Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
What does improving weapon condition do? It doesn't seem to change the damage numbers or wealth much, or at all with the former.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also I'd love if the rep system were more nuanced. It's weird having people I've never met go "AAAAH Henry's come to see us", it's weird for people I do know to be like "woah to what do I deserve the honour sir knight", etc
Yeah I think should be more or less ambivalent to me unless I something notable or positive to the respective community. I'm also a little uncomfortable with the knight response but maybe thats bc Im a real life pauper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So I was 'scouting' and well they sort of fell on my arrows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAcekINpDnE

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

that at least makes a little more sense, if it was solely a matter of infidelity that would be the dumbest poo poo ever

It is made very clear in the game that Yennefer is furious about Geralt's affair with Triss, and that Triss is bitter about Geralt choosing to find Yennefer after recvering his memories.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Ok, I kinda feel like the guide is getting close to a "final", at least for now. Main remaining gap is detailed quest tips.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1305878776

Anything else I'm missing that should be added? Details I need to fill in?

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Ok, I kinda feel like the guide is getting close to a "final", at least for now. Main remaining gap is detailed quest tips.

Maybe that in addition to the main quest line, there are a few side quests that have time limits for the most optimal endings. It's been a bit since I played but if I remember a couple times where some characters in distress would straight up die if you didn't help them after a long while.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

guns for tits posted:

Maybe that in addition to the main quest line, there are a few side quests that have time limits for the most optimal endings. It's been a bit since I played but if I remember a couple times where some characters in distress would straight up die if you didn't help them after a long while.

Yeah that's a good call. Which side quests are on timers? Hands of God, waldensians, ?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also I'd love if the rep system were more nuanced. It's weird having people I've never met go "AAAAH Henry's come to see us", it's weird for people I do know to be like "woah to what do I deserve the honour sir knight", etc

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

ded posted:

So I was 'scouting' and well they sort of fell on my arrows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAcekINpDnE

Holy poo poo the bow-cursor hack is definitely cheating: you would never be able to do those :sicknasty: noscopes without that dot. I now have absolute zero sympathy for people who say the bow is OP if that is on... :colbert:

:perfect:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Holy poo poo the bow-cursor hack is definitely cheating: you would never be able to do those :sicknasty: noscopes without that dot. I now have absolute zero sympathy for people who say the bow is OP if that is on... :colbert:

Once your bow skill gets high you get a "zoom in" effect and you sight more closely down the arrow and functionally it's pretty easy even without the cursor.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

ahahaha this is amazing

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

its a crime if this doesnt get added to the OP

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

buglord posted:

its a crime if this doesnt get added to the OP

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

One thing you might want to talk about is the fact that you don't absolutely need to layer everything on all the time. The game doses a pretty good job of letting you know what kind of situation you're going to be in, so just wearing normal clothes + breastplate + helmet is lightweight (so you can move more quickly) and enough protection for the surprise encounters the game throws at you. You can layer on more armor when you're hunting bandits or going into battle.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

:perfect:

Dude archery is easy even without it. Stop saying this like it's this grand Ownage of the critics.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I'm running the dot for archery because it is legit frustrating and not fun early on to try and shoot rabbits and poo poo without it.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

corn in the bible posted:

Dude archery is easy even without it. Stop saying this like it's this grand Ownage of the critics.

:nallears:

NovemberMike posted:

One thing you might want to talk about is the fact that you don't absolutely need to layer everything on all the time. The game doses a pretty good job of letting you know what kind of situation you're going to be in, so just wearing normal clothes + breastplate + helmet is lightweight (so you can move more quickly) and enough protection for the surprise encounters the game throws at you. You can layer on more armor when you're hunting bandits or going into battle.

This is a really good idea since that mid-game plate armor really slows you down. :sweatdrop:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

This is a really good idea since that mid-game plate armor really slows you down. :sweatdrop:

Yeah are people clanking around in full armour the whole time? I go lighter if I'm visiting town or riding around. As a bonus, it gives more incentive to try out different styles of dressup. I also like to keep two Skalitz Waffenfrocks and a red/yellow hood to swap out depending on how fancy I need to look, cuz I'm a nerd, plus a black/yellow hood for the parts where Henry claims to be repping Hanush.

Anyone else get the bug where halberds just accumulate in front of gates? It seems like the guards just drop them there or something.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah are people clanking around in full armour the whole time? I go lighter if I'm visiting town or riding around. As a bonus, it gives more incentive to try out different styles of dressup. I also like to keep two Skalitz Waffenfrocks and a red/yellow hood to swap out depending on how fancy I need to look, cuz I'm a nerd, plus a black/yellow hood for the parts where Henry claims to be repping Hanush.

