Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I still am it’s that Beekman moved to the top of my list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm very interested to see what bk has to say about as' result.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
good morning!

Hal Incandenza posted:

AS for tracker of the year this game I guess.

Wonder if it would have been better to wait for BK to claim before revealing this but whatever.

yeah i wanted to wait but i didn't want to wake up to a locked thread so i thought it best to claim before bed. part of me still thinks sal is scummier.

flerp posted:

anyways i dont rly believe sal's claim because i dont know how he wouldve gotten something at the start of n2, when nobody who has an item has said anything about being able to pass it on in the day, nor has anyone else gotten the item at the start of a night/end of a day

its also rly convient that he happened to give the gift to the person who happened to die when sal happened to be tracked to said person

fun fact: in the sub, bminus claimed to be a tracker who tracked moat who was nked.

thankyou flerp i was having trouble encapsulating my feelings on sal.

catching up!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Atomic Soda posted:

good morning!

did anyone get a gift today?

##vote bk

I assume this means you tracked me. I’m not fully caught up, but either way!

I’m an Inquisitor (town-aligned cult cop) and am looking for radicals who are trying to bring about the destruction of the ruling class. Ecco decided it would be funny to give me an anti-communist cop for a role since I’m a leftist.

I’m not a very useful cop though because I’ve visited three people and gotten three NOT CULTS

N1: TMM
N2: Birb
N3: Monathin

I was suspicious of Monathin for my own reasons yesterday which is why I investigated him N3. Not thrilled about that person ending up dead and me being tracked, but it is what it is.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Obviously I’m worried that this means there’s a cult

I think after getting three NOT CULTS in a row, either I’m completely loving useless or there is not a cult.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

i think bk was pretty scummy on day 1. he pushed db over sober and was pretty buddy with sober until called out. he did however end up voting sober at the end of the day.

day 2 he seemed fine, sole vote on tmm at end of the day.

day 3 made noise about voting tmm again but left us hanging at end of day. it was p much him or hal i was following last night and i liked bk less from day 1.

part of me wonders if we should respect mmts last wishes and kill sal tho.

:same:

I left nobody hanging, I just don’t post after hammer no matter what.

I was ready to lunch at 9:59 but I hit preview and you had already done it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

flerp posted:

what me and sal do in the bedroom is none of your business

i can’t believe you’d cheat on me like this

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I need to reread some posts before I conclude who I think is scum today. I think there’s something I’m forgetting about in the pivot from TMM to Mr. F D2 that might help cement some of my thoughts.

Also I just caught up with 150 posts and my eyes glaze over at a bunch of night action puzzle stuff. Could someone summarize what’s going on with Sal and the Case of the Blood Red Ruby?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

BottleKnight posted:

I need to reread some posts before I conclude who I think is scum today. I think there’s something I’m forgetting about in the pivot from TMM to Mr. F D2 that might help cement some of my thoughts.

Also I just caught up with 150 posts and my eyes glaze over at a bunch of night action puzzle stuff. Could someone summarize what’s going on with Sal and the Case of the Blood Red Ruby?

I got a Ruby N2. The flavor described it as blood red. Obviously I didn't want to use it or hold onto it so I gave it to Chaoslord who wound up dead.

I believe it was Flerp got an Emerald and someone else got a Trident

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
i don’t really believe BK and I think scum have just been really bad with fake claims

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

It's late here, so I'll come back to this once I have had some sleep, but isn't it probable that we'd have seen someone flip cult by now? Not sure I buy BK's claim.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m out and shouldn’t really be mafiaing but is there any evidence that BK thought there was a cult in his earlier posting?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’m out and shouldn’t really be mafiaing but is there any evidence that BK thought there was a cult in his earlier posting?

No. I didn’t want to give away that I was the cult cop silly!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

BottleKnight posted:

I’m an Inquisitor (town-aligned cult cop) and am looking for radicals who are trying to bring about the destruction of the ruling class. Ecco decided it would be funny to give me an anti-communist cop for a role since I’m a leftist.

