Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

maybe spoilers till the day after the ep airs is good? just cuz of different timezones etc

i mean generally dont read the thread if u dont wanna be spoiled i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Nihonniboku posted:

Ok, so this is something I've always been a little confused about. If the episode is currently airing, or has aired, we should be able to post without using spoiler tags, right? Most people don't, but then there are a few that do. I know when I can't watch it live, I stay away from the thread. I know earlier I requested that people watching Drag Race Thailand use spoilers, I'm not terribly invested in the idea of spoiler tags with it, but it's currently only airing in one country, so it's a little hard for the rest of us to catch up.

If the majority of people think we should use spoiler tags for episodes currently airing or have aired, then I'm happy to comply. But they've been applied inconsistently here.

I guess for me it's more of a "first 1-2 days" in case someone couldn't watch the episode live. While people probably won't be coming here without already having watched the episode, I just prefer to be safe than sorry.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Drama in my Untucked?

Thank you, Baby Jesus.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I think we have personalities that are really not scared of being confrontational. There's been more drama in this episode than nearly all of Season 9's untucked's combined. It's sort of amazing.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

jimmydalad posted:

I guess for me it's more of a "first 1-2 days" in case someone couldn't watch the episode live. While people probably won't be coming here without already having watched the episode, I just prefer to be safe than sorry.

That's fair. Can we do like a poll or something? I know that different threads are different. I was dragged to filth in the thread for The Expanse, even though I was making appropriate use of spoiler tags, people were getting angry because the mere presence of spoilers tags from the books made people really angry.

Also, I am really curious to know if Christina is angry that she didn't get the same kind of treatment that Gaga got last season.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 23, 2018

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Man I hope Vixen can start some loving drama she's directly involved in because I'm stanning Miz Cracker hard

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Whalley posted:

Man I hope Vixen can start some loving drama she's directly involved in because I'm stanning Miz Cracker hard

Yeah, it was funny given how much Aquaria talking about how Miz Cracker was stealing her looks, when in the end, Cracker's look was above and beyond Aquaria's. They do definitely look alike.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

Also, I am really curious to know if Christina is angry that she didn't get the same kind of treatment that Gaga got last season.

at least she didn't get Kudrow'd

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
So ready for the Pacific time zone premiere. :getin:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Ok, I know I said it was merely good last post but I take it back. That first episode was a return to force and had everything I wanted and more. Awesome mini-challenge, great design first challenge and a great lip sync. Nearly all the girls this season are big, fun or interesting personalities and I can’t wait to see how this shakes out.

Apart from Alyssa being back, which is amazing, I think we’re gonna get another mini challenge since all the girls seemed to be in quick cowgirl drag which has me gooped. This season seems to be starting strong and I hope this keeps up.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Miz Cracker turned it out. she should have won that maxi challenge.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Ok, so I'm a bit confused. Are the eps going to be 60 min + 30 min of untucked? Or are all the eps going to be 90 min + 30 untucked?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

alf_pogs posted:

i mean generally dont read the thread if u dont wanna be spoiled i guess
This.

RPDR Spoiler should used for episodes that leak prior to the VH1 airdate and any inferred results that surface via social media etc.

Vanjy was a wonderful narrator to have around but how do you show up with that kool-aid man silhouette on the 10th season and expect to be anywhere but the bottom?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Holy poo poo this first episode was so good. The perfect mix of artistry and drama.

I have so many thoughts:
- Untucked was goddamn amazing. The Vixen stanning for Aquaria while Monique Heart boggled vacantly at these shenanigans was the best
- Speaking of which...the Vixen was safe? At least Vanessa had a coherent multi-piece look.
- drat Kalorie really turned it out and earned her spot. Vanessa was a real sweetie, though, I really felt for her and hope she Shangelas her way back into next season.
- Unexpectedly loving Mayhem Miller. She's just clearly so charismatic and skilled.
- Christina showing up and so clearly being a huge Drag Race fan (or at least being willing to play along) is just fabulous.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I want Kalorie Karbdashian-Williams off the show just so I don't have to look at that name ever again.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
When’s untucked going up on the website? We caught the 7p airing on the west coast and there was just a movie after the ep, no untucked

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Oh noooo. I immediately fell in love with Vanessa, now I'm sad. I also really like Kalorie, so I wouldn't have been happy either way I guess.

