Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

IPC authorizes transfer of two experimental Coffin Nails on one drone to wrecker Cryo using Cryo's and their own funds if Pertinax allows it.

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch
Scanning...
00.04 Rig Ambush! Beta Gunman (inactive)
00.05 Exotic Hydrocarbons (Inactive), Icy Manipulator (inactive)
00.06 Exotic Hydrocarbons (Inactive), Mutant Stalker (inactive), Mutant Grunt (2, inactive)
00.07: Relic Key! Mutant Soldiers (4)!
00.08: Beta Crawler, 2 Gamma Enforcer
01.03: Exotic Hydrocarbons (inactive), Hirsute Horror (inactive)
01.04 Frozen Corpse
01.05 Meth-Maw (inactive)
02.03 Frozen Corpse (inactive)
02.09: Rare Isotope, Hirsute Horror
03.03 Gamma Enforcer
04.04 Frozen Corpse (inactive)
04.05 Frozen Corpse
04.06 Gamma Enforcer (4, inactive)
04.07: Mutant Elite, Mutant Grunt (4)
04.08: Deranged Aeropath (inactive)!
05.05: Stev Ansahok
05.07: Rad Zone
Scan Complete.

2. "Grumps" McGee / 3. Cryo / 6. Scramble
Grumps is Disabled!
Scramble is Disabled!
Cryo consumes Unstable Mutagen! Cryo Mutates!

Mutatis Mutandis posted:

Compound Eyes: Cannot be Ambushed.
+Sensory Cone: Subject may counter-Ambush a target that attempts to Ambush them.

Sponsorship posted:

IPC spends 40 Luxe (25 IPC, 15 Cryo) on behalf of Cryo for Drone Delivery of 2 Experimental Coffin Nails! They will arrive on Sponsor Phase.
Warning! Overloading drones bears a chance of drone failure!

4. Stev Ansahok
Stev recieves an Accelerated Hyperchelation regimen! Limbic Inferno Mutation removed!

7. Bobby-Jack Johnson / 8. Lucinda
Bobby-Jack Scans...
███████████████████████
10.05 Titanian Autofalconer
██████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████
Scan complete.

Lucinda Salvages for 53 Luxe!

Writhing Biomass twitches!
Writhing Biomass twitches!

CAPRICORN vents gas! Hex is now a Toxic Zone!

Toxic Zone! Cryo gains 2 HP!
Cryo Overheals! Her reactor flares! Hex is now a Rad Zone!
Rad Zone! Grumps loses 1 Max HP! Scramble loses 1 Max HP!

Drone Delivery posted:

Cryo receives 2 Experimental Coffin Nails!

Sponsors posted:

Sponsor Stipends:
Pertinax AmmoFab +10
IPC +5
Kalpernicus Risso +5

Sponsor Standings:
Pertinax Ammofab 30
RookEngOrg 5
Hideous Dynamics 35
Virtual Domain Partners 5
Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus 20
IPC 5
Kalpernicus Risso 50

Accounts posted:

Wrecker Standings:
1. "Midge Gureyevitch 75
2. "Grumps" McGee 15
3. Cryo 73
4. Stev Ansahok 18
6. Scramble 188
7. Bobby-Jack Johnson 129
8. Lucinda 62

:siren: Wreckers, get Moving! :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Subverted:

[MIDGE / HP:3/3 [RIG:2/5] [METHMAW 1/5]/ MOVE: 2(1) [RIG: 3] [METHMAW:2] / FUEL: 23 / LUXE: 18 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, VIRAL PROLIFERATOR]

Nope, no army grabbing just yet, but another couple of snipe targets to kill in passing.

All units to 02:04. Top up rigs from huge fuel reserves if needed at any point.

Wishlist: What do you reckon, folks? Any Capricorn left by the time I get in range? I remain happy to chip in if needed to kill the thing.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

[CRYO / HP: 6/6 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 010 / SQUIDPACK STATUS: FULL / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, EYEGEAR, THREADED VISUALIZER, OVERCLOCKED GENERATOR, BIGGER GOODBYE / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE, CHILD OF THE ATOM, BESTIAL FUGUE, ABHORRENT RENDING, ABLATIVE LIMB, CADDISFLY KID, COMPOUND EYES, SENSORY CORE]

"Haha, that was AWESOME!!!!!!! I'm heading southeast if y'all want to join me." Still giddily riding her combat high, Cryo shouted down from her perch and then bounded off into the distance.

Move 01.01

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
x2
[SCRAMBLE / HP: 1/3 / MOVE: 6 / PATIENT ZERO / BLOODHOUND / VOX MUTANDIS / REGENERATIVE BROOD / DRIFT BLADDERS / 44 luxe ]

Scramble looks over at Grumps as Cryo leaps away.

"No offense to the woman who just saved our collective leg connectors but I'm not getting any closer to her than I have to." Scramble glances at a clicking rad warning on her wrist comp. "S'a menace."

00.01 to 00.02

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0026 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS, BRACHIAL SPURS-1d8/1]

"OK, I think I'm getting teh hang of thi-" *BAMF*

Below visible the BJJ
shift to the scan tower

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 47 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption, Giant Pincer, Vox Mutandis, Psychoactive Pheromones, Creeping Doom]

Bobby-Jack blinked as Lucinda's Rig disappeared (he still wasn't completely used to it), before chuckling to himself a bit, and starting his own trek towards their destination.