I’m not a very useful cop though because I’ve visited three people and gotten three NOT CULTS

I was suspicious of Monathin for my own reasons yesterday which is why I investigated him N3. Not thrilled about that person ending up dead and me being tracked, but it is what it is.

this is a lie I've been recruited into birb cult

But uhhhhhh I'm not sure what to think about this. So far we've had one actually dead cop (King Burgundy), a loud CPR doctor that was actually scum and now another cop? But a cult cop when we've seen no evidence of any cult stuff? Not that I don't think it's possible in an Ecco game, but it's a role claim that can't really be disputed because 1. Nobody is going to be like hey, I'm in a cult, this dude has a legit role, and 2. uhhh I don't know my other point but yeah it's just a role again that isn't serving any purpose to town and insinuating there would be some cult amongst people that aren't Birb plus the 1 or 2 scum that are probably left?

Also wouldn't the first thought to your role, if your role is legit, be to just investigate the people that came back from the sub? Maybe press flerp a little more since he's the last survivor that maybe wanted to start a cult from there or something? I think the birb investigation is a weird choice for it, Monathin a good choice if he also didn't die the same night.

I'm not really buying it.

##unvote Hal can wait, still not set in that.

##vote BK

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
What I'm most confused by its why did TMM return NOT CULT?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

What I'm most confused by its why did TMM return NOT CULT?

Cults and mafia are different. They're both scum, but you can be scum without being in the cult and vice versa.

https://www.samafia.net/wiki/Cult

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Also wouldn't the first thought to your role, if your role is legit, be to just investigate the people that came back from the sub? Maybe press flerp a little more since he's the last survivor that maybe wanted to start a cult from there or something? I think the birb investigation is a weird choice for it, Monathin a good choice if he also didn't die the same night.

I had feelings about birb and the way he was posting and people were reacting to him made me wary that he could be a cult leader.

It wasn't until I had 2 NOT CULTS where I went hmmm maybe the cult came from the sub

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

OK, that actually does seem like an Ecco sort of role. It also seems a little TOO weirdly rare to be fake.

TMMs latest posting feels pretty genuine to me and we still have to account for a second kill which are points in his favor too. And he's playing... as opposed to Mr. F who as town usually would at least have gambits that lead someplace.

I think I want to ##vote Mr F a bit more than TMM at this point. Obviously if we see that type of kill again he's done for and if he is town he'll be an asset since he seems to want to actually play now. Still need to look at other people though.

Birdstrike posted:

I still have a lot of doubt about TMM but otoh mr f gtfo ##unvote

##vote mr f

LupusAter posted:

The more I think about it, the more I feel like it'd be an incredibly ballsy fakeclaim. And apparently the role is in the realm of possibilty, given the OP. gently caress it, let's lynch lurkers.

##unvote

##vote Mr. F

sentimental snail posted:

oh no I forgot to ##unvote even after specifically recalling to do so before ##vote "magnus"

These 4 votes all happened within 20 minutes. All 4 players are still alive. I think there is almost certainly scum here. Of the 4, I feel the worst about Lupus in general.

Lupus's grant action throws me off a little but if the choice is him or Sal (or me but i'm town) I'm gonna ##vote lupus

oh, and as a reminder, right after hal gave mr f that second vote (after tmm's vote) and very easily created an opportunity to do a run on Mr F (that literally did happen, immediately, in the next 20 minutes), I posted this:

BottleKnight posted:

My feelings have not moved. Just gonna go ahead and ##vote tmm

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I bet the cult has stupid hats and a trident

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hooray a thing ##vote beek

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SalTheBard posted:

I got a Ruby N2. The flavor described it as blood red. Obviously I didn't want to use it or hold onto it so I gave it to Chaoslord who wound up dead.

I believe it was Flerp got an Emerald and someone else got a Trident

I received the Emerald, flerp apparently received a trident.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
what are you idiots do]ng with all these things?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dick Bastardly posted:

I received the Emerald, flerp apparently received a trident.

Sorry. I was phone posting and couldn't double check.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I totally see how BK visiting a player that ends up dead is super suss and probably worthy of a vote. But what if he's telling the truth? I think his claim is a bit out there, which gives me a gut feel that it might just have a kernel of truth to it.

What if the items given out are recruitment tools? I think it is definitely within the realm of possibility.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

this is a lie I've been recruited into birb cult

is this a claim? hiding in plain sight?

Birdstrike posted:

what are you idiots do]ng with all these things?

