Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

From the synopsis of the season finale

quote:

The Legends plan to vanquish Mallus by using the totems doesn’t go as planned,
I'd spoiler that but, is it really a spoiler that the Legends gently caress things up?

Also, the title of the finale? The Good, the Bad, the Cuddly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Mallus' final form is gonna be one where he (based on above spoiler) possesses a Beebo

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Argue posted:

Mallus' final form is gonna be one where he (based on above spoiler) possesses a Beebo takes the form of whatever the Legends think of, so Ray thinks of the most harmless, innocuous thing he can, and Mallus appears as a giant, world-destroying Beebo.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Oh my god please this :pray:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Yes please. It has to be this.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I would literally die.

Possibly related: Who's dick do I have to suck to get a pair of Beebo socks?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

howe_sam posted:

From the synopsis of the season finale

I'd spoiler that but, is it really a spoiler that the Legends gently caress things up?

Also, the title of the finale? The Good, the Bad, the Cuddly.

What do you want to bet that mollusc was born of Constantine's curse on Beebo?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Ahaha, hold on, before we even look at the season finale's title, check out the title of the penultimate episode; it's literally "Guest Starring John Noble"

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Argue posted:

Ahaha, hold on, before we even look at the season finale's title, check out the title of the penultimate episode; it's literally "Guest Starring John Noble"

He's been the voice of Mallus this season, so I choose to believe that it's actually Dr. Walter Bishop and he's just dropped a ton of LSD.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Argue posted:

Holy gently caress, this show is slowly turning into Saints Row, and I love it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Argue posted:

And yes that title really is literal John Noble is guest starring as himself.

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

I hope this show never ends. :allears:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Mortanis posted:

Yeah, on his own show they started out with him doing stuff like putting one as a scene started and the like, but by about halfway through he was lighting them on holy candles inside a church. Maybe by then they knew cancelation was coming but something changed and they let it be super overt and it was glorious.

As far as I understand it lighting up and stubbing out a cigarette are border issues, and in all cases need to be negotiated with the network, but the real issue was inhaling.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Patrovsky posted:

I hope this show never ends. :allears:

I feel like this show has way more freedom that the other Arrowverse shows and it super pays off.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Argue posted:

Whoever wrote "Return of the Mack" was like "I just made the most meta episode title ever" and then that guy was all "hold my beer".

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Return of the Mack was such a good song to base an episode around. Now if Flash could get in on the crazy train we’d be set.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Man I'm having trouble deciding on a single favorite episode.
The Dread Pirate Jiwe episode was great, but the Time Loop episode was great too, and that does a disservice to any of the Darhk-heavy episodes...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

"The Legends' attempt to _______ but it doesn't go as planned. Meanwhile, Ray and Mick try to make a souffle, to disasterous consequences."

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Well, the truth of Ava is already pretty sufficiently hilarious and weird.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh Nate, you loveable dumbass

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Damien just watching this and basking in the petty drama rather than caring about the intended betrayal is wonderful.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
"More human than human" on the billboard was a nice touch.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh my god this is amazing. Aaahahahahahaha.

Lets just make this a safe space.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I love the little continuity running jokes this season, like upswipes and Beebo

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Damien with the fake torture.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Damien's crisis of faith is amazing. Right up to and including the fake torture and coaching better screams of agony out of Nate.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wait, that trailer for next week, was that Grodd attacking young Barak Obama?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Wait, that trailer for next week, was that Grodd attacking young Barak Obama?

Of course it was.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, when Nora sucked the lightning out of Wally I got super worried for a second that they were gonna nerf his powers.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Man, when Nora sucked the lightning out of Wally I got super worried for a second that they were gonna nerf his powers.

Same here. But then I remembered that this isn't Flash and this show actually respects Wally. I'm legit sad about Kuasa though. I have the BluRay of the first two seasons of Vixen, but I haven't watched it yet so I don't know what she was like there, but she turned out to be a pretty good character this year on Legends.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
So, wait, which Earth's Barack Obama will it be? Because we've established he isn't the President on Earth 1 or Supergirl's Earth.

Maybe BL's Earth, since they mentioned him being President on that one?

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

ApeHawk posted:

So, wait, which Earth's Barack Obama will it be? Because we've established he isn't the President on Earth 1 or Supergirl's Earth.

The otherwise very tightly knit MCU flip flopped on whether Obama was president or if it was a fictional one, this universe with much looser continuity and rules can do the same

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ApeHawk posted:

Sara straight up says the word "Obamacare," so I'm guessing that Obama was still president on Earth-1, served his full two terms, and then was succeeded by the dude who got ganked during Invasion! and in turn succeeded by his female VP.

The correct answer though is: Don't worry about it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, guys. I think the answer is "a time traveling group of super heroed idiots are rescuing Barack Obama from a telepathic gorilla and you're worried about what the exact Presidential lineage is?"

He served one term. He got succeeded by someone else. He beat Bush in 2004. He's gonna win in 2020. He was actually the Speaker of the House when the Dominators showed up and there's another tragedy coming. Its an anachronism. Forget about it.

I was kind of hoping we'd finally get Megalyn Echikunwoke there, even though I knew we wouldn't because that would have gotten spoilered by now.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Mar 27, 2018

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, guys. I think the answer is "a time traveling group of super heroed idiots are rescuing Barack Obama from a telepathic gorilla and you're worried about what the exact Presidential lineage is?"

He served one term. He got succeeded by someone else. He beat Bush in 2004. He's gonna win in 2020. He was actually the Speaker of the House when the Dominators showed up and there's another tragedy coming. Its an anachronism. Forget about it.

I was kind of hoping we'd finally get Megalyn Echikunwoke there, even though I knew we wouldn't because that would have gotten spoilered by now.

Why exactly is Megalyn unable to appear? I didn't know she was in anything big, and she's not averse to the role since she apparently returned to voice Mari in The Ray.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I love that Mick's reaction to having the fire totem is to just use it to barbecue delicious foods constantly.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Good Lord, it’s been nearly 20 years since the Lord of the Rings movies, and the man still looks the same as he did on set the first time. That’s uncanny...

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
This show is getting campier by the minute. I fully expect them to have Adam West Batman style "Pow!", "BAM!", "ZOK" cut ins during fight scenes any episode now.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Tarquinn posted:

This show is getting campier by the minute. I fully expect them to have Adam West Batman style "Pow!", "BAM!", "ZOK" cut ins during fit scenes any episode now.

Goddamn, I made this exact same comparison to my roommate last night. It was really noticeable during the fight scene. It would be pretty dope if they jumped to 1966 and ran into a young Adam West Batman.