Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Daniel Bryan is probably my favorite wrestler of all time (certainly top 3), his work in ROH was one of the things that kept me from stopping watching wrestling entirely when I was super bored of WWE in the mid 00s. Great posts. Post more stuff. Someone go find some of his ROH matches on vimeo or wherever and post them too. Let's dive deep on the nostalgia for the dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Another clip to watch to marvel at his connection with the crowd is this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttiGTC5B2gg

Hard to believe Bray Wyatt was ever this over.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

He wins the title at Summerslam from Cena, and gets cashed in on after special ref HHH turns on him. WWE wants Orton vs Batista at WM, and that's final.
The crowd begs to differ, though. I think this segment sealed the deal. It's near his hometown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsESZMBJhXw

This is cool but the entirety of this segment is excellent

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

The Berzerker posted:

Daniel Bryan is probably my favorite wrestler of all time (certainly top 3), his work in ROH was one of the things that kept me from stopping watching wrestling entirely when I was super bored of WWE in the mid 00s. Great posts. Post more stuff. Someone go find some of his ROH matches on vimeo or wherever and post them too. Let's dive deep on the nostalgia for the dude
His Unified match against Nigel might still be my favorite ROH match but for reasons that make it as hard to watch as Shibata/Okada from last year. Besides everything from the Morishima feud, I think the consensus pick for his best match was his battle against KENTA at GBHV Night 2.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Coaaab posted:

His Unified match against Nigel might still be my favorite ROH match but for reasons that make it as hard to watch as Shibata/Okada from last year. Besides everything from the Morishima feud, I think the consensus pick for his best match was his battle against KENTA at GBHV Night 2.

Is that the one where he goes 30 with a separated shoulder and everyone thought he'd drop the belt but didn't?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Is that the one where he goes 30 with a separated shoulder and everyone thought he'd drop the belt but didn't?

Yes and his selling made his girlfriend at the time cry and he was very proud of that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Yes and his selling made his girlfriend at the time cry and he was very proud of that.

I mean I guess you could take that as him taking pride in his craft but jesus christ.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Knowing what we do about how WWE works, I have to wonder if the theory was less give the Yes chant to Big Show, and more make the Yes chant a 'company' thing as opposed to a Daniel Bryan thing.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Oops wrong thread because i am a butt

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

How every wrestler on earth doesn't drop dead at age 24 from painkiller abuse is just completely beyond me.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Seams posted:

Knowing what we do about how WWE works, I have to wonder if the theory was less give the Yes chant to Big Show, and more make the Yes chant a 'company' thing as opposed to a Daniel Bryan thing.

I still remember this segment and it was the most cringeworthy and tone deaf things the WWE has attempted when trying to kill someone's heat. I can still see the stupid look on Big Show's face as he leads the chant.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Seams posted:

There was that time when Bryan was out injured they had Big Show come out during a dark segment to tell the crowd they were recording a Get Well Soon video for Bryan and lead everyone in massive Yes Chants. Then they used that footage as a fake audience reaction for a video of Vince announcing free month trials for the network.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

OctoberCountry posted:

There was that time when Bryan was out injured they had Big Show come out during a dark segment to tell the crowd they were recording a Get Well Soon video for Bryan and lead everyone in massive Yes Chants. Then they used that footage as a fake audience reaction for a video of Vince announcing free month trials for the network.

I admire the carny levels here.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

How every wrestler on earth doesn't drop dead at age 24 from painkiller abuse is just completely beyond me.

You have to find the right balance between painkillers and sleeping pills and muscle relaxers.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Halloween Jack posted:

You have to find the right balance between painkillers and sleeping pills and muscle relaxers.

He's not kidding, hardcore drug addicts find a morbid balance of various drugs to stay alive. It's when one gets overdone does the overdose happen.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

The Berzerker posted:

Daniel Bryan is probably my favorite wrestler of all time (certainly top 3), his work in ROH was one of the things that kept me from stopping watching wrestling entirely when I was super bored of WWE in the mid 00s.

That goes for me as well. Back then, all I got on TV was the 1-hour international versions of Raw and Smackdown, plus whatever TNA stuff would occasionally air on Eurosport, and I reached a point where I couldn't give a poo poo about wrestling anymore. Then (on another forum I just to visit) someone send me a link for "Jamie Noble vs an indy guy named Bryan Danielson". Didn't expect much because Noble to me was a random guy on Heat, and I didn't follow the Indies at all. Still, watched that match from Glory by Honor IV, and snap, that interest in wrestling was back. The next match I watched was Danielson vs Jack Evans from 2004 in which he tied up Evans in ways that should not be possible, and from then I was hooked again. Interest led to files, files led to DVDs and PPVs, and these days varying subs. Lots of money spent on thousands of hours of wrestling, thanks to Bryan.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

OctoberCountry posted:

Is Big Show still over? I can't imagine he wouldn't get any blowback from fans for being the face of that, especially since he seemed to be party to most of WWE's other attempts to gently caress Bryan over.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Show will always be over, he's an Attitude Era guy, and the WWE audience at this point is like 90% people who have been watching at least since then.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Now that Bryan has been cleared, how many STACK A DIMES NECK lines do we have to look forward to from The rear end Kicker?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Now that Bryan has been cleared, how many STACK A DIMES NECK lines do we have to look forward to from The rear end Kicker?

