Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo is that a sasquatch next to Aldi... oh no, it's just the Eyehole Man.

Here I was wondering when George Liquor got into professional wrestling

and, y'know, out of the John K. cartoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SatansOnion posted:

Here I was wondering when George Liquor got into professional wrestling

and, y'know, out of the John K. cartoon

holy poo poo :stare:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

What does a zombie wrestler eat?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Pins, if the match was any indication

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Heard Billy Corgan's coffee/tea shop is closing down and the advances on the Smashing Pumpkins "reunion" tour are so laughably pathetic the whole thing is about to be cancelled. Thank god he has Tim Storm in his pocket to sell tickets and get himself out of debt.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Tokyo Joshi Pro had a match where Veda Scott tried to make their zombie wrestler become a vegan.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Graaaaaains

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

God damnit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DJExile posted:

holy poo poo :stare:

lmao

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Magnus vs not Gunner

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/974767767512539136

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crimson and Gunner were 2 different people. Or am I missing a joke here

E: holy hell Magnus is so loving wooden

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Is there a schedule of who Aldo’s is going to be facing or is he mostly just beating the local guy of the night?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bigass Moth posted:

Is there a schedule of who Aldo’s is going to be facing or is he mostly just beating the local guy of the night?

He'd be a way more interesting champion than Magnus.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I don't know about a schedule, but I'll be seeing him face Matt Cross in NextGen next month.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/pitchfork/status/976872398288052230?s=21

how long until the NWA becomes overt anarcho-capitalist propaganda

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Venomous posted:

It's interesting he says he hasn't voted since he was all about Obama and Biden in 08. He'd dedicate Landslide to Obama and lovingly referenced Biden a few times.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Billy is a mark.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Venomous posted:

The invisible hand of the free market decided, Billy. You’re a money mark who owns a dead brand.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Smashing Pumpkins gonna go old school and tour money mark's basements.

I suspect the NWA will change hands by the end of the year.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I might slap a couple of hamiltons down for it.
Mainly so I can declare myself NWA World Heavyweight Champion for life and carry the 8 pounds of gold with me everywhere until I die.

Or just bury it in the middle of the woods just so I can yell to the internet "It's DONE. It's OVER. NO MORE NWA EVER! We are free from the grip of this corpse that refuses to accept its own death"

And then start a crowdfounding project to buy TNA for the exact same reason.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Mar 23, 2018

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ChrisBTY posted:

I might slap a couple of hamiltons down for it.
Mainly so I can declare myself NWA World Heavyweight Champion for life and carry the 8 pounds of gold with me everywhere until I die.

I'd do the same thing but show up drunk outside Ric Flair's house in my underwear demanding a match

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

coconono posted:

I suspect the NWA will change hands by the end of the year.

tbh it'd be cool if AJPW bought it, seeing as two of its three top titles are NWA titles, so that'd give the Triple Crown a bit more legitimacy or some poo poo like that, idk

plus it means we'd most likely get NWA World Heavyweight Champion Joe Doering so that's a bonus

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'll buy it and put the title on Nick Gage. All defenses will be in back alleys streamed live via shaky cell phone footage

Edit- MDK

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I would respect Nick Gage as a traveling and defending NWA champ. He's a terrifying dude so no one would gently caress with him.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Yeah if Billy wants to imitate the old school territory promotions he should have his champ be a legit scary motherfucker who people won't mess with. Do the job for him and don't gently caress around or he may kill you

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Yeah if Billy wants to imitate the old school territory promotions he should have his champ be a legit scary motherfucker who people won't mess with. Do the job for him and don't gently caress around or he may kill you

Billy terrified of people that do real work so someone like Nick Gage is a fuckin space alien to him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I'd do the same thing but show up drunk outside Ric Flair's house in my underwear demanding a match

Makes a change from Ric showing up outside my house at night and calling me "Fat boy" :smith:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

coconono posted:

I would respect Nick Gage as a traveling and defending NWA champ. He's a terrifying dude so no one would gently caress with him.

I’d lay the smack down on his roody poo candy rear end!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

That post reminds me of something I saw in 'Wrestlers on Social Media" thread.
Some dude was making a post poo poo talking Brock Lesnar and I'm like 'Who the gently caress is crazy enough to poo poo talk Brock Lesnar'
It is Cain Velasquez.
It stunned me to realize that there are people in the world capable of beating the poo poo out of Brock Lesnar.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

That post reminds me of something I saw in 'Wrestlers on Social Media" thread.
Some dude was making a post poo poo talking Brock Lesnar and I'm like 'Who the gently caress is crazy enough to poo poo talk Brock Lesnar'
It is Cain Velasquez.
It stunned me to realize that there are people in the world capable of beating the poo poo out of Brock Lesnar.

marketing works

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The build was well done but did anyone watch the match last night?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHI83wqzdVw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ree7FIGxSK8

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

Was this at House of Hardore? If so, I heard from a friend who at least likes pretty much everything that the show last night was loving awful, in no small part due to Dreamer.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I'm incredibly amused by the t-shirt Tommy's wearing in the second video's thumbnail. Ripping off Bullet Club shirts is what everyone does, so it's not that but the word "soldier" because Bone Soldier sure is someone you want to emulate.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

frankenfreak posted:

I'm incredibly amused by the t-shirt Tommy's wearing in the second video's thumbnail. Ripping off Bullet Club shirts is what everyone does, so it's not that but the word "soldier" because Bone Soldier sure is someone you want to emulate.

It's not even a good ripoff. Lowest possible effort involved in making that thing.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

The whole show is up on HOH's Twitch account. Just watched this match and it wasn't terrible, just boring and very much by the numbers. Also, why is Austin Idol around? Is he a name literally anybody cares about? They couldn't find any other old wrestler to pair with Aldis?

On the plus side, HOH seems to have some of the better production/camera work of most indies so that's nice.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Phenix Rising posted:

On the plus side, HOH seems to have some of the better production/camera work of most indies so that's nice.

I think they use the old ECW video crew like 3PW and Hardcore Homecoming did before them

Tommy started looking really old like 3 years ago when he faced Bobby Roode for the TNA title at a House of Hardcore show

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Phenix Rising posted:

Also, why is Austin Idol around? Is he a name literally anybody cares about? They couldn't find any other old wrestler to pair with Aldis?

tbh I kind of like seeing old guys like him popping in from time to time

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
wasnt Austin Idol a gay gimmick Austin Aries used briefly in TNA

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

wasnt Austin Idol a gay gimmick Austin Aries used briefly in TNA

Nah, Idol is like 70. He had a feud with Lawler back in... i think the AWA days

E: Aires was "Austin Starr" in 2006 in TNA. I don't recall him having a gay gimmick though.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Aron Rex had a gay gimmick in TNA and he used to go by Idol Stevens, maybe that's what you're thinking of.