Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Moola posted:

What are they doing to it?

2 round burst, and the AoE explosion will actually have noticeable impact, supposedly. They keep teasing that their test servers are full of insane moments with the rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

2 round burst, and the AoE explosion will actually have noticeable impact, supposedly. They keep teasing that their test servers are full of insane moments with the rifle.

Yeah, 3 round down to 2, it doesn't do the same enemy knock-back it does now when the enemy dies, aoe death blast actually blows poo poo up, and the aoe explosion turns into seekers after the initial blast to chase anyone nearby. Iirc.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Always interested in better black hole explosions

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

cvnvcnv posted:

Yeah, 3 round down to 2, it doesn't do the same enemy knock-back it does now when the enemy dies, aoe death blast actually blows poo poo up, and the aoe explosion turns into seekers after the initial blast to chase anyone nearby. Iirc.

Gravitoutbreak Prime

Can’t wait for Saladin’s gruff and irritated Siiiivaaaaaa like he’s about to curse the name of Dinkleberg

mp5 posted:

That looks like more hotdogs than people currently active in the Hot Dog Clan

Man that sucks. I thought that was gonna be The Clan To Be In too. I’m sure people will be back.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 23, 2018

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
Maybe...

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
making guns cooler is good

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Always interested in better black hole explosions

Eat a lot of chorizo

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hot Dog was bumpin’ until everyone who cared had 40+ raid clears and nothing left to do

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah all the clans were bumping. What a fun time the very beginning was.

Then we realized how shallow everything is and their horrid design choices. :(

Real question and I think it’s been asked: Where is the Halo 2/3 Bungie Team now? I want them to work on D2...

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
old. they would be old now.

i don't think they ended up anywhere in significant numbers.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

If only someone who wasn’t concerned with their social market share had tried to make a single, easily accessible place for Destiny players to congregate together and still find groups in these trying times of retardation.

oh wait lol right

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Real question and I think it’s been asked: Where is the Halo 2/3 Bungie Team now? I want them to work on D2...

Microsoft Bungie split into Bungie and 343 Industries. I assume all the ones that went to 343 Industries were fired or quit because they seem to outsource everything to Russia and make horrible games.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Technically they don't make ANY games, lol

Can't wait for the thrilling conclusion to the "Cortana is Bad now" saga

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Halo 6 hasn't even been announced yet and the last one was almost three years ago

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Halo 6 hasn't even been announced yet and the last one was almost three years ago

Yeah that's what I mean. Apparently they released Halo Wars 2 in 2017 but I don't count that as a Thing in any way

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I think all the Halo 2/3 team members just scattered off in different directions. If there was an exodus to another specific developer, it isn't obvious.

Bungie back then was tiny - only 60 people worked on Halo 2. Destiny 2 has 800+. Even if all the original talent had remained in place, that is some serious, serious dilution.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I think all the Halo 2/3 team members just scattered off in different directions. If there was an exodus to another specific developer, it isn't obvious.

Bungie back then was tiny - only 60 people worked on Halo 2. Destiny 2 has 800+. Even if all the original talent had remained in place, that is some serious, serious dilution.

hire 740+ managers effective game development

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I just found an interesting link that shows what the Halo 2 developers are up to now;
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/672n45/what_the_people_who_made_halo_2_are_up_to_now/

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Some folks went to 343. Source: I went to high school with a guy who was Halo Bungie then 343.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it's because halo 5 was really bad and halo 4 was a good ending to the chief's story and no one is particularly interested in 'cortana is the bad guy'

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

https://twitter.com/deej_bng/status/977308013588496384

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Milky Moor posted:

it's because halo 5 was really bad and halo 4 was a good ending to the chief's story and no one is particularly interested in 'cortana is the bad guy'

As much as a tired, stale, boring rear end trope as it is, Master Chief waking up at the beginning of 6 and learning Halo 5 was all just a bad dream as he rockets into the sun or something would be infinitely better than whatever they have come up for it to continue the lovely storyline of 5.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Obsurveyor posted:

As much as a tired, stale, boring rear end trope as it is, Master Chief waking up at the beginning of 6 and learning Halo 5 was all just a bad dream as he rockets into the sun or something would be infinitely better than whatever they have come up for it to continue the lovely storyline of 5.

the other thing is that halo 4 was very obviously building into a 'Chief fights the UNSC' story, which then never eventuated probably because microsoft wouldn't allow a game of the chief killing humans

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

the other thing is that halo 4 was very obviously building into a 'Chief fights the UNSC' story, which then never eventuated probably because microsoft wouldn't allow a game of the chief killing humans

cowards

give me spartans: the line

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Sounds like Halo blows dicks these days. :rip:

e: Or maybe I should give it a try, and not just view it through the warped rose tint of handjob-tier expectations which will permanently kneecap my own enjoyment of anything.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 24, 2018

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Waffle House posted:

e: Or maybe I should give it a try, and not just view it through the warped rose tint of handjob-tier expectations which will permanently kneecap my own enjoyment of anything.

you okay dude?

