Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014
that's uhhhhh pretty much impossible unless somehow my alignment has changed without even me being informed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

that's uhhhhh pretty much impossible unless somehow my alignment has changed without even me being informed

It’s you, you’re the cult aren’t you.

There are so many things that don’t make sense in this game I don’t know what to think anymore. Waving a trident in the air is nothing like making someone burn with it. I figured DB and birb were killed by the emerald but now it turns out you used the trident both nights too.

Why would you grab an emerald after the last two people who had it died??

I guess snail could be gambitting in LYLO too, but why use such a clumsy claim to do so

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why would you grab an emerald after the last two people who had it died??

idk what it does but i dont want scum to have something potentially powerful

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i have never targeted anybody explicitly with my trident. i just had a blanket use command and all of my flavor has been "you stayed in your room, messing around w/ the trident"

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Hal Incandenza posted:

It’s you, you’re the cult aren’t you.

I kinda forgot about this until now, but the thing that monathin said was they had to deal with scum before proceeding, and the sub people were only confirmed town to each other as the sub proceeded.

at some point during this v sleepless week I've had, I forgot about them not being explicitly confirmed town. I got an explicit statement that flerp is scum last night, and while I don't get it either, I kinda doubt I'm getting lied too there.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i mean on the sub we had a night and then nobody from the sub has been on the cult, nor have we had any cult flips at all. also the cult wouldve certainly won by now if there was one cult recruiter and even one cultist. so even if i am the cult recruiter, then i wouldve never recruited a single person this entire game which i mean if i was a cult recruiter (i was, actually, in one game in the distant past where i died n1) i wouldve at least recruited one person by now.

the only way that would kind of make any sense is if 1) cult doesnt flip cult for whatever reason (which i think would be incredibly lovely design) or 2) the "cult" isnt a cult but just flavor for an sk. but that doesnt really make sense because if it's a sk group with two players, town loses. so why make it be called a cult if it's one player? i guess the cult cop is really a serial killer cop or something? i dont know and all i know is that im not a cult

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

flerp posted:

2) the "cult" isnt a cult but just flavor for an sk. but that doesnt really make sense because if it's a sk group with two players, town loses. so why make it be called a cult if it's one player? i guess the cult cop is really a serial killer cop or something? i dont know and all i know is that im not a cult

I dunno but this sure sounds like the thing ecco would do

one of her previous games was a team of scum w no kill, and me as an sk targeting one person (but really everyone).

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I was pretty sure lupus was the scum before this all happened

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
idk i kind of believe snail's claim even though i know it's not true. like, if he was trying to go for a gambit of "get one of these people mislynched with a fake claim" i feel like anybody except myself wouldve been the more likely target of the gambit. like, im not trying to toot my own horn this game, but me being on the sub and pushing sal hard for a lot of days for him to lynch scum has given me a lot of town credit. but me and lupus have both expressed suspicision on hal, so it's kind of weird for him, if he's trying to do a gambit, to go for me, of all people.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
a cultist that makes items instead of recruiting, wields an item of they're's own: a trident that burns the bodies of those it pierces

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i mean its kind of difficult for me to explain all of this because ive been telling the truth throughout the game, but there's not a whole lot of reason to believe that. i cant really defend myself except say that, unless some insane fuckery happened, i am and have always been vanilla town this game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

i mean its kind of difficult for me to explain all of this because ive been telling the truth throughout the game, but there's not a whole lot of reason to believe that. i cant really defend myself except say that, unless some insane fuckery happened, i am and have always been vanilla town this game

Yeah tough spot but you used a trident both nights someone died and someone saw you burn someone the second time and it's hard to think that's just all a coincidence YET AGAIN. There were 2 kills last 2 nights which if one was you there is obviously someone one else killing too so I think you have to be a SK/cult/something not town. Which would fit in with the sub and Sal. However if that's true it also means that town is screwed unless we no cuddle and hope you and scum target each other for some reason. Which I assume has to be Lupus or else well done by snail that would be a big play but doesn't seem likely.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

idk i kind of believe snail's claim even though i know it's not true. like, if he was trying to go for a gambit of "get one of these people mislynched with a fake claim" i feel like anybody except myself wouldve been the more likely target of the gambit. like, im not trying to toot my own horn this game, but me being on the sub and pushing sal hard for a lot of days for him to lynch scum has given me a lot of town credit. but me and lupus have both expressed suspicision on hal, so it's kind of weird for him, if he's trying to do a gambit, to go for me, of all people.

I do agree with this, giving a fake result like that would only make sense if you pinned it on me, that would be instant game over.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lupus and flerp just claim and make your cases to me and snail so we can play kingmaker between you two

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

that would be a pretty fun ending to the game

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Yeah, the claim is so out of left field that it's hard to think it's a lie.