Miz Cracker really surprised me. She's definitely one to watch. I think Mayhem's outfit was a bit better, so I'm not fussed that she didn't win that challenge.

Also this Miz Cracker/Aquaria rivalry thing is going to be....weird. I don't even know what to say, other than it felt really one-sided.

I love that everyone is horny for Kameron.

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005

zelah posted:

When’s untucked going up on the website? We caught the 7p airing on the west coast and there was just a movie after the ep, no untucked

It's on Youtube.

Blair St. Clair lookin' like a ventriloquist dummy out of drag. Yuhua looks fishier out of drag? Michelle Visage is a drag.

Good runway banter tonight, Miz Cracker, Mr Cheez-it my favorite line. Carson with another loving epic reaction to Kalorie's twerking... my body is ready for the gif.

Boo to the elimination. Vanessa gave great (talking) head.

Untucked had way too much of that whooping scream laugh, good god girls get a grip. lmao at Christina "what's up guys?!" Aguilera.

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

I'm completely bummed out about the elimination, but all of the new cast members seem so charming! most of them slayed the runway challenge.

Aquaria is not going to come out looking good this season. She's a little too obnoxious to win the viewers over, IMO.

Wax Lion
Aug 24, 2009

Kalorie is so boring and her twerking sucked and I think I saw a drop of sweat come off her taint while she was doing it? It grossed me out. I don't care if Vanessa had pulled a Valentina for that lipsync they should have pulled the pag and let her stay anyway. She was immediately my favorite for her talking heads.

I didn't expect to like Miz Cracker but she made up for that dumb "I'm skinny, white and salty" line pretty quickly!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Nihonniboku posted:

Yeah, it was funny given how much Aquaria talking about how Miz Cracker was stealing her looks, when in the end, Cracker's look was above and beyond Aquaria's. They do definitely look alike.

yeah, aquaria's like 21 where does she get off accusing people of theft? cracker did it better.

i'm glad Kalorie stayed. i like her, her dance moves were great, and the plus sized girls always go home too early (darrien is an outlier). big girls represent.

i lol'd when monet got called out as a flintstone because i said the exact same thing to my wife the moment she came out on the runway.

also the 7-year-old from indianapolis is a dark horse, don't sleep on her.

overall, this is gonna be a good season. all the queens are likable (though aquaria's weird thing against cracker isn't cute) and i don't think there were any *bad* looks, just ones that were a bit ~weaker~. i hope eureka can overcome her dance fears, cuz it really showed in the mini challenge and i don't want her to go home feeling like she didn't give it all.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I’m sad Vanessa is gone because she kind of reminds me of a less ugly Rodney Dangerfield as a boy and that’s a good thing

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Wax Lion posted:

Kalorie is so boring and her twerking sucked and I think I saw a drop of sweat come off her taint while she was doing it? It grossed me out
Kalorie's "twerking" disgusts me.

Its some immobile trash wiggle that wouldn't have been technically proficient enough to make it onto a Wreckx-N-Effect music video from 1992.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

guys this sucks

I like everyone too much already and I'll be sad when they go home.

Except maybe Aquaria, just because she seems pretty far up her own rear end and the one-sided "feud" with Cracker is already dumb.

I may be a bad person because I laughed every time someone went :catstare: at Cracker's name.

Kuhua looking very like but sounding very unlike Bianca is kinda freaking me out

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

shadow puppet of a posted:

Kalorie's "twerking" disgusts me.

Its some immobile trash wiggle that wouldn't have been technically proficient enough to make it onto a Wreckx-N-Effect music video from 1992.

:staredog:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
That might be the best first lip sync of the series. I was not expecting Kalorie (whose name I loving love) to turn it out. No shade, but she looked like she had "first out" written all over her.

Honestly, this cast is dripping with personality and style, and I will be sad every week to see someone go. Several queens I was meh on won me over with their MtQ videos, while the rest did in this episode.

Every time Monique, Vanessa, or Yuhua open their mouths, I can't help but smile.

That said:

jimmydalad posted:

Monique Heart not being Top in this challenge is a hate crime.

