Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

algebra testes posted:

I started watching this and I'm up to season 2.... this seems a bit uneven all of a sudden. Does the show get out of this nose dive of Barry being a un-fun grump moping around the whole time?

In season 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

There was a point late last season that would've been perfect to merge the Caitlin and KF personalities and move the character forward (if only to cut the lame Diet Hulk antics and give Caitlin some backbone) but it wooshed right over the writers' heads and now she's just a walking checkbox for "used freeze FX this episode" and having Danielle Panabaker make worried faces at a lab console.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s probably a pretty good gig though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

Iris your blog is fuckin ugly

Everything is ugly standing next to Iris.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Everything is ugly standing next to Iris.

It's nuts that they have these crazy attractive women on the show and Candice Patton just makes them all look like they haven't been to makeup yet.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

It's nuts that they have these crazy attractive women on the show and Candice Patton just makes them all look like they haven't been to makeup yet.

Have you seen Patty's instagram? Because gawd daym!.
She's a solid 99/100
https://www.instagram.com/therealshantel/

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

algebra testes posted:

I started watching this and I'm up to season 2.... this seems a bit uneven all of a sudden. Does the show get out of this nose dive of Barry being a un-fun grump moping around the whole time?

Get out while you still can!

(Legends of Tomorrow is the opposite. Terrible season 1 and then it just takes off somehow)

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

MiddleOne posted:

Get out while you still can!

(Legends of Tomorrow is the opposite. Terrible season 1 and then it just takes off somehow)

Because it's full of Flash refugees.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rhyno posted:

But that's also because Danielle Panabacker keeps stealing all the makeup. She is painfully glossy.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

McSpanky posted:

There was a point late last season that would've been perfect to merge the Caitlin and KF personalities and move the character forward (if only to cut the lame Diet Hulk antics and give Caitlin some backbone) but it wooshed right over the writers' heads and now she's just a walking checkbox for "used freeze FX this episode" and having Danielle Panabaker make worried faces at a lab console.

Aren't they hinting they're still gonna do this? When Cait and whoever were talking in Jitters and got interrupted by Barry's daughter, the thing Caitlin was saying is that for the first time, she actually started to remembere some of the things she was doing as Frost.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'm just hoping that now since Kreisberg's gone, the entire writing staff won't get canned and the show will actually have a chance to get steadily better instead of just throwing poo poo at the wall to see what sticks.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

XboxPants posted:

Aren't they hinting they're still gonna do this? When Cait and whoever were talking in Jitters and got interrupted by Barry's daughter, the thing Caitlin was saying is that for the first time, she actually started to remembere some of the things she was doing as Frost.

That episode did also have KF express concern for Caitlin's safety, so yea, there could be something moving there.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Are you telling me having frost powers doesn’t automatically make you evil anymore? I will not stand for this.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Well Iris had proven that being a speedster doesn't make you a moron so anything is possible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LongDarkNight posted:

Well Iris had proven that being a speedster doesn't make you a moron so anything is possible.

No, Iris knew if she kept the speed it would slowly give her brain damage. That's why she gave Barry his speed back.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

No, Iris knew if she kept the speed it would slowly give her brain damage. That's why she gave Barry his speed back.

Yeah. Notice how Barry got markedly smarter for the duration of this episode when he didn't have his speed. Coincidence? I think not.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Barry's feeling the mode. Wally doesn't get his poo poo turned inside out by the speedforce.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Cause Wally left to go meditate. Barry needs to integrated Wells’ smart hat into his costume.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Invalid Validation posted:

Cause Wally left to go meditate. Barry needs to integrated Wells’ smart hat into his costume.

Wally went to a better place, Legends of to Tomorrow!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Wally went to a better place, Legends of to Tomorrow!

Doubly so, because Love, Simon (aka the real reason why Wally got written off of Flash) premiered this weekend in theaters, and from the sound of it it's really drat good too. It was also directed by Greg Berlanti, fyi.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

Doubly so, because Love, Simon (aka the real reason why Wally got written off of Flash) premiered this weekend in theaters, and from the sound of it it's really drat good too. It was also directed by Greg Berlanti, fyi.

