Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
"I'm sorry, Marjorie, Lanette got so horny I had to finish her."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I went to school with a dude whose name was Colby. Would have been born in like 83 or 84.

Whelp that's my Colby story

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, can you imagine what movies would be like now if the Ididverse was what sparked the whole "cinematic universe" thing instead of Marvel?

Septic Knothead
Jul 23, 2009

Boris S Wart
The Second Meanest Man In The World
Has anyone else noticed a change in audio levels in the last few episodes? i think they may have mentioned they were in the Headgum studios in the most recent mailbag. Anyway, I can barely hear them and I find it very frustrating. Have they changed the recording/mastering process and has anyone else noticed a change? The other podcasts I listen to seem the same, but only WHM is lower. It's very frustrating.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Septic Knothead posted:

Has anyone else noticed a change in audio levels in the last few episodes? i think they may have mentioned they were in the Headgum studios in the most recent mailbag. Anyway, I can barely hear them and I find it very frustrating. Have they changed the recording/mastering process and has anyone else noticed a change? The other podcasts I listen to seem the same, but only WHM is lower. It's very frustrating.

Yeah I noticed in one of the recent episodes it seemed to me like the ads were twice as loud as the rest of the show.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
The Headgum episode had terrible audio, the guest host wasn’t audible a couple of times. Not that big of a loss tbh, but you’d figure that the studio of a podcast network would be have decent production value

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well if you’ve ever followed Amir and Jake it’s probably not that surprising.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

The Deleter posted:

"I'm sorry, Marjorie, Lanette got so horny I had to finish her."

The running gag or 'door animator guy' who gets power hungry , cheats on his wife, taunts her, then begs for her back when Lanette dumps him was on of the best skits in a long time.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What's the episode the gang improvises a John Carpenter Movie score

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Calaveron posted:

What's the episode the gang improvises a John Carpenter Movie score

Santa Claus as he was going to originally direct it with Brian Dennehy

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Man they weren't kidding about the quality of CGI on Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLI4Tpy-HKU&t=559s

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Invalid Validation posted:

Well if you’ve ever followed Amir and Jake it’s probably not that surprising.

Who‘s that?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Man they weren't kidding about the quality of CGI on Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLI4Tpy-HKU&t=559s

Bu what about the Door? Marjorie!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

e X posted:

Who‘s that?

They’re the ones who started head gum, they have their own advice podcast. They used to write for college humor.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jesus Christ that is straight-up Foodfight level CGI.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Why have I seen this before? :psyduck: I know it wasn't as a kid but it was bumping around in some capacity of Internet hive mind at some point

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Evil Mastermind posted:

Jesus Christ that is straight-up Foodfight level CGI.

Same studio. Not even joking.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Shirec posted:

Why have I seen this before? :psyduck: I know it wasn't as a kid but it was bumping around in some capacity of Internet hive mind at some point

I think Retsupurae riffed over it once

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Every so often one of their jokes will pop into my head and make me nearly burst out laughing--

A real life suicide squad with Bernie Madoff, Jared Fogle, and Scott Peterson.
Colin Farrell pole vaulting off his erection up to the second story of a home, Scrooge McDuck style.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

There’s one little line that pops in my head every now and then, and always makes me laugh. It’s in the Bee Movie episode when they’re talking about a lack of female bees or something, and Andrew is talking about the artist designing one and goes “you can tell it’s a girl bee because it’s got a bow in her hair.” And like the line isn’t super funny, but the voice he says it in his hilarious to me.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Andorra posted:

Every so often one of their jokes will pop into my head and make me nearly burst out laughing--

For me it's the drawling Turturro-esque "You shtole mah fish snack" from a mailbag.

That and, for reasons I cannot explain or defend, this exuberant outburst from Deep Blue Sea

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

"You tell Jim Henson he's fired! No, you tell him to drop dead...

He what!?"

I giggle everytime I remember that dumb joke. It was Eric, and no i don't remember which episode

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

DangerDummy! posted:

"You tell Jim Henson he's fired! No, you tell him to drop dead...

He what!?"

I giggle everytime I remember that dumb joke. It was Eric, and no i don't remember which episode

Suoer Mario Bros

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
I love how "Ghosts Can't Do It" is forever a film starring Donald Trump, like it was a vehicle for him instead of Bo Derek.

Also, Tarzan the Ape Man predictably destroyed them. This is a great episode.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I got Tarzan the Ape Man confused with Greystoke, and I was looking forward to some Lambert action. dammit.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Invalid Validation posted:

They’re the ones who started head gum, they have their own advice podcast. They used to write for college humor.

And they are like super bad at podcasting, or what are you getting at here? :shrug:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

enigmahfc posted:

I got Tarzan the Ape Man confused with Greystoke, and I was looking forward to some Lambert action. dammit.

Stay tuned, eheh heh heh

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I can’t believe someone made a Tarzan boner movie.

Well...

Maybe I guess I can believe it a lot.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

e X posted:

And they are like super bad at podcasting, or what are you getting at here? :shrug:

They’re like college kids in their 30s and jump into things really quick like starting a podcast network. It’s not bad or anything.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

Fart City posted:

I can’t believe someone made a Tarzan boner movie.

Well...

Maybe I guess I can believe it a lot.

I fully support seeking it out, even if the WHMers warned against it.

It's one of those once in a lifetime movies that seemed to be made for no one (or one person, in the case of John Derek), and still inexplicably made money.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

e X posted:

Except they're not though.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Apes-Ma posted:

I fully support seeking it out, even if the WHMers warned against it.

It's one of those once in a lifetime movies that seemed to be made for no one (or one person, in the case of John Derek), and still inexplicably made money.

People wanted to see Bo Derek's boobs again after 10, and the internet didn't exist yet

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
What episode was the "She's dangling and she don't even know it" from? Was that the mailbag about the teacher with the foot fetish?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So far this episode is making me very uncomfortable.

Andorra posted:

What episode was the "She's dangling and she don't even know it" from? Was that the mailbag about the teacher with the foot fetish?
I think so, yeah.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Andorra posted:

I remember it popping up in Bee Movie.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Man, I was getting second-hand horror from this episode. What the gently caress is this movie :stonk:

I appreciate the Fleetwood Mac joke and also I kinda wanna listen to Horny History too.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Andorra posted:

That's exactly where.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

The Deleter posted:

Man, I was getting second-hand horror from this episode. What the gently caress is this movie :stonk:

I appreciate the Fleetwood Mac joke and also I kinda wanna listen to Horny History too.

It's not to Blame it on Rio levels, but it's getting there

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

I think Bo Derek seemingly having a child’s brain in Tarzan pushes it to a very specific kind of creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Personally, my favourite callback in the episode was the 'just dust it off' quip from Eric(?) as well as the callback to "Do you want the monkey to gently caress her?"

Andrew was correct though, Play is a killer album.

But seriously, if I Know Who Killed Me isn't a Top 20 episode I'll be amazed. I'm debating if I want to watch the film again before next Tuesday.