Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Roman Reigns is...
This poll is closed.
the NEW People's Champion 2 1.77%
the voice of the voiceless, the new CM Punk 11 9.73%
Vince McMahon's nemesis who Vince definitely doesn't favor in any way 19 16.81%
also wondering why there was a cameraman in the women's lockerroom 47 41.59%
THE BIG DOG! 34 30.09%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

DarkstarIV posted:

They won't. We are getting Nia vs Alexa at Wrestlemania. I think the best part is there are actual people who think Nia vs Alexa will be a BETTER WRESTLING MATCH than Asuka vs Charlotte. Thanks twitter!!!

Charlotte sucks but that's a little harsh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
*too sweets the wrestlemania sign*

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I hope NJPW sues them

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I hope NJPW sues them

For what? Doesn't WWE own the copyright on too sweet and the hand gesture, too? Or am I thinking of something else?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I was digging the New Japan talk in the WWE thread, so I will post rambles. Not rumbles.

I love the Monday wrestling show from the 90s, I enjoy tuning in to long promos, soap opera shlock, comedy, etc. Comparing WWE to other promotions these days, feels like two very different ideas.

I loved ROH in 2006-2009, fell out of it but I like seeing those guys in WWE today. And did like seeing Chris Daniels at a Wrestle Kingdom etc. So I guess following New Japan is more like following ROH then, where you're watching dull love shows of long matches, sometimes short promos?

(edit: that was supposed to say full live shows, phone says dull love shows, I guess maybe like Models Inc etc)

I'd like to give New Japan more of a try sometime, I do think overall I prefer a WWE or ECW style of show though. I want long subtitled promos and high drama outside of the Big matches I guess. Though maybe there's more of that in New Japan than I'd figure?

Edit, meant to post in the Japan thread but this is cool too!

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 20, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gonz posted:

For what? Doesn't WWE own the copyright on too sweet and the hand gesture, too? Or am I thinking of something else?

No, you are correct. They also own Bálor Club, I’m sure, so I don’t really know what anyone could sue them for here but I suppose they could try anyway just for fun.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There's no case but i don't think it has anything to do with too sweet. putting OG BC on a shirt is inferring the bullet club name even though it's "not"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gonz posted:

NJPW owns the trademark to Bullet Club and a shirt with "BCOG" on it is pretty close to infringing on that. Of course WWE can just go "lol it means Balor Club! :downs:" but the spirit of it is obvious.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Angle is saying Braun needs to find a tag partner in order to get his title match at Wrestlemania. I hope Braun just holds up his fists and says THESE HANDS are his tag partners.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The design is also really close to the Bullet Club shirts while also, amazingly enough, having none of the style that makes the Bullet Club shirt a good shirt.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DarkstarIV posted:

Angle is saying Braun needs to find a tag partner in order to get his title match at Wrestlemania. I hope Braun just holds up his fists and says THESE HANDS are his tag partners.
Can't wait for Kane to show back up and form Team Hell Hands

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

braun is going to announce his partner is kurt. except later, we are going to find out it was actually curt. That's comedy

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The design is also really close to the Bullet Club shirts while also, amazingly enough, having none of the style that makes the Bullet Club shirt a good shirt.

Didn't the first Balor Club shirt have an even more obvious rip-off design that they basically instantly pulled from the store because it WOULD have gotten them sued?

And the Too Sweet thing is classic corporate power play. WWE don't really have a legal leg to stand on regarding the gesture or phrase as they'd let it slide for nearly 5 years, but they were banking on neither NJPW nor the Young Bucks wanting to actually shell out the money to contest it in court.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
braun is gonna drag the corpse of elias along with him

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So how long will the ultimate deletion be tonight? Five minutes? Throughout Raw with cuts from and to it? How much will they let Matt and Bray carny the gently caress out?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Obviously he'll end up teaming with Elias as a 'reluctant partners tag team' because it has been so long since Cesaro and Sheamus were reluctant tag partners.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

They won't. We are getting Nia vs Alexa at Wrestlemania. I think the best part is there are actual people who think Nia vs Alexa will be a BETTER WRESTLING MATCH than Asuka vs Charlotte. Thanks twitter!!!