Anyone else get the bug where halberds just accumulate in front of gates? It seems like the guards just drop them there or something.

Little known fact, in 1405 Rattay was the central hub of halberd manufacturing for the entire Holy Roman Empire

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Little known fact, in 1405 Rattay was the central hub of halberd manufacturing for the entire Holy Roman Empire

New mod in the Kingdom come Nexus: Something terrible has happened to the underground halberd factory in Rattay, and Henry must enter its mysterious depths to discover the problem.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Henry isn't saying he feels quite hungry voted one

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Eifert Posting posted:

Henry isn't saying he feels quite hungry voted one

I never once heard him say that though. Food is everywhere and I had more trouble staying under 100 nourishment than over 50

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Ok I just did baptism of fire and it is a drat flying shame you don't get the option to loot Runt. I wanted to claim his black armour as a trophy.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Ok I just did baptism of fire and it is a drat flying shame you don't get the option to loot Runt. I wanted to claim his black armour as a trophy.

I've read that it's possible to return there but I haven't tested it.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
God loving drat another mega bug just after the patch fixed the last one. Just after you get back to Rattay after being captured infiltrating the bandit camp near Sasau I get a infinite hang on the load screen after the first cutscene with radzig and hanush. I still get mission prompts from the monastery so a brief Google suggests this might be the problem?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I've read that it's possible to return there but I haven't tested it.

It is. The other bodies are all gone but Runt's is still there

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yes. And do not pick them up.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Wafflecopper posted:

It is. The other bodies are all gone but Runt's is still there

Yeah, I just went and tested. You use your horse to glitch through the back wall and you can get to him.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/929304701416354404/8AC78A754267808F9E7FB9997F3B334D84C3A4C4/

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Ok so I failed one of the missions and now I have to either bang a chicken, pig, or horse.

e: ok why the hell am i lockpicking a horse's rear end? is this a metaphor or something or is the game broken

buglord fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 23, 2018

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

buglord posted:

Ok so I failed one of the missions and now I have to either bang a chicken, pig, or horse.

e: ok why the hell am i lockpicking a horse's rear end? is this a metaphor or something or is the game broken

you make that horse happy mister

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
So anyone notice with the new patch that you get dirty super quickly. I can barely walk around a town for ten minutes before everyone is concerned as to if Ive just been robbed or beaten. I take a bath and launder my clothes at 8am and by 10am in game Im covered in filth

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Gaj posted:

So anyone notice with the new patch that you get dirty super quickly. I can barely walk around a town for ten minutes before everyone is concerned as to if Ive just been robbed or beaten. I take a bath and launder my clothes at 8am and by 10am in game Im covered in filth

Don't walk through poo poo. Seriously, there are poo poo piles in the street and walking through them (or mud, I think) makes you dirtier.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm kind of surprised there's no mechanic to pull up your hood/put on a cloak, complete with armour degredation if you don't do so in the rain.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

buglord posted:

You didn’t fail, and you’re having sexual with the women as you pretend to be Lucifer while tripping on drugs. I just finished this quest myself, it’s pretty goofy.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Can anyone verify if perks that buff stats can take you over 20 in the stat or not?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Yeah, I just went and tested. You use your horse to glitch through the back wall and you can get to him.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/929304701416354404/8AC78A754267808F9E7FB9997F3B334D84C3A4C4/

Huh? Unless the patch changed something you can just rock up, no need for glitching

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

buglord posted:

This is unironically working as intended. Your journal also reads 'I, Lucifer, am come to Earth to carnally consort with human women!'

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Wafflecopper posted:

Huh? Unless the patch changed something you can just rock up, no need for glitching

I went back once after the fight after 1.3x and didn't see a way to the Runtbuilding, the gate was closed and unoperable. Dunno then, I didn't nose through every corner and pixel though.

Saxon composite chausses is the only piece of Runts outfit I found to be pretty hard to find normally. I did eventually come across one but can't remember where it's from. And it clips with most boots.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Huh, maybe my gates glitched and stayed open then. I just went in through the gates you batter through during the battle, they were wide open when I went back in two separate (pre-patch) games

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Don't walk through poo poo. Seriously, there are poo poo piles in the street and walking through them (or mud, I think) makes you dirtier.

It's still incredibly quick sometimes. Like, you can launder your stuff in the Rattay baths, take a walk from there to the other end of Rattay, and already have your stuff start to look dirtied again (bascinets seem particularly susceptible to this). The only way that makes sense is if Henry's primary mode of locomotion is somersaulting. Or maybe people are emptying their chamber pots on his head whenever he passes by and he's just doesn't notice. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The bascinets are what got me to install a mod that reduces equipment dirtying. It just bugged me that my helmet looked like I went through a battle after a casual stroll along a nice road.