I am Kapuan, a Courtesan (double voter). I had two special necklaces and could grant one of them to someone during the day to make them a double voter, so I am now functionally a vanilla townie.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It would be cool if flerp needed to get the emerald and he could use the trident to kill whoever had it and then had to try to get in the thread first and get it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

LupusAter posted:

Yeah, the claim is so out of left field that it's hard to think it's a lie.

I am Kapuan, a Courtesan (double voter). I had two special necklaces and could grant one of them to someone during the day to make them a double voter, so I am now functionally a vanilla townie.

What happened to the other necklace?

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

It's my normal vote.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

Lupus and flerp just claim and make your cases to me and snail so we can play kingmaker between you two

we both have claimed. im vt with a trident and now an emerald but i havent gotten anything from ecco indicating if i can do anything w/ the emerald. i think my play this game has actually been pretty good within the thread. i have no idea what is going on with the night actions or what the trident does and have been completely upfront will all my flavor and actions.

can you claim hal? its most likely lylo and i dont remember if you have

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i dont like hal saying he and snail should be the kingmakers

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

we both have claimed. im vt with a trident and now an emerald but i havent gotten anything from ecco indicating if i can do anything w/ the emerald. i think my play this game has actually been pretty good within the thread. i have no idea what is going on with the night actions or what the trident does and have been completely upfront will all my flavor and actions.

can you claim hal? its most likely lylo and i dont remember if you have

Im Senhir, Diplomat VT

You have played well for sure

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

Unless I’m way off base I don’t see how town can really win at this point. Even if you are telling the truth you’ll probably die from the stupid emerald

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m open to other theories

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

Unless I’m way off base I don’t see how town can really win at this point. Even if you are telling the truth you’ll probably die from the stupid emerald

i mean, if this becomes like ultimate night mafia where there's a sk and a scumbo then thatd be pretty lol and we know what we have to do then

if there's two scum, we would've lost, so thats not the case

if there's another killing scum (whether it be from the scum team or an sk or cult or whatever) then we can lynch them and even if the emerald would explode in my face, we'd still win

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

So from my point of view is either lunch Hal or snail. I really want to lunch Hal.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

if there's another killing scum (whether it be from the scum team or an sk or cult or whatever) then we can lynch them and even if the emerald would explode in my face, we'd still win

oh yeah that's true. I am just having a hard time believing that because yet again there is a hard-to-believe excuse when someone is caught killing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

LupusAter posted:

So from my point of view is either lunch Hal or snail. I really want to lunch Hal.

you're cool with the guy who was caught killing someone

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

LupusAter posted:

Also why me? The only thing anyone has said about me all game is DBD who said I was too wishy-washy which I disagree with. I am no different this game than any other game, and I actually have a pretty good track record in this game of going after scum. I just seem to be some sort of default choice but there isn't even anything to defend myself against.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Its been a long week I’m gonna make dinner and relax and come back to this with better focus

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

you're cool with the guy who was caught killing someone

Hm, true. But for flerp to be scum it would mean that the people from the sub lied, and they were confirmed town.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Hmm, Hal's kingmaker comment sits poorly with me, but so does snail's claim.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

LupusAter posted:

Hm, true. But for flerp to be scum it would mean that the people from the sub lied, and they were confirmed town.

I feel like you're not reading the words that the other 3 of us post

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

flerp posted:

somehow I don't disagree

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sentimental snail posted:

somehow I don't disagree

Everyone hates fun

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

LupusAter posted:

monathin's wording implies that they weren't given any direct confirmation. my result (for some reason) says flerp is scum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Everyone hates fun

I just don't like you being in charge!!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i mean, you have to take my word for it and that's kind of lovely rn, but on the sub we had to kill all scum, so like there's no possibility i can be scum (altho, technically, i could be 3p)

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i mean the other possibility is that ecco legit lied to us and said, well, one scum can survive, but that's not actually the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
snail im little confused, looking back at the claim

motherfucking flerp is scum. I visited him last night and saw him kill with a trident.

##vote flerp

so you visited me (as in, you tried to doc me), got a result saying the doc was successful, and then saw me kill with the trident

I'm Pobisu'a, personal cleric of the Ma'jaruna (town doc ya'll)

I protected max N1 and saw tmm perform the kill. I protected dbd n2 because I couldn't self protect. I protected atomic soda N3 and dbd n4.

had felt pretty strongly that flerp was town so far

but in this, you saw tmm perform the kill n1, but tmm was loud which was why you saw him perform the kill. so that means you just have a regular doc and youve never seen anybody else visit anybody?

• Locked thread