Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

That's annoying because I've tried to find callout maps without success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Kingfish posted:

Look right next to the compass. There are built-in callouts right there.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Or, just use cardinal directions. It’s a quick and easy way to call direction since the Age of Sail!

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

The Kingfish posted:

The map knowledge required to play this game proficiently is an order of magnitude greater than any game I can think of. It will be interesting to see if the community advances to the point where every notable position has a community-accepted callout ala the Counter-Strike maps.

E: maybe it already is like that. I'm pretty new.

Last seen on blue

They're in piano

Check spiral

Rotate hole in janitors to CEO, someone chilling in stocks

Peeking skylight

They got red hatch

They're rushing construction

Camping yellow

Just dropped servers

Rotates on bridge

Peeking from kids

Cav camping library

Last spotted in open

Echo in freezer

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The Kingfish posted:

https://www.r6maps.com/

Not that my group uses half of these, we have our own stupid pet names.

The other half we don't have a name for at all.

EDIT: ^ Don't forget "They're right over there!"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

EDIT: ^ Don't forget "They're right over there!"

The game needs a feature where if you say "he's right there" into a microphone, it punches you right in the face in real life.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah the individual rooms are easy to call out, but I was thinking more like one word callout a for places in each room. Some rooms it's not necessary but others are pretty complex. I guess you can just add a East/west direction to the callout and thats good enough 95% of the time.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Press your ping button too. Saying "Cav is over there" is fairly useless on its own but if they can see a yellow thing right at the spot you're talking about it becomes a lot more useful.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Draxion posted:

Press your ping button too. Saying "Cav is over there" is fairly useless on its own but if they can see a yellow thing right at the spot you're talking about it becomes a lot more useful.
I don't know callouts so I rely heavily on "<operator> at ping" and cardinal directions.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah the ping feature is really good.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Draxion posted:

I like using “______ is right where I died”.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

El Jebus posted:

I like using “______ is right where I died”.

Same

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

amusinginquiry posted:

I had a few matches with a trio of players: LilNig69, BiggNigg69, and ToxNig69. They were a joy to play with

I'm almost positive I played against those guys a month or so ago. I took a screenshot when I reported them.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

mp5 posted:

I'm almost positive I played against those guys a month or so ago. I took a screenshot when I reported them.

Sounds like that report was a worthwhile use of your time!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Can you guys review the vid of our last match and give an in depth and advanced analysis of our play? Real high level stuff please.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Sounds like that report was a worthwhile use of your time!

the system works, well done ubisoft

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
idk what yall hope to achieve by preserving their pixel perfect toxicity until the day imgur goes the way of waffleimages because that is probably exactly the kind of reaction they want

e: also, page 69 and possible IQ elite skin release in a few hours ftw

Thief fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 20, 2018

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Thief posted:

idk what yall hope to achieve by preserving their pixel perfect toxicity until the day imgur goes the way of waffleimages because that is probably exactly the kind of reaction they want

e: also, page 69 and possible IQ elite skin release in a few hours ftw

I mean I took the screenshot so I could attach it to the report I filed because I didn't have a timestamp for when the match happened, not because I wanted them to live forever in infamy

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Blitz shield seems borked again. I was 1v1ing him and as he ran twords me I sparayed his shield and got a headshot. I felt pretty bad.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Yep I've gotten shot through my shield again recently too. Probably goes hand in hand with how abysmal-feeling netcode has been this season.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Just a couple clips from last week I've finally gotten to upload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9VXc3xopcs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvHjtl_VrGc

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Always feels like if you just shoot over the top of non-monty-extended shields, you get headshots. Happened to me a few times as blackbeard, too, but I don't know if his shield is actually big enough to cover the whole head. No idea if it is just lag compensation stuff or the shields are actually not tall enough.

Captainicus fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 20, 2018

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
ubi has been consistently showing much love to shotgun nerds:

- re-tuned breach effects
- jackal/mira introduced dual shotgun comedy options
- ela, the ultimate 3 speed silenced autoshotgun
- korean railgun
- and now finka's nano-recoil saiga :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwohpTVQgmI

what next, a shield user that can put the shield on his back and pull out a shotgun?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

You forgot buck, the guy with a shotgun attached to his gun.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
And forgot Ying, for the suprise shotgun assaults with everyone blind.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

The Kingfish posted:

Yeah the individual rooms are easy to call out, but I was thinking more like one word callout a for places in each room. Some rooms it's not necessary but others are pretty complex. I guess you can just add a East/west direction to the callout and thats good enough 95% of the time.

There's a few like "trashcan" on chalet's garage (popular cover under the stairs for attackers pushing inside the objective) and white van on consulate's garage. Other than that I can only think of the "bed" call-outs in bedrooms on some maps.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well most of the time it comes down to the fact that people will be in one or two hiding spots, and if you approach from one angle you can see one of them. The Armory Lockers on Border have a few hiding places, but we usually call em out "behind the lockers" , "in janitors" "main door" and "balcony entrance". But this is an exception, most of the rooms are simple enough that "room name" callout will be enough.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Thief posted:

what next, a shield user that can put the shield on his back and pull out a shotgun?

Say it with me: Italian shield attacker with lupara.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Yep I've gotten shot through my shield again recently too. Probably goes hand in hand with how abysmal-feeling netcode has been this season.

Saem

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Playing vs Buck AND Zofia is terrifying, every wall is just exploding.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again

Deltasquid posted:

There's a few like "trashcan" on chalet's garage (popular cover under the stairs for attackers pushing inside the objective) and white van on consulate's garage. Other than that I can only think of the "bed" call-outs in bedrooms on some maps.

Please don't hide by those trashcans. They aren't bulletproof.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

tjones posted:

Can confirm, I had to do a complete lap around Chalet last night to bust a shield blocking the trophy window. The exploit is dirt cheap and needs to be addressed. It has been allowed for too long, IMO.

They have addressed it by saying that it's intentional and they're leaving it as it is.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Orikaeshigitae posted:

They have addressed it by saying that it's intentional and they're leaving it as it is.

Where did they say that exactly? Because I remember hearing the exact opposite.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Where did they say that exactly? Because I remember hearing the exact opposite.

Well, it's banned in pro league but allowed in ESL. Somewhat unclear. I thought they'd officially made a statement but I can't find one - but that could easily be up to their horrible forums software.

https://www.reddit.com/r/R6ProLeague/comments/7k9slp/apparently_shield_glitching_is_not_a_glitch_if/drhafxw/

tjones
May 13, 2005

Orikaeshigitae posted:

Well, it's banned in pro league but allowed in ESL.

ESL is Pro League. So like everything else, nobody knows what the gently caress they are doing.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
https://gfycat.com/FearfulImpassionedGelding

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Oh hell yeah

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I gotta tell you guys that Maestro looks like my boy. Got that Tropico look going on and a shitload of shotgun shells.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I gotta tell you guys that Maestro looks like my boy. Got that Tropico look going on and a shitload of shotgun shells.

I hope his skill is dual wield Autoshottys and just go ham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tjones
May 13, 2005
But how good is his homemade marinara sauce and will he ask Zofia to marry him or not? These are the questions real rainbow fans are inquiring about.