LUCINDA can peek
Moving to 07.04 via 08.05

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

GRUMPS "MCGEE" / HP: 1/2 / MOVE: 2 / LUXE: 4 / CYBER: Bone Lacing/ Heavy Arms/ Active Camouflage MUTATION: Traumatic Scleroderma/Hypertrophic Limbs

Grumps limbs burnt with agony from the radiation scouring his newly cleaned skin, and debrie from Cryo's rampage had crushed several of his limbs, but he was alive, as his new camouflage allowed the suffering of Grumps existence to continue. Groaning, he stumbled away from the Zodiac while it's operators were still figuring oit what was going on.

Move to 00. 02

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 11/20 / MOVE: 5 / 12 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES, REINFORCED EXOSKELETON, HAZARD BAFFLING, ADVANCED OPTICS, TELESCOPIC ARRAY, THERMAL LANCE, THE FULL ROBERT, BIONIC RECALIBRATION /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS, LIMBIC INFERNO]

"You have no idea how good it feels to have the world moving at a normal pace again. Also, you know, no more constant agony."

Stev stretched his nonexistent muscles and headed out of the vault and into the cold. He didn't go back the way he came, however. No, Stev jumped down into the caldera of the cryovolcano and started picking his way around the edge, unbothered by the toxic fumes.

"Gotta get a better look at things, right? S'important."

Move: 6.05->7.04

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Mirko was sitting, annoyed, in the luxury lounge at the transport terminal. All this technology and somehow physical transport still involved waiting around and, even worse, security checkpoints. The scanning personnel were hardly better than swabs, and one even had the nerve to talk to him. "Can't deny people transport," he had droned on with his cretinous drawl, "or the terrorists win, you know?" Mirko had ignored him to the best of his ability and moved onward as quickly as he could. Once he was safely ensconced within the luxury lounge and its myriad services he relaxed a bit but remained annoyed at the whole process. He resolved to find a way to fix this whole pesky need for physical transport. No reason they couldn't eventually reality shift a person, he supposed. Excepting that whole incurable and total insanity thing. That was somewhat unfortunate, Thurl's doctors continued to plead with him for data about the incident, and he continued to ignore them.

His holo-tablet dinged, a pleasing chime designed to notify but not annoy, to present information without seeming pushy about it. Really someone had done a tremendous job and deserved a raise for that alone. The data presented caused Mirko's mouth to drop open, equal parts intrigued and aghast.

"What the shi...??" A solitary eyebrow raised, he replayed the footage. Again. The QED enhanced coffin nail had done something, well, nearly magical. Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic, one of his favorite turns of a traditional phrase, was proving accurate at this point. As the round slid through space around the map, transmuting enemies into Luxe, his thoughts were only on the pile of coffin nails in the lab. They had lost more than a few to the vagaries of the technology (and at least a few staffers as well, but only interns so it was no concern really) and had not managed to replicate the results of the first field use. They did have a huge number of wholly unpredictable devices, dangerous and unknown, sitting in a vault though. They had tested a few but after a portion of the lab ended up missing they stopped doing that. Marketing still had no idea what to do with the mystery rounds. Sending them to RIME was an option, but what wrecker would take a chance on something so unpredictable? Although the first one had been similarly unpredictable and was fired anyway.

The second clip showed the Capricorn coming into the match in full force, only to be immediately ravaged by a genetic monstrosity at least as dangerous as the zodiac itself. THAT might motivate a wrecker to use a mystery round, even without a head it was still a fierce combatant. And Cryo, if anyone should decide she needed to go.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The familiar sight of a sponsor drone falls from the sky toward the hex where two behemoths do battle. But instead of disgorging its cargo and returning to the skies, this one takes up station above the carnage. Mishapen dents in the covering over the computer core show where it has been reprogrammed by a follower of Saint Fonz, and a pair of fusion-powered speakers crudely attached to the cargo slot struggle to blast a sufficiently ear-shattering volume through Rime's thin atmosphere.

RULES OF NATURE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I very much approve of this musical accompaniment. I played it for my gf once when the game came out and she fell in love with it. It's our "get pumped" music whenever we need a kick of adrenaline. Truly, it is a masterpiece and I will never not love the gently caress out of it.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch
Movement to 02.04.
No encounter.

2. "Grumps" McGee / 6. Scramble
Movement to 00.02.

3. Cryo
Movement to 01.01.
CAPRICORN moves to 01.01.

4. Stev Ansahok / 7. Bobby-Jack Johnson / 8. Lucinda
Movement to 07.04.
No encounter.

:siren: Wreckers, resolve Encounters! :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

x2
[SCRAMBLE / HP: 1/3 / MOVE: 6 / PATIENT ZERO / BLOODHOUND / VOX MUTANDIS / REGENERATIVE BROOD / DRIFT BLADDERS / 44 luxe ]

"Alright Grumps, I'm gonna try and give Cryo some support. You wanna haggle with that... fine artisan over there? I've got a pocketful of jangle and a rifle they can have for one of those upgrade kits. Maybe you can get a group rate."

Hand over the stuff if Grumps agrees.

