Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

The best thing Kennedy ever did was in the WWE game where you get a text message from him that ends with Misterrrrrrrrr Kennedy.

Then when you exit that screen another message notification pops up that just says “Kennedy”.

I miss the old WWE games :( the new games all running on the same old engine doesn't make it any better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Randaconda posted:

Kennedy was just really bad. (Also one of the few people to make Vince's "do not call" list, according to Chico)

Who is Chico, and can you provide more details about this list? I’d love to know who is blacklisted.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Who is Chico, and can you provide more details about this list? I’d love to know who is blacklisted.

Chico is Bryan Alavarez, and I don't know who else is on it. The Macho Man, obviously, before he died.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jacques Rougeau has to be another.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Scott Steiner has memos at security desks not to let him in

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The guy that played Fake Razor Ramon

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Alaois posted:

excuse me

Christ man I don't know fighting games

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Randaconda posted:

Kennedy was just really bad. (Also one of the few people to make Vince's "do not call" list, according to Chico)

Forgetting his proper name is Super Chico, smh

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gaz-L posted:

Forgetting his proper name is Super Chico, smh

I am undone :negative:

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The guy that played Fake Razor Ramon

What happened?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Numero6 posted:

What happened?

I can't remember the specific details, but if I'm thinking of the same guy then I believe the broad strokes are that he was given Vince's number (by Vince?) to call if he ever needed help with something, but the one time he did call Vince was furious at him for doing it and fired him?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

E: never mind, I read badly :downs:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That was it, yeah. He'd gotten Vince's number before and was told something along the lines of "Hey if you ever need anything, feel free to call." Eventually he gets back from a tour and they just stop using him. He eventually calls. "Hey Vince, it's Rick Bognar. Looks like my contract's running up, is there anything you want me to do?" "Never call this number again *click*"

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
There was recently a clip of a huge pop at an Eastern European (Russian?) wrestling show of some guy returning presumably from injury. I thought it was Kevin Owens who tweeted about it, and that tweet was linked here, but no look finding it on Twitter yet. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Did the Macho Man ever voice a muppet? He sounds like he should have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMDZihE-KrA

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

That Which Squeaks posted:

There was recently a clip of a huge pop at an Eastern European (Russian?) wrestling show of some guy returning presumably from injury. I thought it was Kevin Owens who tweeted about it, and that tweet was linked here, but no look finding it on Twitter yet. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

https://twitter.com/wXwGermany/status/973574530152239105

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

Much appreciated.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Maybe it just kinda goes without saying but I'd imagine Nailz would be near the top of this list.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

SimonCat posted:

Did the Macho Man ever voice a muppet? He sounds like he should have.

No muppets, but he voiced "Rasslor" on a memorable episode of Dexter's Laboratory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9KqtPeK6mg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkc9T5CEIyM

Nipponophile fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 24, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ref was totally in the tank for Rasslor and he acts like a babyface at the end, what the gently caress.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Nipponophile posted:

No muppets, but he voiced "Rasslor" on a memorable episode of Dexter's Laboratory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9KqtPeK6mg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkc9T5CEIyM

I was surprised to find out it was like the first or second episode of the show.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Open Marriage Night posted:

I was surprised to find out it was like the first or second episode of the show.

Since TBS and Cartoon Network were owned by Turner, it seemed like Macho Man got on a bunch of cartoons back in the day. Though it might have just been that role and Space Ghost. And then King of the Hill much later but that's besides the point.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Jerusalem posted:

I can't remember the specific details, but if I'm thinking of the same guy then I believe the broad strokes are that he was given Vince's number (by Vince?) to call if he ever needed help with something, but the one time he did call Vince was furious at him for doing it and fired him?

DeathChicken posted:

That was it, yeah. He'd gotten Vince's number before and was told something along the lines of "Hey if you ever need anything, feel free to call." Eventually he gets back from a tour and they just stop using him. He eventually calls. "Hey Vince, it's Rick Bognar. Looks like my contract's running up, is there anything you want me to do?" "Never call this number again *click*"

Hahaha ok, thanks. Good ol' Vince...

