Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

gay picnic defence posted:

Essendon and possibly a few other clubs have told the AFL where to stick their new club song recordings and will stick with the originals.

I hope we do because the new one is shite.

Edit: I just looked and apparently we are sticking with the old one thankfully.

New one:
https://omny.fm/shows/triple-m-footy/new-footy-songs-hawthorn

Good one:
https://youtu.be/6prulSPURys

realbez fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Mar 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What was the reason for teh new songs? Was it a license thing? Do the AFL want to own the rights to the music played at games, and not have to pay fees?

If it is that, do the AFL, or Port pay the license fees for "Never Tear Us Apart"?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Probably some middle management drone at AFL HQ attempting to justify their existence somehow

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Solemn Sloth posted:

But hey on the plus side there’s whatever the gently caress this is I guess

I honestly had already forgot who won the AFLx's

thepokey fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Mar 19, 2018

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Jesus, already?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Et tu, bump?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
did he root a staffer or something?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Don’t believe in heroes

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Lachy was my least favourite anyway.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Rip bump.

Pies out for Gocsy

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Who is this guy, what did he do and why should I give a gently caress?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

He's part of the show Bump and now Bump's not going ahead.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

You could say that the bump is dead

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Lol so Dangerfield is in and we are missing Viney, McDonald and Oliver, this sure is hard to tip and will be a hard fought contest lol

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

Lol so Dangerfield is in and we are missing Viney, McDonald and Oliver, this sure is hard to tip and will be a hard fought contest lol

Look on the bright side. At least now Melbourne aren't favourites to win. In that case you'd be screwed.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

BrigadierSensible posted:

Look on the bright side. At least now Melbourne aren't favourites to win. In that case you'd be screwed.

This is true, although anyone putting us favourites beforehand needs a mental health checkup imo

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

AFL Membership posted:

Hi drunkill,

For the season opener on Thursday, March 22 at the MCG, Richmond v Carlton, there will be a significant crowd in attendance, particularly in AFL Reserve.

If you wish to attend the match on Thursday night, we strongly recommend you upgrade your seat as there is limited seating capacity available in the AFL Reserve.

AFL Members that have not upgraded their membership and wish to attend, will be able to scan into the AFL Reserve into strictly limited standing room, subject to capacity and availability.

95k+ I figure, depending how many mcc cunts show up.

Had a squiz at the remaining seats for afl members to reserve, all of them are restricted viewing only, so right next to the scoreboard or behind a pole or something.

fake edit: gently caress thursday night football

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Friends,

I've spent the last couple of months building a scraper to get historical AFL data from a few different web sources (Mostly afltables and Footywire). I've finally got all the kinks worked out and now have a big database of every game going back to 1897.

-Match details (time, venue, quarter by quarter scores, scoring progression*, umpires, brownlow votes, betting odds and lines*)
-Player stats (whatever stats were collected and published at that point in time + AFL fantasy and Supercoach scores*

* - 2010 onwards

My long term aim is to do analysis/visualisation on this data and turn it into a blog, similar to one like https://thearcfooty.com/ , but to get started, does anyone have any burning questions that could be answered by all of the stats ever published?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

racing identity posted:

Friends,

I've spent the last couple of months building a scraper to get historical AFL data from a few different web sources (Mostly afltables and Footywire). I've finally got all the kinks worked out and now have a big database of every game going back to 1897.

-Match details (time, venue, quarter by quarter scores, scoring progression*, umpires, brownlow votes, betting odds and lines*)
-Player stats (whatever stats were collected and published at that point in time + AFL fantasy and Supercoach scores*

* - 2010 onwards

My long term aim is to do analysis/visualisation on this data and turn it into a blog, similar to one like https://thearcfooty.com/ , but to get started, does anyone have any burning questions that could be answered by all of the stats ever published?

Why do we suck so loving god damned much?

One thing I have toyed around with looking at is simple stats correlated to results. I’ve had a theory for a while that total career wins by the selected teams might be a decent measure of predicted outcome.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Make sure you scrape Australianfootball.com which is real drat good. Although they probably use the afl tables data but they have a whole load more leagues, including local leages in some states: https://australianfootball.com/clubs/stats/carlton/3/2018

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Since we're on the topic I've finally nutted out my new sim model (which I can also use for game-by-game probabilities) so the next couple of evenings I'll be putting that up on the site.

Haven't done the whole season sim but I kind of feel those are pretty sketchy until mid-season anyway.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
"98% chance of the demons making the finals"

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

"98% chance of the demons making the finals"

no

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I am so loving excited for footy to start in LIKE 48 HOURS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Blues and their AFLW coach have parted ways. Might have to do with his health during the season, might have to do with the team being completely loving cooked despite bringing in a free agency haul.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Windmill Hut posted:

Football is bad

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Windmill Hut posted:

Wait, what?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Football's been going for a few weeks actually but it's bad because Adelaide died

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Tribunal has upheld MRPs finding, two weeks for Brennan, can appeal on Thursday to the appeals board but iirc the appeals board doesn’t retry the case but instead she will need to prove that no reasonable person could make the decision the tribunal made or something similar

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Chairchucker posted:

Football's been going for a few weeks actually but it's good because Adelaide died
Enjoy your state Liberal Government fuckers :melbournesmug:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

You Am I posted:

I'm refraining from saying things like this because I fear Vic will be stupid enough to vote Matthew Guy into power. :suicide:

On the start of the season: I'm finding it very hard to get excited about the Saints first two games of the year. Brisbane and North at Etihad. We either flog them and it means nothing, win by <30 points and it's a bad win, or lose and it's an absolute disaster.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

You Am I posted:

I live in NSW tho

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Periphery posted:

I'm refraining from saying things like this because I fear Vic will be stupid enough to vote Matthew Guy into power. :suicide:

On the start of the season: I'm finding it very hard to get excited about the Saints first two games of the year. Brisbane and North at Etihad. We either flog them and it means nothing, win by <30 points and it's a bad win, or lose and it's an absolute disaster.

Same. I'd hope for some prodding by the membership should we fail to make a dent in the finals this year, but we're talking about the Saints here.

I still have higher hopes that Victorian voters are not stupid somehow.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

ewe2 posted:

I still have higher hopes that Victorian voters are not stupid somehow.

Two words prove you wrong here. Jeff Kennett.

(Yes, I am an old man who lived through his reign. Fight me.)

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

voters are stupid everywhere, sorry

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Periphery posted:

Of course we will ... we are sick of not being able to leave our homes for fear of roaming gangs!

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
If we're doing predictions now:

Matthew Guy will get in through a 'tough on crime, and by crime we mean Africans' and 'federal libs talking poo poo about Dandrews' campaign.
Saints will still not have worked out their frustrating inconsistency and lack of intensity, finishing in the double digits.
No one surprising will win the premiership this year.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Richard Di Natale is a Tigers fan I think I'm done with the current Greens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

Richard Di Natale is a Tigers fan I think I'm done with the current Greens

there's a big rear end crossover between victorian greens and richmond supporters its gross