Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
This scoreline probably flatters the Blues a bit. Tigers have had way more shots at goal (15 more atm) and the Blues have got 4 goals from 50m penalties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Blues have 2 players with 5 goal hauls and still gonna lose

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Diet Crack posted:

Cmon Bloos

Also re: AFLW Bulldogs, they should ban her even longer for that pathetic case against the tribunal.

gently caress you she should be playing and the system didn’t allow for any case to be brought to get her off after the initial hearing. The appeals process is a joke, the rules are a joke and the aflw mrp system as a whole is a huge joke.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

realbez posted:

gently caress you she should be playing and the system didn’t allow for any case to be brought to get her off after the initial hearing. The appeals process is a joke, the rules are a joke and the aflw mrp system as a whole is a huge joke.

gently caress you, them the rules, deal with it. Going back with "systematic prejudice against women!!" is a joke.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

realbez posted:

Yeah I was watching it through my VPN to avoid ads but it was really bad tonight so I switched to free to air. It was working fine in HD until two mins before the game, which is when thousands more people logged in I suppose.

Yeah I ran into that watching it live, but found rewinding a few minutes and letting it buffer to be an okay fix.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Periphery posted:

and the Blues have got 4 goals from 50m penalties.

Richmond got two goals from 50s and like 5 from free kicks too.

Yes all the 50s were weak, it happens every year. The umpires enforce the rules for the Carlton v Richmond opener and then relax the rest of the season because all the players have seen them enforce specific rules.

Good effort by the blues, ran out of legs at the end and with Kennedy on the bench and kreuzer basically out of the game for the last 40 minutes we just failed in the centre, not too bad to only lose by 25 against the premiers. Richmond unable to put us away until the last quarter looks bad for them.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Hoped the Blues would claw back, but then again it's the Blues.

Cheers for the lovely score Marc, thankfully it's a bye week for me in UF.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Richmond’s song sounds slightly off.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Diet Crack posted:

gently caress you, them the rules, deal with it. Going back with "systematic prejudice against women!!" is a joke.

Lol

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snoremac posted:

Richmond’s song sounds slightly off.

It’s the new recording endorsed by KB. The afl made them for every club but a few have stuck with the old fable singers ones. Most of the new ones are worse.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

gently caress it feels weird with the Tigers being the side to beat in the league.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Demons announced they told the AFL to piss off with the new recordings

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

monolithburger posted:

Yeah I ran into that watching it live, but found rewinding a few minutes and letting it buffer to be an okay fix.

I’ll try that next time it goes wrong. It is always ok for replays but last year I found it very hit and miss for live games. Better than paying for Foxtel though.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Weak game by Gibbs, invisible out there tonight. Should drop him.

realbez posted:

It’s the new recording endorsed by KB. The afl made them for every club but a few have stuck with the old fable singers ones. Most of the new ones are worse.

Not just a few. Only Richmond and Sydney will use the new recordings, all other clubs have said they will stick to the proper themesongs.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Good

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Late to the party take: those shorts were poo poo.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
The Blues defense was really poor tonight, it felt like very little pressure whenever the Tigers went forward.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/sirswampthing/status/976765800580202497?s=19

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I’m watching on delay, at half time now, very entertaining game but Carlton are getting absolutely hosed by “no genuine attempt calls” they’ve been pinged three times already in what were at best 50/50 calls, while Richmond have managed to escape very similar situations at least three times without a whistle

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

hiddenmovement posted:

The Blues defense was really poor tonight, it felt like very little pressure whenever the Tigers went forward.

It happens when your AA defender is out for the season with an ACL. But even so, Liam Jones wasn't upto scratch tonight, hopefully he'll be ready over the next few weeks. Also Weitering was pretty poor tonight as well, not sure why but he just wans't in it.

But Kade Simpson had a stellar game, apart from giving away a 50m penalty he ended up with one disposal less than Cripps, although that also means the ball is in richmonds 50 a lot of the time, but he did push up the ground a lot too. Can't wait for his 300th game and I hope he plays next season.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Quantum Shart posted:

Carlton banner in the cheer squad "not as sweet as 16" :smugdog:

Can reuse it against Essendon too

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

Maybe they should have actually argued a case at the initial hearing instead of appealing to feels about Bob. This is a mess entirely of the dogs own making.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Solemn Sloth posted:

Maybe they should have actually argued a case at the initial hearing instead of appealing to feels about Bob. This is a mess entirely of the dogs own making.

They butchered the initial appeal but this is absolutely a mess of the AFL’s making

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If the bulldogs succeed in getting an injunction for Brennan it basically means even the vague threat of suspension in a prelim disappears

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well, for minor infractions it already has, hasn't it? Nobody would miss the AFL grand final over that tackle.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
This is why I prefer this place as pretty much the only place I talk footy online. Everywhere I look people are taking the piss out of Brennan and women in general for this.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

This is why I prefer this place as pretty much the only place I talk footy online. Everywhere I look people are taking the piss out of Brennan and women in general for this.

I still think no one with public visibility is making anywhere near enough of a stink about “we don’t pay them enough to fine them” well PAY THEM MORE YOU FUCKOS

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Solemn Sloth posted:

I still think no one with public visibility is making anywhere near enough of a stink about “we don’t pay them enough to fine them” well PAY THEM MORE YOU FUCKOS

Fining footballers is also bullshit though.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

spamman posted:

Fining footballers is also bullshit though.

Dunno, I think damage to the hip pocket gets the point across a bit better than weeks off the field.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Here's my hot take on the Brennan thing: the bulldogs suck, so gently caress em

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Here's my hot take on the Brennan thing: the bulldogs suck, so gently caress em

This is my prevailing thought on it too

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Solemn Sloth posted:

Tuned into sen for 15 mins this arvo because the abc was promoting some religious thing, andy maher said the situation is odd but can see the point of their argument being a form of discrimination, why not pay the women more so they too can be fined; when required, instead of missing games which is a huge penalty in the aflw with a 1 week ban being equal to a 3 week ban for the men.

But yeah lol at the dogs bringing in new evidence in the appeal and not in the main mrp hearing.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Solemn Sloth posted:

One guy I saw post this on a Facebook article this morning. He clearly laid out the point in simple language and it made complete sense. First comment called him a cuck flog and...yeah

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yep. Or have the fines scales to reflect the pay differential. Sure the fine may end up being like $5 but:

Solemn Sloth posted:

PAY THEM MORE YOU FUCKOS

I don't really see how the AFL can say it's not discrimination.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

huh, tyson and brayshaw both dropped from the squad at the last moment. wonder what thats about

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

huh, tyson and brayshaw both dropped from the squad at the last moment. wonder what thats about

Tanking

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sam Gibson tweaked his hamstring at training yesterday, and is a late out today, ending his 130 consecutive game streak

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The roof is open at Etihad. Hope you are all ready for a freak weather event that dumps 50ml of rain over Melbourne CBD over the next 4 hours.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Did anyone mention that Paddy Ryder was the victim of a home invasion?

Or that he and his brother scared the 3 guys off, had a car chase with them before the crims crashed and they citizens arrested 1 of them (the other two ran off)?

Pretty good prep for round 1 imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Girlsplayfooty has imploded, or rather, been bad recently with attacking comments and unprofessional behaviors (they are volunteers to be fair)

https://twitter.com/girlsplayfooty/status/977072469411430400?s=21

The excellent radio arm of it is being spun off into its own thing, which should be pretty great for the upcoming VFLW season.

https://twitter.com/GPFRadio/status/977027422791938048