Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I don't have an iPhone, how much of the film do I experience on Android? Is there an App to boost that or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Just go to a fruit store and watch it on one of the display models.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mu Zeta posted:

Soderbergh filmed his new movie entirely on iPhones so I'll definitely watch that one on an iPhone

that dude smoke a lot of weed

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Counterpart is pound for pound the smartest, most interesting, most exciting TV I've seen in years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shageletic posted:

Counterpart is pound for pound the smartest, most interesting, most exciting TV I've seen in years.

People were ragging on it around episode 5 for being slow but holy poo poo has it been moving faster and faster. Ep 9 was insane.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lleTz_DQTh4
Hell yeah. I'm kind of glad they aren't going with a direct sequel, which probably would have been terrible and instead are just telling stories in a similar vein with Haruko.

Is the original series out there on the internet for free? I remember hearing about the series but never got around to it.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

I just got a 55 inch TV and I really don't know how people go bigger than this because it is freaking huge.
I was at Sam's Club today and the 55" TVs looked small, which is disappointing since I plan to get the new TCL 6 series. 65" seemed like the minimum acceptable size, but that's gonna be more than I want to spend.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I forgot to make a thread for Krypton but it's not horrible. Also Georgina Campbell has a major role and I've loved her since Tripped.

"Planet Detroit"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I, too, am from Planet Detroit!

I enjoyed the first episode. Got a lot of MoS Krypton architecture meets Tron Legacy meets Coruscant by way of Defiance from it. Is it’s CG budget as big as, say, The Expanse? No. But still very good CG. And that John Williams score sample!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Santa Clarita Diet is back tomorrow.

Drew Barrymore can eat my face any old time.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Shageletic posted:

I agree. Very early contender for show of the year.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCwwxNbtK6Y

Put em in a body bag yeaaaahhhh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Terry Gilliam went and victim blamed the women harassed by Weinstein. Is there anyone left in Hollywood who it's OK to like?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

Terry Gilliam went and victim blamed the women harassed by Weinstein. Is there anyone left in Hollywood who it's OK to like?

Neil Patrick Harris is still safe right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IRQ posted:

Neil Patrick Harris is still safe right?

He's pretending to be gay, and a terrible friend.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rarity posted:

Donald Glover, I think. If someone had an accusation about him they probably would have come forward by this point.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rhyno posted:

People were ragging on it around episode 5 for being slow but holy poo poo has it been moving faster and faster. Ep 9 was insane.

You mean when our Howard was with their Emily?

That's my favorite poo poo! The interplay of personalities and how small decisions can completely change a person. It's a brilliant take on the other world scenario. By making the division between worlds happen only a few decades ago you have really meaty takes on change and moral decisions affecting a person's life.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

To be a good and non broken person in Hollywood I guess you gotta be young enough to be not be part of the molesting old guard, but old enough to not be molested by the old guard. Probably leaves about 8 people.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

How the hell is Krypton a thing. We're living in the most embarrassing age of television.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Rarity posted:

Kyle Chandler, so far

I’M JUST SAYING

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DivisionPost posted:

Kyle Chandler, so far

I’M JUST SAYING

Has Chris Hardwick Benn exposed as a sex monster?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

IRQ posted:

Has Chris Hardwick Benn exposed as a sex monster?

He got sober like fifteen years ago, long before he was even remotely famous, so it would be buried pretty deep in his past.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I heard about this and rolled my eyes, but after watching the trailer, it actually looks... good? What the gently caress?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MiddleOne posted:

How the hell is Krypton a thing. We're living in the most embarrassing age of television.

Timeline B sure is looking appealing right now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/EricThurm/status/976822960555216897

:confuoot:

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

Rarity posted:

Please God do not let Mike Schur be some sex monster.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmao

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Everything I ever read, see, or hear about Riverdale is this weird dance of one step towards "that's weird, maybe I should check it out" and one step back from "what the hell, that's weird, I need to stay away."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LoL, that's amazing.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

STAC Goat posted:

Everything I ever read, see, or hear about Riverdale is this weird dance of one step towards "that's weird, maybe I should check it out" and one step back from "what the hell, that's weird, I need to stay away."

It's ridiculous and a good time.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I have to admit, Rivervale sounds like the kind of Dumb I really need to start watching.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm actually watching it right now.

Also lmao at that terrible tweet I love takes that bad.

e: the first season has a couple clunkers, but by the end has mostly embraced the 'throw poo poo at the wall and see which is the craziest thing that will stick' tone of the show and it's been mostly burning through increasingly ridiculous plot points since.

e2: i have no doubt when this show crashes it will crash terribly, but I feel like they can get a lot more out of this before it does. plus that netflix sabrina show is happening and I expect it to be twice as ridiculous and lovely

e3: the show's biggest crime is after season 1 they stopped showing madchen amick serving or making pie in every other scene she appears in tbh ... also bughead is the literal worst and jughead in general is awful in s1, though even i can admit he's better in s2 lately

esperterra fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 22, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Riverdale just straight up doesn't sound like the kind of stupid I enjoy. But the fact that Archie is alt right and Jughead is a biker and they're opposing the conglomeration of the alt right, the private prison system, and a mobster who wants to become a capitalist is so "WTF?!" its gonna stick in my head next time I open up Netflix looking for what to watch.

I'll probably check out that Sabrina thing though because horror and binging. And what I read of Afterlife was pretty good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
my favorite part of that article is that it intimates that a gay high school student should just use Grindr

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Archie is not actually in the alt right.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

precision posted:

my favorite part of that article is that it intimates that a gay high school student should just use Grindr

Well the alternative is apparently cruising the woods where serial killers lurk.

Based on that article I assume next season the serial killer and the gay teen will meet on Craig's List.

Rhyno posted:

Archie is not actually in the alt right.

I choose to believe otherwise. All things even the writer's take sounds more interesting and I'm not sure how to make sense of it without it.

Like, I know jack poo poo about what's ACTUALLY happening on Riverdale. Every piece of second hand info I get makes zero sense so I've decided to just believe all of it until I inevitably fire it up on Netflix out of morbid curiosity.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 22, 2018

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, Archie was always one of those shows I probably was never going to get to but I’m at least intrigued to try a few episodes now.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

STAC Goat posted:

Riverdale just straight up doesn't sound like the kind of stupid I enjoy. But the fact that Archie is alt right and Jughead is a biker and they're opposing the conglomeration of the alt right, the private prison system, and a mobster who wants to become a capitalist is so "WTF?!" its gonna stick in my head next time I open up Netflix looking for what to watch.

I'll probably check out that Sabrina thing though because horror and binging. And what I read of Afterlife was pretty good.

Archie isn't alt right lmao he's just joined Hiram Lodge's mafia b/c he loves Veronica sooooo much.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Every time you guys correct the insane takes on Riverdale you just make it sound less interesting. Its actually funny because its always the critics of Riverdale that make me interested to watch and the fans who convince me not to.

Its either a generic soap opera or a batshit crazy mess. That's the dance I referred to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's a CW show so it's likely to be terrible IMO. At this point, you'll know whether CW shows are for you or not.