Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I started playing this game after realizing that I drunk-impulse-bought it a month ago and forgot, and it's so fun, it's criminal that it's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Basically just log in when the expansion hits (assuming you were a destiny 1 idiot like me who bought the pass sight unseen)

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd

quote:

Seasons Team: We have been reviewing player feedback on Faction Rallies and are planning to make some fundamental changes to the event. Here are a few of the overall goals we are trying to achieve:

-Pledging to a faction should be a meaningful choice.
-Rewards should not be time-gated.
-Faction Rallies should provide a unique gameplay experience and not simply be a reward layer on top of the existing game.
-The event should grant additional insight into faction lore and goals.
-It should build upon player interest in Lost Sectors and armor ornament objectives.

Little updates like this is why Destiny was/is such a frustrating game. Sure, these little features do add some value but why wasn't stuff like this included in the base game? Bungie can push little updates like this every month over the next year and it wouldn't be enough for me to reinstall. On the other hand, if the cumulative effort of these little updates were included in the base game, I'd still be playing.

This all just feels like what a desperate ex says to get you to stick around, even though its never enough and you always feel stupid later for going back.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Except now instead of doing weird poo poo it's the same moves every night

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Severed posted:

Little updates like this is why Destiny was/is such a frustrating game. Sure, these little features do add some value but why wasn't stuff like this included in the base game? Bungie can push little updates like this every month over the next year and it wouldn't be enough for me to reinstall. On the other hand, if the cumulative effort of these little updates were included in the base game, I'd still be playing.

This all just feels like what a desperate ex says to get you to stick around, even though its never enough and you always feel stupid later for going back.

ikr

this is poo poo someone should have realized during development

not like 6 loving months after the game released lol

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
it's good that they have some ideas on how to fix their game

maybe they'll have an actual patch or content to put in, one day

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Destiny 2 devs didn't learn anything from the Destiny 1 Live team because they were too busy coming up with their own bad ideas for Destiny 2. Destiny 3 devs might finally apply lessons learned from Destiny 1. Until then, it's all Destiny 2 Live team scraping out whatever they can from the latest programming hires/interns. This is why you don't have a separate dev/Live team. Throw those "senior" devs into the Live pit and make them swim. Bungie has never given Destiny the resources it needs during Live even though they promised over and over that microtransactions would be the savior and not take over(:laffo:).

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
BUNGIE DEV MEETING:

"ok so like once a month you can get special tokens and give themto a guy and then later you will get a gun."

"Like one gun?"

"Yeah."

"but only if you win?"

"No everyone gets the gun"

"and this only happens once a month"

"yeah"

"This probably gonna take 4-6 weeks to implement and we'll need at least 250 staff and like probably $8.5 mil in the "debug" bank."

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I was so excited for this game, too. Destiny 1 looked so cool but damned if I'm playing a multiplayer FPS with a controller. :sad:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
have you tried sea of thieves

it's like destiny 2, but with pirates

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
is this game good now?

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Minrad posted:

So also dead two months after release? That’s not what I was hoping for :(

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

It has come to my attention and through many comments online that my posting loving sucks. I have developed a plan that will markedly improve my posts and is currently in the testing stages. Proposed steps are:
- Suck less when posting
- Only add interest to the conversation
- Prefer to say “I disagree” instead of “gently caress you rear end in a top hat”

These fixes should be enabled along with the XenForo patch, I would like to implement them faster but it might take some time to correct as I am still working things out (with my psychologist)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Minrad posted:

And no progression, no story. Just a barebones open world game.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sea of thieves is absolutely horrendous.

Minrad posted:

This is spot on.

AAA gaming. Man, please improve.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

keyframe posted:

is this game good now?

what does your heart tell you?

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Mill Village posted:

And no progression, no story. Just a barebones open world game.

I watched a pre release stream and thought to myself "Hmm this is kinda cool, must be still in alpha or early beta because it doesn't seem to have any kind of point to all this running around, but decent for an early access game" and then I saw it was coming out in a month and that was it, that was the whole game.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The sea of thieves is the opposite of this thread where crazy people post hundreds of times to try convincing people that the game is good

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Sea of Thieves is as barebones as the skeletons you have to fight, which are the only enemies in the game(not including other players). During the beta people were saying that there was way more stuff in the alpha which turns out to just be more pointless costume stuff that you have to grind up a ton of boring quests to get. There's no variety to them either: Fight skeletons, dig up chests or do fetch quests. Each faction has one of these types of quest. When you level up far enough with the faction, you get the privilege to pay for the quests to take them on instead of getting them for free. The setting is so boring, they had to use a streamers' memes made up during the beta to put any flair into the achievements/scenery.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Control Volume posted:

The sea of thieves is the opposite of this thread where crazy people post hundreds of times to try convincing people that the game is good

I see a ton of that in here too, though. There some strong Destiny 2 Is Good holdouts for sure.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Obsurveyor posted:

Sea of Thieves is as barebones as the skeletons you have to fight, which are the only enemies in the game(not including other players). During the beta people were saying that there was way more stuff in the alpha which turns out to just be more pointless costume stuff that you have to grind up a ton of boring quests to get. There's no variety to them either: Fight skeletons, dig up chests or do fetch quests. Each faction has one of these types of quest. When you level up far enough with the faction, you get the privilege to pay for the quests to take them on instead of getting them for free. The setting is so boring, they had to use a streamers' memes made up during the beta to put any flair into the achievements/scenery.