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Are strikes and the raid any fun? I played though both 1 and 2 on someone else's PS4, so I only ever did the main campaign. It turns out my PC really can run this game and I was wondering if multi-player PvE is any good? I don't care about PvP, so if crucible is awful it doesn't calculate into my decision.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Waffle House posted:

Sounds like Halo blows dicks these days. :rip:

4 and 5 aren't even good by modern standards. Pretty much every other major AAA FPS is more enjoyable. CoD, Battlefield, Fallout 3/4, RS6, CSGO, Farcry, etc etc...

It's really just Microsoft riding the Halo brand, it's worked out pretty well for them but they lost a lot of goodwill when they absolutely botched MCC. Halo has pretty much faded away as a force alongside Gears of War. Microsoft don't really look after their first party output as well as Sony or Nintendo.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Twincityhacker posted:

Are strikes and the raid any fun? I played though both 1 and 2 on someone else's PS4, so I only ever did the main campaign. It turns out my PC really can run this game and I was wondering if multi-player PvE is any good? I don't care about PvP, so if crucible is awful it doesn't calculate into my decision.

Some of the strikes are alright, but they’ll get repetitive quickly. The raid is fun.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Is handjob-tier a good or a bad tier?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
depends on the hand

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

4 and 5 aren't even good by modern standards. Pretty much every other major AAA FPS is more enjoyable. CoD, Battlefield, Fallout 3/4, RS6, CSGO, Farcry, etc etc...

It's really just Microsoft riding the Halo brand, it's worked out pretty well for them but they lost a lot of goodwill when they absolutely botched MCC. Halo has pretty much faded away as a force alongside Gears of War. Microsoft don't really look after their first party output as well as Sony or Nintendo.

Oof. Pour one out for Bungie’s past IP as well. I never had a *Bone so I only got to peripherally enjoy most of Halo, but that sounds p fractured.

I like how the Bungie-that-was has now been annexed by three or four different companies, yet I still consider them, even post-merge/acquisition, all products of the same essential body.

Moola posted:

you okay dude?

Of course man, just concerned.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 24, 2018

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Microsoft did go into the xbone with the sort of swagger Sony went in with the PS3. But rather than utterly dominate the previous generation (PS2 sales are nuts), they only did very well. And then kind of shot themselves in the foot again and again and again because who needs good first party titles with all those third party titles and TV?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It’s true, the last good Halo game was Reach.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I completed the raid for the first time this weekend. I got all my armor over 330 and a Masterwork Sins of the Past. It was fun. Now to get up to 330 for the Prestige raid. The glowing armor is snazzy.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Not only does this game run on a potato, it also works through a tethered cellular internet connection:

Mill Village posted:

I completed the raid for the first time this weekend. I got all my armor over 330 and a Masterwork Sins of the Past. It was fun. Now to get up to 330 for the Prestige raid. The glowing armor is snazzy.

MW Sins of the Past is deeeefinitely a good thing to get out of the raid. IMO best of the Cluster launchers atm

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Has anyone on Reddit done a side by side timeline between D1 and D2 to show how far along their content feed was around this same spot in D1’s lifecycle?

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

Has anyone on Reddit done a side by side timeline between D1 and D2 to show how far along their content feed was around this same spot in D1’s lifecycle?

D1 launch: September 2014
The Dark Below: December 2014
House of Wolves: May 2015
The Taken King: September 2015
Rise of Iron: September 2016

D2 launch: September 2017
Curse of Osiris: December 2017
Expansion 2: May 2018 (confirmed here)

Seems like they're following the same pattern and E3 will have an announcement for a larger Taken King styled expansion due in September. It remains to be seen if we see another two smaller expansions after that or they take a whole year to do another larger expansion like Rise of Iron, or something else entirely. They've been following the same content release pattern so far, though.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Mastetwork Rocket launchers are so disappointing. 1 orb per. Rocket, max :negative:

Luckily sins of the past is outright broken to begin with, so Masterwork could make it WORSE and it'd still be the best weapon for your Heavy slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I came by to see if the carrot got any better, I see it's still dry and shriveled. Game is still pretty, I reinstalled to see how it looked on my new monitor, then got bored.

• Locked thread