Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Lightings stuff being meh is disapointing - hope I’ll just snatch the usb and not worry about the arcane then.

Oh and 3x are back to ssb's (Golbez), though after 4 ultra's I don't mind too much at this point.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
So far

15/T/0: Orlandeau SSB
14: Minfilia USB, Cid BSB
13: Snow BSB (dupe)
12: Balthier OSB
11: Shantotto CSB
10: Braska SSB (dupe)
9: Freya SSB
8: Rinoa SSB (dupe)
7: Red XIII SSB (dupe)
6: Setzer USB, Relm BSB
5: Bartz USB (dupe)

4: DK Cecil BSB - well it's a +dark sword so it's not completely useless I suppsoe

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Hey my first 2/3!

Golbez SSB
Porom BSB

Wow thank you game I will definitely put those relics to good use.

*Throws relics in the vault, locking it for good measure*

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Porom bsb seems decent enough, entry comes with party magic/mind buff.

What's not alright are these last series of mp raids, pure bs! :argh:

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Mar 21, 2018

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Avalerion posted:

Porom bsb seems decent enough, entry comes with party magic/mind buff.

What's not alright are these last series of mp raids, pure bs! :argh:

I did one last night with pubbies and actually had no issues. I do think I will organize with goons on the other one just because it's fun and I haven't done it in a while.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I was getting my rear end kicked on the Melusine MP fights until I remembered I could equip accessories that block Confuse. :downs:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

quote is not edit

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Cecil’s ancient 3-hit SSB. At least it’s +10a.... oh.

I’ve been toying with that 33 pull sim and I’m getting about 40% chance for a pull I’d be satisfied with. Going to be a tough call.

oh boy +300 HP that’ll sure come in handy

Also, you mean the second 33-pull, right? Because there’s literally negative reason to forfeit effectively 150 mythril in pulls given for free.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Yeah those D220 MP raids are no joke. I went solo using Auron of all people for retaliate. I do have his USB and BSB2 though. Bartz was still my primary DPS since SSS plus extra casts are still so drat strong. I had to rely on proshellga, wall and 4 different dances to mitigate the damage enough. It'd be nice if they gave you magicite access for solo raids.

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.
For the 220, I actually went with a completely YOLO crowd control setup running Alphinaud USB, summons and OK with Meteor as my means of offense. Staggering Alph’s damage turns and chipping into KO range once he had the gauge to cast Teraflare (along with Ramza entrusting his rear end) did the trick. On the second wave, everybody was imperiled by Faris’ USB2 and the second Teraflare wiped them out before Deathflare even kicked in.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Yeah I meant going in a 2nd time for 50 myth for the 33 when I was simming the pulls.

The chance of a decent draw is admittably higher than I thought. A lot of random elemental boosters can just salvage the draw.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

The way I see it, unless you're just stacked in every single way possible (which can be the case), it's a gacha game on an anniversary celebration. You're basically getting a heavily discounted lottery ticket with an actual prize already in place and the chance to win big. Unless you're destitute in mythril it's in the "why not" category for most people to pull.

If you're at maybe <150 or less mythril with clear needs from the banners though, it's probably a good idea to just go with the banners.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Oh boy 3 MC3s this will help me out if I get anything good in the fest pulls.

Whoops, they're gone

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Already got so many new relics from the 3 pulls, I need eggs more than anything.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
15/T/0: Agrias OSB (3rd one)
14: Papa OSB (dupe)
13: Noel BSB
12: Gabranth SSB (+Dark armor)
11: Prishe BSB
10: Braska SSB (the bad one)
9: Garnet LMR
8: Zell SSB (3rd one)
7: Sephiroth OSB
6: Locke LMR (+Fire armor)
5: Lenna BSB
4. Rosa LMR (have her SSB)

I need to nab something decent in the last 3 realms as it's not looking like a great use of 75 mythril.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

For the last 2 pulls I got Cid(FFIV)'s SSB and Exdeath's SSB. Those are both bad, right?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
im definitely doing the extra 33 pull

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
On the second 33-pull, it depends on what you pull for. If you're aiming specifically at only top tier 6* relics to improve on your A-team then your Mythril is better spent on regular banners. If you wouldn't mind grabbing the better BSBs and weaker OSBs and USBs, then the 33-pull is fine. I believe the average draw should be 5/33. SSB+, no LMR.

I mainly stare at this someone got during the last 33-pull to save Mythril. It's a dupe for me too so it's doubly effective.

Takuan posted:

For the last 2 pulls I got Cid(FFIV)'s SSB and Exdeath's SSB. Those are both bad, right?

Cid's SSB could be a lightning+ hammer which is useful for.... Scott, Xezat and Delita using Spellblade. So a dud with a slim chance of being useful. Or it's a bracer with no special boosts which is more of a dud. If you don't have an Imperil Lightning or Pentabreak yet they can be useful while waiting for better relics.

