Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
This means there are OEM Super Casual decals out there somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

What is that mirror for?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Snowy posted:

What is that mirror for?

So you know exactly how far away your rear bumper is from anything you are backing up towards.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
And they're super handy on a van.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’ve been surprised at how few jdm vehicles I spot in nyc but here’s a cutie

That’s the kind of thing that keeps me reading this thread.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Someone needs to sticker up a 4x4 one as a Filthy Casual.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I cannot find any "super casual" decals. urgh :argh:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Oh hot drat.

http://goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/JAPAN_OTHER/JAPAN_OTHER/700070338830170528001/index.html

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Micra pick up!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Nearly a million yen for a chopped-about March/Micra?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

InitialDave posted:

Nearly a million yen for a chopped-about March/Micra?

Yeah, the price is nuts. I'd rather spend twice that on this Autech Stelvio Zagato

http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/JAPAN_OTHER/JAPAN_OTHER/700040228520100831002/index.html

e: apparently they only built 104 of these.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
That front end looks like one of those pictures of a dog that decided to stick their snout in a wasp's nest.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Those wheels are baller though, the better kind of one spoke.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
"Man, disc wheels are totally dope. I wish more cars had those. And NACA ducts. Those too. Man, I love NACA ducts."

*Knocks back another Kirin.*

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
If you remove the valve cores, the tires will be force-fed air when in motion. Its like an analog TPMS.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Fermented Tinal posted:

Paging Left Ventricle. You need to buy this and confuse the hell out of your neighbours. ^^^

WHO DISTURBS MY SLUMBER

I really want a Century. I am in no way capable of procuring one, but boy would that be nice.

On the flip side, here is a Regal-badged Century wagon for ¥660k!

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I think "JDM Century wagon" would really cement your legacy.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Left Ventricle posted:

I really want a Century.

I... I just...

Oh my god I think I'm dying here.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Dagen H posted:

I think "JDM Century wagon" would really cement your legacy.

Those amber turn signals are loving rad.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

quote:

features:classic model,well used,large displacement,rich options,easily drive,left handle,smoke free,ordinary engined,fresh,not smart key,need a key,regular seats,no airbags,smooth handling,no Parking Camera,relaxable,safety assist,no ESC,barely damaged,normally used,satisfactory engine,good condition,chic color,no repaired
For Your Life.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I cannot find any "super casual" decals. urgh :argh:

I spent way too much time last night looking myself. I’d imagine a Japanese fluent friend would have better luck

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
To our resident import experts: what are the rules about "repatriating" a USDM car, like the "Regal" I linked to? Is it still 25 years? I mean, aside from the amber turns, it's pretty clearly made for the Canadian market (km/h speedo), but still probably made in America.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Another AZ-1 showed up on BaT. I'll bid on it some, but I dunno if it's worth 10k to me.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-autozam-az-1-2/

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

kimbo305 posted:

Another AZ-1 showed up on BaT. I'll bid on it some, but I dunno if it's worth 10k to me.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-autozam-az-1-2/

This will go past $13k if any of the other ones are any indication. The invoice in those pictures claims he only paid $4800 so that means he probably paid 7-8k at auction? Depends really but everyone enters less because it's a free way to save money.

I am going to import one of these as soon as the right one comes up. Doubt I'll end up keeping it but I gotta know what it's like to live with one.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

As far as JDM 4x4 vans go, would either the hiace or the Delica have an advantage over the other in terms of access to parts and mechanics who would have any idea what they were looking at?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Left Ventricle posted:

To our resident import experts: what are the rules about "repatriating" a USDM car, like the "Regal" I linked to? Is it still 25 years? I mean, aside from the amber turns, it's pretty clearly made for the Canadian market (km/h speedo), but still probably made in America.

You'd really have to look it up yourself but I recall it being extremely easy to bring a car back and you get to sidestep all the standard import stuff.

Snowy posted:

As far as JDM 4x4 vans go, would either the hiace or the Delica have an advantage over the other in terms of access to parts and mechanics who would have any idea what they were looking at?

I'd say it's a wash mostly with a slight edge to the Hiace because it's from a manufacturer that still exists here in the US. There is a more lively 'scene' centered around the Delicas because they are cooler than any Hiace (especially if you are in the Pacific Northwest). It would be close enough that'd I'd focus more on getting a van that you like without regard to part sourcing.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

KakerMix posted:

Here is a 2WD Toyota that would probably be pretty comfortable to camp in

SquirrelGrip fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 20, 2018

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Ugh, that's disgustingly cool.

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

Continuing adventures with yahoo. So buying through a private party is the same world wide lots of shady people. Won the auction but the seller won’t turn over the registration so we can’t verify the cars information, miles, accident history etc. I just want to commend JCD on being on point and keeping me in the loop and backing out of the sale unless the dude turns over the info and it looks truthful. Oh well back to hunting the auction houses.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Fievel Goes Bi posted:

Continuing adventures with yahoo. So buying through a private party is the same world wide lots of shady people. Won the auction but the seller won't turn over the registration so we can't verify the cars information, miles, accident history etc. I just want to commend JCD on being on point and keeping me in the loop and backing out of the sale unless the dude turns over the info and it looks truthful. Oh well back to hunting the auction houses.

Dang.
That sucks a whole heck of a lot. Even if the guy suddenly went "Oh wait here it is!" I'd back out on principle. There is a lack of truth somewhere and that's reason enough to back out and away.
I'll amend the op :v:

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

Yeah. Probably won’t buy it even if the guys turns it over. But hey better to find out now then later after I paid for it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Applebees

Sold for $3410

Electric Pigeon
Aug 14, 2008

Fievel Goes Bi posted:

Yeah. Probably won’t buy it even if the guys turns it over. But hey better to find out now then later after I paid for it.

Sucks man. Could be worse, but still a pretty harsh disappointment. Good luck next round!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

Applebees

Sold for $3410

Wow nice, too bad there are no interior pics but it definitely looks to be a straight up Class B RV.

My problem right now is I only have enough room for one more vehicle (3 total) and I'm leaning towards a Wrangler instead of a camper van now since I've been pinning for a Jeep and I'd get more use and fun out of that......Too little room, too many cars :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You have a backyard right?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah that's where a Wrangler is gonna go :v:

And its about the only thing that will fit through my gate besides a Miata.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No street parking in your hood? poo poo dude, I live in an apartment and we got room for four!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Nope. I could pile them up in my driveway but I'm not gonna be that guy, also gently caress shuffling cars around.

I don't even have a garage, just one carport. The Lexus goes under the car port, and my xB goes next to that in front of the gate. Jeep will go behind gate.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

More like old, you'll see one day.....

Jerk :argh: