Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm all fuckin jacked up about the expansion so I drew a thing

https://twitter.com/saboyland/status/977023136364363776

This is super good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SeANMcBAY posted:

They should bring back the mini games from Splatoon 1 to play in the lobby.

Only Murch gets to play them in Splatoon 2

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

How do you manage discord and switch audio at the same time?

I use just normal TV/Switch speakers for the switch, and a single AirPod for discord. The AirPods are pretty good at ambient noise cancellation, and I can charge one in the case slightly faster than one runs down doing constant audio.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Finally hit the 1.5 million milestone on total ink today. The next one is 4.6 million lol

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

In Training posted:

Finally hit the 1.5 million milestone on total ink today. The next one is 4.6 million lol

Has any goon hit the 4.6 million mark? I'm at like 2.7 or so I think.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

Idk but apparently the game stops counting once you hit 999999 with a weapon so, there is a theoretical maximum based on the number of weapons in the game.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

Idk but apparently the game stops counting once you hit 999999 with a weapon so, there is a theoretical maximum based on the number of weapons in the game.

Dooooo iiiiiiiiiit

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
What's y'alls playtime at now? I'm a little baby compared to most ppl in this thread but I'm finally closing in on 100 hours and I'm proud

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

top 10 anime deaths

https://twitter.com/In__Training/status/977381618104000512

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

What's y'alls playtime at now? I'm a little baby compared to most ppl in this thread but I'm finally closing in on 100 hours and I'm proud

i just crossed 270 O_O im sure theres higher in this thread though, i dropped salmon run for months until this ranking update which makes it more fun for me to solo queue. and ive been playing a lot more since the 3.0 announcement, there was a dry spell in the winter months for sure.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Nephzinho posted:

I'm not sure if any more than a handful of people in the world have hit the 4.6 million mark

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.
It doesn't happen often, but sometimes things go just right when playing with pubbies:
https://twitter.com/CollinearVertex/status/977353065836654598

goferchan posted:

I'm at 365 hours, but I've seen people with more than 1000 hours. It's nuts.

Slinky Weasel
Oct 20, 2009

goferchan posted:

I'm at uh... 675 hours :sweatdrop:

I really like Splatoon.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Anyone have a recommended cheapie headset for Android phones? I just used earbuds until now but I kinda want to dig into the goon discord for switch games since none of my friends play this.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Clam Blitz is a garbage mode that needs to be removed from the game. There are so many problems with it such as being able to super jump with the Power Clam (It's pretty much equivalent to being able to super jump with the Rainmaker.) and the fact that enemies literally cannot punish you for it is really stupid. You can throw the Power Clam into the goal the very moment you land, and nothing can be done about it.

Not to mention that you can make cheese pushes with the Baller and the best thing for the enemy team to do is to completely ignore you entirely, or the goal will get broken because you don't drop the Power Clam when the enemy team breaks it, but you do when you blow up the Baller. :wtf: And there's stuff like being able to throw in clams into the enemy team's basket from the mid structure on Kelp Dome instead of having to be next to the goal. I have no idea what the gently caress the devs were smoking when they came up with this haphazardly designed mode.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Dr. Fetus posted:

Clam Blitz is a garbage mode that needs to be removed from the game. There are so many problems with it such as being able to super jump with the Power Clam (It's pretty much equivalent to being able to super jump with the Rainmaker.) and the fact that enemies literally cannot punish you for it is really stupid. You can throw the Power Clam into the goal the very moment you land, and nothing can be done about it.

Not to mention that you can make cheese pushes with the Baller and the best thing for the enemy team to do is to completely ignore you entirely, or the goal will get broken because you don't drop the Power Clam when the enemy team breaks it, but you do when you blow up the Baller. :wtf: And there's stuff like being able to throw in clams into the enemy team's basket from the mid structure on Kelp Dome instead of having to be next to the goal. I have no idea what the gently caress the devs were smoking when they came up with this haphazardly designed mode.

Eh, give them time. It's a fresh new mode, so it'll have some faults that will be ironed out somehow. Meanwhile the biggest hurdle is still people not knowing how to bloody play the mode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Being able to throw the clam before the super jump completes is :discourse: It's still my favorite mode conceptually and I hope it gets some tweaks in 3.0

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I don't really mind all the Clam Blitz dirty tricks but it makes ranked really frustrating because if people on the opposing team know them and coordinate enough to use them, but your team doesn't, you just don't stand a chance. I'm not a great player but sometimes I feel like I can "carry" in the other ranked modes and swing the game occasionally, but in Clam Blitz you're really at the mercy of the matchmaking. It is extremely frustrating to be holding 9 clams near the goal, spamming "this way" to your teammate holding 2, while they ignore you and run around lol. Same when you're in a safe spot near the goal and your teammate has a football but won't super jump to you

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

goferchan posted:

Same when you're in a safe spot near the goal and your teammate has a football but won't super jump to you

I once just gave up, set up a Beakon by our goal to grab the Football, then snuck to a safe spot by their net, then quickly set up a Beakon to super jump back and forth with the Football. People are so bad at checking their maps and destroying beakons, even in S+, I could probably get away with just leaving it there for a while.