Hopefully them being on different shows means not for a while

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
in celebration, what do y'all think DBry's best matches (WWE or otherwise, video would be awesome)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flatluigi posted:

in celebration, what do y'all think DBry's best matches (WWE or otherwise, video would be awesome)

Any time he wrestles Hero, Nigel or Joe is magic. Violent, nasty magic.

edit: I'll elaborate as best I can with video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqN_bjPASkI Danielson vs Joe (c)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne7rKXkFqaM Danielson vs Nigel (c)

I can't find Bryan vs Hero for the PWG title from Guerre Sans Frontieres, but it was my favorite PWG match for a long time before being replaced by Guerilla Warfare between Sami Callihan and Drake Younger for #1 contendership

Also track down Danielson vs Morishima in a fight Without Honor. Absolute brutality.

My favorite WWE Bryan match is either him vs Miz for the US title or him vs Cena from Summerslam

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 21, 2018

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bryan/Cena is probably his best WWE match

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This is fun because everyone is clearly getting a kick out of it, including Miz who has to kind of take a moment to hide his smile and turn it into his usual good heeling. But the second those chants are audible Stephanie has the look of pure disgust and contempt on her face for the voice and will of the people. Truly a McMahon.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

STAC Goat posted:

This is fun because everyone is clearly getting a kick out of it, including Miz who has to kind of take a moment to hide his smile and turn it into his usual good heeling. But the second those chants are audible Stephanie has the look of pure disgust and contempt on her face for the voice and will of the people. Truly a McMahon.

I love Mark Henry raising Bryan's hand then just looking at Trips like "What?"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

My favorite part of the full segment is when Stephanie takes time to put over HHH as the greatest champion of all the men in the ring, and Punk gets this look on his face like there's not an arm on the planet big enough to make the jerking off motion he needs to make at that statement.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I remember Del Rio shooting this amazing "Okay then" expression too

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Rewatching WCW always reminds me how super loving over the torture rack. No matter what's going on storyline-wise, people lose their poo poo watching Luger hoist a guy on his shoulders and bouncing up and down.

Does anyone in a major promotion use the rack as a finisher these days? And how's Luger doing recently?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tato posted:

Rewatching WCW always reminds me how super loving over the torture rack. No matter what's going on storyline-wise, people lose their poo poo watching Luger hoist a guy on his shoulders and bouncing up and down.

Does anyone in a major promotion use the rack as a finisher these days? And how's Luger doing recently?

Nakanishi does. I think Luger's still improving, haven't heard any bad news about him in awhile.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

STAC Goat posted:

lol @ the announcers excitedly putting over how cool and good WWE is without mentioning Bryan's name once

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Berzerker posted:

It is insane that I posted this yesterday and was thinking about how much I wish he was still wrestling, and then today he was cleared, I straight up couldn't believe it when I read the tweet, I thought I was getting worked by a fake account or something. I'm still speechless

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Matt tosses Bray into the Lake of Reincarnation, the next day Bryan is cleared to wrestle. Bray is going to turn up again but now he's vegan and has crippling seizures

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 21, 2018

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dude had brain lesions and years of concussions, what the hell has he been doing that fixed those things?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

My favorite part of the full segment is when Stephanie takes time to put over HHH as the greatest champion of all the men in the ring, and Punk gets this look on his face like there's not an arm on the planet big enough to make the jerking off motion he needs to make at that statement.

Hell, if I remember right he openly shakes his head laughing and mouths,"No he's not" :xd:

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Dude had brain lesions and years of concussions, what the hell has he been doing that fixed those things?

Well he's been trying using a hyperbaric chamber which a lot of people say is probably a crock of poo poo, so the fear is that the reason he has been getting better is purely down to because he hasn't been wrestling.

Hopefully he's fine and stays fine, because getting to see him wrestle again loving rules but I really, really don't want him getting hurt again.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Jerusalem posted:

Well he's been trying using a hyperbaric chamber which a lot of people say is probably a crock of poo poo, so the fear is that the reason he has been getting better is purely down to because he hasn't been wrestling.

If it worked for all those DBZ characters it's good enough for D-Bry.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Posted this in the other www thread but this is one of my favourite DB matches that had no build up.

freeranger posted:

Daniel Bryan vs Jack Swagger, Cesaro & someone else in a Gauntlet match from Raw 1052 (July 22, 2013)

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31352403/milestone/31358067/?contentId=&contextType=wwe-show&contextId=

Seriously, the Bryan/Cesaro section was freaking amazing!

I think the third wrestler was Ryback. But def check out the Cesaro part. It just kept building up with the crowd loving it.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Jerusalem posted:

Hell, if I remember right he openly shakes his head laughing and mouths,"No he's not" :xd:

And Dolph's just flat out like, "gently caress this poo poo!"

quote:

Hopefully he's fine and stays fine, because getting to see him wrestle again loving rules but I really, really don't want him getting hurt again.

Honestly, like Kurt Angle, I really don't want to see him wrestle any more, but if they're all convinced it's okay then that's that I suppose. And I guess it's better to clear him than have him saunter off to a promotion with nothing to lose and see him literally crumble into dust in the ring after an hour long ironman match.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Lesion is apparently a generic medical term that means ‘something’.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

There’s never just one lesion, there’s always many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

oldpainless posted:

There’s never just one lesion, there’s always many.

Worse comes to worse, he could team with Animal as the Lesion of Doom.