Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Can we game the system using in my pocket during downtime to stockpile a rediculous pile of gold/jewels/puppies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
1. CD
2. H
3. IJ
4. NO
5. RS

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
1abcd, 2g, 3ijkl, 4mno, 5qs

That went suspiciously well, but it's nice that it's all on fire now.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

CAD
H
LIJ
OM
QS

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
1. BCD
2. F
3. J
4. M
5. Q

Daisy being able to ID us is not very good.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

vorebane posted:

1abcd, 2g, 3ijkl, 4mno, 5qs

That went suspiciously well, but it's nice that it's all on fire now.

[CYOA] Hell Is Empty - Demon The Descent: It's nice that it's all on fire now.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Outrail posted:

[CYOA] Hell Is Empty - Demon The Descent: It's nice that it's all on fire now.

You mispelled [CYOA] Hell Is Empty - Demon The Descent: That went suspiciously well.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál

Outrail posted:

Can we game the system using in my pocket during downtime to stockpile a rediculous pile of gold/jewels/puppies?

In My Pocket works essentially by replacing the pysical location of an item. So anything you pull out of your pocket is a real item that was some place. So while we could pull out pockets full of rubies, they'd all have to come from some place and their absence would be noticed. And reality would also probably start to ring the alarm bells as all these rubies start appearing in the hands of our business partners.

Now, not to say we couldn't try stuff like that, but spamming our powers like that would gain notice of the God Machine.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

so IMPing the Cullinan Diamond might be a slight issue then

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1. D
2. H Kind isn't our responsibility. We like convincing her to do things our way, but we didn't actually care about that person.
3. L
4. N
5. S

Outrail posted:

Seems like it could damage our cover, because Mabin isn't the sort of person who would have a sack of gold doubloons her dinky room. If Mabin stockpiles a bunch of stuff Mabin shouldn't have, reality will notice something is off about Mabin. If our cover was a wealthy collector, or from an old family with an attic and basement full of hoarded antique junk, then we might be able to add a few extra doubloons, but that's not who Mabin is.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

NinjaPete posted:

In My Pocket works essentially by replacing the pysical location of an item. So anything you pull out of your pocket is a real item that was some place. So while we could pull out pockets full of rubies, they'd all have to come from some place and their absence would be noticed.

Why do demons keep stealing my socks? :argh:

I'm imagining something like this, except the lady is demon and the socks aren't in pairs. Just a huge cave system with a grinning demon surrounded by thousands and thousands of socks.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

The Sock Goblin is a real and true phenomenon and he's a little bastard that's plagued me for years.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. B
2. F - We had already said to leave her for dead, and Kind said she'd grab her. No point in lying about letting her die when that was our original plan to begin with.
3. J
4. M
5. S

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1C
2H
4A
5S

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

1) B. None of these sound actionable so I'll opt for the tragedy.
2) F. If Kind wanted to kill Daisy she didn't have to lie. If she's expending these many words on the topic I assume she is being sincere.
3) J.
4) O.
5) S.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Hexenritter posted:

The Sock Goblin is a real and true phenomenon and he's a little bastard that's plagued me for years.

So there's some twisted shithead with two pieces from all the tool sets and three bolts from every car I've ever owned. There is such a thing as pure evil.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

D
H
I
M
QS

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál
24 hourish notice. The standings as of now:

A 3 - Your Fall
B 5 - Ambush
C 6 - Weird WWII
D 8 -Mabin and Standing Rock

E 0

F 3 - Yes
G 1 - No
H 8 - Who cares

I 5 Web
J 7 Close
K 3 Nail
L 6 John Merrick

M 7 - Ally
N 4 - Date
O 6 - Lifesaver
P 0 - Other

Q 5 - Money
R 3 - Favors
S 10 - Intel

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Crazycryodude posted:

C

Weird WWII is extremely my thing.

Make it as shlock as possible like some horrible Harry Turtledove novel, which i love.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

NinjaPete posted:

1. What event of your past do you see? (Approval Vote)

A. Your Fall and the immediate aftermath.
C. Something weird Wilhelm encountered in the Black Forest during WWII

NinjaPete posted:

2. Do you believe her?

H Does it matter?

