Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm three episodes into Wild Wild Country on Netflix and this is one of the best docuseries I've ever seen. It's amazingly well edited and put together and the story is just unreal. I had no prior knowledge of this subject and considering the scale of it that's kind of hard to believe that I'd never heard of it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

X-O posted:

I'm three episodes into Wild Wild Country on Netflix and this is one of the best docuseries I've ever seen. It's amazingly well edited and put together and the story is just unreal. I had no prior knowledge of this subject and considering the scale of it that's kind of hard to believe that I'd never heard of it before.

Holy poo poo I found out about the subject like a year ago and was shocked no one had made a documentary or fictionalized retelling of it. Watching it now.

Even if the documentary is stellar I’m still pretty sure there’s a place for a fictional series based on it, complete with Pain & Gain style “THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED” chevrons.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

muscles like this! posted:

Seth Green sure has a lot of gray in his beard.
I'd much rather have gray hair than no hair :smithicide:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Hey guys, Lauren Iungerich (Awkward.) co-created a new coming-of-age comedy for Netflix. It's called On My Block and it's basically inner-city Awkward (her co-creators are Eddie Gonzalez & Jeremy Haft).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpjBGekX14E

The few reviews it's gotten have been pretty strong.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Seen a couple of articles recently on how Superstore is reviving the workplace sitcom/will-they-won’t-they romance.....and they’re right!

You guys should watch Superstore.

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Mar 19, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreenNight posted:

I’m in my mid 30s and most of my beard is grey.

Is there anyone on TVIV under 30?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

:wave:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I turn 29 next week. So, barely!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rocksicles posted:

I am.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

Almost exactly mid twenties.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Open Source Idiom posted:

Almost exactly mid twenties.

esperterra posted:

I turn 29 next week. So, barely!

GET ORF MY LAWN!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

Hello

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am 27 years and almost 9 months!! And I know there’s at least a couple TVIVers a few years younger than that.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I’m gonna be 30 in a couple months.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Did ghosted get the axe entirely? It's not super good but it was definitely improving, the leads are talented and had more chemistry than you'd think at first.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

No, they ordered more episodes of it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Milo and POTUS posted:

Did ghosted get the axe entirely? It's not super good but it was definitely improving, the leads are talented and had more chemistry than you'd think at first.

Last I heard it was getting retooled to be more office oriented for some reason.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They’ve upped their order from 10 to 16 episodes but haven’t given it a return date yet, so.....who knows!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rocksicles posted:

GET ORF MY LAWN!

Any of you 20somethings are welcome to a hard candy in my windowless van.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Jesus I turn 40 in a couple of weeks am I one of the old folks now?

FYI I must have been cranky when I first watched S02E01 of Travelers because I'm on episode 5 and holy poo poo it's as good if not better than season 1.

AP Bio is great and I don't know what some of y'all were saying about a rocky start I loved it from episode 1.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I liked AP Bio from the beginning. The AV Club reviewer is still pretty cold on it for some reason.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is there still a Bob's Burgers thread?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I have to say, I'm digging the hell out of Final Space. Yes, some may find the lead character Gary annoying, but I find his level of enthusiasm infectious.

Amazon is actually one episode ahead of the airing and I think it keeps improving with every episode. If you want a half hour scifi comedy with a story arc and some serious moments, give it a try

Also, Mooncake is the cutest animated character.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bull3964 posted:

I have to say, I'm digging the hell out of Final Space. Yes, some may find the lead character Gary annoying, but I find his level of enthusiasm infectious.

Amazon is actually one episode ahead of the airing and I think it keeps improving with every episode. If you want a half hour scifi comedy with a story arc and some serious moments, give it a try

Also, Mooncake is the cutest animated character.

:yeah:

RandomPauI posted:

Is there still a Bob's Burgers thread?

:no:

And I wish. If the simpsons can have a non-quotes thread for the latest season, the best network animated sitcom should at least too.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Rocksicles posted:

Some of us are in their 40s :corsair:

I guess the youth watch the youtubes and the twitches instead of TV now?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I do that. I realized I'm subscribed to like 30 channels on Youtube. I can't even pay attention to anything longer than 8.5 minutes.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
As a 31 year old, I also watch far more hours of YouTube content than television shows.

e: How else would I find out the latest paleontology news that I barely understand or watch a guy build intricately detailed miniature dioramas or get taught about space-based futurism that goes way over my head or watch a woman build giant sized versions of regular foods?

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 19, 2018

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

feedmyleg posted:

As a 31 year old, I also watch far more hours of YouTube content than television shows.

e: How else would I find out the latest paleontology news that I barely understand or watch a guy build intricately detailed miniature dioramas or get taught about space-based futurism that goes way over my head or watch a woman build giant sized versions of regular foods?

Or watch people unpack their groceries.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I spend approx 2-3 hours a week watching TV and approx 15-20 hours a week watching professional wrestling

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There's some decent Youtube educational channels for the casually interested. The Great War is an ambitious series that follows WWI on a weekly basis. Kurgesagt is pretty poppy science, but they do a good job of discussing fun questions about futurism, science and ethics. And John Green's crash courses (World and US History) are great.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I watch Rarity watch and react to pro-wrestling on her twitch channel about watching pro-wrestling and the health virtues of only eating what the rock is cooking.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

X-O posted:

If this was a show it would make Riverdale seem boring. I'd also think the actress playing Sheela was hamming it up way too much and that the one playing Old Sheela was far too different.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I thought music videos were dying out but then YouTube came and brought them back. I spend about 30 minutes to an hour watching them probably each day.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IRQ posted:

I watch Rarity watch and react to pro-wrestling on her twitch channel about watching pro-wrestling and the health virtues of only eating what the rock is cooking.

Man, I should totally get me a twitch channel

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

feedmegin posted:

Some of us are in their 40s :corsair:

I guess the youth watch the youtubes and the twitches instead of TV now?

Hey, i'm 42. But i earned that without a wedding, divorce or kids. Boom.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rocksicles posted:

Hi me in 7 years.

Rarity posted:

Man, I should totally get me a twitch channel

You should. Can you play pubg and make racist and/or sexist comments? I know you're british so you've got the accent box ticked already.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Friday nights are the only time I watch a lot of YouTube, and it basically consists of 90's alternative videos

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I was going to reply with a bunch of educational YouTube channel suggestions, however I got overenthusiastic and made a thread instead. If any of you watch YouTube for informational or educational purposes, jump on over there!

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Rocksicles posted:

45, two weddings, once divorce, and 3 kids (youngest one turned 18 last week). YouTube is our browse because we don't have anything to watch channel. I don't think my kids even know what Network TV is. It is either Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, or HBO GO, or the show doesn't exist. I bet they think Lost is a Netflix show.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

feedmyleg posted:

I was going to reply with a bunch of educational YouTube channel suggestions, however I got overenthusiastic and made a thread instead. If any of you watch YouTube for informational or educational purposes, jump on over there!

Gonna cross-post with a suggestion to watch Pretty Good, which I ranked as the 6th best show of last year. Partly because I don’t watch as much TV as I used to, but also because it’s, well...

Just check it out.