/5] [METHMAW 1/5]/ MOVE: 2(1) [RIG: 3] [METHMAW:2] / FUEL: 23 / LUXE: 18 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, VIRAL PROLIFERATOR]

Whoa.
He checked his account balance, blinking incredulously at some of the latest adds, crestfallen at a betrayal credit for injuring Stev, although dumping a load of Luxe in the hex might soften that blow. Midge eyed the remaining muties warily, and cranked up his antenna gain.

Scan!

Wishlist: That was one hell of a trick shot. Anyone want to dabble in rig repair? Edit: Ooh, nearly forgot! Someone blat me an optiscope for my virus?

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 17, 2018

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

x2

"What in the seventeen jovian hells was that?"

But of course there's no reply as Scramble is once again alone. She stares at the evaporating puddle of exotic matter that was her newly enslaved ally.

"Fine. Message received, universe. Scramble is solo. Fine."

She taps on her wristcomp, trying to get a bead on the Zodiac to see which path it had taken from the caldera. As an offhand to a camera drone she adds, "Any fine orbital bartenders know how to make a three mile island ice tea? I'm asking for mutagens again, dear sponsors, as companionship seems to be a bust."

Action: Scan

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Rook Engineered Organisms

This is Rook.

That was very

INTEReSTING

We salivate to see future experiments involving it.

Speaking of which: the Exotic Matter Slug. We desire it. Send it to us for

PRizES

Finally, our Beloved Daughter [Scrambles]. We see you

LANGUiSHING
in
LONEliNESS

on Rime's barren surface. Accept these gifts and recall you are never alone.

NEvER

This was Rook.

(Two Experimental Mutagens to darling Scramble!)

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Incredulous for several moments, Aethelred finally adds a new request.

transmat the exotic matter slug to Pertinax

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

[CRYO / HP: 5/6 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 010 / SQUIDPACK STATUS: FULL / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, EYEGEAR, THREADED VISUALIZER, OVERCLOCKED GENERATOR, BIGGER GOODBYE / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE, CHILD OF THE ATOM, BESTIAL FUGUE, ABHORRENT RENDING, ABLATIVE LIMB, CADDISFLY KID]

Well, turns out that sheer cliff face really was just rock and not a cleverly disguised vault entrance. It had to be around here somewhere, but Cryo would have to look harder. In the meantime, though, she sat down against a convenient boulder for a quick breather and some quality mutagen time. They were going down smoother and smoother with every new enhancement, but there was still the occasional bout of geneshock.

This one, though.... hell, it was almost professional grade. No horrific side effects, no potentially fatal hemorrhages, no writhing about screaming in a pool of toxins, no nothing. Just a quick chirp from her integration module (since when did she have an "integration module"?) and some scrolling text across her retinal inlays about intersynovial autotomic sphincters and a quick tutorial video on how to use her new adhesive glands to improvise combat armor out of scrap. She could get used to this kind of treatment.

Mutagen: 2#1d20 4 6, picking 6 for Ablative Limb and Caddisfly Kid

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lotta sponsors want to have that interesting look chunk of <word obscured by static> taken right off the field. That sounds boring to me, let's have some fun with it first! See what it's good for!

Use the Exotic Matter Slug as a fist-weight to punch someone. Or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

IPC

The IPC Revolutionary Tribunal has seen the work of the ▌▃'▓'▇'▍▉'▐'▊▅'▂'▇.
We ask that a brave Wrecker Catch that bullet and transmat it