NinjaPete posted:

3 Who do you know? (Approval)

L. John Merrick - Hipster douchebag/cultist/front man for a Demon-owned building

NinjaPete posted:

4. How do you know them? (Approval)

O We saved their life, and they hate us for it.

NinjaPete posted:

5. What will it cost you? (Approval)

R Favors
S Information

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Use IMP to snatch a handful of 24K gold jewelry that has been loaded into a crucible at one of those Cash4Gold places. They go by weight, not specific piece qualities IIRC. Harder to trace.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
A
F
J
M
S

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Can we use it to snatch specific items? Or can it only be fairly generic?

Can we brute force grabbing say satellite parts, until we sabotage the satellite we want for example?

Can we snag human hearts out of people chests at random?

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál
“Head south,” you tell Kind. “I’ll direct you.”

You drive, with yourself giving directions as best you can. You memorized the general area once years ago, but many building had changed since you were last here. As you drive you let your mind wander back to the images you saw when you were siphoning off the Aether, glimpses of your past. The most recent one was when you were at the Standing Rock protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline. You had been lured out there with the promise of strengthening your Cover and perhaps adding a few extra Pacts. But things...had changed you there. One such thing was the revelation that the pipeline was Infrastructure. It snaked across the landscape like a infected artery. Once you had that revelation you tried your damndest to upset the construction but, without the support of a Ring, there was only so much you could do. You suspect that the police, mercenaries, and officials that were pushing the pipeline were all tools of the Machine.

That was the biggest danger with the Machine, you never knew who was working with it or not. Agents of the Machine work together, and are united in their goal of gaining power, becoming more wealthy, and more corrupt by It. But..what if they were seperated, what if those in power were isolated, their sins stripped bare...

No Gods No Masters.

The car jerks as Kind puts it in park, knocking you out of your thought process. You look out and see a castle hidden in Minneapolis.

You know that, to mortal eyes, the large lot the mansion is on looks like a large decaying shed with overgrown scrubland. A real eyesore that someone should do something about. The concealing Infrastructure that has hidden this building for nearly 80 years did it’s job well. Uninviting enough to keep people away, but not dirty enough to invite a campaign to clean it up. You instruct Kind to park a block away, just so her van isn’t sitting in front of what seems to be an empty lot.

“Listen, I haven’t actually used this place before,” you tell Kind. “I trust my contact, but I’m not sure about the others. “

“You think they might be compromised?”

“Maybe. But Close won’t sell us out. Just..avoid talking to anyone but him.”

Kind nods, and tucks her bad under her arm, hiding the blood stain from her stabbing. You open the door and she follows suit. You spare a glance at the pile of blankets and children debris that is hiding Moroni, you’ll have to either come back quickly or get him out of the car to avoid freezing. Quickly the two of you scamper down the street and up the snowy lawn of the mansion. As you reach the front steps you dig through your bag and come up with a bone-white business card.

After a moment’s pause you find and press the doorbell. What seems to be a full set of chimes and bells sound a tune that, honestly, carries on a bit too long. After it winds down, the door opens a slight crack. A pair of rheumy eyes peer out at you as a wizened face appears from behind the door.

“May I help you?” the man say the man. He voice is clipped and precise. British accent, proper RP and all.

“Uh, yeah. I don’t really know how this goes. But..” you hold up the card. “Mr. Close gave me this. ”

The man’s bushy brows furrow at the card for a moment. And the door closes.

“Nice work.” Kind mutters.

A moment later the door opens wide and the man, now clearly in some sort of butler livery gestures you both inside. You find yourselves in an opulent-looking foyer, full of dark wood and photos a century old. Another servant is in the middle of dusting these portraits. He smiles at you two newcomers and continues his work. You notice that the man’s jacket fits him a bit oddly, and as he strains to reach a light fixture, you see the bulge of a gun holstered at his chest.

“I’m afraid Mr. Close is rather busy,” this is from the butler.