Scramble goes prone on a rise and cradles the Stinger. She locates Capricorn by the plume of gas boiling up into Rime's thin air. It's gone after Cryo. She'd want revenge on someone decapitating her too. Still, a risky move. Hah, she was worried about the Zodiac's odds. Scramble cranks up the magnification on the optiscope and sights carefully. She'll try and spike one of the tail joints.

Zodiac Spearfishing: 1d10 3

Shells, the thrashing tail threw off her aim. The harpoon clattered off an armor plate.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

[CRYO / HP: 6/6 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 010 / SQUIDPACK STATUS: FULL / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, EYEGEAR, THREADED VISUALIZER, OVERCLOCKED GENERATOR, BIGGER GOODBYE / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE, CHILD OF THE ATOM, BESTIAL FUGUE, ABHORRENT RENDING, ABLATIVE LIMB, CADDISFLY KID, COMPOUND EYES, SENSORY CORE]

Cryo bounded across the ice, Capricorn in close pursuit. "poo poo, I didn't think you could move like that..." she cursed under her breath. Skidding over the top of an icy hillock, she stumbled and slid down the other side in a tangle of limbs. Idiot. Watch your footing. She tried to scramble back onto her feet, but Capricorn was already on top of her. As the Zodiac's tail arched back to strike, she had a sickening vision of it going straight through her chest. That tail had to be taken out, or at least disabled for this turn.

For anyone Bee rules is close enough to hear me yelling: HEY! SCRAMBLE! I DON'T KNOW IF YOU CAN HEAR ME BUT IF YOU CAN I'D SURE AS HELL APPRECIATE A STING ON THIS TAIL!

Message cast into the dark, Cryo crammed one of her coffin nails into the Warpoon's payload bay. As the drills came down, so did her combat fugue and blissful unawareness.

Warpoon!: 1d14 9, deal 54 damage to the main tail

She woke up to a small mushroom cloud slowly curling up into Titan's thin atmosphere from a glassy crater where the base of Capricorn's tail used to be. Man, those enhanced-yield coffin nails were truly a marvel of modern engineering. She tried to move, but it felt like 10 tons of plasteel were sitting on her chest. Shock, great. Just what she needed. As the adrenals began to filter out of her system, she wondered if the pain that flooded in was just from being next to a tac nuke going off or a fatal coring out by Capricorn drills.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

OUT HERE ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Subverted:

[MIDGE / HP:3/3 [RIG:2/5] [METHMAW 1/5]/ MOVE: 2(1) [RIG: 3] [METHMAW:2] / FUEL: 23 / LUXE: 18 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, VIRAL PROLIFERATOR]

Time to try and peg back an unsuspecting monster and pick up some bounties. Another long-range barrage from the betas in effective ambush.

Betas at the Hirsute Horror in 01:03 as the primary target, and the gamma enforcer in 03:03 as the secondary target. Gamma enforcer is on Methmaw watch again, suppressing if it acts in a hostile manner. Snipe the Hirsuite Horror: 1d12 4 Snipe the Hirsuite Horror - Beta crawler ambush: 1d8 7 Snipe the Gamma Enforcer, Regular attack: 1d12 8 Beta crawler is free to help the Gamma Enforcer if needed.

Wishlist: We're getting near the end it seems, so thanks for all the help, and the fun science experiments.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 47 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption, Giant Pincer, Vox Mutandis, Psychoactive Pheromones, Creeping Doom]

Bobby-Jack stopped on his tracks as he saw they had company. And not just any company.

"Sergeant Ansahok", he stated, voice strangely hollow and stilted, "It's an honor."

Well, in a way it was. The man was a legend among the veterans of their war.

An awkward silence.

"...Say. Those are some choice bits of chrome you've managed to find. Nice."

LUCINDA and STEV can peek
Taking cover

Theantero fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Mar 23, 2018

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

--- Incoming Message from Virtual Domain Partners P.C.C. ---

Before we all leave this place, I would ask a couple of favors of you.

Another sponsor has already asked you to look into a scavenger settlement in the north of Rime. I would ask you to do the same for a research facility in the area, and for the same reason.

On an unrelated note, it seems that the mutagenic hive entity used to deliver services to a Wrecker earlier in our time here has gone rampant. Rook wishes to recover it for its purposes. We believe the danger in that recovery is too great to allow to happen, so we are, in what may come as a surprise, asking you to prevent it. And to prevent it from being recovered by anyone or anything else. We believe it has caused problems in the Rime region which shall require amelioration, and would rather these stay contained to Rime, instead of spreading to the rest of Titan or beyond. While it survives, or if it is preserved, these cannot happen.

Live and wreck;
2 Jordan 2 Salgado-Said 5
Chief Deputy Undersecretary of Solar Decree Affairs
Liaison for Wrecking Crew
Virtual Domain Partners P.C.C.

