Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
He’s right. Humanz sucks. I like Saturnz Barz and Ascension though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Reinanigans posted:

He’s right. Humanz sucks. I like Saturnz Barz and Ascension though.

lmao you dumbasses couldnt be more wrong. every track is extremely good

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
guy who listened to prereleased rap tracks a thousand times but only listened through the album once: i like the singles but the rest sucks

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Out of Body is the best song in Humanz and it’s not even a close contest.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Out of Body is the best song in Humanz and it’s not even a close contest.

its an extremely close contest between out of body, and every other song on the album

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
actually i dont like let me out that much. its pretty much the only track ill skip because pusha sounds so half assed at the beginning

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I listened all the way through (bonus tracks too) like ten times but ok? :confused:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Momentz, Submission, Charger is one of my favourite runs of songs on a Gorillaz release

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Reinanigans posted:

I listened all the way through (bonus tracks too) like ten times but ok? :confused:

good work man i was trying to cover for you but now everyone knows you have bad taste

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Nah, Damon just put out a poo poo album. It’s okay, they can’t all be Plastic Beach. :)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Reinanigans posted:

Nah, Damon just put out a poo poo album. It’s okay, they can’t all be Plastic Beach. :)

its just as good as plastic beach!!!!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Reinanigans posted:

Not even their 2nd best album.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

"Oh snap, 15 new posts, must be new album news!"

Reinanigans posted:

poo poo album.

Humanz is good but I skip far more tracks than I do on any of their others. Nothing I outright hate though.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Steve2911 posted:

"Oh snap, 15 new posts, must be new album news!"

Humanz is good but I skip far more tracks than I do on any of their others. Nothing I outright hate though.

Just couldn’t get into it, hard as I tried. I will say Momentz and Charger are pretty cool too. I missed Damon’s voice on the album a lot.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The only two tracks I’m really critical of are Carnival and Sex Murder Party... and I remember the latter still turning out pretty decently when I saw them live last year.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
I liked humanz but would probably say it's my least favourite out of all them so far, but then again one always had to be the least favourite.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ebola Dog posted:

I liked humanz but would probably say it's my least favourite out of all them so far, but then again one always had to be the least favourite.

Yeah but that one should be The Fall.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Steve2911 posted:

I don't really count the fall as a proper album.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the fall is like a 2D solo album

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The only track off of Humanz that doesn't do anything for me is Sex Murder Party. My favorite track was Ticker Tape

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Not even their 2nd best album.

Agreed, and I really like Plastic Beach

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Steve2911 posted:

Plastic Beach is my least favorite, but only because I don't count The Fall

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dangerous Person posted:

The only track off of Humanz that doesn't do anything for me is Sex Murder Party. My favorite track was Ticker Tape

ticker tape is such a beautiful song

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

scary ghost dog posted:

ticker tape is such a beautiful song

It makes for a great closer and I think it's weird that it's not on the standard album

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
A lot of the bonus tracks are among the best songs. I'm guessing it wasn't an artist decision to cut them off of the regular release, probably the studio.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is there any legit way to get those bonus tracks without having to buy a $300 vinyl set or whatever?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

IUG posted:

Is there any legit way to get those bonus tracks without having to buy a $300 vinyl set or whatever?

Which bonus tracks are you talking about - the 6 "regular" bonus tracks or the other 14?

God drat it sucks when there are so many versions.

edit: like, the super deluxe vinyl includes an extra 14 songs but then doesn't have stuff like the Apprentice or Ticker Tape which are on the deluxe digital version :wtf:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
They may release... H-Sides? in the future.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The ultra mega deluxe tracks aren't really anything worth seeking out, aside from Garage Palace which got a single release anyway.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
the super deluxe tracks have some pretty good gems on their. lots of unfinished little demos and then a couple great tracks, so it's worth listening to I'd say

also Humanz is the best Gorillaz album and Plastic Beach is the worst.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
you people are out of your drat minds if you think Humanz is the best gorillaz album

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

you people are out of your drat minds if you think Humanz is the best gorillaz album

it literally gets better every time i listen to it

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Nothing will ever top Demon Days for me but I do like Humanz a lot

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Humanz is probably the best album Damon's ever put together as an artist, even if it might not be song-for-song his best work

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

hughesta posted:

Humanz is probably the best album Damon's ever put together as an artist, even if it might not be song-for-song his best work

I don’t think Humanz would even be in the top 10 albums he’s done.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

hughesta posted:

its close to think tank for me

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Think Tank, 13, Demon Days, and The Good The Bad The Queen probably round out the top five

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Seems like a new album is coming out June 29th. Called The Now Now it’s just being teased for right now (now).

http://thenownow.tv/

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Skeezy posted:

Seems like a new album is coming out June 29th. Called The Now Now it’s just being teased for right now (now).

http://thenownow.tv/

confirmed today

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1001280261819195394?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Two new songs apparently got leaked early by a media outlet, one called Humility and the other called Lake Zurich.

I didn't hear them, but Gorillaz reddit is discussing them. Humility is apprently reminiscent of Ghost Ship from the Magic Whip.

There's a Gorillaz fan discord easily findable on the Reddit page where the tracks are being shared if you're into that.