Exdeath's SSB is either a dark+ staff or a dark+ heavy armor so it's a decent stat stick no matter what. The faithga and Mblink are nice for CMs at least.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 21, 2018

Takuan
May 6, 2007

pichupal posted:

Cid's SSB could be a lightning+ hammer which is useful for.... Scott, Xezat and Delita using Spellblade. So a dud with a slim chance of being useful. Or it's a bracer with no special boosts which is more of a dud. If you don't have an Imperil Lightning or Pentabreak yet they can be useful while waiting for better relics.

Exdeath's SSB is either a dark+ staff or a dark+ heavy armor so it's a decent stat stick no matter what. The faithga and Mblink are nice for CMs at least.

Oh, if only it were a hammer. I got the glove. Monkey Wrench SSB. And for Exdeath I got the armor, which is actually kinda useful because I don't have any 5* heavy armor yet. Almost entirely helms and hats and light armor.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

More people should have glove access. I'm kind of annoyed that my Bartz (and all members of FFV's main cast) can't use literally every weapon. I suppose that should apply to III also. I have Rikku's USB water+ glove which is an amazing stat stick. Thankfully Yuffie's been able to put in good work with it.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
The same strategy I had used to beat Kraken(entrust and spam the heck out of Lightning’s USB and Thunderinng Quadstrike) wasn’t working on Marilith. Bartz can chew through a ton of damage all by himself thanks to his USB but firaga spam was just too much.

Decided to give Curilla’s USB a spin to see how Marilis likes eating 5k hits:

2 down, 4 to go!

Armitage fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 21, 2018

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Got my 3rd sub-30 4*

Kain - CSB
Onion - mUSB
Selphie - USB
Alph - SSB
Sora - USB

There is an unfortunate amount of RNG involved for sure. The counters are a real pain in the rear end so it requires a pretty slow start since an early counter can derail things immediately. All Lifesiphons target the arms and Alph heals the first few turns (including casting enkidu). Kinda neat to do it with a mixed team. Now if only this jerk would stop dropping Kraken magicites (7 out of 10), I'd be in business.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Desch USB? Why do I have so much Desch stuff

I haven't heard much about Desch USB but I didn't have it before so I'll call it a win

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
:sbahj:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
CoD USB.

I have all the dark now. All of it.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Arcs bsb hmm.
How far away are offensive white mages from being a thing?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Onion BSB. This would have been nice a few months ago.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

XV - Gladio LMR (No SBs)
XIV - Minfilia BSB (Dupe)
XIII - Serah USB
XII - Gabranth BSB
XI - Shantotto LMR (No SBs)
X - Lulu USB
IX - Zidane BSB1 (Dupe)
VIII - Seifer BSB
VII - Rufus SSB (Dupe)
VI - Kefka OSB
V - Krile SSB (Dupe), Dorgann BSB (Dupe)
IV - Golbez SSB

And tonight's pull...

1/3 Luneth BSB (Dupe)

I don't even have that much for III and I still get a dupe. Bah I say! Still though, I've gotten a pair of USBs and a 6* +Dark bracer so I haven't done badly at all for the parade.

Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

My level 65 onion kinght has only 1084 HP wtf am I missing here?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Well holy poo poo, 1/3 Ingus Chain!

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Luneth USB :toot: I got really confused for a moment figuring out who used Katanas in FFIII.

I suppose it's good timing since he can use new Wind Celerity ability, and Cid Highwind can keep the jumps. Fingers still crossed for FFII and I, but I honestly can't say that this is easily the best 75 Mythril I've ever spent even even if I get two dupes. I've been very low on dupes this whole parade too.

XV/T/T-0: Orlandeau SSB (dupe)
XIV: Alphinaud BSB
XIII: Sazh SSB1
XII: Larsa BSB
XI: Shantotto USB
X: Auron LMR
IX: Vivi USB, Marcus BSB
VIII: Squall OSB, Squall BSB1 (dupe)
VII: Yuffie USB1
VI: Umaro SSB
V: Krile CSB
IV: Decil SSB
III: Luneth USB

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Onion Knight has completely poo poo stats that make even the core characters look good until he gets close to 99. At which point his stats suddenly rocket off to space and he dwarfs most every other character.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Verisimillipede posted:

My level 65 onion kinght has only 1084 HP wtf am I missing here?

He doesn't get strong until level 92+ when his stats go up sharply.

He's worse than core characters before that point.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I got a Refia LMR. Once again, I have a complete Refia. Nice!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo OMG :stare:

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

BGrifter posted:

Holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo OMG :stare:

Congrats man. Getting that pushed me way more toward melee teams and its been fun as hell.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

*fart noises*

Aria SSB

I already had a much better healing item in Arc's SSB, so it's pretty much poo poo.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
FF4: Porom BSB
FF3: Desch materia... :smithicide:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
5* Luneth SSB

eh whatever, Its something at least and he's the only FF3 guy I have leveled to 99 so I can use him now.

Oooooh trivia quizes
Ah poo poo I know jack of poo poo about Type 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Combo posted:

Congrats man. Getting that pushed me way more toward melee teams and its been fun as hell.

I got the Sage USB but not Ninja during the OK banner a little while ago. Been waffling on whether to pull on the Fest banner despite it being dupe city for me, now I don’t have to. :woop:

So hype for a world with Ninja OK and a friend Tyro USB3!

• Locked thread