“Please, we’re in need of some help,” you say.

“I am sorry for your inconvenience, but the club is rather full at this moment and Mr. Close has duties to attend to. I will let him know you called, Ms...”

“Listen, you read the card right?”

“Er, yes..”

“It allows us in and free access to the building. You said the club was full? How full would it be if we stomped in there right now?”

“Our guests are having tea an--”

“Perfect, we’ve recently worked up an appetite,” you glance back at the smirking Kind. “C’mon.”

The butler deftly moves in front of you. “Alright, I shall see if Mr. Close able to accommodate you. Whom shall I tell him is requesting his presence?”

“Ms. Ink.”

The butler nods and smartly turns. He opens up a pair of frosted glass doors and enters what you guess is a dining area based on the glance you catch of the inside. You see a large group of people on the other side, smoking and talking, then the doors close and the people become indistinct shadows on the frosted glass. There is some uncomfortable silence, broken only by the squeak of the duster’s shoes as he struggles to reach a particularly poorly mounted photo of a severe-looking woman

1.You can hear voices coming from the dining room, but not what they are saying. Do you move to listen through the door?
A Yes
B No

After a few minutes a pudgy man in a suit flings open the door to the dining room and embraces you.

“Ink!”

“Lewis,” you reply, weakly patting his back.

“You nearly gave old Sanders a fit, but I’m glad to see you, I was worried you might not have..” he glances at Kind. “...well I was worried old business would catch up to you. So, what can I do for you?”

“We need some help.”

“Oh, of course, of course. “ Mr. Close pauses for a moment, thinking. “Well, you two aren’t members...and I don’t want to interrupt their tea, they like discussing politics which I find boring as hell,” he nodded to the men behind the glass. “We’ll go to the public library. This way.”

Close leads you down a hallway to the other side of the house. You enter a small library. The room would be cramped if not for the large windows looking out at the old coach house and backyard. Close gestures for you to sit and calls the butler. Close asks Sanders to bring the three of you some tea and coffee and a bite to eat. Sanders dutifully nodded and leave to do so, closing the doors behind him.

“Now,” Close says settling into a large leather chair. His demeanor has shifted slightly, more businesslike. “what can I do for you Ink? I’ll help if I can, I am very curious to know what brought you here today, out of the blue. And with a friend. I don’t think we’ve met Ms......”

“Kisses.” Kind says, all smiles. “Misses Kisses.”

“Oh, that’s bad, even for a Demon that’s bad.”

“It’s what you’re getting.”

“Fair enough. A tad paranoid, but fair enough,” Close turns towards you. “I hope Ms. Kisses isn’t indicative of this new crowd you are hanging out with.”

“Lewis,” you say, slightly reproachfully. “You of all people shouldn’t comment on the paranoia and secretiveness of people.”

Close shrugs, “What are we dealing with today? And, what are you paying with?”

2. What Do you want for him? (Ask for any and all, but the more we ask the more we’ll owe)
C Look into how much of a commotion we made at the California Building
D We need a room to interrogate a prisoner
E Have you seen these gears before?
F What do you know about the Bridge Infrastructure?
G We need some new clothes
H Something else (by all means suggest things. I will answer any simple questions you have for him in character between updates)

3. What information are you giving him?
I There is a new Fallen in Uptown, the H.O. has him at a safe house.
J The SPPD has been compromised with Tick Tock Cops
K There is a big event happening, we think the Ford bridge is coming down soon
L .....Would you like a Stigmatic artist for a pet?
M Something else.

4. We still have that box with the Key, should we investigate it?
N Yes, right now, maybe Close will be able to help
O Wait until he leaves the room, we’ll decide if we need his help then.
P Wait until we leave, we don’t want to risk anyone else seeing it.
Q Don’t open it until we meet with our Ring later tonight.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Our next Key is “Everybody Knows”

Resolved out I Know Someone Condition, so we gain a beat.

We'll have a flashback to Standing Rock , WWII and probably the Ring eventually.