Also, I'm extremely happy the elimination order spoilers I read are already wrong as gently caress.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

God that whole episode breathed new life into this aging production. I loved it so much. Everything was fun and fierce as gently caress. Like someone said no one had a bad look, just not as strong as the winner. I'm happy Mayhem won, she's from my neck of the woods. Inland Empire for life!

I stay far far away from this thread until I can watch the episode so I don't care about spoiler tags. But I'll play along until after tomorrow.

Also, Untucked is not showing up on YouTube and i can't purchase the episode on Amazon. Where can I see it?! Help!

Dear Prudence fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Mar 23, 2018

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Even some of the rougher executions had cute ideas (Vanessa, Monet). Really surprised Monet was safe, since she couldn't even walk down the runway. Her makeup was also a miss for me.

Aghhh, I'm really gonna miss Vanessa and her dockworker having a quinceañera aesthetic.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Aquaria's one sided feud is annoying because Vixen seemed to be bangin the drum hardest in untucked. and Cracker has serious chops so watching them get tall poppy syndrome is gonna be really infuriating!

Monet's look seemed surprisingly bad to me: in the workroom it kept looking amazing but that whole bottom half was a disaster.

god drat great first episode though.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Okay, Untucked is available on VH1 website. Might me US only but here's the link.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

Cafe Barbarian fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Mar 23, 2018

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Savage.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I’d have sworn it would be Kalorie going home first. He just had that Jaymes Mansfield look in his eye. Disappointed but when the lip sync looks like that, what choice do you have

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Vanessa's talking heads sounded like Bianca's Judge Judy impression. I love her.

I think I love everyone this season, but Kalorie looks the least polished so far. If they were still doing it, I'd have pegged her for the Facebook Fan Favorite. You betta (do more than) twerk.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
:perfect: that's some good Drag Race. A full runway does wonders, who knew?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Does Kalorie's face give anyone else thick Farrah Moan?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I don't think there's been a first out who's made such a big impression since Shangela. Here's hoping she jumps out of a cookie box next season.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Toast Museum posted:

Does Kalorie's face give anyone else thick Farrah Moan?

Kind of actually. I could stare at it for days, there's something loving intriguing about it

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

after that swell intro and first mini-challenge, I was really hoping for Ru in the workroom banter. I guess he just doesn’t care enough anymore :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Okay, this is the Drag Race I've been missing. Holy crap that was fun. So much talent on display, and a much more entertaining TV show than any episode of All Stars 3. Honestly for my tastes this seems like the best crop of contenders we've had in several seasons.

Stray poo poo I sorta live-blogged but jumping back and forth:

Aquaria gives me that Valentina-esque "I was born already having won Drag Race, it's just up to you to realize it" sort of arrogance. I'm not sure whether that's endearing or frustrating; I guess that's going to depend on whether or not she can live up to it.

I cannot get enough of Vanessa's voice. I could listen to her read a phone book for hours. Michelle's critique was exactly what I was thinking, though; decent idea and good color but the silhouette was not far from Mr. Peanut.

Drag Blair is :swoon:. Boy Blair seriously looks like he's twelve. Good lord. Really loved the dress.

Ru's body suit was really neat looking, but not necessarily as a piece of clothing. Would have worked better as a piece of ornamentation in an art deco theater or something.

Really loved Asia's eyes. It was a very unusual look, but a lot of fun.

Not a fan fo Dusty's dot thing, but maybe it'll grow on me. Or maybe I'll start out not a fan and grow to really hate it. The outfit was really cool though.

Monet's idea was good, but I wasn't a fan of the execution.

Mayhem's look was fantastic. Creative and well executed.

Eureka looked like a mascot for a cupcake shop, but it sorta worked.

Wasn't a huge fan of Yuhua's dress but it was okay. Really liked her eye though.

Really liked Cracker's runway look. Not even something I would have immediately clocked as being thrown together from dollar store stuff. The lack of any sort of chest contour took away from it a bit, though. I really like her personality too.

Kalorie looked like a pile of leaves. Playing the flashbacks to three other queens doing the same idea so much better really sorta drove home how much this one didn't work. Based on the runway I would much rather have seen more of what Vanessa had to offer than see more of Kalorie, but Kalorie did do a pretty drat good job at the lip sync.

"There are no accidents in fisting"

• Locked thread