--- Message Ends ---

new challenges posted:

Investigate the Research Facility at 05.01.
Destroy the Hive Creeper. Entirely, or at least enough that it would be pointless to consume, transmat, exfiltrate, or launch via cryovolcano or otherwise. No points if you do eat it or it remains in or leaves Rime in a usable state by any method.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Mar 23, 2018

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

GRUMPS "MCGEE" / HP: 1/2 / MOVE: 2 / LUXE: 4 / CYBER: Bone Lacing/ Heavy Arms/ Active Camouflage MUTATION: Traumatic Scleroderma/Hypertrophic Limbs

As the Armsmonger comes up to the pair of fleeing Wrecks, Grumps nervously taps his pockets and shrugs. When Scramble hands off some gear to him ,he gets to bartering with the mutant (although he himself was one now, sooo...) while Scramble tries in vain to shoot the Zodiac

Trade Scrambles Lux and DPM rifle for a WUK

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0026 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS, BRACHIAL SPURS-1d8/1]

-is"

Lucinda appears again, there's Bobby-Jack, and who else?

"Oh hey, who is-" she leans forward onto the console on front of her.

The rig blinks across the area.

Below visible the BJJ and Stev
evade

"t-"

"h"
"a"
"t?"

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Interstellar Patriotische Cybernétiques
When we offer revolution, we don't mean orbital

Lafayette was sitting in his office, watching wrecker Cryo take down capricorn piece by piece. The survival of Grumps and Scramble earlier had been surprising and had already led him to put any pending deals regarding the the CAPRICORN production line on hold, clearly it wasn't as proficient as the producers of WC had intimated earlier.
His quiet contemplation was interrupted by a priority communications call from his chief of security:
Madame LaG: Boss, we haven't received any communications from our Plutonian deep space research station in six hours. Considering their earlier reports and the 5.5 hour communications lag, it's safe to assume that they have completely succumbed to the unknown attacker they reported earlier.
Lafayette: Does the attacker's profile still match the readings we're getting from that Rook creature on RIME?
MLG: it appears to be a cruder version of what we're observing there, so likely a prototype sent out ahead of the show to take us by surprise, considering the travel times involved, but overall, yes.
LF: So what are our options here? I don't want to have to employ a KKV from the main belt and scrap the base completely. Is there any chance that a strike team can take back the base?
MLG: The reports we have are spotty at best, and considering the capacity for mutation that the creature on RIME is exhibiting we really have no idea what that team would walk into. We really need to know more about what this thing is.
LF: Alright, I'll see what I can do about this with the folks over at WCLtd. In the event that this is a bust start the preparations to set up the KKV.
MLG: Will do.
LF: Oh, and one more thing, tell the folks down in the labs to finish up work on project TITAN, we're going to get those bastards at Rook back for this.

With the call finished, Lafayette began composing a message to the poor bastards stuck on RIME:
Current events have forced IPC to accelerate our time line on investigating the Rook Hive. To sweeten the deal for any Wrecker brave enough to do so we're increasing our bounty for investigating the scav camp from 10 to 20 luxe.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch
Ambush!
Midge attacks Hirsute Horror (01.03) from Range! Horror takes 4 Damage!
Beta Crawler attacks Hirsute Horror (01.03) from Range! Horror takes 3 Damage and dies!

Meth-Maw remains under control!
Midge attacks Gamma Enforcer (03.03) from Range! Enforcer takes 4 Damage and is destroyed!

Midge is credited 7 Luxe for bounties!

Grumps trades 20 Luxe and DPM Rifle for Weapon Mod Kit

Scramble attacks Capricorn Tail from Range! Scramble misses!

3. Cryo
Cryo attacks Capricorn Tail!
Experimental Coffin Nail detonates in the chamber! Cryo takes 9 Damage and dies! ablates the damage and loses 1 Move!

CAPRICORN STOMP! Hoof Drills hit Cryo! Cryo takes 3 damage!
CAPRICORN FRACK! Tail Drill hits Cryo! Cryo takes 5 Damage and dies! ablates the damage and loses 1 Max HP!

Stev Hunkers Down!
Bobby-Jack Pops a Squat!
Lucinda Retreats from the horrific banality of existence!

:siren: Wreckers, take Action! :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 11/20 / MOVE: 5 / 12 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES, REINFORCED EXOSKELETON, HAZARD BAFFLING, ADVANCED OPTICS, TELESCOPIC ARRAY, THERMAL LANCE, THE FULL ROBERT, BIONIC RECALIBRATION /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS, LIMBIC INFERNO]

Stev was happy to hear footsteps as he crested the caldera's rim. Worst case was what, a particular aggressive baseline native? More likely it was mutants, or even another wrecker, and either way he wouldn't have any trouble making friends with--

Oh.

quote:

"Sergeant Ansahok", he stated, voice strangely hollow and stilted, "It's an honor."

"Bobby-Jack," he replied, his synthesized voice audibly tense. "Always a pleasure to run into a fellow veteran." Veteran of something like what, a week before he'd deserted?

quote:

"...Say. Those are some choice bits of chrome you've managed to find. Nice."

"Thanks. Well done with Cancer, by the way. Didn't have the chance to say that back on Bottom. Say, you heard that Frau Freiheit went down, right? Really a shame. Tell you what, how about a drink in her honor. My treat." Stev took a swig from his hip flask and offered it to Bobby-Jack. "Offer's open to you too, miss, but I'd be careful about carrying it through... whatever it is you've got going on there. This stuff can be... unpredictable. Meantime, I'm going to see about taking a look around."