My guess is that they book Nia/Alexa as a comedy match with Alexa doing all sorts of #funny chicanery and stalling to avoid getting her rear end kicked, then she can't avoid it anymore and so she gets her rear end kicked. Maybe even throw in that "Alexa can't kip up" spot they do at house shows. It'll get 7 minutes. I dunno, it could be good if they do it right, and those two are friends so they could make it amusing. Lot of "could"s in that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
PWInsider is claiming The Ultimate Deletion is getting the main event slot on Raw.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Le Saboteur posted:

I wonder if its possible they make Bliss/Asuka for the title tonight to set up a title vs title match at Wrestlemania. Because man, Nia vs Alexa just seems dull.

I can't wait for Nia to steamroll her for the majority of the match only to slip and hit the exposed middle turnbuckle and get rolled up for the win.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

I can't wait for Nia to steamroll her for the majority of the match only to slip and hit the exposed middle turnbuckle and get rolled up for the win.

Or that.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Gaz-L posted:

PWInsider is claiming The Ultimate Deletion is getting the main event slot on Raw.

Vince is a carny that knows craziness.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don’t like that they didn’t even have a failed spot where Alexa tries to hit Mickie to cost Asuka her streak.

Just have the ref not see it, or do the once a year spot where the ref knows what’s going on and doesn’t fall for it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I think its safe to say that Alexa vs Nia will probably be one of, if not the worst match on the Wrestlemania card to be honest. Especially if it goes longer than a few minutes.

There will be plenty of boring matches, but I doubt anything will top Alexa vs Nia in terms of how awful it will be from a wrestling perspective.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have faith in Randy Orton and Bobby Roode.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If we're lucky Nia-Alexa will be as long as Sheamus-Bryan from WM28

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, I think its safe to say that Alexa vs Nia will probably be one of, if not the worst match on the Wrestlemania card to be honest. Especially if it goes longer than a few minutes.

There will be plenty of boring matches, but I doubt anything will top Alexa vs Nia in terms of how awful it will be from a wrestling perspective.

I just don't get why they've been so dead set on this feud for months now. At this point they might as well toss Bayley and Sasha in the mix and try to salvage it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

JT Smiley posted:

I just don't get why they've been so dead set on this feud for months now. At this point they might as well toss Bayley and Sasha in the mix and try to salvage it.

Because they are afraid to pull the trigger on it, but now they may actually do it, and it will suck. May as well get it out of the way, is their logic probably.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JT Smiley posted:

How does adding 2 jobbers save a match?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The real Main Event as in end of 2nd hour or "Main Event" in the end of the third hour.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

They need to piss or get off the pot with bayley/sasha at mania

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Aphrodite posted:

How does adding 2 jobbers save a match?

When they're better workers than the current champ and challenger?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

JT Smiley posted:

Nia walked because she wasn't getting title shots. Her gambit worked, she's getting Wrestlemania.

Also someone was talking about Kevin Dunn and said "over a decade". Started in the 80s, 1993 he was made executive producer, 2003 executive vice president of television production.

Over 30 years doing this, he's as stuck in the past and carny as Vince. What mad person would want someone that dated doing their production?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Wazzu posted:

Nia walked because she wasn't getting title shots. Her gambit worked, she's getting Wrestlemania.

Also someone was talking about Kevin Dunn and said "over a decade". Started in the 80s, 1993 he was made executive producer, 2003 executive vice president of television production.

Over 30 years doing this, he's as stuck in the past and carny as Vince. What mad person would want someone that dated doing their production?

He does as he's told. Plus Vince honors his debts.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

sometimes

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Offer not valid in Canada.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Offer not valid in Canada.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted: