Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I assumed it was just dumb twitter lols, but the bulldogs lawyer actually suggested that one of the reasons Brennan shouldn't be suspended is because Bob Murphy missed the 2016 grand final, you'd want him to be on a loving no win no pay arrangement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/tommorris32/status/976045276103294976?s=19

Ahhhhhh loving hell.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Chelsea Randall and Emma Kearney ended up in a tie in the AFLCA award, Kearney finished with a 10, but after getting knocked out and only playing the first half Randall finished with a 4.

Final leaderboard
42 – Chelsea Randall (Adelaide)
42 – Emma Kearney (Western Bulldogs)
35 – Ellie Blackburn (Western Bulldogs)
34 – Kate Lutkins (Brisbane Lions)
32 – Dana Hooker (Fremantle)
31 – Daisy Pearce (Melbourne)
30 – Courtney Gum (GWS)
26 – Kara Donnellan (Fremantle)
26 – Elise O’Dea (Melbourne)
24 – Ebony Antonio (Fremantle)

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
loving gently caress

I guess if Bri has walked it meant the board fired keeping and he didn't quit due to health concerns, and now the backlash begins given every single aflw player is out of contract they can go to whatever club will take them.

Someone elsewhere said the players didn't want to play with keeping as coach... which may also be true but why would Davey want out after he was let go if that is the case.

Either way, looks like we'll be down the bottom of the ladder for a few years if our talent walks out and new clubs get all the draft picks.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 20, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:eyepop:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

About right for an U-16 championship.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Also Ultimate Footy guys, I'm looking to do a straight swap trade for Scott Pendlebury or Steele Sidebottom, asking price is a decent Forward.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Huge 3rd quarter for the Eagles

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Diet Crack posted:

About right for an U-16 championship.

That's the SANFL U16 league round 1

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Yup, Under 16's.

I can't wait for the season to begin!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

Two words prove you wrong here. Jeff Kennett.

(Yes, I am an old man who lived through his reign. Fight me.)

When Kennett got in (yes I lived through it too) the state of the Victorian economy was not good and I'm not about to blame the voters for looking for a fix and Kennett got in on the promise to fix it. Of course he "fixed" it, and hosed a good deal else up but that's how it goes. As a Queensland refugee, I thought Kennett talked a big game but was no Bjelke-Petersen and Matthew Guy is certainly no Kennett. Guy would need some kind of Armageddon for the electorate to give him a try so soon after his party's debacle government and his own peccadilloes.

I expect the Saints to just miss the finals again.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Labor are currently holding a 4 point lead in the polls. Though I expect a small bump the other way because of this mornings misappropriation of election funds, I would think that once the effects of many of Labors transport projects start flowing through they should hold on to power, barring some sort of incredible disaster (e.g a recession).

Give it a few more months and the only people that wont like the skyrail will be the handful of oldies along the train tracks that never would have voted labor anyway.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hiddenmovement posted:

Labor are currently holding a 4 point lead in the polls. Though I expect a small bump the other way because of this mornings misappropriation of election funds, I would think that once the effects of many of Labors transport projects start flowing through they should hold on to power, barring some sort of incredible disaster (e.g a recession).

Give it a few more months and the only people that wont like the skyrail will be the handful of oldies along the train tracks that never would have voted labor anyway.

The story today was probably the most boring loving corruption story in history

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

The story today was probably the most boring loving corruption story in history

Swing voters muyb, swing voters

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hiddenmovement posted:

Swing voters muyb, swing voters

Yeah I know, I even read the comments for some godforsaken reason, and one person asked if the money would be repaid when the article said it already has been on line loving three.

Given the amazing ability of Liberals to shoot themselves in the foot, I wouldn’t be entirely surprised for Matthew Guy to push hard for a strengthened IBAC and wind up in jail for his role in Ventnor.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Isn’t Peter Gordon a lawyer or loving something?

After going to the tribunal with “you can’t make another dogs captain miss a grand final, remember Bob??” They appear to be going to the appeals board with “if this were the AFL (an entirely separate league with different rules and disciplinary measures), she wouldn’t be suspended”

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
What's the projected swing against Richmond to be ousted as reigning premiers?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don’t think she should miss one week let alone two (including a gf) for that tackle

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
The only argument I feel that holds water is proportionality. Penalties being % of match payment or playing time makes sense if they want to-the-dollar equality but I think the spread of semi-pro contracts the women are on makes that hard to really legislate. The penalties punish women more than men for similar conduct.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Solemn Sloth posted:

Isn’t Peter Gordon a lawyer or loving something?

After going to the tribunal with “you can’t make another dogs captain miss a grand final, remember Bob??” They appear to be going to the appeals board with “if this were the AFL (an entirely separate league with different rules and disciplinary measures), she wouldn’t be suspended”

And also:

The Dogs counsel attempted to argue Brennan should be cleared because it would be another "cruel blow" to the Bulldogs given what happened in 2016 with Bob Murphy. They further suggested Brennan's impact in growing women's football should provide for mitigating circumstances.

realbez posted:

I don’t think she should miss one week let alone two (including a gf) for that tackle

It isn't just that tackle though, she already had been reprimanded, so being the second offense this did her in. Of course, an AFL player could just pay the fine and play but with no fines in the AFLW system (they don't get paid enough to be fined) she has to miss the week.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It is ridiculous for that tackle plus whatever reprimand she got before to be worth two weeks in a seven week season. Just give her a smaller fine than the men get or something, this situation is embarrassing.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The clear solution to this is to pay the AFLW a proper wage so you can fine them. When you’re paying them such garbage that you can’t justify fining them for misconduct you hosed up

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Harris laughing at the factually inaccurate line "superstar player is seeking a way out" because she's not trying to leave

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Perko is going to front up for the Hawks in the VWFL yassss

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

NTRabbit posted:

Harris laughing at the factually inaccurate line "superstar player is seeking a way out" because she's not trying to leave

Her broader point isn’t wrong - that site is a joke. It could be an important resource (and has some genuinely excellent writers) but instead the editor treats it as an excuse to prosecute petty grievances and spout insane conspiracy theories. It’s a shame.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
This kid owns https://streamable.com/zn7ja

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
::frogsiren: :captainpop: (Men's) FOOTY IS BACK :captainpop: :frogsiren:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

What website does knockout footy tips?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The main afl tipping site has the gauntlet thingy which is knockout

Also yeah, goontipping get your tips in for tonight!

snaeksikn posted:

See drunkill's post below for more info on AFLW

TIPPING

FootyTipping hasn't rolled over yet for some reason but if you were in it last year you should be automatically entered in it this year.

If you're new or got purged the link is thus:
http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/SASTips
pw: goons

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

viney and tom mcdonald are out for 6-8 weeks

both have foot problems, viney's is the one that he played through last year and rushed back from early to try and be ready for finals

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

both have foot problems, viney's is the one that he played through last year and rushed back from early to try and be ready for finals

But he had all of September off for it to heal up????

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Ha

Haha

Haa

Aha

Hahahaaaaha

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The Western Bulldogs are arguing Katie Brennan's suspension breaches federal sexual discrimination laws.

theyre just, really doubling down here

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

the last touch rule breaches federal sexual discrimination laws.

also using size 4 balls.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Every woman at my club that can actually kick swears that they would rather use the size 5, and not for some ideological reason but purely because they feel the larger ball flies better and feels more solid off the foot.

They are right btw

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

The Western Bulldogs are arguing Katie Brennan's suspension breaches federal sexual discrimination laws.

theyre just, really doubling down here

I think I worked out who their lawyer is

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

or lionel hutz

cant wait for the surprise witnesses to start being trotted out

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

hiddenmovement posted:

Every woman at my club that can actually kick swears that they would rather use the size 5, and not for some ideological reason but purely because they feel the larger ball flies better and feels more solid off the foot.

They are right btw

also easier to bounce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

or lionel hutz

cant wait for the surprise witnesses to start being trotted out

Hmm, Luke Hodge is playing in Melbourne this weekend....