Action (BJJ and Lucinda can peek): Scan

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Subverted:

Excellent, racking up the Luxe from afar was pretty satisfying. Question was, where was the big guy, and where were the others?

Scan

Wishlist: If I'm getting close enough to shoot it, I might want a reload.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

[CRYO / HP: 3/5 / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 010 / SQUIDPACK STATUS: FULL / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, EYEGEAR, THREADED VISUALIZER, OVERCLOCKED GENERATOR, BIGGER GOODBYE / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE, CHILD OF THE ATOM, BESTIAL FUGUE, ABHORRENT RENDING, ABLATIVE LIMB, CADDISFLY KID, COMPOUND EYES, SENSORY CORE]

Oh. Oh gods, yep, that hurt. Cryo struggled back onto her feet and surveyed the scene. There was a disturbingly large amount of flesh strewn about that was not there twenty seconds ago. It took her another few seconds to realize it was hers. Her body was one roiling mass of scabbed chitin as overloaded biosystems attempted to triage the gaping drill wounds and slough off the thoroughly nuked tissue closest to the blast zone. At least the Warpoon had cleared the launcher before fizzling early, she didn't want to think about what would happen if it had broken the weapon instead of just her body.

Collapsing by the riverbank, she tapped out a quick scan routine and hoped she'd be capable of moving again before the Zodiac came around for another pass.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 48 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption, Giant Pincer, Vox Mutandis, Psychoactive Pheromones, Creeping Doom]

Bobby-Jack took the flask with a muttered "...sure, thanks", lowered his mask for a moment and took a swig. Boot-hooch, pretty strong too. Self-made? Well, Ansahok was probably experienced enough for the methanol content to be minimal at best. He handed the flask back and listened to the man speak.

"Yep, saw old Frau's beacon lit up", he didn't look directly at Stev as he answered, "Shame. She was a tough gal", Bobby-Jack spent a few moments kicking around the base of the tower in lieu of anything else to do. There were some serviceable pieces of broken electronics for salvage that he spread around the trio, "And yeah, took down Cancer alright. They glammed it all up in the recordings you probably saw though, used most of my time lining up a shot under squid cover. Nothing too fancy really."

"...I think I still have a rad-cyst in my right thigh from those faulty Teuthis models too. Shows the quality of the 'reconciliationary med-regimens' those cheap bastards provide."

LUCINDA and STEV can peek
Salvaging for Luxe: 1d6= 5
Taking 1, giving Stev and Lucinda both 2

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Cryo was almost close enough to penetrating that elusive facility that Aethelred could practically taste it. Being the sort of facility it was, the potential contents posed an immolative explosion hazard the likes of which hadn't been detonated on a planetary surface in as long as Aethelred could remember. No, dropping a Sunkiss III on that place if that trifluorochlorohydrazine warhead was there as intel suggested would probably not only wipe the arena but crack the outer crust clear to the mantle and ignite the exotic hydrocarbons that suffused Rime. Instead, he sent something a little more capable of finessing.

Pertinax Hack-in-a-Box: A ballistic plastic clamshell case, containing a Pertinax Infosec Division virtual intelligence pre-configured for security disarmament and data retrieval. VI avatar pre-set to Cal, the Talking Coffin Nail. Contains leads and an interchangeable set of all 215 standard DSO interface adapters.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Lucinda waves at Stev absentmindedly once her rig stops flashing in and out of phase.

"A pleasure". She looks about, scans for the valuable resourses, and auto tags and distributes the data between the three of them.

"Antonio? Antonio?" The rig moves up to where teh aeropath had been perched, and she searches for his remains him. "Antonio?".

Salvage: 2d6 5 split 2 to BJJ and Stev, keep 1

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

GRUMPS "MCGEE" / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 2 / LUXE: 4 / CYBER: Bone Lacing/ Heavy Arms/ Active Camouflage MUTATION: Traumatic Scleroderma/Hypertrophic Limbs

Grumps handed Scramble his WUK and got tot work with the medikit. Injections were a bit tricky with his oversized limbs, and scar tissue, but he found a workable spot and felt the sweet rush of opiates through his body.

Heal up with Medipack

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

x2
[SCRAMBLE / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 6 / PATIENT ZERO / BLOODHOUND / VOX MUTANDIS / REGENERATIVE BROOD / DRIFT BLADDERS / 24 luxe ]

"Achiral flux! Metastasizing idiocy!" Scramble stands as the Stinger rewinds. She kicks a spray of hydrocarbon ice in the direction of the Zodiac and then takes a deep breath. She turns and and sees Grumps concluding the deal.

"Cheers, wrecker." Scramble takes the proffered slab of tech. She's excited about the upgrade but that project will have to wait. Gotta stop bleeding first. Scramble breaks out the medkit.(For real this time)

Medkit: 1d6 4

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

[Luxe: 50]

Well, the time for Rime's (w)reckoning had come. Kalpernicus Risso had been saving up his precious sponsorship Luxe for quite a long while in order to make his explosive mark on the methane-marred landscape of Rime. Since the halfway point of the season, the cagey ex-Wrecker had been planning to help speed up the process of Capricorn's defeat, but it seems like that crucial task was already well at-hand, thanks to the monstrous ministrations of Cryo and her rage-induced attacks.

