Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014
its either sal or bk for me today tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
bk was probably like in scum chat "drat tmm got away with claiming loud cpr doctor i wonder what dumb fake claim i can do thatll make them not lynch me lol"

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
cpr doctor is the best claim, actually

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BottleKnight posted:

Listen, lunch me if you gotta. When I flip town cult cop, I hope you all learn a valuable lesson in trusting Beek.

My top 2 scumpicks are Lupus and stickup, though stickup is more of a back and forth gut read. Not feeling great about his posts today.

I’ll be around today and tomorrow but vOv

tbh it's kinda weird that one of your top two scum picks on D4 is a back and forth gut read who happens to be a mollusk that's been pointing an eyestalk at you for a while

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

BottleKnight posted:

Listen, lunch me if you gotta. When I flip town cult cop, I hope you all learn a valuable lesson in trusting Beek.

My top 2 scumpicks are Lupus and stickup, though stickup is more of a back and forth gut read. Not feeling great about his posts today.

I’ll be around today and tomorrow but vOv

Who is Stickup?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hello, it was me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

Because I figure, if there is a cult, they’ll kill me once I claim.

I’m always hesitant to claim a cop role, Hal.

And why would I breadcrumb a cult Hal?? That’s an immediate “Oh hey recruit that guy before he can expose us” for sure.

I honestly don’t know why you would anticipate that I would play a cop role so poorly.

I guess my feeling is that all games have scum, it is expected, so of course a cop doesn't need to say anything. A cult is highly unusual and a cult cop isn't quite the same as a normal cop so I don't think you can apply the same philosophy.

No one has flipped cult or recruiter so if there is a cult then they seemingly would already be about to get a majority if they get recruited once a night so it's also awfully late to let us know.

But I really don't buy it, it just seems too conveniently fake (along with almost every other non-standard claim we have had so far)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sentimental snail posted:

hello, it was me

dipj for life

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DB you implied earlier you thought the whatever it was you got was from scum or bad but you never elaborated why is that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

oh good I thought deadline was tonight we have another day

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Yeah, not really buying the cult cop claim. Also because you'd figure if there was an actual cult at least one of them would have tried arguing against lunching BK to avoid giving confirmation of the presence of a cult. DB sorta did that, but he's been fixated on the night gift thing for a while now, so I dunno.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

DB you implied earlier you thought the whatever it was you got was from scum or bad but you never elaborated why is that

The PM tells me the emerald seems to have "magickal" properties (doesn't say what it'll do if I use it) and it was a "magick fireball" attack that started this whole mess. So I immediately associate "magick" with scum.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

No, wait, strike that last bit. If there's a cult (a very big if), they'd win tomorrow if they all survive the night, assuming they started with a single recruiter who recruited someone every night. Feels like a cult cop would've been a bit more prompt in alerting, not waiting until the literal last day possible. Also thinking the odds of not finding any cultists among the flips are very low.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dick Bastardly posted:

The PM tells me the emerald seems to have "magickal" properties (doesn't say what it'll do if I use it) and it was a "magick fireball" attack that started this whole mess. So I immediately associate "magick" with scum.

Interesting the NK last night had fireball flavor and not trident.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Interesting the NK last night had fireball flavor and not trident.

I think it likely that each scum member has a different method of killing flavor wise, but i'm not sure going down that rabbit hole will help us find any scum.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Since I've never played in a game with a cult before is it safe to assume that when you flip you flip as a cultist (cop/tracker/watcher) etc?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

LupusAter posted:

No, wait, strike that last bit. If there's a cult (a very big if), they'd win tomorrow if they all survive the night, assuming they started with a single recruiter who recruited someone every night. Feels like a cult cop would've been a bit more prompt in alerting, not waiting until the literal last day possible. Also thinking the odds of not finding any cultists among the flips are very low.

I mean my results aren't useful if they're all NOT CULT, and my role isn't very useful if there's not a cult. I very much agree that we probably should've seen a cult flip by now, which is why I'm thinking it's fairly likely that there isn't a cult, and therefore my role isn't very useful!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

BottleKnight posted:

I mean my results aren't useful if they're all NOT CULT, and my role isn't very useful if there's not a cult. I very much agree that we probably should've seen a cult flip by now, which is why I'm thinking it's fairly likely that there isn't a cult, and therefore my role isn't very useful!