I read that he's in the film for like 4 scenes but it's nice to know that he wasn't pushed out for no reason.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Should've kept Iris as a speedster.
At least as far as this episode went, the reversed roles did seem to work a lot better.

Zebulon posted:

Then they screwed that up because Vixen takes place in and is from actual Detroit by name.
IIRC DC Earth has all of the real world's cities and also a bunch more because it's just bigger than the real Earth.

Avalerion posted:

Ep was good, though almost like they were responding to some critism against Iris directly - like rememembering she’s supposed to be a reporter. :D
I thought this episode actually did a pretty good job of showing that she has a significant role in the team now and the others do look to her for leadership - and then just undermined all that at the end by having her decide she needs to restart her lovely blog that looks like a website from the '90s.

Mooseontheloose posted:

I liked that Barry was willing to give his powers up so Iris could have them too, something very honest and cute about that.
It fit his character really well (the non-mopey version anyway) by emphasising his selflessness and his respect for Iris.

pile of brown posted:

They better kill melting point in the next episode because holy poo poo is his power OP.
If they were going to kill off characters whose powers were way too good they'd have to start with Barry. 90% of the team's problems shouldn't even be an issue given what we've seen him do previously.

Invalid Validation posted:

Does it matter if the Flash is a black woman? Joe even called her The Flash? I mean besides racists anyways.
When that second emergency siren went off, when Barry and Iris were in the training room, I really wanted him to notice the alarm and say something like "What are you waiting for, Flash?" By the time Joe said it I was just glad someone had.

Autism Sneaks posted:

If Barry, Wally and Avery Ho can all be the Flash in comics, I don't see why Iris can't co-Flash
Because this show has consistently demonstrated that it has no idea how to handle two speedsters at once. Although it might work if Melting Point sticks around and Iris is just the Flash while Barry's at his day job.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I was surprised Iris didn't end up with the fire powers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

OB_Juan posted:

I was surprised Iris didn't end up with the electric powers.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Tiggum posted:

Because this show has consistently demonstrated that it has no idea how to handle two speedsters at once one speedster.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Just watching Enter Flashtime and did they literally for no reason just say "Wally's Not Here" off screen before Jesse starts talking to her dad?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Grem posted:

Just watching Enter Flashtime and did they literally for no reason just say "Wally's Not Here" off screen before Jesse starts talking to her dad?

They used to date. Not hard to understand.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I get that, but the way it was off screen and after she had been there for a minute was more to remind the audience than to tell her, since she wasn't even on screen at the time and before and after she was she was talking to her father.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It wasn't offscreen.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wally is better off with Zari anyways.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Also it wasn't off-screen, Barry does a loving hillarious 45-degree lean-in from behind another character to poke out his head and deliver the line in question.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Grem posted:

I get that, but the way it was off screen and after she had been there for a minute was more to remind the audience than to tell her, since she wasn't even on screen at the time and before and after she was she was talking to her father.

:thejoke: is barry completely misreading her reason for being there, it's supposed to be incongruous

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
Maybe it was an outtake that they decided to put in the show because it was funny?

Just spitballing...

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

fractalairduct posted:

:thejoke: is barry completely misreading her reason for being there, it's supposed to be incongruous

Yeah, Barry's an idiot. Occam's Razor. Stop looking for more complicated reasons :v:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Did the CCPD ever paint over that room of equations Barry was writing down when he got out of the Speed Force, or is it still there?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Davros1 posted:

Did the CCPD ever paint over that room of equations Barry was writing down when he got out of the Speed Force, or is it still there?

They leave it there to intimidate perps

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Candice Patton played Superhero Strip Poker on GMM today. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu1P3ryF3Xo

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Looks like we might be getting more Council of Wells in the future. The titles for episodes 21 and 22 were released today: “Harry and the Harrisons” and “Think Fast.”

Personally, I hope the second one involves Barry getting whacked in the head by a beer can, but we’ll see.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm sorry but until we know which house was bitchin' I can't take any of this seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Renewed