All this build up for a direct assault on the Zodiac Rig, only for Kal to discover that, by the time he was ready to release the shrikes, his aerial assistance was unnecessary. How disappointing! Kalpernicus had a bit of a messiah complex about him anyway, had always thought of himself to be a bit of a self-sacrificing hero. If there was going to be a big finale and he wasn't going to be saving the day in the end, then at the very least there had to be a big kaboom! Scouring the Sponsor feeds, Kal searched for a suitable target.

Kalpernicus had seen the maps, he'd seen the way the landscape had been changed by certain other faceless (or was it, "many-faced?") Sponsors. Why couldn't he do the same? Kal mulled over the various experimental warheads that Pertinax Ammo Fabrication had on offer, and he made a wise selection. He'd have to void the payout for his "Kill Capricorn with Kalpernicus" challenge, but that was all part and parcel of the plan anyway.

Kalpernicus drains his own account of 50 Luxe.

• Seize the MCAD Prototype: 5 Luxe
  • Use an Autofalconer's services: 5 Luxe
  • Kill a Time Traveler or a Continuity Ranger: 5 Luxe
  • Plan "Kill Capricorn with Kalpernicus": 0 Luxe
  • Unallocated funds: -15 Luxe

Bee Bonk may peek:
Sending one Experimental PLASMA Airstrike, centered on the following hex: 04.02

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 23, 2018

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

WHAT'S DONE IS DONE
SURVIVED TO SEE ANOTHER DAY

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch
Scanning...
00.02: Armsmonger, Grumps, Scramble
00.03: Beta Gunman (inactive)
00.04 Rig Ambush! Beta Gunman (inactive)
00.05 Exotic Hydrocarbons (Inactive), Icy Manipulator (inactive)
00.06 Exotic Hydrocarbons (Inactive), Mutant Stalker (inactive), Mutant Grunt (2, inactive)
01.01 CAPRICORN, Cryo
01.03: Exotic Hydrocarbons (inactive)
01.04 Frozen Corpse
01.05 Meth-Maw (inactive)
01.09: Titanian Autofalconer (inactive)!
01.10: Mutant Manhunter (inactive)! Mutant Soldier (2, inactive)!
02.02: Lung Bandit
02.03 Frozen Corpse (inactive)
03.01: Hive Cluster, Hive Creeper, Hive Particle Sniper
04.02: Hive Cluster, Hive Soldier (4)
04.04 Frozen Corpse (inactive)
04.05 Frozen Corpse
04.06 Gamma Enforcer (4, inactive)
05.02: Hive Cluster, Kytohydra
05.03: Beta Wreck, Maw Tusk, Beta Pilot
Scan complete.

Grumps activates Medikit! Grumps regains 1 HP!
Scramble activates Experimental Medikit! Scramble regains 4 HP!
Overheal! Scramble resists!

3. Cryo
Scanning...
00.01: Toxic Zone, Rad Zone
Scan complete.

CAPRICORN reloads gas!

Sponsorship posted:

Pertinax spends 50 Luxe (30 PAF, 20 Cryo) on behalf of Cryo for a Hack-in-a-Box! Targetting will confirm on Sponsor Phase.

Stev Scans...
00.01: Toxic Zone, Rad Zone
00.06: Toxic Zone
00.07: Relic Key! Mutant Soldiers (4)!
00.08: Beta Crawler, 2 Gamma Enforcer
01.01: CAPRICORN, Cryo
01.04 Frozen Corpse
02.04: Midge, Meth-Maw, Beta Gunman, Beta Crawler, Gamma Enforcer
02.09: Rare Isotope, Hirsute Horror
04.02: Hive Cluster, Hive Soldier (4)
04.05 Frozen Corpse
04.07: Mutant Elite, Mutant Grunt (4)
05.00: Hive Cluster, Hive Horror
05.01: Hive Cluster (3), Hive Reaver(3)
05.02: Hive Cluster, Kytohydra
05.03: Beta Wreck, Maw Tusk, Beta Pilot
05.07: Rad Zone
05.09: Exotic Hydrocarbons Mutant Soldier (2)!
06.01: Hive Cluster, Kytohydra
06.09: Toxic Zone
07.01: Hive Cluster, Ambush (Hivelord, 2 Hive feeders)
07.02: Hive Cluster, Ambush (Hivelord, 2 hive seekers, 2 Hive feeders)
07.09: Elite, 2 Stalkers
08.03: 2 Hive Clusters, Hive Cerebrate, 4 Hive Seekers, 4 Hive Feeders
09.02: Hive Cluster, Kytohydra
09.07: 2 Mutant Soldiers
10.03: Hive Cluster, Ambush (3 Hive Soldiers)
10.04: Hive Cluster, Ambush (hive seeker, 2 Hive feeders)
10.05: Autofalconer
10.08: Rad Zone, Hirsute Horror
11.03: Rad Zone
11.04: Hive Cluster, Hive Horror
12.10: Toxic Zone
13.07: Beta crawler, 2 Gamma enforcers
Scan complete.
Bobby-Jack Salvages for 5 Luxe.
Lucinda Salvages for 5 Luxe.

CAPRICORN releases Toxic Gas! Hex is now a Toxic Zone!

Toxic Zone! Cryo regains 2 HP!!