But it makes no sense to have a Cult Cop but not a Cult. Like that makes 0 sense to me.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

SalTheBard posted:

But it makes no sense to have a Cult Cop but not a Cult. Like that makes 0 sense to me.

:ssh: its because its a scum fake claim :ssh:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

flerp posted:

I'm really loving tired after this weekend.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

flerp posted:

p sure it’s something I would do as a mod and I could see Ecco doing that as well but I don’t think we’d include a normal cop, a cult cop and have actual scum

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
what I’m trying to say is that I respect Ecco’s setups but I don’t buy it here

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
all im saying is that if there's a cult and we lynch bk then recruit me so i can win tia

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

all im saying is that if there's a cult and we lynch bk then recruit me so i can win tia

but if there is a cult BK is probably the recruiter...

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i dont know why bk as a cultist would claim cult cop but thats a risk im willing to take

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

flerp posted:

i dont know why bk as a cultist would claim cult cop but thats a risk im willing to take

Same here. It feels like a lie. As I'm not sure I will be here later in the day I want to vote now. After checking votefinder this will put BK at -1. ##vote Bk

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I don't feel the need to unvote for more discussion

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
im thibking about unvoting but I’m lazy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote BK godspeed

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Final Day 4 Votecount :c:

BottleKnight (6): Atomic Soda, Birdstrike, Deadbeat Dad, sentimental snail, SalTheBard, Hal Incandenza
LupusAter (1): BottleKnight
SalTheBard (1): Birdstrike, flerp, -Birdstrike
Hal Incandenza (0): Deadbeat Dad, -Deadbeat Dad

Not Voting (2): Dick Bastardly, LupusAter

:h: With 10 players alive, it took 6 votes to be executed.

==========

The town settled on bottleknight this day; he claimed, in addition to the monsters, that the diplomats have been plagued by a vile cult. That a member of this cult has not yet been seen - or even that the cult's existence has heretofore been unknown - only served as further "proof" to BK. "Obviously the cult isn't going to announce it exists!" he raved. "And I couldn't warn you about it - that'd clue them in that I'm onto them!"

This town does not suffer foolishness lightly (anymore...), and so BK was given the airlock. When he died though he did not reveal any monster blood, nor did he chant a cultist's dirge. Checking his room revealed that he had been telling the truth about his identity.

:s: bottleknight, Ui'afol, Inquisitor (town-aligned cult cop), was executed day 4.:s:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Sorry for the long night!

========

Another morning, another series of brutal murders. First is Atomic Soda; she was killed when she was run through with a trident. Her room showed she was an accomplished captain - she was even the personal driver for the late Ma'jaruna. Her loyalty was unquestionable, and her skill at navigating the undersea waves was unparalleled.

:s: Atomic Soda, Gapa Punic, Captain (town-aligned tracker), was stabbed to death night 4. :s:

Next was Dick Bastardly, who, judging by the state of his room, was burned alive. Everything was charred to a cinder, including a Dick Bastardly-shaped skeleton that was splayed over a chair and desk. Strange, though; the room was thoroughly burned, yet there are lingering flames, no cinders, and everything is cool to the touch.

:s: Dick Bastardly, Tupoua, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), was burned to a crisp night 4. :s:

Additionally, on the floor next to DB's desk is a beautiful emerald. It is the size of a fist, and seems to be cut in such a way that it always captures the light from the room inside of it.

An ITEM is available! The first player to type ##grab EMERALD will acquire a magickal jewel with unknown effects.

It is now Day 5.
:h: With 7 alive it takes 4 to execute.
:d: Day 5 deadline: Thursday, March 22nd, ~11PM EDT / ~8PM PDT / Friday, ~2PM AEDT.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 5 Votecount :c:

Not Voting (7): Birdstrike, Deadbeat Dad, flerp, Hal Incandenza, LupusAter, SalTheBard, sentimental snail

:h: With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 22nd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in a little more than 2 days from this post.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##grab emerald

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##grab butt

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
huh i got bored last night and used my trident and i hope i didnt murder AS last night :ohdear:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Birdstrike posted:

##grab butt

:wink:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I’m kind of annoyed I haven’t been culted yet

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

flerp posted:

huh i got bored last night and used my trident and i hope i didnt murder AS last night :ohdear:

when did you get a trident?!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

##grab emerald

You have acquired an EMERALD. You may use it at night in lieu of other actions. You may pass it on to another player as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
woo self-vig time baby

• Locked thread