If the objects are recruitment tools, then this post (coupled with DBD's post quoted here) looks like BK might be telling the truth.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
it's my bedtime now so I will not be responding immediately to any criticisms of my :tinfoil: theory, but I do encourage criticisms and will look forward to reading in the morning.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Dick Bastardly posted:

I totally see how BK visiting a player that ends up dead is super suss and probably worthy of a vote. But what if he's telling the truth? I think his claim is a bit out there, which gives me a gut feel that it might just have a kernel of truth to it.

What if the items given out are recruitment tools? I think it is definitely within the realm of possibility.

is this a claim? hiding in plain sight?

If the objects are recruitment tools, then this post (coupled with DBD's post quoted here) looks like BK might be telling the truth.

Are you serious DB

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
is the scum gimmick that they have to have really bad fake claims?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Are you serious DB

:emptyquote:

flerp posted:

is the scum gimmick that they have to have really bad fake claims?

yes

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

BottleKnight posted:

I left nobody hanging, I just don’t post after hammer no matter what.

I was ready to lunch at 9:59 but I hit preview and you had already done it.

i can see that this could be the case but to me atm it is suss, if you see my position.

BottleKnight posted:

i don't like the bolded bit, esp since the post just before was by me, responding to hal about my tracking results. seems faked.

db if he flips a cult cop at least we'll know that we have to worry about it.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Are you serious DB

I just wanted to explore all the angles.

Atomic Soda posted:

i can see that this could be the case but to me atm it is suss, if you see my position.

i don't like the bolded bit, esp since the post just before was by me, responding to hal about my tracking results. seems faked.

I have no objection to this. I'll wait till it's closer to deadline before putting bk @ -1 (or hammering if he's already there)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
It was late last night and I was not thinking straight. I can now see the glaring holes in my theory, ie BK clearing birb of cultiness and DBD not receiving (or claiming to receive) an item, blah blah blah im stupid :downs:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

I was catching up on posts and when I saw your vote I typed up that post. Then I continued to read through the 150 post backlog.

You can see why I was in favor of claiming today as soon as I saw the flip. Because I found it pretty likely that I would have been tracked to a dude that just died.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

I was catching up on posts and when I saw your vote I typed up that post. Then I continued to read through the 150 post backlog.

You can see why I was in favor of claiming today as soon as I saw the flip. Because I found it pretty likely that I would have been tracked to a dude that just died.

Yeah ok but why on earth would you not do that IMMEDIATELY instead of "well let me wait and see." and not come back for day to claim.

Also maybe I am missing it in your post history but I would think you would have something in there that would indicate you thought there was a cult in this game. That's pretty crucial info and something that we should know pretty early on because if true that would have a very strong effect on a game. Even if you didn't say so directly I would think you'd at least be trying to suss things out in the thread for yourself in some way.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah ok but why on earth would you not do that IMMEDIATELY instead of "well let me wait and see." and not come back for day to claim.

Also maybe I am missing it in your post history but I would think you would have something in there that would indicate you thought there was a cult in this game. That's pretty crucial info and something that we should know pretty early on because if true that would have a very strong effect on a game. Even if you didn't say so directly I would think you'd at least be trying to suss things out in the thread for yourself in some way.

Because I figure, if there is a cult, they’ll kill me once I claim.

I’m always hesitant to claim a cop role, Hal.

And why would I breadcrumb a cult Hal?? That’s an immediate “Oh hey recruit that guy before he can expose us” for sure.

I honestly don’t know why you would anticipate that I would play a cop role so poorly.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

Because I figure, if there is a cult, they’ll kill me once I claim.

I’m always hesitant to claim a cop role, Hal.

And why would I breadcrumb a cult Hal?? That’s an immediate “Oh hey recruit that guy before he can expose us” for sure.

I honestly don’t know why you would anticipate that I would play a cop role so poorly.

mafia edit: kill me or recruit me once I claim. Whatever powers they have, I don’t want them to know I’m the cult cop. But after three misses, I figure it’s probably too late for my role to be particularly helpful so I at least want to say that there’s a possibility for one to exist??

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Listen, lunch me if you gotta. When I flip town cult cop, I hope you all learn a valuable lesson in trusting Beek.

My top 2 scumpicks are Lupus and stickup, though stickup is more of a back and forth gut read. Not feeling great about his posts today.

I’ll be around today and tomorrow but vOv

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
*takes a deep breath*

CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CUL

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Birdstrike posted:

*takes a deep breath*

CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CULT ME CUL

:colbert:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
cult me and birb plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Lol

• Locked thread