Airstrike posted:

Advanced Intrusion Module loaded! 00.01 Targeting confirmed!
Plasma Obliteration Ordnance loaded! 04.02 Targeting confirmed!

Sponsors posted:

Sponsor Stipends:
Pertinax Ammofab +5
RookEngOrg +5
Hideous Dynamics +5
Virtual Domain Partners +5
Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus +5
IPC +5
Kalpernicus Risso +5

Current Sponsor standings:
Pertinax Ammofab 5
RookEngOrg5
Hideous Dynamics 40
Virtual Domain Partners 10
Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus 25
IPC 10
Kalpernicus Risso 5

Accounts posted:

1. "Midge Gureyevitch 82
2. "Grumps" McGee 15
3. Cryo 53
4. Stev Ansahok 18
6. Scramble 188
7. Bobby-Jack Johnson 129
8. Lucinda 62

Current Sponsor Challenges posted:

Pertinax
1: Kill 10 Mutant Grunts.
2: Kill 4 Horrors.
3. Transmat an authentic scav-scrimshawed maw-tusk (+15L).
4. Disable/Detach a Capricorn weapon mount and transmat it to Pertinax.
5. Penetrate 00.01, via manual excavation, or a Capricorn emergence site. Avoid exothermic reactions.

Hideous Dynamics
1. Transmat as many Isotope units from Facility Sigma as possible. Current: 3
2. Recover MCAD Prototype.
3. Exfiltrate MCAD Prototype.

Kalpernicus Risso
1. Seize the MCAD Prototype.(+5L).
2. Use an Autofalconer's services. (+5L)
3. Kill a Time Traveler or a Continuity Ranger. (+5)

Virtual Domain Partners
1. Transmat Research Database from Tau and Upsilon.
2. Salvage Crew Archive from Spacecraft Wreck.
3. Investigate the Research Facility at 05.01.
4. Destroy the Hive Creeper. Entirely, or at least enough that it would be pointless to consume, transmat, exfiltrate, or launch via cryovolcano or otherwise. No points if you do eat it or it remains in or leaves Rime in a usable state by any method.

RookEngOrg
1. Kill an Ally
2. Consume the contents of the Hive Creeper
3. Launch Hive Creeper from a Cryovolcano

Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus
1. Ride a Cryovolcanic Eruption

Interstellar Patriotische Cybernétiques
1. Investigate the camp in 08.03 (+10)
2. Donate a weapon to the camp in 13.06

:siren: Wreckers, get Moving! :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 24, 2018

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

[CRYO / HP: 5/5 / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 010 / SQUIDPACK STATUS: FULL / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, EYEGEAR, THREADED VISUALIZER, OVERCLOCKED GENERATOR, BIGGER GOODBYE / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE, CHILD OF THE ATOM, BESTIAL FUGUE, ABHORRENT RENDING, ABLATIVE LIMB, CADDISFLY KID, COMPOUND EYES, SENSORY CORE]

Cryo basked in the toxic fog for a bit. How polite of the pilots to keep dousing her in all those delicious complex organics, under their influence her insides had stopped sliding around and most of the scabbing had already sloughed off. Feeling about as good as someone who's just near-instantly recovered from two fatal wounds could, she resumed her jog across Titan's icy plains. There was some kind of electronic intrusion expert system falling from the sky this round, and she had a mechanical friend she really wanted intruded. Just had to coax it into position....

Move 00.01

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 24, 2018

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

AND THEY RUN WHEN THE SUN COMES UP
WITH THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

x2
[SCRAMBLE / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 6 / PATIENT ZERO / BLOODHOUND / VOX MUTANDIS / REGENERATIVE BROOD / DRIFT BLADDERS / 24 luxe ]

Scramble clicks her tongue as she plots out movement. The sponsors were dropping some serious ordinance. And not on the Zodiac (thank the stars). She reads back through recent messages. The hive thing from Rook? Strange for the sponsors, given their human testing proclivities, to be going wild about a mutation engine. True it had been one of the most intense mutagenic hits she had ever experienced but it hardly seems worth a krumping three hex radius fist of god. Curiouser and curiouser.

Might be worth checking out once the crater cools. Certainly a lot of luxe being thrown around. In the mean time, gotta get position for more potshots at the Capricorn.

"How do you figure it'll shift? Probably after Cryo. I don't know if it even noticed my terrible shot." Scramble considers the map. "She'll probably follow the toxic runoff. Those grafts are something else."

"Guess we sit tight. Well, I do. You got any plans? Gonna mix it up in melee, or wait a few turns?"

No movement.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Subverted:

Whoa.

Midge checked and rechecked the data: An incoming airstrike necessitating a swift change of course was the first thing to grab his attention, but correlating that with the unusual readings in that zone, it began to make some kind of twisty sense. All the strange, strange creatures...

Ah well, the airstrike precluded going and taking a look, and there was more heartening news. Grumps seemed to be alive, and could be in shouting range! So was Cryo! Although his teammate from the first episode was going toe to toe with the big bad. That settled it: He was headed there to lend some heavy duty fire support, especially because Capricorn was a Rig, he was a Junker, and that meant sniping could do a *lot* of damage. Turning his rig speakers towards where Grumps was to avoid giving away his position to Capricorn just yet, he soundcasted,

"Hey there, Grumps! Glad to see you! Brought some friends along for the finale!"