It helps I run Sub power and Super Jump Speed for Clam Blitz. They also help me grab Footballs other players drop when splatted since I can swim into danger and get out really fast with a Superjump - you sadly can't jump to spawn with Clams without destroying them so Beakons in safe spots help a lot.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/977575770255060992

Still waiting for the GDC Splatoon 2 keynote to appear sometime.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

pichupal posted:

I once just gave up, set up a Beakon by our goal to grab the Football, then snuck to a safe spot by their net, then quickly set up a Beakon to super jump back and forth with the Football. People are so bad at checking their maps and destroying beakons, even in S+, I could probably get away with just leaving it there for a while.

It helps I run Sub power and Super Jump Speed for Clam Blitz. They also help me grab Footballs other players drop when splatted since I can swim into danger and get out really fast with a Superjump - you sadly can't jump to spawn with Clams without destroying them so Beakons in safe spots help a lot.

This strategy will get you into S+ on its own and is pretty much the only way to "solo" the mode. Whereas in Rainmaker you can't win on your own but you can at least ensure you don't get KO'ed, no matter how good you are in Clam there will still be cases where enemies just suicide into you and score.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
clam blitz is super fun and playing with randos the night it dropped and no one having any loving clue what they were doing was hilarous

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Yeah Clam Blitz owns, sorry you're bad bro

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

goferchan posted:

I don't really mind all the Clam Blitz dirty tricks but it makes ranked really frustrating because if people on the opposing team know them and coordinate enough to use them, but your team doesn't, you just don't stand a chance. I'm not a great player but sometimes I feel like I can "carry" in the other ranked modes and swing the game occasionally, but in Clam Blitz you're really at the mercy of the matchmaking. It is extremely frustrating to be holding 9 clams near the goal, spamming "this way" to your teammate holding 2, while they ignore you and run around lol. Same when you're in a safe spot near the goal and your teammate has a football but won't super jump to you

Yeah, the only drawback is that you're doomed if your team is full of idiot assholes who have no interest in the objective, or defending your goal, or anything really, but that's an issue with every ranked mode. I imagine it's less of a pain in league, but I don't know enough people who play to do league. Guess I should hop in that discord, maybe it will make me curse at this game less.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I want to like clam blitz but the 2 or 3 times I've played it I've been the only one that actually knew what to do. I'm sure that's not a problem once you get out of the C's but boy is it rough

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Once I got out of the Cs I finally saw matches end with KOs. which was pretty cool

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Improbable Lobster posted:

I want to like clam blitz but the 2 or 3 times I've played it I've been the only one that actually knew what to do. I'm sure that's not a problem once you get out of the C's but boy is it rough

Clam Blitz was the roughest time getting out of the C's for me but people get at least a little less bad after that. I guess having an extra rule for people to remember breaks their brains. If you want to win in C rank then you're going to have to count on yourself for scoring, because there's a good chance you're literally the only one who knows what they're doing.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Tricks aside, that no one even in A ranks seem to know you can throw clams to each other is maddening.

I can't count how many times I've tossed a couple at a teammate with 8 or 9 only to have them just loving ignore them and move away. I've only been tossed to once. Once. Ever.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I sincerely hope they make use of the two unused dpad directions for additional communication options for clam blitz one day

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

g0lbez posted:

I sincerely hope they make use of the two unused dpad directions for additional communication options for clam blitz one day

Left and right should both be Woomy buttons

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

g0lbez posted:

For communicating if you want more clams or are trying to give someone clams? That's a good idea. Maybe "give me more!" and "take it all!"?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

For communicating if you want more clams or are trying to give someone clams? That's a good idea. Maybe "give me more!" and "take it all!"?

Those definitely wouldn't be abused while seabagging

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just lmao if clam blitz is not your dedicated turf wars rotation.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Guy Goodbody posted:

"I'm open!" "Catch!"

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
"Catch!" would maybe just cause a resurgence of the "I'm gay" "No gay" lobby BS :v:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

The Bloop posted:

Those definitely wouldn't be abused while seabagging

You don't see emotes from the opposing team, which is why they seabag.

I think a "danger" emote would be useful for when someone pings that they are going to jump to you. You can't convey "Here is not safe" with "Booyah" or "This Way", unless you intentionally die so you can say "Ouch"

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

creationist believer posted:

You don't see emotes from the opposing team, which is why they seabag.

I think a "danger" emote would be useful for when someone pings that they are going to jump to you. You can't convey "Here is not safe" with "Booyah" or "This Way", unless you intentionally die so you can say "Ouch"

If someone can't be bothered to pay attention to the surrounding colors on the map to make sure they're not super jumping into an ambush then they certainly won't bother listening to a "danger" ping

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Thinking about this for whenever the launch happens:

https://twitter.com/Clinton_Yeats/status/977800017049104384

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Japan's Nike-sponsored Splatfest ends with the popular side (which wasn't popular) winning 2 to 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't approve of squid-bagging. C'mon, we're all here to have a good time