Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm pretty sure that before the last two seasons someone wrote a long post about how they're totally sure that TWOW was totally coming out to coincide with the start of the next season, so it makes sense that it would happen yet again. At least it won't have to happen anymore after this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm pretty sure that before the last two seasons someone wrote a long post about how they're totally sure that TWOW was totally coming out to coincide with the start of the next season, so it makes sense that it would happen yet again. At least it won't have to happen anymore after this.

No no. You see, TWOW is finished already. GRRM is secretly working on A Dream of Spring for a special double release right before the final season of GoT begins.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We'll know in a year. I can't believe we're so close to the end. I mean, I'll be closer because I'm going to read every single spoiler that gets posted as soon as it gets posted and blast it across the entire internet for old time's sake.

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.
Setup a GoFundMe to pay for spoiler-heavy custom titles for prolific tviv posters.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
One of the best times in this thread was when TVIV spoiler baby people got all horny for the chance to someday "get revenge" on the bad thread by spoiling stuff that's on TV and not out in books yet and then nothing came of it because no one in here gives a poo poo enough to not watch the show and/or not just read the spoilers on their own.

Like lol they thought people care about the books the way they care about a HBO boob show. As if anyone could possibly top the care levels of people who got into all out wars trying to figure out if someone was just theorizing or SECRETLY talking about the books lmao.

Edit: I suppose it's possible someone might have cared about the books that much but what are the chances they share the same brain disease as TVIV where you think you're entitled to dictate to the internet what they are and aren't allowed to post in your presence rather than just having a modicum of self control and avoiding a particular forum.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 13, 2018

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lmao describing the studios cynically deploying all their licenses in order to get oo's and aah's from an audience as a VG player using all the pay-to-win poo poo in a game rather than playing it is way too astute of a take.

It would be awesome if all the licensed property in the movie was blurred out until you deposited the requisite number of tokens into your movie seat. Whenever something new came on the screen, the movie would freeze for 10 seconds so the audience could deposit tokens.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Honestly, the best thing to come out of the Season 7 spoiler leak frenzy was r/freefolk. That place is like if the Bad Thread were an entire subforum and it's great... for Reddit, anyway.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
So hows Winds of Winter coming along?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Fog Tripper posted:

So hows Winds of Winter coming along?

Pretty good

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

I figured this was an old link. Nope! Brand new Wildcards baby!

Seriously though - while waiting for the next installment in ASOIAF, why not try Wildcards! You never have to wait long for a new Wildcards Book!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Seriously, do anyone in this world cares about wildcards besides GRRM?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I mean someone has to. Wildcards!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Elias_Maluco posted:

nine-gear crow posted:

This is gonna take a while to explain, but basically

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Let's be fair, here. I'm sure the rest of his DnD group care about Wild Cards, too.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Elias_Maluco posted:

Jedit from this thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3501532

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Man if we got a page for every new fan suckered into buying a Wild Cards book because "hey I liked Game of Thrones and it's the same author" only to be disappointed as hell... we still wouldn't have the next book because GRRM lost the ability to condense narratives.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

So what does never buying a wildcards book say about a person?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

TK-42-1 posted:

So what does never buying a wildcards book say about a person?

probably doesn't eat rear end

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
a damning indictment

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A ne'er-do-well who's back is aching for the lash.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
Is it too late to throw out "Bernie Madoff Threeandten?"

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Bea Teemioff

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

#TeamShangela

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

^^^^
And here I was ready to offer my services to a (former) same-city bud. Deal's OFF, Jose.

Gimmedaroot
Aug 10, 2006

America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.
-Barack Obama
I'm starting to think that he was told by a fortune teller at one of the cons that he would live so long as ASoIaF is never finished by him.

And forget Sanderson finishing it for him. Let Abercrombie do it.

Oh who am I kidding...it'll be Preston Jacobs.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Cavelcade posted:

The best line from the best character.

I'm partial to: "Lots of cunts"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm just finishing up The Blade Itself and I really like it. Abercrombie can finish the books for him and I'd be OK with that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I legitimately wouldn't realise half the people in this country were mutated if a mutant virus did hit britain.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gimmedaroot posted:

I'm starting to think that he was told by a fortune teller at one of the cons that he would live so long as ASoIaF is never finished by him.
My theory is that he made a deal with the devil to write "The best fantasy trilogy" of his generation. Which he arguably did. The twist being of course that books 4 and on suck, and will never be finished.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

kcroy posted:

My theory is that he made a deal with the devil to write "The best fantasy trilogy" of his generation. Which he arguably did. The twist being of course that books 4 and on suck, and will never be finished.

My favorite thing about Winds is all the hopeful theories about when it will be released. First it was surely gonna get released because the show was about to pass the material he had written. Then it was surely gonna get released because he'd want to stay relevant. And now the next one will be people getting hopeful about him doing a release in conjunction with the final season.

Eventually they'll realize all there is Wild Cards and death.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

My favorite thing about Winds is all the hopeful theories about when it will be released. First it was surely gonna get released because the show was about to pass the material he had written. Then it was surely gonna get released because he'd want to stay relevant. And now the next one will be people getting hopeful about him doing a release in conjunction with the final season.

Eventually they'll realize all there is Wild Cards and death.

There's one last stage that people will go through. It'll be "okay, now that the show's over, let's see how it all REALLY ended, right George? ...George?" People will desperately cling to that one for a year, maybe two at the most. And then finally, thankfully... silence.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You’d think he would just throw drivel on paper just to get the books out so people would shut up.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Invalid Validation posted:

You’d think he would just throw drivel on paper just to get the books out so people would shut up.

I'd say he's scared of losing all relevance once the book drops so he's stringing people along, but he'd still be on hook for A Dream of Spring. I think he really truly doesn't know how to continue the story or stopped caring about 10 years ago.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I hope the show ending is so terrible it spurs him to hate write.

But it won't happen.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!

esperterra posted:

I hope the show ending is so terrible it spurs him to hate write.

But it won't happen.

The show ending will be the only ending we get and GRRM will just say in future interviews "mine will be better, you'll see."

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It will be akin to the labyrinth of Ts'ui Pen.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Perhaps the real Song of Ice and Fire was the friends in these threads that we've made along the way.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

The Tomb of George Martin will just be inscribed with the last sample chapter from DwDWoW.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

J=L+Aaaaargh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Watch as the fat man actually retcons it so that Jon really is Ned's bastard and Tyrion was a secret Targ.