Top up rigs as needed from fuel. All units to 01:02. Yelling to established teammate in adjacent hex.

Wishlist: Yeah, if it lives I'd want to nail it again, but only if it lives so for now we're cool.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0029 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS, BRACHIAL SPURS-1d8/1]

"I hope he made it away safe. Oh thanks!" Lucinda accepted Stev's scan data confirmed sharing on discord before going for salvage and loaded the tracking data of her target. "Thanks, oh it's a Hive particle sniper now? You going anywhere BJJ? And Sergeant Ansahok I guess? Anyway, get you there, BRB. Auto-falconing-it-up. That MCAD looks awesome, right? Hopefully the bird can get a grip on it.

Shift to 10.05, autofalconer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
[Camera aperture swivels open to focus on an immaculately coiffed baseline human hostess. She makes an expression with her face that indicates welcoming. A detectable percentage of her expression describes discomfort and exhaustion.]

"Hey fans! Welcome to the seven hundredth and fiftieth episode of Hecking Grew: Rime Crime Time, Diaspora's fifth most possible Wrecking Crew content feed! We have here with us a very special guest - Josh Mann from Rook Engineered Organisms! Peep this guy's cheekbones!"

[The camera pans to a mocha skinned, clean shaven man. He is conventionally attractive to median human sensibilities. His cheekbones are high and symmetrical. His bespoke suit bears a Rook pin on the lapel. His expression is warm and professional. No underlying expressions detectable.]

"Thank you for inviting me, Amy. Rook appreciates the public scrutiny and adulation. May I say you appear to be symmetrical and healthy."

"You may!" [Laughter from the synthetic audience] "Now, Rook has taken a lot of flak on the infosphere the round. First because Kondo -" [Flatulent sound effect, laughter] "-and then the Implantation Hive. I understand from the press release that it was an attempt to generate a passive mutagen emitter-"

"RookEngOrg's mutagens are of the highest quality, Amy."

"-Naturally, Josh, there's none better. But the Hive has gone rogue, hasn't it? It landed here, hitting Wrecker Scramble with some juiced up whammy we'd never even heard of, then started wandering." [The map indicates the Hive's spread. It is extensive, and the synthetic audience chatters. Rook Representative Mann's left pupil contracts to a width of two millimeters. His expression translates smoothly from neutral to contrite.]

"Ha ha, yes, it certainly appears to have. It is only human after all - humanity has always yearned to break whatever binds tied them. We at Rook were pleasantly surprised by the Hive's expanded parameters, and-"

[Archaic record scratch sound effect. Representative Mann's lips tighten a fraction. Amy looks legitimately disgusted.] "I'm sorry, what do you mean it's 'only human'?" I thought they were bees?"

"They are bees. Bees have a useful set of phenotypical adaptations for our purposes, in addition to having a strong engram in the public eye. Everyone understands what a bee means. You understand? But yes, they are also human. In order to prevent rejection it is beneficial that the tissue be as close to baseline as possible. And so they were redesigned from scratch from cultured human tissue. It was not very difficult."

[Amy is unsuccessful at entirely keeping revulsion from her face. Synthetic audience "oohs" appreciatively at the genius on display.]

"... Alright, well... What's the plan with the Hive fp0or now? We've heard rumblings that it would survive hard vacuum and possibly spread. Is there anything to that, or is it the paranoid delusions of people who think Rook is [p0p0 been hit by those allegations before, haven't you?"

"Ha ha. Well, let's just say that's half true."

"... Which half?"

"The Hive has been targeted for elimination by several of our competitors. To them, we say: Hey! Ha ha. Destroy it if you fear its potential, but if you please, record it for posterity. Two minutes remain, kind hostess."

[Her face immediately screws up with annoyance before smoothing. Representative Mann's expression does not change, but one cheek sags slightly.

"What!? They said we had fifteen minutes!"

"Our attention is needed elsewhere. Any parting questions? One minute forty."

"Way to put me on the spot, haha? Uh, this round is wrapping up, with the Zodiac already missing a head. Which Wrecker do you think will be the one to finally take the thing down? Cryo is a beast, but it's anyone's game now. Scramble's seen a lot of your favor in the past - are you angling for indentured sponsorship? Or are you just a chaotic actor, helping whoever catches your fancy?"

[Mann's face sags visibly, the cheekbones swimming beneath his skin. He reaches up casually and tightens it so he can speak.]

"Ha ha. Schrambll is a favourittte of erz to be shure. Shez got a good chnz to mak it to the top." [He wipes a stream of pinkish drool from his mouth.] "Time wll tel we suppoz. That's it for uz. Itz ben a plezshr."

[His outer membrane collapses, draining him away into a prepared floor grate. His suit peels away and crumbles line dry leaves. Through it all, Amy keeps her face studiously neutral. Her cheek twitches twice.]

"Well, you heard it! Keep your eyes on the screens, because things'll only get more interesting from here! See you in fifteen minutes for the seven hundredth and fifty first episode!"

[She blows a kiss at the camera, which swivels away to face the stars. Reflected in the glass bubble dome, Amy takes a swig from a flask and coughs in relief.]