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Good Listener posted:

Since TBS and Cartoon Network were owned by Turner, it seemed like Macho Man got on a bunch of cartoons back in the day. Though it might have just been that role and Space Ghost. And then King of the Hill much later but that's besides the point.

Savage did a decent bit of voice work, yeah. Also showed up on the (live action) Weird Al Show where he jobbed to Harvey the Wonder Hamster.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There's also the story of Bret Hart back in the day talking to Boris Zhukov (I think), who was complaining about how little he was being used and even then not well. So Bret told him to man up and go see Vince in his office, lay out his complaints and a course of action to fix them since Vince loves people who are proactive etc. So Boris goes off, comes back a little while later and Bret asks how it went, and Boris says,"He fired me."

On the flip side there's that wonderful story where Jimmy Yang came to visit backstage, bumps into Vince who demands to know where he has been and Jimmy explains he was fired months ago. Vince ponders for a second, asks if he has his gear (he did) and rehires him on the spot because they needed somebody to fill a place in the main event for that night. :allears:

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Who the gently caress hired Raven?!

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Also showed up on the (live action) Weird Al Show where he jobbed to Harvey the Wonder Hamster.

Good story about that from Weird Al:

quote:

We wanted to cast Randy "Macho Man" Savage, so we sent him the script and he goes, "Whoa, yeah, I don't mind wrestling a hamster, but do I have to lose?" "Well, yeah, that's kind of the joke. It's kind of ridiculous that you'd be fighting a hamster in the first place. You would never lose to a hamster in real life. That's what makes it funny.” He thought about it for a long time and the final thing he said was, "Okay, but it's not a girl hamster, is it?"

Source: https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/features/the-weird-al-show-the-complete-oral-history-w501326

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jerusalem posted:

On the flip side there's that wonderful story where Jimmy Yang came to visit backstage, bumps into Vince who demands to know where he has been and Jimmy explains he was fired months ago. Vince ponders for a second, asks if he has his gear (he did) and rehires him on the spot because they needed somebody to fill a place in the main event for that night. :allears:
Always bring your gear...

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Did Kane or Nash ever feud or have a match, in any of their gimmicks? Same with Bognar and Hall.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Did Kane or Nash ever feud or have a match, in any of their gimmicks? Same with Bognar and Hall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai3Ez0kDZgY

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Maxwell Lord posted:

Savage did a decent bit of voice work, yeah. Also showed up on the (live action) Weird Al Show where he jobbed to Harvey the Wonder Hamster.

you're forgetting his appearance on Arliss

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

you're forgetting his appearance on Arliss

In fairness admitting you watched that show is no easy task

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

In fairness admitting you watched that show is no easy task

It was a really funny show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alright that gimmick has run its course.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I only know Arliss because it came on before Cheap Seats on ESPN Classic

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm curious to watch some arliss and see if it holds up at all but weirdly it's like the only show not on HBO Go.

Well that and Dream On, which I'm also curious to see if it holds up.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Did they actually admit they made Mr Show? Last I noticed it was just on Amazon

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

Did they actually admit they made Mr Show? Last I noticed it was just on Amazon

I thought it was on HBOgo now?

What a weird thing to be ashamed of or whatever. It's a very good show. The weird thing is that they wouldn't just sell it to Netflix when Netflix revived the show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I thought it was on HBOgo now?

What a weird thing to be ashamed of or whatever. It's a very good show. The weird thing is that they wouldn't just sell it to Netflix when Netflix revived the show.

Well, Netflix didn't technically 'revive' Mr Show, they just gave Bob and David a sketch show. Just like they didn't technically bring back The Soup, just gave Joel McHale a show where he makes fun of reality TV and soaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

I'm curious to watch some arliss and see if it holds up at all but weirdly it's like the only show not on HBO Go.

Well that and Dream On, which I'm also curious to see if it holds up.

There were a bunch of episodes on youtube last year but sadly not anymore. It gets pretty loving out there at times.