Character Sheet

World Map

Dice Rolls

Conspiracy/Plot Board

NinjaPete fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 20, 2018

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
1. B
2. DE
3. IJ
4. N

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

A
CDE
IJK
O

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. B - That would be rude, considering we're calling in a favor.
2. DG
3. J
4. Q

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

B
DFG
IJK
Q

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

the_steve posted:

1. B - That would be rude, considering we're calling in a favor.
2. DG
3. J
4. Q

This

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

B
DEF
I like the idea of G but we still need to pick up some cover bits with any sense of style whatsoever to get it to stick. Unless you're proposing that?
IJK
O

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

1b, 2d, 3ji, 4q That's a tough clue for our key.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

dont be mean to me posted:

DEF[/b] I like the idea of G but we still need to pick up some cover bits with any sense of style whatsoever to get it to stick. Unless you're proposing that?

No, just non-stabbed clothes for Kind mostly. And at least a different style for you, depending on if anyone can ID you. Remember Mabin's clothes morph into similar-looking things, not totally identical.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

1) A. A bit of eavesdropping is harmless enough.
2) DEFG. We have plenty of information to hand over in exchange. Wouldn't bother them about the California building though as we already know we knocked over an anthill. Doubt it'll make the news as more than a gas leak.
3) IJKL. Close is an old ally so we might as well exchange information freely to strengthen our alliance. I can't think of a better place to stash Moroni when we're done with him (we don't have the support structure to hide him ourselves).
4) O. I'd like to know what we're carrying around as soon as we have some privacy.

malbogio fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 20, 2018

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1 B
2 DEFG No need to ask about commotion, we can check the news sites/twitter. Information age rocks.
3 LK Though honestly I don't mind telling him about all this stuff if we need to, but I imagine we should try to get away with as little as possible. The fewer people who know a thing the more valuable the information is.
4 Q

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

NinjaPete posted:

1.You can hear voices coming from the dining room, but not what they are saying. Do you move to listen through the door?

B No

Let's not be rude, these matters have to be handled with a certain level of decorum.

NinjaPete posted:

2. What Do you want for him? (Ask for any and all, but the more we ask the more we’ll owe)

C Look into how much of a commotion we made at the California Building
H Something else: What have you heard about an ambush on some associates of ours?

NinjaPete posted:

3. What information are you giving him?

K There is a big event happening, we think the Ford bridge is coming down soon
L .....Would you like a Stigmatic artist for a pet?

Let's see how far this gets us first before offering more than necessary.

NinjaPete posted:

4. We still have that box with the Key, should we investigate it?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1A Not ear to the door or anything, just try to figure out the gist.
2DEF
3IJK
4N

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

homogenous memory, occams razor, synthesis, everybody knows strike me as the embeds that could be our next key. It being 'everybody knows' would be a tad on the nose, though.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

vorebane posted:

homogenous memory, occams razor, synthesis, everybody knows strike me as the embeds that could be our next key. It being 'everybody knows' would be a tad on the nose, though.

Woop, I should clarify. After a certain point, the Keys question is just literally "What is my next Key" and you are told the embed. So, Everybody Knows is 100% our next key.

So based on votes, we're going to ask Close about

F What do you know about the Bridge Infrastructure?
G We need some new clothes

And supply him with:

I There is a new Fallen in Uptown, the H.O. has him at a safe house.
J The SPPD has been compromised with Tick Tock Cops
K There is a big event happening, we think the Ford bridge is coming down soon.

There is also a 1 vote difference between

With Q being in the lead. I am going to start writing the next update as if this is the case, but voting is still open, I'll just change it if there is a swing in the other direction.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

NinjaPete posted:

There is also a 1 vote difference between

C'mon O!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

NinjaPete posted:

Woop, I should clarify. After a certain point, the Keys question is just literally "What is my next Key" and you are told the embed. So, Everybody Knows is 100% our next key.

So what you're saying is at the next good opportunity we should spend a point of Aether to activate Everybody Knows, and we'll get a point of Premium and our first Interlock?

Alright, someone think up a good inaugural rumor. Bridge related? California Center related? Cult related?