Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blockchain prenup
Mar 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

FluffieDuckie posted:

it needs to be something we all enjoy seeing over and over that the user will want to change as soon as possible

Any of these are more than suitable:

https://imgur.com/a/hx4wj

Edit: ah, hosed it. Nevermind.

Chris Pistols has issued a correction as of 15:58 on Mar 17, 2018

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im looking forward to the stupid lurkbot 3000 image

cnut
May 3, 2016

Hugh Malone posted:

something with this maybs

écrasez l'enfant

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
the trump av is perfect just because so many crybabies get upset over it. A husband/wife duo in the LP subforum had a giant shitfit about it and quit the forums forever when it was brand new

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

As funny as barnacle Jim av is it's a bad idea because new users have no clue who this ugly dude is. Make stupid newbie a silly doll, or I dunno a Kardashian? Phone posting btw otherwise I'd submit options

Cephalectomy posted:

the trump av is perfect just because so many crybabies get upset over it. A husband/wife duo in the LP subforum had a giant shitfit about it and quit the forums forever when it was brand new

Lowtax is trying to drive up new memberships ya dingus

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
make it the border that says stupid newbie, but the inside is randomly pulled from various places like the ad animals and zoomed in trump face and maybe throw in like some buddahs or something

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
every time it loads it will be different

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

alnilam posted:

SA newcomer being scared off thinking that SA was super into... that guy.

lol you got concern trolled by a rereg

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

cnut
May 3, 2016

who dis

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think "Stupid Newbie" should be replaced with "Cheap-rear end Motherfucker."

Or Broke-rear end.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Suggesting we use that greasy brony as the new Stupid Newbie.

Cephalectomy posted:

That was glorious.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Cephalectomy posted:

link

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Cephalectomy posted:

:yeah:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

voting this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Bring back the baby or toilet lord imo

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Who doesn't love Baby Herman?

Or alternately, just a dumb drawing of a baby.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

This is a great baby drawing

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

While I'm pretty sure I know what this is referencing, at the same time it's triggering some long dormant neurons in my brain and it looks totally like an old textbook or school poster I vaguely remember. Or maybe like the title screen to some long forgotten PBS show or Commodore 64 game or something, and it's driving me insane now.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

This is really good.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cephalectomy posted:

WOW YEAH THAT THING YOU DIDNT PROVIDE A LINK TO SURE WAS FUNNY THANKS FORUMS PAL

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Frankly I'm still pissed that TOILETLORD was taken from us so soon.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Toilet lord was good, yeah

I do really like the STUPID NEWBIE frame because it makes it abundantly clear to what might be a sightly confused newcomer, that this is the default av, and you're gonna have to change it if you don't like it

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

alnilam posted:

Toilet lord was good, yeah

I do really like the STUPID NEWBIE frame because it makes it abundantly clear to what might be a sightly confused newcomer, that this is the default av, and you're gonna have to change it if you don't like it

That's a good point, but I do gotta vouch for the fun little process of discovery for the rest of us when we slowly begin to realize they changed the newbie avatar as you notice more and more BonziBuddies or GARBAGE DICKS popping up and generally making bad posts and then you realize you haven't seen the old newbie av in a while and 2 plus 2 is four and you get a little chuckle.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Dogmeat posted:

While I'm pretty sure I know what this is referencing, at the same time it's triggering some long dormant neurons in my brain and it looks totally like an old textbook or school poster I vaguely remember. Or maybe like the title screen to some long forgotten PBS show or Commodore 64 game or something, and it's driving me insane now.

Loss if it was heavily 90s "cool" typesetting

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Bring back the mighty Toilet Lord.

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

Blast of Confetti posted:

WOW YEAH THAT THING YOU DIDNT PROVIDE A LINK TO SURE WAS FUNNY THANKS FORUMS PAL

YOURE WELCOME PALBERT! I just dont have archives

el_jorge
Jul 7, 2008

I also got a bag of chocolate smooth.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Labes for days posted:

Agreed. Toiletlord was the poo poo. Anyone have the original image?

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Loss if it was heavily 90s "cool" typesetting

yeah that's what i figured but the i in stupid was an exacto knife i think, and the i in newbie was a ruler. it's almost beat for beat some forgotten piece of advertising my brain has retained and it's, like, trying to kick on the manchurian candidate/elder god summoning madness parts implanted in my brain every time i see it. i guess what i'm saying is that it's the one i'm voting for.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Labes for days posted:

Agreed

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Should be that wool fetish guy like someone said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

• Locked thread