Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Go whichever team plays against this cheating pack of shits. loving bury Kearney in the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
To be fair however it was a pretty good all round team performance from the demons, Cunningham was probably the only real failure tonight.

I was most impressed with Lauren Pearce's game, she doesn't get a lot of attention but isn't afraid to stay involved in the play wherever she can unlike a lot of rucks

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I hope Brisbane make it because SFT is going to loving murder them.

If we deserved to be in the grand final we would have beaten freo and/or collingwood, but we sure as gently caress deserved to win tonight.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Mar 17, 2018

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
That was actually a pretty entertaining game to watch as a neutral. Felt for Melbourne at the end.

Pretty simple equation now. If Crows win tomorrow it's Bulldogs vs Crows. If the Crows draw or lose, it's Bulldogs vs Brisbane.

Over to you, Crows!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Oh Melbourne :allears:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Melbourne Demons, in name, spirit and chumpiness.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Melbourne post season trip and actual season rolled into one.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Go Crows!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Collingwood are allowed to do whatever they want in forward 50 as long as they score a goal, throws and not being called for HTB are totally fine

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Crows are screwed.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

lmao the umpire just completely hosed up a ruck nomination and gave Collingwood a free kick at the top of the square

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

A potential good finish totally loving ruined by an academy halfwit umpire

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The Fix is in?

Wonder how Tayla Harris is taking being on the wooden spoon team while her old team goes into the GF.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Probs going for Bulldogs next week I think.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
What happened with that ruck infringement? I have absolutely no idea what the free kick was for, whether it was the Crows nominating incorrectly or an umpiring mistake.

Disappointing finish to the season, but honestly, we probably don't deserve to be there in what has been a pretty average season from the Crows. Good luck next week Brisbane!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Schlesische posted:

Wonder how Tayla Harris is taking being on the wooden spoon team while her old team goes into the GF.

She's probably thinking "One more year and I can take big money to be in the same club as Dusty :swoon:"

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Schlesische posted:

The Fix is in?

Probably doens't mind, she's in Melbourne and can grow her boxing career. Footy will be a bit of a sidegig for her I think, despite being a pretty great player.

Or yeah, get picked up by Richmond so she can marry dustin martin.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
At least there's one team in the final I am happy to barrack for now

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

1h 27m until the Goon Golden Spoon draft, start getting your spreadsheets and scouting reports ready

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The draft is open and picks start in 10 minutes

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

The draft is open and picks start in 10 minutes

I'm ready to pick players who will inevitably let me down or get injured!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Looks like 3 4 5 of us are participating live, at least, plus I'm dual screening the bye

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

But hey on the plus side there’s whatever the gently caress this is I guess

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
All misfortune that befalls Melbourne is Jake Lever karma

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Oh yeah, morning drafts... after St Patricks. This was an oversight on the date.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

So if you use the idea of every team being an even chance to win the premiership to establish to what degree a team has done better or worse than their expected average since their last premiership.

Essentially this is a percentile ranking of how good teams are at failing to be the most recent premier

(these numbers do account for different numbers of teams in the comp at different times)

Team | What % of teams would be expected to have won at least one more premiership since their last
RIC N/A
WBD 5.56%
HAW 10.8%
SYD 24.86%
GEE 29.03%
GWS 29.03%
COL 33.21%
GCS 33.21%
WCE 48.40%
PTA 54.65%
BRI 57.49%
ESS 64.97%
NME 67.16%
ADE 69.21%
CAR 74.63%
FRE 74.63%
STK 97.65%
MEL 98.02%

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Mar 18, 2018

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Solemn Sloth posted:

Team | What % of teams would be expected to have won at least one more premiership since their last
FRE 74.63%
GWS 29.03%
GCS 33.21%

:what:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Treating those teams the same as if they had won the premiership the year before they entered the comp seemed the most reasonable.

It gives Freo effectively the same drought as Carlton because they've gone the same number of seasons active without winning a flag.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

So if you use the idea of every team being an even chance to win the premiership to establish to what degree a team has done better or worse than their expected average since their last premiership.

Essentially this is a percentile ranking of how good teams are at failing to be the most recent premier

(these numbers do account for different numbers of teams in the comp at different times)

RIC N/A
WBD 5.56%
HAW 10.8%
SYD 24.86%
GEE 29.03%
GWS 29.03%
COL 33.21%
GCS 33.21%
WCE 48.40%
PTA 54.65%
BRI 57.49%
ESS 64.97%
NME 67.16%
ADE 69.21%
CAR 74.63%
FRE 74.63%
STK 97.65%
MEL 98.02%

Hey look on the bright side, youre beating everyone else on percentage for the first time in 2 years!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The best thing about the AFLW is starting the men’s season with my heart already broken

football existence was a mistake

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Melbourne FC:

:gbsmith:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I miss just being aggressively, putridly, bring the game into disrepute style bad. Things were far easier back in those golden years.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://twitter.com/nathanmj22/status/975278492408565760

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Katie Brennan is gonna miss the grand final, offered a 1 game ban for rough conduct on Harriet Cordner

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
RIP Katie Brennan, died as she lived, handing out sling tackles.

lmao

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

Katie Brennan is gonna miss the grand final, offered a 1 game ban for rough conduct on Harriet Cordner

Seems only fair given Cordner will also miss the grand final imho

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Essendon and possibly a few other clubs have told the AFL where to stick their new club song recordings and will stick with the originals.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
It's time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
he looks like he's racked an ounce of coke and drunk most of a bottle of johnny walker

so pretty much the same as he looked last year