Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

mind the walrus posted:

I'm not upset, I just think the forums can do better.

it's a great idea and you shouldn't be mad about it. this is a comedy forum and it's a funny avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

alnilam posted:

I've already known several posters to mistakenly think it was genuine, and I've heard a secondhand story about a lurker / SA newcomer being scared off thinking that SA was super into... that guy.

Give me their contact info and I’ll make sure to set them straight.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Newcomers please be aware the dumb picture of....that guy is a joke and not a serious discussion of the political leanings of certain posters. Please remain calm if you see a small picture of

That guy

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Use Digit.

Feb 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Greetings every one! Long time lurker here...... I have to say that the first time I came in to GBS I was somewhat, taken aback, as it were, by all of the avatars featuring that guy :aaa: I'm hoping beyond hope here that these avatars are just ironic and not actually condoning the actions of........ A certain cheeto dust garbage doo doo man. Honestly not really sure if this is the place for me....... Really confused here guys

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Apparently Trump is Voldemort.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Clearly this is an alt-right race realist site that worships Trump and uniroically calls him "god emperor"

That is why the starter avatar, the one made to encourage you to buy a new one, shows Trump making a stupid face and the letters Trump Lover appear around it as a mark of shame rather than pride.

Feb 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Lol noobs screeching and recoiling in fear from a picture of trump like those monkeys in the serrogate mother torture experiments

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

I already posted my vote but I'm doin it again because I didn't justify it

i think this picture that Sulgnoid may or may not have photoshopped should be the stupid newbie picture because it implies, as is shown in the picture, that stupid newbies are:

1 Newbies (little kid = noob)
2 Stupid (mean signs = bad opinions)
3 maybe they'll grow up into good posters eventually (we hope)

In conclusion, Libya is a land of contrasts.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Bholder posted:

Clearly this is an alt-right race realist site that worships Trump and uniroically calls him "god emperor"

That is why the starter avatar, the one made to encourage you to buy a new one, shows Trump making a stupid face and the letters Trump Lover appear around it as a mark of shame rather than pride.

Lol we might not agree on much but we do agree on that.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Dogmeat posted:

I already posted my vote but I'm doin it again because I didn't justify it

i think this picture that Sulgnoid may or may not have photoshopped should be the stupid newbie picture because it implies, as is shown in the picture, that stupid newbies are:

1 Newbies (little kid = noob)
2 Stupid (mean signs = bad opinions)
3 maybe they'll grow up into good posters eventually (we hope)

In conclusion, Libya is a land of contrasts.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Das Boo posted:

Use Digit.

I like this one too.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
The current newbie avatar is insanely good because it keeps provoking reactions like this and that QCS meltdown guy.

It's pretty sad people have gone full Harry Potter with "You-Know-Who" being in office and we probably shouldn't indulge those people.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That baby looks like he just got denied his pension two years before retirement.

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

You know the picture of the two whales slamming 2 liters in front of a giant pizza? This is the before pic

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

mind the walrus posted:

That baby looks like he just got denied his pension two years days before retirement.

Gotta get those current events in the joke man

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

drat

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Slugnoid posted:

[removed]

:catstare:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I was wondering when someone else would notice that. Looks to me like some straight up naked people and one is pissing everywhere.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The nice thing about the regularly changing newbie avatars is that I get a new one from time to time without having to put any effort into it.

Also, each one manages to sum up the essence of who I am at that particular stage of my life so well that it's as if they were designed specifically for me. I look forward to my newest incarnation.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

where's that jared/aatrek morph when you need it

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was wondering when someone else would notice that. Looks to me like some straight up naked people and one is pissing everywhere.

yo maybe take a minute away from the forums your head seems to be stuck in the gutter, mister.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

As a genuine newb people calling this forum dead is why I didn't reg for a long time bc I figured I'd spend $10 and then the forums would be down for good before the year was out. Sort of counterproductive to Lowtax's goals of not dying a pauper.

EDIT: Gay, now, that's just the content I'm looking for! :sparkles:

PetraCore has issued a correction as of 04:54 on Mar 19, 2018

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

These razer video game peripheral release parties are getting stale, aren't they?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SniperWoreConverse posted:

These razer video game peripheral release parties are getting stale, aren't they?

I have no idea what this sentence means.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alright, morons. Yer up next. Don't make LP look... any worse than it already does :negative:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

I have no idea what this sentence means.

I can't find the thread now but years ago RAZER made a thing and a guy in the thread made some pretty insane posts about the launch afterparty
pretty sure it got goldmined
it's in the "post things that make you lol years later" thread but I can't find that one either

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

nine-gear crow posted:

Alright, morons. Yer up next. Don't make LP look... any worse than it already does :negative:

Wasn't it this very forum where the story the OP is talking about took place?

alnilam posted:

I've heard a secondhand story about a lurker / SA newcomer being scared off thinking that SA was super into... that guy.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Can someone design an av that radiates Richard Gamingo?

E: Or something like a cute little naked rat

Carbon dioxide has issued a correction as of 07:58 on Mar 19, 2018

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Slugnoid has issued a correction as of 08:45 on Mar 19, 2018

Greyarc
Dec 29, 2016

Still referencing modern cluelessness, but focusing on other neon colors.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

Hey, so this with poo poo lord or sad sack would be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

• Locked thread