Wait, drat it. Are you kidding me? Is that literally all there is to the full game?

I was kind of drawn in because it did look pretty drat fun, but my only concern was "is that literally all the game is? just sail around and dig up chests and try to take out other players ships?"

that sucks =[

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I see a ton of that in here too, though. There some strong Destiny 2 Is Good holdouts for sure.

Its not the thread majority

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Ah man that's too bad about Sea of Thieves if that's accurate. Booooooooooooo

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Yes the horizontal cosmetic progression Pirate game is a horizontal cosmetic progression game with 4 core activities

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

nickhimself posted:

Wait, drat it. Are you kidding me? Is that literally all there is to the full game?

I'm only going off what I've read and seen streamed but yeah, that seems to be it. I guess there might be a Kraken fight. It's basically a big boring sandbox for PvP but it's too big because there's only 6 ships per instance. Lot easier to balance PvP when there's no gear progression. :laugh: And they still hosed it up because if someone wants to troll you, they can just spawn camp you forever as long as they don't destroy your boat.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The best post was some paragraphs-long defense where one of the points was defending skeletons as the only type of enemy, saying that there were six different colors of skeleton

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol Forbes is already calling for the death of Sea of Thieves

I'm gonna go play Crucible

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Obsurveyor posted:

I'm only going off what I've read and seen streamed but yeah, that seems to be it. I guess there might be a Kraken fight. It's basically a big boring sandbox for PvP but it's too big because there's only 6 ships per instance. Lot easier to balance PvP when there's no gear progression. :laugh: And they still hosed it up because if someone wants to troll you, they can just spawn camp you forever as long as they don't destroy your boat.

what the christ?

All I knew about the game originally was watching someone stream it. I tried not to research it any because I didn't want to the plot or purpose of the game spoiled. What I watched looked really fun, but shallow. Knowing that was all they ended up doing feels kind of bad. I was hoping to pick up a fun pirate game =[

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
you can play it for free for 2 weeks and actually figure out if you like it or not, crazy concept

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

No.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Sweet. All pledged up on my three characters; no matter who wins faction rally I'm gonna get a 1000-glimmer (free) faction heavy. :v:

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

you can play it for free for 2 weeks and actually figure out if you like it or not, crazy concept

How can I try it free for two weeks?

edit: Oh, I guess this Xbox Game Pass thing? It mentions only Xbox support does that even work for the windows version? I'd assume not?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Waffle House posted:

Sweet. All pledged up on my three characters; no matter who wins faction rally I'm gonna get a 1000-glimmer (free) faction heavy. :v:

The reward guns are literally the most boring "This is Destiny 2 Folks" guns I have ever seen.

The FWC Doubt AR is at least interesting because holy hell it's snappy.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Waffle House posted:

how could you possibly give a poo poo about this?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Soon there will be no videogames. We will all just read Forbes instead.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The reward guns are literally the most boring "This is Destiny 2 Folks" guns I have ever seen.

The FWC Doubt AR is at least interesting because holy hell it's snappy.

It's a Heavy Weapons Bonanza week but all the new guns are kinda meh.

The Doubt looks pretty spicy with HCR on it. I'm definitely going to try for some of last FR's guns while I'm tokin' for tokens.

Moola posted:

how could you possibly give a poo poo about this?

Idk???? I like to shoot the mans :350:

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

tbqh Waffle House, I'm kind of jealous that you're still apparently enjoying this game.

I remember enjoying this game

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

nickhimself posted:

How can I try it free for two weeks?

edit: Oh, I guess this Xbox Game Pass thing? It mentions only Xbox support does that even work for the windows version? I'd assume not?

It works for windows too

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

If anyone wants to try the free trial, you progress up to level 7 and can fully enjoy both the EDZ and Titan:

https://www.destinythegame.com/free-trial

You choose your platform at the bottom of the page.

It looks like you even can be invited into Clans and poo poo

e: I think you may not be talking about Destiny? idk!

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

It works for windows too

I was unaware of this entirely because I don't have consoles, so thanks for getting me to google something I didn't know existed! I'll have to check this game out

• Locked thread