Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

The .96 Gal Deco has Splash Wall and Splashdown, which is even better than having Splash Wall and Sting Ray (the .52 Deco has Curling Bombs and Sting Ray, which is good, if only for the Curling Bombs).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• JP Newest models Vs Popular models @ March 24th 15:00 JT

All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

Wanna stay fresh or you gonna play it safe?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Can I change my character? I picked the boy but I feel in my heart maybe I should have picked the girl?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah there's a option in settings to recustomize your character model, you can do it as many times as you want

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Can I change my character? I picked the boy but I feel in my heart maybe I should have picked the girl?
Change anything anytime

Squidkids are genderfluid chromatophoric sequential hermaphrodites

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rexroom posted:

I don't understand the conflict there

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't understand the conflict there

Do you want the new 2018 Shelby Cobra or the iconic, famous 1967 Shelby Cobra with the two white stripes?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Takoluka posted:

Do you want the new 2018 Shelby Cobra or the iconic, famous 1967 Shelby Cobra with the two white stripes?

That seems like an extremely minor disagreement.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is the American Splatfest gonna be The Thing vs Hateful Eight?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is the American Splatfest gonna be The Thing vs Hateful Eight?

Original CN Teen Titans vs Teen Titans Go

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Takoluka posted:

Original CN Teen Titans vs Teen Titans Go

That's at least a genuine argument. This is things that are both good and both basically the same thing.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Doritos Nacho Cheese vs Cool Ranch

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's at least a genuine argument. This is things that are both good and both basically the same thing.

They're not battling for objects. They're battling for concepts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Takoluka posted:

A nation without an army, an army without a nation...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Takoluka posted:

those shoes don't communicate those concepts very well, imo.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Dr Cheeto posted:

*Marina pointing dualies at Pearl in her cubicle*

"Which came first? Ranch or Cool Ranch?"

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Guy Goodbody posted:

those shoes don't communicate those concepts very well, imo.

We also didn't actually listen to their conversation in the game. I mean, the previous JP Splatfest on its face is "flowers vs. dango," when it was actually "aestheticism vs. pragmatism."

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Truly lol at you guys who have never interacted with sneakerheads.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rexroom posted:

That's a pretty lovely and lazy splatfest theme, but I do wish we got more product placement here in the US because I wanted to have McSplatfest so drat bad.

ZeButler posted:

The .96 Gal Deco has Splash Wall and Splashdown, which is even better than having Splash Wall and Sting Ray (the .52 Deco has Curling Bombs and Sting Ray, which is good, if only for the Curling Bombs).

Ah, right. I prefer having the sprinkler and ink armor with the vanilla .96 because whenever I encounter an enemy close enough to hit me, the goddamn wall doesn't deploy fast enough to keep me from getting killed (does Sub Power Up speed that up at all?) but it is fun to confound lovely snipers by throwing a wall out to block their shots while you effortlessly erase them.

.52 Deco is my main go-to for Clam Blitz though, curling bombs and Stingray are perfect for that. At least it would be, if my loving teammates would ever ride the curling trail to throw the football in while I'm blasting it with the stingray.

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 20, 2018

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

This is the correct choice.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

In Training posted:

A nation without an army, an army without a nation...

A weapon to surpass Cuttle Gear

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Still can't believe they got the rights to put Dr. Robotnik into the game.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I love the blobfish npc already

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Improbable Lobster posted:

I love the blobfish npc already

Seriously, the Blobfish character is inspired.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bleck posted:

Man, gently caress sloshers.

Is there a deco version of the .96 Gal yet, and if so when do I get it?

Don't hate. Bucket Naysh.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Ranch vs Cool Ranch
e - goddammit Crispies.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
A few more screenshots from Squid Research Labs

quote:

This is one of the stations where Deepsea Metro stops. Each station is directly connected to a respective test facility in which various tests await Agent 8. Each station will offer a unique test; for example, there appears to be a test in which you must clear an area only using special weapons.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Inescapable Duck posted:

Splatoon pro controller's getting fixed, trying to go back to joycons is impossible. I guess I'm gonna hafta get a boring black pro controller to play this with any competence, dammit.

Have you tried using the grip? I only ask because people frequently forget that it even exists (myself included).

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jizz Festival posted:

Have you tried using the grip? I only ask because people frequently forget that it even exists (myself included).

Yeah, didn't help the main issue with the sticks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think it's hosed up that you can carry the football in the baller

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

Hmm I don't think I've ever noticed. Don't you drop it immediately if you use a super or super jump?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

The Bloop posted:

Hmm I don't think I've ever noticed. Don't you drop it immediately if you use a super or super jump?

It only drops once the Baller inksplodes at the end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Bloop posted:

You can and definitely should super jump with the football, league matches are brutal in clam blitz because people will coordinate beakons all over and snipe the bucket constantly

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

You can and definitely should super jump with the football, league matches are brutal in clam blitz because people will coordinate beakons all over and snipe the bucket constantly

Clam blitz is my only more I haven't reached S ran in. Just got to A-

I just haven't played it enough yet. The lure of Salmon Run is strong

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

raditts posted:

It has stingray

Ew, no thanks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Clam blitz is my only more I haven't reached S ran in. Just got to A-

I just haven't played it enough yet. The lure of Salmon Run is strong

It's pretty hard, definitely the ranked mode that requires the most communication. I think by S people realize that This Way! can be used to mean "give me clams" at least which helps

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

In Training posted:

Fun fact, if you let the enemy pop the Baller, you won't drop the Power Clam like detonating it would. So you can just park right next to their goal, let them fire at you (which would definitely let your teammates get in free potshots on them if they take the bait.) And if they burst your ball, you can immediately toss in the Power Clam. And they can do absolutely nothing about it aside from ignoring you, except now you're a ticking time bomb that's going to turf their base and possibly kill some of their team members.

Clam Blitz has the potential to be a good game mode, but there are a ton of kinks that need to be worked out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol i saw somebody do exactly that in a match today which made me tilted enough to post here about it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The best part about clam blitz though is that I've been learning to effectively check my map a lot which has been helping me in all the other modes too

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

The best part about clam blitz though is that I've been learning to effectively check my map a lot which has been helping me in all the other modes too

It would be cool if you could see it on the screen of your Switch while the game plays on the TV. Maybe Nintendo's next console........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
JP Splatfest art is up.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/976391085848125440